Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-04-2018, 11:31 AM
Colonel

udscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these parts
AG

you know me, I have bashed him from day 1, but I wanted to say I love that he is holding the players accountable, as least the way it looks, Crosby played totally out of control for 5 mins last night, and he went to splinter city asap and never moved, same with Kostas and Williams in the past. Svoboda he gave ever chance in the book to succeed and he just cant make a shot, other parts of his game are good, but the poor guy cant make a shot so he also went to splinter city, lets just hope last night was not a 1 game wonder, but they played great

I am not the biggest Trey fan, but OMG what an effort last night, he was on a 1 man mission, great job last night Trey
11 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to udscott For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (01-04-2018), Buster Goode (01-04-2018), C-time (01-04-2018), Flyer 86 (01-06-2018), jack72 (01-04-2018), Jeff (01-04-2018), lhsgolf19 (01-04-2018), mikeymo85 (01-04-2018), tirebiter (01-04-2018), TommyGola (01-04-2018), upperarlingtonflyer (01-04-2018)
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2018, 01:36 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udscott View Post
you know me, I have bashed him from day 1, but I wanted to say I love that he is holding the players accountable, as least the way it looks, Crosby played totally out of control for 5 mins last night, and he went to splinter city asap and never moved, same with Kostas and Williams in the past. Svoboda he gave ever chance in the book to succeed and he just cant make a shot, other parts of his game are good, but the poor guy cant make a shot so he also went to splinter city, lets just hope last night was not a 1 game wonder, but they played great

I am not the biggest Trey fan, but OMG what an effort last night, he was on a 1 man mission, great job last night Trey
LOL. Wow, pat on the back for you. That's only temporary. You're a real putz for bashing him from day 1. If you really understood more about basketball than the actual bounce of the ball you'd see it differently.

Last edited by steve; 01-04-2018 at 01:40 PM..
Old 01-04-2018, 01:49 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute

Who are you, and what have you done with udscott?
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (01-04-2018), ClaytonFlyerFan (01-04-2018), udscott (01-04-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 01:57 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
I Applaud AG

for his attention to detail on developing the identity of this team as a defensive team. IMHO they won the game over SBU with their defense in the first half.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Alberto Strasse For This Totally Excellent Post:
IAFlyer (01-04-2018), jack72 (01-04-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 02:03 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
I saw the thread title and thought by the time I could post here those UNMERCIFUL BB Gods would have closed this thread!

I shall quietly walk away without comparing A verse B; past years verse this year, so as not to provide yet another closure ........ maybe

2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (01-04-2018), rollo (01-04-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 02:34 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,152 Times in 2,713 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
I was worried that AG may have lost the team which showed in the play at Duquesne. I am glad that this is not the case and the players can see the positive results of a very good effort against a very good team.
Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (01-04-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 04:01 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute

UDScott: You may not be the biggest Trey fan now, but by the end of the season this young man is going to win you over. He gets better and better each game.
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
udscott (01-04-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 04:03 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alberto Strasse View Post
for his attention to detail on developing the identity of this team as a defensive team. IMHO they won the game over SBU with their defense in the first half.
Absolutely, Alberto...they put a clamp on Adams and Mobley in the first half and that enabled them to build a cushion for the second half. Do you recall how Jalen Adams torched us last year from the three-line? Until late in the game when Mobley got hot, we did a really good job of limiting their threes.
Old 01-04-2018, 04:22 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,690 Times in 2,510 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
I know I have stated this several times, but you can’t make rash judgments after one game in either direction. It’s a long season and a marathon. You hope they can string these types of games together. Sometimes you just need a little boost to get over the hump.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer69ers (01-05-2018), jack72 (01-04-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 08:56 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
I know I have stated this several times, but you can’t make rash judgments after one game in either direction. It’s a long season and a marathon. You hope they can string these types of games together. Sometimes you just need a little boost to get over the hump.
I agree (and am guilty). The next thing AG must do is find a way to get XW to going. The talent is there, and has been demonstrated last year. He can help alot on the O & D boards. The coach is the leader and is holding the cards. He must find a way. Then move on to Svoboda. We need a solid 8+ guys to contribute.

Baby D isn't going off for 28 every game, we need the whole team.
Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (01-05-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 09:23 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
X is the biggest disappointment so far this year. I don't know how much is injury, but he had no interest in rebounding, playing inside or defending. He hangs around the perimeter hoping to hoist a three. Worked ok last when there were other guys doing the dirty work and drawing defenders. Ain't working now. Assuming it's not his health, he needs to get after it or transfer somewhere they need a soft chucker. Cunnigham has to have some help inside.
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
cobra8u (01-04-2018), Jeff (01-05-2018), Radar (01-05-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 10:18 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,123 Times in 4,169 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steve View Post
LOL. Wow, pat on the back for you. That's only temporary. You're a real putz for bashing him from day 1. If you really understood more about basketball than the actual bounce of the ball you'd see it differently.
Under normal circumstances, I would fully agree with you, but these are not normal circumstances.

We are seeing the same problems here as were at Alabama. When you do not see growth/change from the hc, when he was already fired once, then I think the bashing is justified.

Hopefully the final outcome here is different.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:31 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
Under normal circumstances, I would fully agree with you, but these are not normal circumstances.

We are seeing the same problems here as were at Alabama. When you do not see growth/change from the hc, when he was already fired once, then I think the bashing is justified.

Hopefully the final outcome here is different.
Your continuously bring up AG's past at Alabama is getting as old as your continuous rant about UD scheduling.

Give it a rest.
Posted via Mobile Device
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fairborn Fan (01-05-2018), GoFlyer (01-05-2018), priceg75 (01-05-2018), sopaw10 (01-05-2018), TerryK_67 (01-05-2018), UD62 (01-05-2018), UDTradition (01-05-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 07:13 AM
Colonel

udscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Your continuously bring up AG's past at Alabama is getting as old as your continuous rant about UD scheduling.

Give it a rest.
Posted via Mobile Device
you give it a REST! why when someone don't have the same opinion as you, they have to give it a REST ? why is your opinion correct and his is not ?
Old 01-05-2018, 07:57 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
you give it a REST! why when someone don't have the same opinion as you, they have to give it a REST ? why is your opinion correct and his is not ?
Not true. I have no problem with the opinion. It is the constant repeating of that opinion with nothing new added.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (01-05-2018), priceg75 (01-05-2018), SeasonTicketFan (01-05-2018), sopaw10 (01-05-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 10:46 AM

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
X is the biggest disappointment so far this year. I don't know how much is injury, but he had no interest in rebounding, playing inside or defending. He hangs around the perimeter hoping to hoist a three. Worked ok last when there were other guys doing the dirty work and drawing defenders. Ain't working now. Assuming it's not his health, he needs to get after it or transfer somewhere they need a soft chucker. Cunnigham has to have some help inside.
Posted via Mobile Device
I have been a big Williams critic this year, but I did see some baby steps last game. He ran the offense and passed up a couple of threes, and did crash the boards a couple of times. He also took the ball inside, but got turned away like a ragdoll. He has a long way to go, but it is obvious the staff is showing him where the water is. Now will he drink?
Old 01-05-2018, 12:59 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
x needs to look no further than DD to see the remedy to his current situation. Last year DD was in AM's doghouse at about the same time in the schedule in his JR year. DD focused on defense and effort and eventually found himself back in the rotation.

We can't forget these kids are 20-21 yr's old. A guy like X thinks it's "his time" as a junior. He gets hurt and AG goes with other options (see Trey Landers). I can understand X being in a funk for awhile. Time to snap out of it and buy into what the coaches ask of you for the teams success. I think he will and will be a key contributor as the season progresses.

The easy out is to sulk and get PO'd about the perceived slight. DD didn't do that last year and I don't think X will this year.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (01-05-2018), Runnin' Rebel (01-05-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 02:16 PM
Captain

RamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
x needs to look no further than DD to see the remedy to his current situation. Last year DD was in AM's doghouse at about the same time in the schedule in his JR year. DD focused on defense and effort and eventually found himself back in the rotation.

We can't forget these kids are 20-21 yr's old. A guy like X thinks it's "his time" as a junior. He gets hurt and AG goes with other options (see Trey Landers). I can understand X being in a funk for awhile. Time to snap out of it and buy into what the coaches ask of you for the teams success. I think he will and will be a key contributor as the season progresses.

The easy out is to sulk and get PO'd about the perceived slight. DD didn't do that last year and I don't think X will this year.
X is abgood kid and I think he will be just fine. He was one of the most vocal and active guys on the bench. His reactions to DD sinking free throws down the stretch tells you everything you need to know.
Mad Props to RamodWaleskowski For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (01-05-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 03:12 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,557 Times in 2,451 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
And he received very positive comments from Coach Grant about his play in the post-game.
Old 01-05-2018, 05:58 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
16 min. 0 for 3. Wonder what AG liked so much?
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDTradition (01-05-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 06:16 PM
Major

UDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant future
X is playing like a first semester freshman. AG (who I fully support as our new coach) has made some errors as a coach in this regard. Quite honestly, I can't recall a player that has taken such a performance back-step. I think many of us thought that X would really blossom this year. Sorry AG...you need to do something...and fast. He is a critical success factor in UD's future.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:21 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,152 Times in 2,713 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
The biggest problem with Xeryius is his shooting motion. Not very repeatable. I will give him credit for not bouncing shots off the side of the backboard.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:23 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,556 Times in 3,701 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDTradition View Post
X is playing like a first semester freshman. AG (who I fully support as our new coach) has made some errors as a coach in this regard. Quite honestly, I can't recall a player that has taken such a performance back-step. I think many of us thought that X would really blossom this year. Sorry AG...you need to do something...and fast. He is a critical success factor in UD's future.
We know X had back issues

In the St. Bonny game twice when X came out trainers were working on a lower body issue (could not see from my seat if knee, ankle, or what)

Hoping he is healthy and back to his old self soon
Old 01-05-2018, 06:51 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

keats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond repute
X was a good role player last year. Even grew confident. But he was never option 1 on the opponents scouting report. Or 2, or 3, ...maybe 5 or 6. And he is really struggling trying to be 'the man'.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-05-2018, 07:44 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

FlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
Coach is getting to know his players, who needs a kick in the arse, who needs the pat on the back to build confidence.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:02 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
Perhaps his defense and his “playing within himself”. He showed good restraint in his shot selection when compared to the first 4-5 games of the season. AG seems to be a coach who will praise guys in public and, if negative criticism is warranted, keep that away from prying eyes. I like that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-05-2018, 08:21 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,690 Times in 2,510 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDTradition View Post
So it’s the coach’s job to get him to shoot accurately? By this stage in a player’s basketball Life it is almost impossible to “change” a shooting motion. While X has what I would consider an unorthodox shot in that he doesn’t come straight up in front of his body, he was quite successful in the past. In fact, last year Bucky commented that in practice he was the most accurate long range shooter on the team. Probably 70% of shooting is between the ears. Right now he is probably hesitating a bit and over thinking. I think he will come out of it.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:06 AM

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
So it’s the coach’s job to get him to shoot accurately? By this stage in a player’s basketball Life it is almost impossible to “change” a shooting motion. While X has what I would consider an unorthodox shot in that he doesn’t come straight up in front of his body, he was quite successful in the past. In fact, last year Bucky commented that in practice he was the most accurate long range shooter on the team. Probably 70% of shooting is between the ears. Right now he is probably hesitating a bit and over thinking. I think he will come out of it.
After watching the three games at the Charleston Tourney, I commented that X was falling backwards and/or sideways on his threes (he was 5 for 29). He has always had an unorthodox shot, but if he does not move his body toward the basket when he shoots, he will get what he is getting, misses.

Now, of course as someone pointed out, it becomes a head game, so the brain takes over and the body tightens. It will be very hard for him to come out of it, unless he changes his game and attitude to defense, rebounding and layups, see DD.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:47 AM

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
It is never too late to have coaches review the techniques and see if you are developing bad habits,

Archie had a famous 365 day a year skill development system which required players to shoot daily and most importantly track their percentages of makes and misses.

It was a miracle that Kendall improved his FT percentages during his career.

You can’t change the stroke at this level, but you can refine it and improved
Old 01-06-2018, 02:44 PM
Colonel

Well that was short lived ! Absolute garbage!
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to udscott For This Totally Excellent Post:
Buster Goode (01-06-2018), Flyer 86 (01-06-2018)