UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball > Archived Seasonal Game Threads > 2010-2011 Game Threads

2010-2011 Game Threads Specific threads dedicated to each home and away game for UD Men's Basketball.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Major

SHQCKEY is a splendid one to beholdSHQCKEY is a splendid one to beholdSHQCKEY is a splendid one to beholdSHQCKEY is a splendid one to beholdSHQCKEY is a splendid one to beholdSHQCKEY is a splendid one to behold
I will always root for the Flyers, but my god, that was one of the worst basketball games I've seen in a very long time, all levels of play included. I'm not just talking about UD either. UMass is terrible any way you want to spin it, and we still couldn't manage a win. It took them like 10 minutes or whatever to make their FIRST field goal of the 2nd half, and they EXTENDED the lead over that time period. Unreal.
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
Kavs, Searcy, Benson = 0 rebounds.

I gotta put a lot of this on CW though. He has to know when he has one foul and to keep himself on the court. Those offensive charges from the top of the key should be few and far between by now. Without him on the court it changes everything we are.
I was going to comment on this same thing. Why can't CW ever learn a lesson and be careful when he picks up his first foul? He is so valuable to the team that it is literally the difference between a win and a loss when he picks up 2 early fouls and sits practically a whole half.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SHQCKEY View Post
I will always root for the Flyers, but my god, that was one of the worst basketball games I've seen in a very long time, all levels of play included. I'm not just talking about UD either. UMass is terrible any way you want to spin it, and we still couldn't manage a win. It took them like 10 minutes or whatever to make their FIRST field goal of the 2nd half, and they EXTENDED the lead over that time period. Unreal.
I agree! It was one of the poorest shooting games by both teams I have ever seen. The Flyers settled for outside shots (3 pointers) early even though they were ice cold! I can't believe how the Flyers played right into UMass's hands. This was their game plan and they won despite only making 12 field goals for the game!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,053 Times in 471 Posts
UD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SHQCKEY View Post
Umass didn't have many opportunities to make a field goal due to being fouled on almost every offensive possession!
Old 01-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,570 Times in 5,078 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
I feel like the complete lack of a post game or presence against a team like that who has guys who are much bigger and stronger than our post guys (see UC also) starts the chain reaction that leads to poor shots being taken. We almost never are able to go inside out effectively because we can't get the ball within 10 feet of the hoop. I'm at the point where I just want to see us force the ball down there and get blocked a bunch of times rather than shuffling the ball on the perimeter all possession long.

Not enough a$$ in the post! It shows up against teams with bruisers in the paint.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Major

SHQCKEY is a splendid one to beholdSHQCKEY is a splendid one to beholdSHQCKEY is a splendid one to beholdSHQCKEY is a splendid one to beholdSHQCKEY is a splendid one to beholdSHQCKEY is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by UD Sam View Post
Umass didn't have many opportunities to make a field goal due to being fouled on almost every offensive possession!
Ha yeah you're right I guess. It's still mind blowing how it's even possible.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:42 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,693 Times in 2,511 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fudd View Post
I feel like the complete lack of a post game or presence against a team like that who has guys who are much bigger and stronger than our post guys (see UC also) starts the chain reaction that leads to poor shots being taken. We almost never are able to go inside out effectively because we can't get the ball within 10 feet of the hoop. I'm at the point where I just want to see us force the ball down there and get blocked a bunch of times rather than shuffling the ball on the perimeter all possession long.

Not enough a$$ in the post! It shows up against teams with bruisers in the paint.
Someone needs to explain to me why our toughest inside player-MK-sat after making a nice move in the post for a basket and he kept LF in who was pitiful.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:16 AM

jcubspoe will become famous soon enoughjcubspoe will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
Someone needs to explain to me why our toughest inside player-MK-sat after making a nice move in the post for a basket and he kept LF in who was pitiful.
There is no explanation TA111. None.