UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball > Archived Seasonal Game Threads > 2008-2009 Game Threads

2008-2009 Game Threads Specific threads dedicated to each home and away game for UD Men's Basketball.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 09:40 PM
1st Lieutenant

bosoxrule is an unknown quantity at this point
What happened to Charles Little in the 2nd half? Did he even play? 13 total minutes for the game and 3 fouls. I think I only recall seeing him in there for a little bit of the 2nd half...
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 3,607 Times in 2,451 Posts
Mich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Avid Flyer View Post
Just how much did the flight delay play into Daytons 2nd half play. They looked more tired than usual, and totally out of sync. I think Jet lag did become a factor in the 2nd half.
I was wondering the same thoughts. That was a rough trip they made. They should be more rested for Charlotte.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:45 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,690 Times in 2,510 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Any win on the road is a good win in conference. This team knows how to win. Just ask some other teams how tough it is to win on the road ( Wake Forest just got blasted by a mediocre Miami team).
Old 02-04-2009, 09:46 PM
General

Thanked 1,266 Times in 784 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Phi Psi Flyer '09 View Post
LF is even getting in on it...look out LaSalle

somebody , i think flyer 95 , predicted big game from outside source... meaning luke or pw i think
Old 02-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Captain

The Price is Wright is infamous around these partsThe Price is Wright is infamous around these partsThe Price is Wright is infamous around these parts
Avid,

The flight delay had nothing to do with it. I wasn't aware that jet lag affects you after one hour of playing basketball? No offense, but that's the dumbest question ever posted on udpride. LaSalle made halftime adjustments and we didn't and we threw the ball away. LaSalle got the ball in the hands of their star players and we were forcing it to Kurt Huelsman. Luckily Marcus Johnson and Chris Wright won the game.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
LaSalle tightened up the D a bit, allowed UD to throw it into KH anytime the Flyers wanted. Flyers kept leaving their feet on the drives instead of sitting down and making a solid decision they left their feet and either took a bad shot or made a bad pass.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:54 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,556 Times in 3,701 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Price is Wright View Post
Avid,

The flight delay had nothing to do with it. I wasn't aware that jet lag affects you after one hour of playing basketball? No offense, but that's the dumbest question ever posted on udpride. LaSalle made halftime adjustments and we didn't and we threw the ball away. LaSalle got the ball in the hands of their star players and we were forcing it to Kurt Huelsman. Luckily Marcus Johnson and Chris Wright won the game.
Where to begin?
First of all- the flight delay, circling Philly waiting to land, then getting to your hotel at 2 AM in a different city (not Philly) all contribute to fatigue.
Secondly, If we do not "force" it in to Huelsman, MJ is never open to hit the threes he hit early in game. In fact, at least one was great kick back out from Kurt.
Third- Saying this is the dumbest question ever posted on UDPride is flat out ridiculous comment for you to make.
Lastly- MJ & CW did not win the game. The TEAM won the game
Old 02-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Colonel

swish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
That would be me, and we were talking about the first half, in which he played Good.

Overall, I would still not call his game bad, as he played great D as always, and had a decent line. I would not call it great either though.

Sorry to aim this at you, but I am beginning to think you are one of the guys who sit near me at home games, that are always dogging on London this year. His play is much approved, and I still contend he is our better point gaurd over the course of the entire season.
He never spends money to go to the games. He's just on here in the negative game thread mode.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:01 PM

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
We have to live with what we have, but can you imagine what we would be like if our guys had the mid-range jumper game LaSalle displayed tonight.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:05 PM
Captain

The Price is Wright is infamous around these partsThe Price is Wright is infamous around these partsThe Price is Wright is infamous around these parts
I just can't stand people coming up with excuses every time something goes wrong. We have a habit of fading down the stretch against bad teams no matter how much sleep the guys get. We didn't make any defensive adjustments, and Green kept abusing us. Our guards were throwing the ball away. Nobody was more tired than usual. Had we lost the game, the jet lag would've been the reason for most of you and not the fact that we didn't step up and destroy a mediocre team. There's always an excuse.

And for the record, in crunch time, when winning the game was on the line, Wright and Marcus did win it for us.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:06 PM

Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sid Louick View Post
We have to live with what we have, but can you imagine what we would be like if our guys had the mid-range jumper game LaSalle displayed tonight.
the part that frustrates me is that instead of doing a jump stop and going up for an under control jumper in the lane they never anticipate getting cut off so they are always leaving their feet and taking runners or making off balance passes(which often result in TOs).
Old 02-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Colonel

swish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant future
I got the impression real early in the game that we seemed sluggish, and even said something about it in this thread. Maybe it could have been because of the travel problems, don't know. But I do think our defense lacked it's usual intensity.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:09 PM
General of the Air Force

ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=
And for the record, in crunch time, when winning the game was on the line, Wright and Marcus did win it for us.[/QUOTE]

And for the record, according to the box score we had 10 other players (known as the TEAM) contribute tonight to put us in position for Marcus to win it for us tonight.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:25 PM
Major General

Phinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to behold
I just can't stand people coming up with excuses every time something goes wrong. We have a habit of fading down the stretch against bad teams no matter how much sleep the guys get. We didn't make any defensive adjustments, and Green kept abusing us. Our guards were throwing the ball away. Nobody was more tired than usual. Had we lost the game, the jet lag would've been the reason for most of you and not the fact that we didn't step up and destroy a mediocre team. There's always an excuse.

And for the record, in crunch time, when winning the game was on the line, Wright and Marcus did win it for us.
How many excuses does a 21-2 team need? I could care less about how much we win by, heck we could win the NCAA Tournament with a combined margin of victory of 7 and I'd be pretty darn happy with that.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,229 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
I just can't stand people coming up with excuses every time something goes wrong.
I can't stand it when people come up with excuses everytime something goes right - 21 times this season and some so called fans still aren't happy
Old 02-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,262 Times in 666 Posts
FlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond repute
Guys, LaSalle was actually a one point favorite. We won the game. I just got back...awesome first half, somewhat sluggish second half, awesome finish of course. I normally don't ever blame the refs, but we did get a bit homered tonight. That's to be expected on the road though, I guess.

Bottom Line: 21-2.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:39 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,413 Times in 670 Posts
flyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyerGuyer View Post
I normally don't ever blame the refs, but we did get a bit homered tonight. That's to be expected on the road though, I guess.
You wouldn't know it to listen to the LaSalle announcers, even people on their board were complaining about how whiny they sounded.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:42 PM

Lasalle was very athletic. They did a nice shot of posting up their big guards and they made some tough shots. Any road win is a good win. My thought before the season was that 4 road wins in conference would be very good, they are up to 3.

The Flyers certainly played with a lot of energy. The poor decision making on offense was the only real negative.

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
Unbelievable

I guess the reason there were only 2,200 fans at our game with LaSalle tonight is that the other 3,800 college basketball fans in the Philly area were at the GW - St. Josephs game. That kind of interest will probably ensure the A-10 Tournament will return to Philly again in 2010!
Brigadier General

FlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, and the one rim seemed weird. LaSalle couldn't hit much in the first half, and then just about every shot the Flyers took in the second half on that rim bounced and danced around but didn't go in. At one point someone yelled out: HIGH SCHOOL RIMS. LOL
Old 02-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,110 Posts
JimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, if I hadn't known better after reading this thread and I would have thought the Flyers lost. Amazing how so many fans can continue to complain about how a 21-2 team keeps winning.
Mad Props to JimBo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Tony T 71 (02-04-2009)
Old 02-04-2009, 10:44 PM

Thanked 1,645 Times in 683 Posts
Tony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nbflyer View Post
I'm just glad that I don't have a pre-existing heart condition.

I do
Old 02-04-2009, 10:48 PM

Thanked 1,645 Times in 683 Posts
Tony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond repute
We might have lost. "We are who we thought we were" 21-2 baby
Old 02-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Brigadier General

I guess the reason there were only 2,200 fans at our game with LaSalle tonight is that the other 3,800 college basketball fans in the Philly area were at the GW - St. Josephs game. That kind of interest will probably ensure the A-10 Tournament will return to Philly again in 2010!
Yeah, there was almost as much Flyer red in the stands as Explorer blue...
Old 02-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,568 Times in 5,077 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
This could end up being a top 100 road win for us.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Fudd View Post
This could end up being a top 100 road win for us.
LaSalle definitely has a solid squad. Not great, but solid.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:56 PM

the sad part is that the only place the tourney has had any atmosphere was in UD Arena. Philly was a nice central location and offers lots to do but the Spectrum was a dump and the fans would only turn out of a Philly team made it to the finals.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Sea Bass View Post
the sad part is that the only place the tourney has had any atmosphere was in UD Arena. Philly was a nice central location and offers lots to do but the Spectrum was a dump and the fans would only turn out of a Philly team made it to the finals.
Totally true. When I went to the tourney at the Spectrum 9-10 years ago or whatever it was, it was horrible. Stands way less than half full and you could hear a pin drop the whole time.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:28 PM
Moderated User

flyerpassion is infamous around these partsflyerpassion is infamous around these parts
[QUOTE=The Price is Wright;97774]couldn't even attempt a shot. Wow! Inexcusable coaching. Warren dribbles around for 34 seconds.[/QUOTE

I still can't understand why EVERY TIME we want to run the shot clock down before we take a shot we wait until there are 7 SECONDS ON THE SHOT CLOCK to start the offense. It's absolutely ridiculous. Start it w/ at LEAST 11/12 on the clock. I can't imagine how Gregory continues to instruct them to do this!
Old 02-05-2009, 12:04 AM
Academy Doolie

Drugs Delaney is a jewel in the roughDrugs Delaney is a jewel in the roughDrugs Delaney is a jewel in the roughDrugs Delaney is a jewel in the rough
That game was a lot of fun, but very frustrating. Had second row seats behind the UD bench and it was great fun in the first half as they played some fantastic defense and made a lot of nice shots. The second half was a whole different story, but that ending was fantastic. And that wasn't even Marcus Johnson's best dunk of the night. That first dunk was incredible. Absolutely worth the price of admission alone. I hope to find it on YouTube later.
Mad Props to Drugs Delaney For This Totally Excellent Post:
ParkerUD09 (02-05-2009)
Old 02-05-2009, 01:50 AM
1st Lieutenant

ParkerUD09 is infamous around these partsParkerUD09 is infamous around these partsParkerUD09 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Drugs Delaney View Post
That game was a lot of fun, but very frustrating. Had second row seats behind the UD bench and it was great fun in the first half as they played some fantastic defense and made a lot of nice shots. The second half was a whole different story, but that ending was fantastic. And that wasn't even Marcus Johnson's best dunk of the night. That first dunk was incredible. Absolutely worth the price of admission alone. I hope to find it on YouTube later.

Looked like a good UD fan turnout. Could definitly hear you on the radio, good work.
Mad Props to ParkerUD09 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDBaby (02-05-2009)
Old 02-05-2009, 02:04 AM
1st Lieutenant

AllAroundUDFan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FlyerGuyer View Post
Guys, LaSalle was actually a one point favorite. We won the game. .
Not that it matters, but at game time UD was the one point favorite. You are probably thinking of the initial line. It changes as bets are placed.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Major

BlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by AllAroundUDFan View Post
Not that it matters, but at game time UD was the one point favorite. You are probably thinking of the initial line. It changes as bets are placed.
I guess we still beat the spread.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by AllAroundUDFan View Post
The oddsmakers know what they're doing, don't they?
Old 02-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,110 Posts
JimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyerpassion View Post
I still can't understand why EVERY TIME we want to run the shot clock down before we take a shot we wait until there are 7 SECONDS ON THE SHOT CLOCK to start the offense. It's absolutely ridiculous. Start it w/ at LEAST 11/12 on the clock. I can't imagine how Gregory continues to instruct them to do this!
Not to defend the concept, but I will defend BG on this. If you watch enough college basketball, you will notice a lot of other coaches who do the exact same thing in these situations. I don't always understand it, but I'm not being paid to understand it. Just saying that it's just not a Gregory thing, it's a widely used tactic.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:10 PM
General of the Air Force

[QUOTE=flyerpassion;97906]
couldn't even attempt a shot. Wow! Inexcusable coaching. Warren dribbles around for 34 seconds.[/QUOTE

And if we do get an open look and score a 2 point basket with say 5 or 6 seconds left, the other team has plenty of time to get down the floor and get off a decent three point shot to win the game by 1 point. Waiting until 7 seconds or so left seems to be the norm in college ball these days.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:15 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
[quote=flyerpassion;97906]
couldn't even attempt a shot. Wow! Inexcusable coaching. Warren dribbles around for 34 seconds.[/QUOTE

Okay let me see if I got this right. BG is a bad coach cause he has the team take the shot clock down to 7 seconds before they execute a play, but then you go on by saying LW dribbles around for 34 seconds and don't get a shot off. That to me sounds like player execution and not coaching. Coaching called for the play to be executed several seconds earlier but player didn't do it. Yep bad coaching, not bad player execution
Old 02-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,181 Times in 578 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
I remember reading a book by Dean Smith years ago. In it he stated that with the scored tied at the end of the game he wanted his teams to start the offense, atttack the basket, with 9 seconds remaining. The idea being that it left enough time for a missed shot to be put back in but not enough time for the opponnent to score. That was his philosophy and I believe that most college coaches adhere to it.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Drugs Delaney View Post
Channel 7 did show that sick one hander on the sports highlights at 11, but I didn't tape it. Could end up on YouTube, though.

Tags
game thread, lasalle