Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-09-2016, 06:27 PM
2nd Lieutenant

Larry67 is a jewel in the roughLarry67 is a jewel in the roughLarry67 is a jewel in the roughLarry67 is a jewel in the rough
Suggestions for recording streaming media?

When games are broadcast on TV at a time when I can't be home, it is simple enough to DVD a recording of the game. However, recording a game on streaming video that I can't watch live is more challenging. I have a program that allows me to record streaming video (Appian Replay Media Catcher). However, I can only use that program to record streaming video when I already have the streaming video up and running on the screen. The program will not permit me to select and turn on the streaming video at a pre-selected time. Nor can I select and turn on the video's URL early and merely record for several hours. The "watch video" selection on the Flyers website will not permit me to do that. Does anyone who is more computer literate than me have any suggestions?
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2016, 06:38 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,329 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Larry67 View Post
When games are broadcast on TV at a time when I can't be home, it is simple enough to DVD a recording of the game. However, recording a game on streaming video that I can't watch live is more challenging. I have a program that allows me to record streaming video (Appian Replay Media Catcher). However, I can only use that program to record streaming video when I already have the streaming video up and running on the screen. The program will not permit me to select and turn on the streaming video at a pre-selected time. Nor can I select and turn on the video's URL early and merely record for several hours. The "watch video" selection on the Flyers website will not permit me to do that. Does anyone who is more computer literate than me have any suggestions?
I think its actually "applian" (with an "L" in the name). I will try the free version out and get back to you if i get it working.
Posted via Mobile Device