User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-26-2013, 11:50 PM
General

Thanked 4,501 Times in 2,047 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Two Things

Devin Oliver
should never take a three . . .

Kavanaugh
deserves a seat at the end of the bench . . .

STFU!

Great effort by the Flyers - beat Cal tomorrow and come home to a hero's welcome!

Justin (11-27-2013), San Diego Flyer (11-27-2013)
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2013, 11:53 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Glen Clark View Post
Devin Oliver

Kavanaugh

STFU!

Great effort by the Flyers - beat Cal tomorrow and come home to a hero's welcome!

2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (11-27-2013), rollo (11-27-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 12:02 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,395 Times in 712 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
Kav did have a seat on the bench down the stretch, so he could see first hand the "Stud 6"9 220" cost UD the game. Kav, like all the rest of us, was in awe watching the stud mis a box out, and bat that rebound over the back of the back board on the offensive end, good job stud. It's official Kav should never play again, now that we have huge stud.

Last edited by Beatty Town Coach; 11-27-2013 at 12:04 AM..
Old 11-27-2013, 09:15 AM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,132 Times in 2,308 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Devin Oliver
I still believe this. But, he was 4/4, and the 4 3-pointers made was a career high, so props to DMO on a great performance. He is now upto a 25% career 3pt shooter. He should crash the boards, work inside, and let Sibert, Pierre, Sanford, Price and Smith take the 3s.

Kavanaugh
For the pundits, Kav's was +10, Scott was -3. (Oliver was +13, Sibert +6, and Smith +1, everyone else was negative.)
Mad Props to Figgie123 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-27-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 09:39 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,494 Times in 4,702 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Devin Oliver
Also DMO's form is bad and his release point is off, that's why he will never be any good shooting threes. And he can't translate the great three point shooting in practice to big games because he chokes. Poor Devin. Just don't understand why Arch would ever let him shoot from 3pt.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (11-27-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 10:01 AM

Thanked 10,096 Times in 5,841 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
I was also on the bench Kav wagon, but I jumped off after the first half last night. Baylor made their run with him on the bench. Austin, the tall center, had like o points and 1 rebound at the half. In the second half with Kavs in foul trouble and Scott playing, he had 10 points and 6 rebounds. As some have mentioned Kav does a great job setting picks and blocking out. Nuff said.

Scott's head was not right last night. Maybe he was upset that Kav started. Well get over it, and prove it on the court and in practice.

Last edited by jack72; 11-27-2013 at 10:22 AM..
Old 11-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Beatty Town Coach View Post
Kav did have a seat on the bench down the stretch, so he could see first hand the "Stud 6"9 220" cost UD the game. Kav, like all the rest of us, was in awe watching the stud mis a box out, and bat that rebound over the back of the back board on the offensive end, good job stud. It's official Kav should never play again, now that we have huge stud.
Weren't you the one in the Kav thread telling people it's not right to blame one player for the team's performance? Nice hypocrisy.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:38 AM
General

Thanked 5,386 Times in 2,348 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Though I've been accused of it irrationally, I have never said to bench him. And I'm glad AM didn't. We need the whole team ready because some days you get the bear and some days the bear gets you. Everyone needs to be ready to contribute and you can't do that if you've been told by the coach to go to the bench and never come back.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,395 Times in 712 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
It is not right or good to blame a player, but obviously, that was my point, it was dumb when others did it, and it would be a mistake for anyone to blame a player for a loss. Exactly, that is what I was trying to reveal. But notice, I didn't reference the player by name; unlike others who put a players name on the thread itself.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:45 AM
Colonel

pmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond repute
I agree that I'd rather see DMO inside with put-backs, etc. A little less dribbling and 3-point shooting wouldn't bother me. Still, the guy got hot and banged some big 3's for us. Sometimes you've just got to feed the hot hand and let them gun it.
Mad Props to pmcmullen For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (11-27-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 11:51 AM
General

Thanked 1,266 Times in 784 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
dont' understand the Devin O should not take threes.

Did I not see 4 made threes last night. Yes it 's not ideal... however those dudes were big underneath , making it hard for Pierre and Oliver and most of us driving.

Pullups and threes were mostly called for against Baylor last night. And he stuck them!
Mad Props to Flyer 86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (11-27-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 11:52 AM
General

Thanked 1,266 Times in 784 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Scott had a very vanilla game. Only guys that were consistent were Jordan, Oliver, Khari (sort of) and Vee somewhat. Very choppy waters last night.

Took the gas off the pedal is why we lost. And missed the chippies
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer 86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (11-27-2013), Flyer69ers (11-27-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 11:59 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
DMO is shooting .490 for the year and .385 from three. They said that he is a great three point shooter in practice and maybe he gains a little self confidence from last night.

If they leave you wide open DMO shoot it!
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDBrian For This Totally Excellent Post:
46 Chambers Alumni (11-27-2013), Flyer 86 (11-27-2013), MrFlyerFanatic (11-27-2013), Tony T 71 (11-27-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,527 Times in 5,061 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
I kept saying "Nooooooooooo_______ok, nice shot" every time Oliver put one up and drained it last night. I'm ok with his shots, but only when they go in.

I was disappointed with his crazy turn-around move shot in the final minutes. I thought he was trying to do too much and was out of control on that one. But, overall, he has been playing very well for us.

Kav is going to be effective in some match-ups and not effective in others. We don't have a complete package big man, so we have to platoon the position.
Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-27-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 12:37 PM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
Do I think Oliver can be a high thirties to low forties percentage shooter behind the arc? No. Do I think he can hit a high enough percentage that defenders have to close out and think he'll take the shot, enabling him to put the ball on the floor from a stretch 4 position? Yes. If he can be somewhere around 30% he needs to take open threes that are in the flow of the offense and in rhythm. Not every time he catches it, but enough the scouting report says he'll take it and we can't completely lay off.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDDoug For This Totally Excellent Post:
CraSch (11-27-2013), flyerfanatic86 (11-27-2013), jack72 (11-27-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 01:25 PM
2nd Lieutenant

TMPH66 is just really niceTMPH66 is just really niceTMPH66 is just really niceTMPH66 is just really niceTMPH66 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
Though I've been accused of it irrationally, I have never said to bench him. And I'm glad AM didn't. We need the whole team ready because some days you get the bear and some days the bear gets you. Everyone needs to be ready to contribute and you can't do that if you've been told by the coach to go to the bench and never come back.
We forget that this is OOC time in prep for the A10 schedule. AM used all but one of our scholarship players in both games thus far. Each game has been against a quality opponent. Our new people learned a lot and we learned a lot about them. I'll take a one point loss to a ranked opponent, if it means we compete better in conference play. As of now I think this tournament has been a great help to the team. AM is taking the long view and I like the approach.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TMPH66 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer69ers (11-27-2013), Glen Clark (11-27-2013), Tony T 71 (11-27-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 02:20 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,743 Times in 798 Posts
UDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TMPH66 View Post
We forget that this is OOC time in prep for the A10 schedule. AM used all but one of our scholarship players in both games thus far. Each game has been against a quality opponent. Our new people learned a lot and we learned a lot about them. I'll take a one point loss to a ranked opponent, if it means we compete better in conference play. As of now I think this tournament has been a great help to the team. AM is taking the long view and I like the approach.
Ok...I'm good with that.

But, from what I've seen from this AM team so far, I have pretty high expectations for them in A-10 play...(f' that 7th place pre-season pile)

So, a typically ****-poor underwhelming UD performance in league play will and should fall squarely on AM.....which I don't think will happen, but then again, I've been drinking the hairy buffalo kool-aid non-stop for the last couple of days so my judgement is questionable and impaired to say the least.

I think the Flyers will have a very good season and if they do a very big reason for their success will be AM and how he leads these Flyers....now pass the bowl...punch bowl that is....