User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-11-2018, 01:44 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
For the folks that have seen the games

I've had to listen to the first two games so I was curious about some things for the folks who went to or watched

How does Mikesells movement look on the court?

Does Trey Landers shot/shooting look better from last year?
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2018, 02:04 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
I've had to listen to the first two games so I was curious about some things for the folks who went to or watched

?

If you had asked me after the exhibition game, I would have said very slow and almost uncoordinated on D and that he would be a liability defensively.

After seeing the two games that count, no worries at all here and looking forward to a good season. Running, jumping, defense, etc all looks quite solid, granted it has been against not the best of competition so far. The UD coaching and medical staff obviously have no concerns with Mikesells hips given the number of minutes he is playing
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 02:05 PM
Captain

Dogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant future
Mikesell moved better last night than in exhibition. Overall, he looks like he is moving pretty well and has been aggressive to the rack. The surgery didn’t turn him into the Flash, but he is back to form. Looks like a real addition to the roster and a leader out there. Going to get solid, consistent performance out of him. He will be a liability at times guarding a faster, more athletic player but he will add more than he gives.

Trey really hasn’t taken many outside shots to form an opinion. Not sure that is his role on this team anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Dogdaddy For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 02:08 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dogdaddy View Post

Trey really hasn’t taken many outside shots to form an opinion. Not sure that is his role on this team anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device
I think the dream with him is to develop like Kyle Davis where he could people honest if they leave him open
Old 11-11-2018, 04:02 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Trey's shot looks good. They didn't seem to fall last night.

Mikesell's defense is OK. Still a little slow, but adequate, and much, much, better than when he was injured. He has a huge impact on ball movement. Easy to see his basketball IQ is off the charts.

Obi's inside / outside skills are something we have not had in a long time. Honestly, I don't recall a player with those skills. Realize it's only 2 games, but not too shabby.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:25 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post

Does Trey Landers shot/shooting look better from last year?

Chris has given a very detailed analysis of each game and each player on Pride+.
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
wes (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 08:59 PM
Captain

Flyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to all
Passing & court sense

I thought our passing was good. Seemed like players shared the ball well and players have some good court sense. Knew where team mates would be to accept the passes.
Mad Props to Flyer Dave For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-11-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 09:15 AM
Colonel

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dogdaddy View Post
…..

Posted via Mobile Device
Concerning Trey's role, I think he needs to set the tone that we will not be physically pushed around. The others need to follow his lead. Since Kyle, Scoochie, and Kendall left we have been susceptible to physical play. This team needs to man up to that style.... First real test of that will be Butler.
Mad Props to TerryK_67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (11-12-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 09:35 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,130 Times in 5,865 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
I have been impressed with what Dwayne Cohill has showed us as a backup PG. As a frosh with two games, he shows the same promise as Scoochie and Crutcher. He was cool and collected, and ran the offense. The "Hill" has played 39 minutes without a turnover.

I was not as impressed with Jordan Davis. He is one of my two faves on this team, but I thought he looked very unsure as to what to do in running the offense.

Hopefully both get more time, so they learn to fully play PG.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-12-2018)