UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball > Archived Seasonal Game Threads > 2008-2009 Game Threads

2008-2009 Game Threads Specific threads dedicated to each home and away game for UD Men's Basketball.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-06-2008, 09:35 PM
2nd Lieutenant

JK3FlyerFan is on a distinguished road
i think akron will be a quality win for us down the road which is good, however that entire game was frustrating and ugly. all of the offensive rebounds were enough to drive me insane. i think this was the first game where i was definitely more comfortable when ST was in at PG

Oh yea, and derrick dukes hatin on CW saying he only has a 39 in vert multiple times didnt help my overall feeling of this game either. CW was flying high tonight, though!!
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Brigadier General

Jack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to all
This goes without saying, but Chris Wright is something really special.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,650 Times in 838 Posts
Canonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a little concerned that we couldn't find a way to get a good shot off coming out of a time out on that last play. At least a shot. Sometimes you miss sometimes you make ... but at least get the shot you want off. I don't believe for a second that was what we wanted.

Good win, this game was a scary one going in, and scary throughout.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Colonel

swish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant future
What was it with Dukes saying CW had a 39" vertical??
Old 12-06-2008, 09:42 PM

Canonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by swish61 View Post
What was it with Dukes saying CW had a 39" vertical??
Jealousy. haha.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Brigadier General

Jack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to all
I miss Margaret Brosko....
Old 12-06-2008, 09:50 PM

AdamtheFlyer can only hope to improve
The referees would like to thank everyone for tuning in to their show. How gracious of them to allow a basketball game to break out.

By far, the worst refereed game I recall ever seeing. Akron guys falls down, foul on Dayton. Lowery gets hammered with no call, falls out of bounds and the ball hits him...and somehow it's Dayton ball. Double whammy. They lost track of the TV timeouts, for goodness sake.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Brigadier General

I liked the call where the Akron guard steps on Marcus' foot and Marcus is called for a foul.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:53 PM

Could explain only having lost 5 times in the building.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:55 PM

Thanked 1,645 Times in 683 Posts
Tony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AdamtheFlyer View Post
The referees would like to thank everyone for tuning in to their show. How gracious of them to allow a basketball game to break out.

By far, the worst refereed game I recall ever seeing. Akron guys falls down, foul on Dayton. Lowery gets hammered with no call, falls out of bounds and the ball hits him...and somehow it's Dayton ball. Double whammy. They lost track of the TV timeouts, for goodness sake.
I agree that is was pretty bad tonight but:
Remember the Auburn game!!! It will be much worse on Wed at Creighton where they specialize in "stealing" wins
Old 12-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Brigadier General

Let's hope our guys hit some three's and out rebound the blue jays.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:02 PM
1st Lieutenant

FlyerGeorge will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by AdamtheFlyer View Post
They lost track of the TV timeouts, for goodness sake.
OK. I thought I was the only one who thought they missed the under-8 timeout. The Zips called the first 30-second timeout of the 2nd half at around 10:30 (and it, by rule, became a full timeout), the under-12 happened around 9:00 and then there was a dead-ball at 7:56. I was expecting the under-8 and it never came.

I was shouting at the TV... TIMEOUT! But it never came. Awful officiating, agreed. Never seen a media TO missed before.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Major

Go-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to behold
I think that media time outs are kept by the scorers table. They are to signal the refs when there is a dead ball after the necessary time is over.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:16 PM

How about 19-23 from the stripe. 82% Won the game for us.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Captain

Flyer4ever24 is an unknown quantity at this point
If I remember correctly last years refs during the Akron game were equally as bad. I think there were MAC refs 2 even at home. Sloppy game but a win is a win and I expect us to come out with some intensity on Wed.

Go Flyers!
Old 12-06-2008, 11:53 PM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Canonball View Post
How about 19-23 from the stripe. 82% Won the game for us.
That's the key.

If we rebound that poorly on the defensive boards, something else has to balance us out.