UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Poll Results: Whose wearing the diamond studded Golden Rollo's today?!
Scoochie 15 28.30%
DDavis 0 0%
KDavis 1 1.89%
Big Steve 1 1.89%
Crosby 3 5.66%
Archie 33 62.26%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2016, 04:18 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,910 Times in 6,994 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
The Diamond Studded Golden Rollo Award - LaSalle

There are times when you suck, royally suck...and then there was this afternoon.

How do you explain this one to the NCAA seeding committee? Who cares? This thread isn't about excuses, it's about truths, and you now have 48 hours to determine who gets to shamelessly wear the Golden Rollos on the flight home from Phili.

Cooke and Mr. Sentimental are ineligible for today's award since they appeared to play as if they care.

In the mean time, WHO DEY!

Last edited by rollo; 01-09-2016 at 05:28 PM..
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2016, 04:20 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,262 Times in 666 Posts
FlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond repute
Archie and staff. No way a ranked Flyers team should lose to that team. It's a psychological issue.
Mad Props to FlyerGuyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-09-2016)
Old 01-09-2016, 04:27 PM

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
Archie, Archie, Archie Massively out-coached for one of the first times in the last 3 years. Still one of the best 20 coaches in college basketball, but this one squarely on Archie.

(1) Absolutely no adjustments to the game-plan, particularly in the 2H.
(2) Playing Crosby the last 8 minutes when he keeps jacking 3s. Crosby 0 for 3 from 3 the las 8 minutes. Crosby took the 2nd most shots in the game for Dayton at 10 (Pierre only with 7 shots).
(3) No adjustments in the defense giving up 25 points in the final 8 minutes of the game.
(4) Fouling the guy shooting 90% at the end of the game where the other 4 players shoot less than 70%. Double team the guy shooting 80% with 8 seconds left. Dayton cuts it to 1 and then fouls the only excellent shooter on the team. Bad Bad Bad coaching.
(5) Archie being stubborn and not playing zone or full court pressing. Press a team with 6 players and then go back into a 3-2, they have no inside game except on backpacks which doesn't work versus a 3-2.

Archie's best and worst attribute is that he is stubborn about this system.

Last edited by ruechalgrin; 01-09-2016 at 04:37 PM..
Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-09-2016)
Old 01-09-2016, 04:27 PM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
Tough choice for me today. No adjustments in the 2nd half that I could see so it was tempting to vote for Archie on this one. Then again, we got up 7 in the 2nd half but let them right back in it. Archie has said that Scooch was the best player down the stretch last season "far and away". He didn't even play like one of the 5 best on his team today. BTW, somebody tape Baby D's fingers back up and then light a fire under his butt.
Old 01-09-2016, 04:44 PM
1st Lieutenant

flyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond repute
Not even close! This one squarely on Archie, no adjustments that I could see. Should have pressed and trapped all over the floor in an attempt to change the tempo and/or wear them down. And of course we all know Archie will not zone, no matter how badly we get beat on the dribble drive. And I'm not suggesting we become a zone defense team, but rather use it if the situation calls for it, like at times today.
I just cannot understand the stubbornness when it comes to this subject.
Old 01-09-2016, 04:48 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyercasey View Post
Not even close! This one squarely on Archie, no adjustments that I could see. Should have pressed and trapped all over the floor in an attempt to change the tempo and/or wear them down. And of course we all know Archie will not zone, no matter how badly we get beat on the dribble drive. And I'm not suggesting we become a zone defense team, but rather use it if the situation calls for it, like at times today.
I just cannot understand the stubbornness when it comes to this subject.
Whatever it took to up the tempo/wear them down, and also pile up the fouls on LaSalle is what frustrated me the most. They are undermanned and they certainly don't have the athletes and skill we had last year. It was obvious about 1/4 into the game that we needed to prey on their weaknesses and never did. This is really hard to take.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:18 PM

Thanked 17,143 Times in 5,114 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
If you think UD is going to play winning basketball at LaSalle, SJU, URI, or GW -- no matter the circumstance -- you need to have your fan card revoked.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
31770 (01-09-2016)
Old 01-09-2016, 05:25 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,409 Times in 577 Posts
anthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond repute
I don't vote in these polls, but how is Pierre not on the poll? Did you watch the game or only look at the box score? Pierre was a walking turnover. He played very poorly.

I only remember us winning one 50/50 ball today and that was Kyle winning one in the last minute of the game. Sadly, LaSalle wanted it more. I guess we can chalk it up to the curse of being ranked in a meaningless top 25 poll.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:58 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,563 Times in 944 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
May not have to explain this loss to the selection committee. I see at least 5 more conference losses and us squarely on the bubble. If we can't murder this hopeless team, then every game is at risk. All the close games, big leads squandered, miracle come back at Vandy were harbingers of this. Those who just kept drinking the Koolaid are now vomiting it back up. This one was all Archie. think he was just waiting for our talent to take over. Why we didn't just pound it inside all day is beyond me.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:36 PM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Archie owns this game...I'm thinking about renaming the Golden Rollos to the Golden Archies.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

IndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
I don't vote in the polls because the fault seldom belongs to any one player and I don't like singaling out an individual player. But when it rests squarely on the shoulders of a coaching staff who underperformed at all levels I have no trouble voting. I VOTED.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by IndianaFlyer; 01-09-2016 at 09:38 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to IndianaFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-09-2016), rollo (01-09-2016)
Old 01-10-2016, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by anthonycharles View Post
Did you watch the game or only look at the box score?
I missed all of the first half because I was officiating, so my Poll was based on listening to Larry and looking at the box score. Pierre may have had some turnovers, but from the tone of the radio broadcast I didn't get the impression he was doing anything but playing like himself...which includes turnovers.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:04 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
I missed all of the first half because I was officiating, so my Poll was based on listening to Larry and looking at the box score. Pierre may have had some turnovers, but from the tone of the radio broadcast I didn't get the impression he was doing anything but playing like himself...which includes turnovers.
The king is weak. We need someone else to step up and take over these polls with that kind of half-ass crap.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:24 AM

*HA! I made myself Royally chuckle

Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
The king is weak. We need someone else to step up and take over these polls with that kind of half-ass crap.
As soon as you get out of the dungeon and work your way into my throne, the Poll can be yours. Unless there's another King out there* capable of my greatness!