Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-24-2018, 10:10 PM
Major

Donniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant future
The Amazing Kreskin Prediction...

I actually saw him at UD in 1969. The guy was amazing... the place was packed.
Anyway, here is my prediction:
Overall record: 15-15
A-10 record: 9-9
A-10 Tourney: We can beat anyone and we can lose to anyone. You pays your money, you takes your chance on this season.
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2018, 11:18 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Donniex3Era View Post
I actually saw him at UD in 1969. The guy was amazing... the place was packed.
Anyway, here is my prediction:
Overall record: 15-15
A-10 record: 9-9
A-10 Tourney: We can beat anyone and we can lose to anyone. You pays your money, you takes your chance on this season.
Here's my prediction. We don't win enough in conference to get an at-large bid nor an NIT and in the A10 tournament, we might beat one of anyone but we will for certain lose one game to one of anyone and no post season.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:21 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
CBI bound
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-24-2018, 11:33 PM
Major

Donniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Here's my prediction. We don't win enough in conference to get an at-large bid nor an NIT and in the A10 tournament, we might beat one of anyone but we will for certain lose one game to one of anyone and no post season.
I believe that is what I have been saying along..no bid period
Old 01-24-2018, 11:35 PM
Major

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
CBI bound
Posted via Mobile Device
don't want that.. terrible tourney and you HAVE TO PAY to get in..no thanks
Old 01-24-2018, 11:43 PM
Captain

Rick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud of
I'm willing to revisit the discussion in mid-March, and possibly change my opinion based on actual immediate context (mostly re: health/injuries).... but with our program in the place it is in, I see no reason to go getting all superiority-complex-y about the opportunity to play more games against top 150 teams.

I'm happy to set my ego aside, if it happens to be beneficial to the future prospects of a young team, to play a few extra games. And it is only ego that you have to sit aside; the dollar figures involved are a pittance, even if UD only gets one extra home game out of it.

And if it works out that we truly stand to gain nothing by having those extra games? Well, I'm fine packing up my ball and calling it a season, too. But with 7 weeks to go, I honestly can't say that already feels like stone cold lock, or anything.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:23 AM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Let’s see how the team plays the rest of the season. There has been notable player improvements. This is especially true for Landers, The Davises, Cunningham and Crutcher. I feel that we have players that can compete with anyone, but as a team we are not quite where we need to be. If we keep making progress toward playing better as a team, we can make a nice run to end the season and go to the conference tournament on a high.

I am not going to give up on these guys just yet.
Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-26-2018)
Old 01-25-2018, 12:31 AM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
More games and more practice time is only gonna help out the younger players
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Canonball (01-25-2018), Flyer 86 (01-26-2018), rollo (01-25-2018), Tony T 71 (01-25-2018), ud2 (01-25-2018)
Old 01-25-2018, 08:48 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by frisco flyer View Post
Let’s see how the team plays the rest of the season. There has been notable player improvements. This is especially true for Landers, The Davises, Cunningham and Crutcher. I feel that we have players that can compete with anyone, but as a team we are not quite where we need to be. If we keep making progress toward playing better as a team, we can make a nice run to end the season and go to the conference tournament on a high.

I am not going to give up on these guys just yet.
This is my take too. If these 5 players can take one more step forward somewhere in their development plus if Kostas and X can take two steps forward before the conference tourney, I think we would be sitting in great shape to make a run. Find a way to improve something in your game. However, I think it’s important for someone to get better at getting the ball into JC on a more consistant basis and overall everyone needs to continue to get better at playing man 2 man defense.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:58 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,650 Times in 838 Posts
Canonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond repute
10 games left. 3 against the top of the league, but 6 of them on the road. I just don't see this team being able to put it together on the road. I think 6-4 over that stretch is optimistic unless something dramatic happens. Been a tough year.
Mad Props to Canonball For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-26-2018)
Old 01-25-2018, 09:23 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Canonball View Post
10 games left. 3 against the top of the league, but 6 of them on the road. I just don't see this team being able to put it together on the road. I think 6-4 over that stretch is optimistic unless something dramatic happens. Been a tough year.
We're going to still see upcoming games on the road that look no different than the game a week ago against St. Joe's..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
Canonball (01-25-2018), Flyer 86 (01-26-2018)
Old 01-25-2018, 09:26 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,283 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Agree that 6-4 would be about the best outcome. hold serve at home, likely losses to URI and VCU, leaves little margin for error. Lightening could strike, but more that likely 16-14 will be about top end.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,488 Times in 763 Posts
N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
Not a prediction, but a hope that we finish at least one game above .500, somewhere around .5000000001
Old 01-25-2018, 09:32 AM

Thanked 6,125 Times in 4,170 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
The Flyers are not included in these NIT bracketology sites.

Bonnies a 4 seed in the NIT, 1 NCAAT bid for the A10.

https://www.dratings.com/predictor/bracketology/

Bonnies a 1 seed, Davidson a 7 seed. 1 A10 NCAAT bid.

http://www.nycbuckets.com/current-nit-bracketology/
Old 01-25-2018, 09:33 AM
Colonel

Flyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant future
NIT - it will be great experience to build on for next year
Mad Props to Flyer69ers For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (01-25-2018)
Old 01-25-2018, 09:52 AM
General

We have no hope of an NIT bid. Since the NCAA took it over we can't get in on attendance anymore not to mention the auto bids for the mid & low major conference champs

CBI is the only postseason short of winning the A10 tourney. Yes, we have to pay to play in it & its 0 prestige

I look at it like bowl practice for a college football team. The games are a push for me but I defy anyone to tell me that 2+ weeks of extra practice aren't going to help Kosta & the freshman for next year
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Canonball (01-25-2018), Tony T 71 (01-25-2018)
Old 01-25-2018, 01:04 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Agree. Teams like Penn State, Texas A&M, Texas, Purdue, Washington State, Pittsburgh, Butler, Oregon State, Creighton, Rhode Island, Oregon, VCU, St Louis, and St John's have played in the CBI. I certainly wouldn't say the CBI is beneath us. Depending on how the rest of the season plays out, it would be a good experience for the younger players if it is our only alternative.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-26-2018), ud2 (01-26-2018)
Old 01-25-2018, 01:34 PM
Captain

AZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud of
I agree on the 15-15, and think a CBI type tournament would be great to get our frosh more experience. A tournament like that would jump at the chance to have a sold out crowd at a UD home game.

As for the A10 tournament, we can beat anybody except Rhody. It's ridiculous how much better they are than every other team in this league. I will be stunned if they have more than 1 league loss.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:45 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OCFlyer85 View Post
A tournament like that would jump at the chance to have a sold out crowd at a UD home game.
I would bet Rollo's mortgage against a sellout. Flyer Faithfuldom has its limits. Fanny's will be in seats that were paid for the previous June. The turnstiles don't spin quite as often for home NIT games, let alone CBI games. The scenario is compounded by the fact that we're coming off 4 trips to the dance and, right or wrong, expectations were not realized.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (01-25-2018), CE80 (01-25-2018), Figgie123 (01-25-2018), UD62 (01-25-2018)
Old 01-25-2018, 01:47 PM

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OCFlyer85 View Post
A tournament like that would jump at the chance to have a sold out crowd at a UD home game.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:58 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,484 Times in 810 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by N2663R View Post
Not a prediction, but a hope that we finish at least one game above .500, somewhere around .5000000001
Yeah, even in a down year Dayton should be above .500
Old 01-25-2018, 03:46 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,325 Times in 444 Posts
Runnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond repute
This is key... and my hope is Kostas gets more playing time as the season winds down.

A lot of folks concentrate on individual players or the head coach, but the reality is it is about these guys learning how to play with each other.

The only guys who actually played together on this team prior to this year are Williams, D Davis, and Crosby (Josh to a smaller extent).

With Williams and Crosby getting little playing time, that equals a bunch of guys who can't really anticipate what the others will do on the floor at any given time.

It's not like Scoochie, Kyle, and Kendall - who could anticipate what the other was doing before it even happened.

I think back to when I was playing in my prime, and I knew that if I had 2 of my hoops buddies playing with me... it didn't really matter who else was on our team - we were going to win regardless.

And that was mostly due to the fact that we knew each others games inside and out.

Maybe this team is finally starting to gel, and will go on a 10 game win streak... but I'm guessing they still are not quite there yet, and we will all have to wait for it to happen next year.
Mad Props to Runnin' Rebel For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 03:33 PM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Some talent is there, but it's still too raw. We're just starting to see potential come out in a few players. The best thing about this year is that it's almost over so the guys can spend the offseason building team unity and working on their games.

If we're fighting for 0.500 at this time next year, I will be making a contribution to the "fire AG fund." I don't expect that to happen.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-26-2018)