Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Colonel

Gilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud of
Sporting News preview

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/WHanlon/172711/

Check out the Charles Little quote at the end. That's exactly what it looked like too.
If Benson wasn't hurt Charles would have gotten < 20 minutes per game this year.
Expect another disappointing season from Sir Charles.

Last edited by Gilchrist's Autograph 2; 11-02-2008 at 03:29 PM..
Mad Props to Gilchrist's Autograph 2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Dirty Sanchez (11-02-2008)
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Dirty Sanchez can only hope to improve
way to be a leader Chuck.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Major

UDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these parts
I really think Little is going to STEP up HUGE this season. He has alot of talent in him, he's the type of player that can drop 20 points on any given night, along with 12-15 Rebounds.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Major

UDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gilchrist's Autograph 2 View Post
http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/WHanlon/172711/

Check out the Charles Little quote at the end. That's exactly what it looked like too.
If Benson wasn't hurt Charles would have gotten < 20 minutes per game this year.
Expect another disappointing season from Sir Charles.
And how could you say "Another Disappointing Season From Sir Charles"? He has stepped up HUGE since he came on campus. He had a rather decent Freshman Season. His Sophomore season he was the A-10 6th Man Of The Year, The first ever Dayton Flyer to recieve that award. And last season he was our 4th leading scorer AND he was coming off the bench AVG 8PPG. I think Little has had a vary good Dayton Flyer Career.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,706 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I expect a "Monty Scott" type of senior year for Charles. Something like 9 points 4 rebounds. But not the central figure that gets us to the NCAA's. Just a solid support year. He has never shown that he wants the reins.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (11-03-2008)
Old 11-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Colonel

Gilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by UDF4N4LIF3 View Post
And how could you say "Another Disappointing Season From Sir Charles"? He has stepped up HUGE since he came on campus. He had a rather decent Freshman Season. His Sophomore season he was the A-10 6th Man Of The Year, The first ever Dayton Flyer to recieve that award. And last season he was our 4th leading scorer AND he was coming off the bench AVG 8PPG. I think Little has had a vary good Dayton Flyer Career.

You know - good point. I'm not sure why my expectations are so high of him. Maybe because he DOES put together a 20 pt, 15 rebound game every once in awhile. But, for a recruit of his caliber, I guess he has been a pretty good role player and maybe we should not think of him as a quality starter who improves his game each year.

So, I guess a 9pt, 4 reb season is just fine with me. Let one of the new guys start.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:16 PM

Thanked 9,815 Times in 4,076 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
I expect a "Monty Scott" type of senior year for Charles. Something like 9 points 4 rebounds. But not the central figure that gets us to the NCAA's. Just a solid support year. He has never shown that he wants the reins.
You hit it here. You can have all the talent in the world, but without the drive to be a leader as a Senior, a player will be nothing more that someone that shows up whenever they want to.

Leaders are recognized by their peers. The guy that "appears" to be a leader on the court, isn't the guy that is the leader off the court. While he has all the talent to be a leader, he has yet to show me that he will be a successful leader this year based on the past. Half assed attitudes and efforts don't translate to a leader. CW and MJ type efforts translate into leaders. They bring the attitude and effort every **** game. Look for these two to step up.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,020 Times in 479 Posts
Flyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant future
I don't know about charles leadership. I'm not on the team and can't really tell how his peers view him. But I do think that we fans are often way too quick to say somebody's not putting forth the effort just because they're not getting a double double every night. The fact is, that it's not just up to charles to get his points. There are tons of factors to things like this. Does he have a good matchup? If so, is he getting the ball? Does someone on the team have a better matchup? Is the other team's lineup dictating a different approach for us on offense? Are we hitting our outside shots and therefore negating his rebounding and his drives to the hoop? Is the other team playing man to man or zone?

I think the only times i've seen charles not putting forth the effort is occasionally on defense. But i could say that about 80% of the guys on the team.

It's definitely not a good thing to hear him say that he's tired already, but i'm not going to dog his effort on here. I think he's been a great contributor to this program and has really provided a spark many, many times. He also gives this team some toughness and a bit of a swagger in big games and that's something that i like to see.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:07 PM

San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
We've all played with/against guys who just don't need the spotlight to impress on a regular basis, even in a YMCA pickup game. Just help your team win. Charles is fine. Nine and four doesn't necessarily mean he won't start. Actually I think he will but his defense will decide if it lasts ( we all know BG). I do think his intensity goes up with the clock winding down and the score close. If he picks his spots he can be demoralizing to an opponent late in the game.

Candidly, BG has stated he has high expectations for LW, KH, and CL, but none of them may score in double digits but still fill his desired role.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:46 PM

Thanked 9,815 Times in 4,076 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer'95 View Post
I don't know about charles leadership. I'm not on the team and can't really tell how his peers view him.
And neither am I.....But as an outsider looking in....He has the ability to do very special things on the court. Consistent numbers don't amount to leadership....But characteristics that explain many things are body language and non-verbal actions....that makes assessments a little easier. Let's hope he steps up as a leader due to him being a senior.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Colonel

daytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant futuredaytonflyers has a brilliant future
someone hit on this already, but charles rises to the occassion when the game is on the line. that is something he doesnt get enough credit for. guys like binnie shoot airballs when they have wide open threes when the game is on the line, but charles doesnt cower. his intensity is ratcheted up and he produces.

people will say "if he can do it then, why not keep that intensity the whole game"--but its not that simple. and many, many players freeze up during crunch time--it is a true asset to have a few guys that can rise to the occassion.
Mad Props to daytonflyers For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (11-03-2008)
Old 11-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Captain

The Price is Wright is infamous around these partsThe Price is Wright is infamous around these partsThe Price is Wright is infamous around these parts
Charles Little is a talented big body that rebounds and scores inside when he gets the opportunity. It's hard to take the reins and be a leader when you're only playing 18 or 20 minutes a game. We got a glimpse of what Charles can do when he started a few games at the end of his sophomore year. He DOMINATED.

If Little is given an opportunity to start and play significant minutes early in the season, his confidence will build as the season goes on, and he'll step up and lead this team to the big dance. His free throw percentage will improve if he's given an opportunity to get in the flow of a game. He'll dunk on two possessions in a row and then be pulled for some reason. If he plays 30 minutes plus per night, he'll be a special player this season. He's way too talented to be sitting on the bench. The guy is strong and wants to rock the rim every chance he gets. We need his power and jumping ability under the basket. It's high time to let this guy shine.
Mad Props to The Price is Wright For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-03-2008)
Old 11-03-2008, 06:33 AM
Brigadier General

The Chef will become famous soon enoughThe Chef will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
In fairness to Monty Scott, he struggled with injuries both his junior and senior seasons. I still contend to this day that had he not gotten injured in that junior season, just when his game was coming together, we would have had a much different and much better player in his senior year.

I would also add this caveat for everyone; leadership comes in different packages. None of us knows what's really going on in the locker room or on the practice court. As the sole senior on team, one could contend that the Little's leadership personality will not be most reflected in his own play, but more by the team's play.

Seriously, how many of us really think we need Little to score 15-20 a game for us to win? On the other hand, ask yourself whether we need his contributions and experience to be successful this season. I would answer no to the former and yes to the latter.

Conditioning will come. I'm not worried about it. It was only the first week of practice. Let's reserve judgement until we see some games in the season.

Last edited by The Chef; 11-03-2008 at 06:42 AM..
Old 11-03-2008, 07:17 AM
Colonel

swish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by daytonflyers View Post
someone hit on this already, but charles rises to the occassion when the game is on the line. that is something he doesnt get enough credit for. guys like binnie shoot airballs when they have wide open threes when the game is on the line, but charles doesnt cower. his intensity is ratcheted up and he produces.

people will say "if he can do it then, why not keep that intensity the whole game"--but its not that simple. and many, many players freeze up during crunch time--it is a true asset to have a few guys that can rise to the occassion.
I agree with this statement in part. Late in the games he does become a factor. He goes to the hoop, and draws fouls.....but, that's when the trouble starts, when he goes to the line.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:30 AM
Major

FlyerYouBetcha is just really niceFlyerYouBetcha is just really niceFlyerYouBetcha is just really niceFlyerYouBetcha is just really nice
CL as a leader

We really don't need another leader. MJ and CW are plenty.

It's not good for a team to have too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. If you have too many leaders, there can be conflict and power struggles among the leaders. It's all right for a senior to be a follower, especially when that person is following MJ and CW.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:34 AM
Captain

SCFlyer will become famous soon enoughSCFlyer will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by The Price is Wright View Post
Charles Little is a talented big body that rebounds and scores inside when he gets the opportunity. It's hard to take the reins and be a leader when you're only playing 18 or 20 minutes a game. We got a glimpse of what Charles can do when he started a few games at the end of his sophomore year. He DOMINATED.

If Little is given an opportunity to start and play significant minutes early in the season, his confidence will build as the season goes on, and he'll step up and lead this team to the big dance. His free throw percentage will improve if he's given an opportunity to get in the flow of a game. He'll dunk on two possessions in a row and then be pulled for some reason. If he plays 30 minutes plus per night, he'll be a special player this season. He's way too talented to be sitting on the bench. The guy is strong and wants to rock the rim every chance he gets. We need his power and jumping ability under the basket. It's high time to let this guy shine.
I agree with TPIW here. The way Little gets yanked around would have to shake his confidence. I know last year watching him, it seemed that sometimes he forced a couple of plays right when he got into the game, most likely because he was sure that he'd only have a few minutes before he had to sit down again. Almost anyone will tell you that they'd rather be starting than coming off the bench. I do not feel that this should just be given to someone though. They should have to earn it. However, I also feel that this guy needs to be on the floor more if we want to have a successful campaign. I think with the way he, Chris Wright, and Marcus Johnson can fly to the hoop for defensive rebounds, we can really own the boards with the three of them playing together.

I just hope they get that chance more often this season.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:52 AM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
Little is a very good offensive rebounder. Not so much on the defensive glass. How he does on the defensive boards (and defense in general) will go a long way to explaining the amount of time he is on the court. I don't expect him to be Ryan Perryman on the defensive boards, but a Nate Green type year would be good enough. Offensively, most of his points are going to be of the garbage variety.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:02 AM
General

Thanked 5,460 Times in 2,387 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyerYouBetcha View Post
We really don't need another leader. MJ and CW are plenty.

It's not good for a team to have too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. If you have too many leaders, there can be conflict and power struggles among the leaders. It's all right for a senior to be a follower, especially when that person is following MJ and CW.
I'm less concerned with CL being a chief or indian, I'm most concerned with him being a counter-productive force. As long as he's not, he'll finish with a fine UD career.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by The Chef View Post

I would also add this caveat for everyone; leadership comes in different packages. None of us knows what's really going on in the locker room or on the practice court. As the sole senior on team, one could contend that the Little's leadership personality will not be most reflected in his own play, but more by the team's play.

I really agree with this thought. In fact it's a bit funny to think of your only senior, and possessing his imposing size and athletic ability, not having the attention of ALL the underclassmen in the locker room.
I know he sure would have my attention, even if he whispered.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

The Fat Tuna has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fat Tuna has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fat Tuna has a spectacular aura about
Make no doubt about it....I think the leaders on this team are Wright, Lowery, and Johnson...I saw absolutely no leadership, in any form from Little. That is fine, as long as he does his job, not everyone is a leader...even if they are a senior.

I do not see him being the silent leader type either....that is KH in some ways, but Little no. I hate to seem like I am bashing the guy, but I would not be surprised if his minutes go down as the year goes on....I hope I am wrong.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:52 AM

If that's not bashing CL I don't know what is, but you are entitled to your opinion.

As far as CW and MJ, we know they are our stars, and hopefully they will emerge as leaders.
But declaring "there is no doubt about..." Rob Lowery being one of our leaders this year? How about we wait and see if this first year talent starts a game? If we are going to go that far, why not Chris Johnson?

I agree from what HE has said Rob wants to be a leader, and he's got game. But that's like declaring the elected winner on the basis of today's early voters.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Captain

UDFLYERS2K is on a distinguished road
Little's production is going to be one of top factors for determining this team's success. CL has shown flashes of brilliance and he has the ability to be all-conference. However he has also gone through periods where he plays very passive. The key for Charles will be consistency. I think it is reasonable to expect 11 and 7 from CL on a nightly basis, especially if he stays aggressive and makes 65% of his FTs.

It is up to BG and the coaches to get Charles involved in the game early. Last season we would often run a play for Binnie on one of our first possessions. I think it would be a wise move to do the same thing with Little this season. An early dunk from CL will really set the tone for any game.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
If I remember correctly, Little was having a good year (not explosive) but a good year until he broke his foot and then never really got back into the grove. He played some good games toward the end of the year presumably when he started feeling better. He is not dominant at the 4 but does play well.

I am wondering if that comment he made was more of a complement to the different style of up tempo ball they were playing. So the comment should have been heard like, "wow, what a difference this year, we are really up and down the court and I feel it - I can't wait to dunk all over the fodder we have coming to the Arena this year."
Old 11-03-2008, 01:44 PM
General

Thanked 1,269 Times in 787 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Price is Wright View Post

i agree with the main point. his body and will can dominate.

let's see where his head is at this year! i hope in a very good place
Old 11-03-2008, 03:10 PM

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDFLYERS2K View Post
It is up to BG and the coaches to get Charles involved in the game early. Last season we would often run a play for Binnie on one of our first possessions. I think it would be a wise move to do the same thing with Little this season. An early dunk from CL will really set the tone for any game.
I believe it was in the Louisville game in Cincy two years ago that Little had a monster dunk on the first play of the game. It's hard to say that play set the tone for the whole game, but it sure got everyone pumped up! It's difficult to do that if you don't start. I hope he starts and hits the offensive boards early and often. He can be a monster!
Old 11-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,569 Times in 939 Posts
IAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Some good comments on this thread.

Even if Charles starts this year -- he will not log 30+ minutes per game. Especially if we play a running style this year.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Academy Doolie

Dark Flyer
Charles Little, while he does drive to the hoop some, will be a great garbage man for Chris Wright. While not similar players athletically, I liken Charles Little to Nate Green; a guy off the bench who will give you 8 points and 4 rebounds and will happily fill the enforcer role.
Mad Props to Dark Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (11-03-2008)
Old 11-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

oldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond repute
I do not see many games in person and can not say if Little goes passive too often but this year there might be a force which gets CL playing up to his potential. With CW at the other forward spot, We might see CL pushing his game to reach something of CW's game. The example of CW would motivate Charles to play stronger and push harder. CW appears to be a self motivator but Charles may need external motivation (reason why he gets better as the game comes down to the wire).
Old 11-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,618 Times in 5,097 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
When Charles was a sophomore, he was very aggressive and got into foul trouble a lot. I like when he plays with some attitude, but have not seen it recently. I wish Benson were not hurt so we wouldn't have to be careful with fouls at his position.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
I think Fudd brings up a very valid point about foul trouble. Fouls are what has brought Charles numbers down. He seems to get into foul trouble when he is aggressive and then has to back off. He also had higher production when CW was healthy which may not be a factor of CW game, but the other team not being able to focus on Little. I am not prepared to judge Little because of his performance in the Red and Blue game and what some sports writer claims he heard him say in a scrimmage. Little gave us a great season last year and was still able to put up some ok numbers while playing with a broken foot.

According to DaytonFlyers.com Little "started out A-10 action by averaging 12.7 points and 5.0 rebounds against Rhode Island, Saint Louis and UMass, and was able to come back after missing just three games. But after the injury, his numbers fell to 7.7 and 4.3."
Little was playing very well before his injury. It is no surprise that he did not fully recover. I think we will be seeing the 12 points and 5 boards from Charles this year.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Major

I think that we can all just agree that Little is going to be a BEAST this season.

If he plays his best, I honestly think he can AVG the most PPG on this team. Including Rebounds as well.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:30 PM
2nd Lieutenant

TC88 is infamous around these partsTC88 is infamous around these partsTC88 is infamous around these partsTC88 is infamous around these partsTC88 is infamous around these parts
Little is what he is. A great athlete and good finisher, but he is a poor ft shooter and never developed that mid range jumper everyone said he needed to develop after his first season. Against certains teams with certain styles he will play great, against other teams who will be just another player. I don't see him averaging the most ppg, Wright's freak jumping ability will take away plenty of Little's putback attempts that he thrives on, since he isn't really a guy you draw plays up for. And a sub .500 ft shooter is not the type of guy who ever leads his team in points.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:20 PM
1st Lieutenant

flyguy is infamous around these parts
I've never thought Little would be the leader of this team. Little's strengths are the many little things he brings to the game. It's always great to know that if he is in the game and a shot rolls off the rim he will be there to grab it and slam it home. It's also great to know that he must be boxed out or he will grab the rebound on defense.

Little is also very smooth. He's not a player that always looks like he's going 100%, but he gets up and down the court fast. He can't really help that, he's just a smooth player - don't know how to explain it but I think most people who have been around the game understand it.

Little plays hard and I've never heard anything about him complaining about time, or his role. That is very important.

A healthy Chris Wright will help Charles, as teams are going to be collapsing on CW when he gets the ball, leaving rebounds, put backs and passes to Little a possibility.

He should be an important part of the team this year - and I really hope he's been practicing those free throws. Oh please please please.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:19 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Flyguy, charles says he spent a lot of time on free throws. His motion isn't perfect but looks better than last year. Kurt though missed foul shots hitting the side of the rim, not a good sign.