UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > STEVEN E. YUHAS MEMORIAL LOUNGE > Off-Topic Gibberish

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 04-11-2018, 10:10 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 3,382 Times in 1,772 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Today in music history

35 years ago today R.E.M. released their first album, Murmur. One of my favorites of all time. Reckoning was their second album and is also one of my favorites.
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2018, 12:35 AM

Thanked 1,753 Times in 713 Posts
UDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond repute
I saw them play for free at the Georgia Tech student union.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-12-2018, 10:33 AM

cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
One of our suppliers gave me tickets to see them at the Staples Center in LA during the Green World tour back in 1989. Great show.

Last edited by cj; 04-12-2018 at 10:36 AM..
Old 04-12-2018, 10:55 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,548 Times in 1,276 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
^
I assume you mean the forum, as the Staples Center did not exist back in 1989.

anyhoo, here is the set list:

set: Pop Song 89 / Exhuming McCarthy / Welcome To The Occupation / Turn You Inside-Out / Pilgrimage / Be All That You Can Be - Orange Crush / Disturbance At The Heron House / Feeling Gravitys Pull / Time After Time (Annelise) / We Live As We Dream, Alone - World Leader Pretend / Begin The Begin / Pretty Persuasion / Tired Of Singing Trouble - I Believe / Crazy / Get Up / Auctioneer (Another Engine) / It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
encore 1: Stand / Wolves, Lower / Fall On Me / You Are The Everything
encore 2: Finest Worksong / King Of Birds - Letter Never Sent / See No Evil
encore 3: Harpers / I Remember California / Strange / Perfect Circle / After Hours
notes: This show can be found on the double bootleg CD "Reminiscence", Morris Windsor guests on conga drums on 'King Of Birds'.

Perhaps the greatest thing to happen to REM was their move from IRS to Time Warner. "Green" was their first record on Time Warner, released in '88 or '89 prior to that tour, however, IRS put out their "eponymous" album of greatest hits one month prior to the release of Green. With Green providing a break thru to mainstream popularity, new fans (such as myself at the time) we able to purchase a CD of all their best stuff prior to Green at the same time.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:01 PM

Yes, it was the Forum.