UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Poll Results: Who is the Flyers Player of the Decade?
Keith Waleskowski 18 14.52%
Tony Stanley 5 4.03%
Brian Roberts 83 66.94%
Chris Wright 18 14.52%
Ramod Marshall 0 0%
Brooks Hall 0 0%
Sean Finn 0 0%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2009, 04:09 PM
1st Lieutenant

FLYER FANATIC 88 is infamous around these partsFLYER FANATIC 88 is infamous around these parts
Who is the Dayton Flyers Player of the Decade?

Who do you think the Dayton Flyers Player of the Decade is? Why did you choose this player?
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
Chris Wright

Chris Wright gets my vote for the following reasons. He was the most highly touted recruit
BG has brought to the program. His choice of UD has helped BG attract other fine players from the area. He has a terrific winning streak in the UD arena and the best is yet to come.
His play at both ends of the court at winning time (the final 3 minutes of each half) has resulted in many Flyer wins. His play in the NCAA game last year against West Virginia led to the Flyers being a pre-season top 25 team this year. I hope he continues to get better and wins the POY in the Atlantic 10 conference this year.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Alberto Strasse For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fudd (12-27-2009), MT1017 (12-27-2009)
Old 12-27-2009, 04:40 PM

ClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these partsClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these partsClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these parts
Chris Wright may have a great impact on a game, but he is not even close to the best player. He also has a supporting cast around him that many others did not get to have.

B-Rob is by far and away the best player of the past 10 years, it isn't even a discussion. My favorite player ever is Keith Waleskowski, but even I know the best skills on the court belonged to Roberts.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,029 Times in 766 Posts
jumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClearTheRunwayForWLJ View Post

B-Rob is by far and away the best player of the past 10 years
I agree. This should be a landslide. B-Rob should carry all 50 states.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:07 PM
Major

FlyerYouBetcha is just really niceFlyerYouBetcha is just really niceFlyerYouBetcha is just really niceFlyerYouBetcha is just really nice
No contest. Brian Roberts has to be the player of the decade. No one comes close. If 6'5", he would be starting for an NBA team right now. If having Chris Wright's body, BRob would be an NBA all-star.

BRob played on some not very good teams. He didn't have much of a cast around him, unlike Chris Wright or KW.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:18 PM

AdamtheFlyer can only hope to improve
Waleskowski.

Backbone of a team that won the A10 and another NCAA appearance. Great stats, great leader, great drinker.

I love me some B-Rob, his efforts against Louisville and Pitt were truly legendary, but due to circumstances out of his control (supporting cast was lacking, injury to Wright) he never won the A10 and sadly, never made the NCAA. It's very close IMO, almost a 1 and 1a type thing, but the extra accomplishments tip the scale in Wally's favor. Stats, schmats. Give me hardware and accomplishments.

Wright third, Stanley fourth.

Last edited by AdamtheFlyer; 12-27-2009 at 05:21 PM..
Old 12-27-2009, 05:34 PM

ClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these partsClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these partsClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these parts
I agree Wally got more accolades because of his supporting cast and that is mainly why he is my favorite player, better memories.

That wasn't the question though, B-Rob was by far the best player on the court. He was unstoppable, even when teams double and triple teamed him. Unstoppable. Keith was never, ever double teamed because of Finn and Ramod.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

jw4daytonflyers#1 is on a distinguished road
Brian Roberts, no contest.

My three other favorite players, RM, BH, and CW are also up there, but theres no way any one else comes close. BRob carried his team. He had a little help, but not much. He hit any shot he wanted. He was the definition of clutch. He was absolutely money. Without him, especially with the injury to CW, we aren't even in the NIT his senior year.