UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball > Archived Seasonal Match Threads > 2022 Match Threads

2022 Match Threads Discussion specific to game day and in-game opponents on the schedule.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 09-16-2022, 04:46 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 10,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,504 Times in 2,530 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Wichita St Match

Friday night at Frerricks is always a good time. Like I said earlier in the week, another week, another rotation. And as a Chris said, we are preparing for A10 play even as we paste together a rotation. Even with the weekly changes, weve got to find a high level of play that we can count on being a consistent bottom. We have struggled to make runs and at times we have given up big runs. Even with the constant shuffling of the deck, weve been around the block too many sets/matches now that we should be able to start putting our own runs together during every set at this point. We arent playing Top 25 anymore. We also need to up our serve game. We have taken way too many aces and given away too many service errors. Those are skills on individual players. Its not a rotation-thing.

I would like to see the serve game improve tonight.
Id like to see Layne Yates have a second big game in a row.
Id like to see Lexie bounce back from a somewhat below par outing.

Lots of other things to improve, but those would be a great start.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (09-16-2022)
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2022, 08:26 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,456 Times in 846 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Well, that wasn’t pretty. Despite the scores, those first two sets weren’t close. Kudos to the team for showing enough grit to win the third, but on the whole they were just outclassed — too many service errors at inopportune times, and the blocking just wasn’t there. Time to regroup and play revenge ball in round 2 against Wright State.
Old 09-16-2022, 09:41 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 10,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,504 Times in 2,530 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
I was out of pocket during the match but logged on a couple times for just a snap shot. I saw we only had 1 block in the first two sets. Then I did watch about 10 minutes of video to try to see something to explain that. Their setter was eating our lunch with a fast offense in my very limited view. Blocks just weren’t getting set/closed. Expect every A10 team to break down this match if that was the case. We open at Fordham. I like their coach. We need to jump on WSU fast and start a roll. The A10 will all be gunning for us. Lots of things to get fixed fast.
Old 09-17-2022, 02:14 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,257 Times in 5,163 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
At the moment, it's not out there on the court. Spots of real good Vball intertwined with too many inconsistencies and unforced errors. I'm kind of in TXAs camp....these home matches should be ours to take. Not happening though. We may have to scrap and claw to win the A10.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
"Yeah....220, 221, whatever it takes." - Jack Butler (Mr. Mom)
Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (09-17-2022)