UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-11-2024, 05:30 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,321 Times in 2,451 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
And the Obi Jersey Winner Is…

bigudfan finishes in a tie for first place for Game 16 with a point score of 6 and a 100% deduction of (29) to net (23) to take a 5 point lead over Stick’n Stearns and win the Obi Jersey contest. Bigudfan’s final score was 260 for the win.

Stick’nStearns finished 3rd for Game 16 with a score of 8 garnering a 50% deduction but it only gave him a (15) and a net of only (7). He finished with 265 points.

I will post the Game 16 Top 5 next but the final leaderboard won’t get posted until Monday. (Hard to type when I’m driving.)

Bigudfan - you can have an Obi Indy jersey. If I can resource an Obi Flyer Jersey and you want that instead I’m ok with that. If you want 2 Obi t-shirts - maybe a Knicks and Indy - or maybe 2 Indy for you - or maybe 2 Indy one for you and one for a better half or child. Or maybe an Obi t-shirt and if I can source it a Tou Blazers t-shirt. Send me a private message what you think you want and the size(s) and I’ll go to work to find a source. I’ll send you links to shop with what I can find so you’ll be able to hopefully pick out what you want.

And now for the rest of you…the highly anticipated participation trophy prize….

Everyone with less than 3 missed games will be getting 2 new Chapel Blue ball point pens with Dayton Flyers printed on them. And I’ll be announcing some special prize winner that will win additional pens. To the best of my knowledge (although living several states away I can’t exactly swing by the campus stores to verify this) I believe these are the first Chapel Blue Flyers pens on the market. Clearly they are a collectors item being so RARE and highly sought after once they get mailed out to you. Probably more valuable than the winner’s prizes, but don’t tell bigudfan that. And we will see if Chris can post a picture?

More posts on Monday. Thank you for playing.

Last edited by BeckysTXA; 02-12-2024 at 09:53 AM..
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
bigudfan (02-11-2024), cj (02-13-2024), ClaytonFlyerFan (02-11-2024), frisco flyer (02-12-2024), jack72 (02-12-2024), Sticks 'n Stearns (02-12-2024), superfan99 (02-13-2024), The Fly (02-11-2024)
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2024, 05:51 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,709 Times in 769 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
If I can resource an Obi Flyer Jersey and you want that instead I’m ok with that.
First off thanks for doing this and adding an extra incentive to watch the NBA. I am wondering, after spending all the time calculating and posting scores, if you'd do it again if you had to do it over? I'm guessing yes.

If the Obi Flyer Jersey is the choice, my niece runs the bookstore and spirit stores and I can get you connected to see what options she still has if any.

Thanks again. This was loads of fun!
Old 02-11-2024, 06:57 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,314 Times in 779 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, thanks for your work on what was a fun contest. That makes YOU a winner.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to The Fly For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (02-11-2024), bigudfan (02-12-2024), Chris R (02-12-2024)
Old 02-12-2024, 09:58 AM

BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post
First off thanks for doing this and adding an extra incentive to watch the NBA. I am wondering, after spending all the time calculating and posting scores, if you'd do it again if you had to do it over? I'm guessing yes.

If the Obi Flyer Jersey is the choice, my niece runs the bookstore and spirit stores and I can get you connected to see what options she still has if any.

Thanks again. This was loads of fun!
The Obi Flyer Jersey is the request, so I will be happy to take your niece’s info to see what she has and hopefully do business with “family”. Send me a private message with her name and the business phone number. Thank you.
Old 02-12-2024, 09:06 PM
Captain

Sticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud of
Congrats to bigudfan! And thank you Becky for putting this together - it was a lot of fun!
Mad Props to Sticks 'n Stearns For This Totally Excellent Post:
bigudfan (02-13-2024)
Old 02-12-2024, 10:49 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,800 Times in 2,873 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Great job, Jody! You certainly put in some work on this!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2024, 01:31 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 16,839 Times in 5,033 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
You should be thanking BeckysTXA profusely for all of this. It was her time in managing it, and her money in funding it. It was all her doing w/no coaxing from me. Ask not what UDPride has done for you, ask what you have done for UDPride.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Old 02-13-2024, 11:39 AM

Well…I’m tardy in getting the final details out because my Monday was crazy coming back from a weekend away. So thanks in advance for your patience. This is clearly the mind goes first when something is done - like everyone’s last semester in college. Lol stay tuned.
Old 02-13-2024, 02:40 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,709 Times in 769 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Well…I’m tardy in getting the final details out because my Monday was crazy coming back from a weekend away. So thanks in advance for your patience. This is clearly the mind goes first when something is done - like everyone’s last semester in college. Lol stay tuned.
I sent a PM with contact info. I can't see it though in my sent box so not sure if you have received it.
Old 02-14-2024, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post
I sent a PM with contact info. I can't see it though in my sent box so not sure if you have received it.
Just got it. Thank you and I will be calling her after I finish the next post.
Old 02-14-2024, 03:51 PM

Final Winner's List with the special "Awards".

Everyone with less than 3DNP's wins 2 Chapel Blue ball point pens.

Jersey Winner: bigudfan - he's is getting an Obi Flyer Jersey for his son.

Players who finished in the Top 5 - 5 times when deductions began: Stick's n' Stearns will get 3 extra pens.

Players who finished in the Top 5 - 4 times when deductions began: bigudfan and ChampCar will get 2 extra pens.

Players who finished in the Top 5 - 3 times when deductions began: The Fly, jack72, Indiana Flyer, superfan99, Blade62445 and Claytonflyerfan will get 1 extra pen.

Players who had a perfect score of 3: Claytonflyerfan will get 3 extra pens.

do54 will get 1 pen - he started late in the game but competed every week thereafter and finished. So yeah he gets a pen.

Players who scored more than 500 points and were the bottom 3, but kept coming back each week and finished: jabo911, CraSch and BuickFlyer get 2 extra pens.

Player who took the most crap from me: Claytonflyerfan should get a dozen more pens, but it's not going to happen.

HOW TO COLLECT YOUR WINNINGS: send me a private message with your address. You can include your name or not. If not I will address the envelope
with your moniker and at UDPride.

I'll hold your pens until the end of May if you don't get around to sending me the info. And I'll send you one remember message the first of May. After that, you forfeit the spoils. I have a life.

Thanks for playing!
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
bigudfan (02-14-2024), ChampCar (02-14-2024), ClaytonFlyerFan (02-14-2024), rollo (02-14-2024), superfan99 (02-14-2024), The Fly (02-14-2024), TXFlyerFan (02-15-2024)
Old 02-14-2024, 05:58 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,515 Times in 3,685 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Final Winner's List with the special "Awards".

Players who had a perfect score of 3: Claytonflyerfan will get 3 extra pens.

!
To me whoever had the perfect score, you know the hole in one, the 300 game, should be praised more than the lucky winner of the league! Congrats to that guy!

Becky a BIG THANK YOU for doing this contest. Much appreciated by all.
My therapists says another dozen sessions or so and I might show signs of recovery from all your crap!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (02-15-2024), bigudfan (02-14-2024)