UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball > Archived Seasonal Game Threads > 2008-2009 Game Threads

2008-2009 Game Threads Specific threads dedicated to each home and away game for UD Men's Basketball.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
I, too, get a much sharper picture on channelsurfing. I can actually read the uni numbers when I am on full screen. That is seldom the case on the UD feed.
Advertisement
Old 11-25-2008, 08:29 PM
Captain

SCFlyer will become famous soon enoughSCFlyer will become famous soon enough
GREAT first half. (Though, of course they hit a runner at the buzzer.) Tenacious on the defensive end, and good 3 point shooting, obviously, are the two things making the big difference.

48-26

Some lines (all from gametracker, which is usually pretty accurate during the game):

London - 6 assists, 0 turnovers, 2 steals
Wright - 11 points, 4 offensive boards, 3 blocks
Marcus - 10 points
C Johnson - 9 points
Luke - 9 points

As a team, we're 8-16 from 3 (fabrizius 3-7, C Johnson 2-2, Lowery 1-2, M Johnson 1-2, Wright 1-2)

6-8 from the line as a team.

Forced 9 turnovers, committed 5.

I'll put a few more out there in a minute, I have to call my dad before he gets worried that I haven't called at halftime of a UD game yet.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:30 PM
Colonel

swish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Viperstick View Post
Wow. Didn't expect this. Very impressive so far, just hope we can bring this energy and aggressiveness vs. Auburn (hate the SEC) and Marquette (hate the Big East even more).
I agree. I thought it would be a tight game.
Bit now, I really only look for the spread to get wider.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,413 Times in 670 Posts
flyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond repute
Last season, if we had B-Rob catching fire and some support, we had a very good looking team. Tonight, it seems like we have several players capable of catching a fever and really making Mercer pay if they don't play tight D. And let's not even begin to talk about our D - It's the real deal.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,181 Times in 578 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
Up 22 at the half. Who would have thunk it?
Old 11-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,887 Times in 644 Posts
dnutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond repute
Shaquille O'Seal

The halftime show was hilarious!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Captain

A few times we've played an extended 1-2-2 zone. We start out in the backcourt, and it's almost a diamond press, before falling back into a more compact zone. Chris Johnson was out front for the most part, but Wright was in front for a few possessions as well.

I like it. Definitely disrupts our opponents offense.

Wright doesn't ever seem to just have a regular block. He crushes spirit with his blocks. My dad always talked about how Patrick Ewing goal-tended us in the 1984 Elite 8 3 times in the first few minutes, and it was so intimidating because he thought, "Wow. He could prevent us from putting the ball in the hoop WHENEVER he wants." I like that Wright can make such incredible blocks. It would definitely stick in your head as you drove the lane, or if you were going in, you know you'd be thinking about him behind you.

You've got to like that Luke is putting it up. If that's his role - to shoot when he is in - then he has to do it. If he's hitting, great, if not, he should shoot until he's pulled, right?

Chris Johnson is so athletic. What an asset. His length and quick leaping get us extra boards and deflections we wouldn't otherwise get.

A lot of deflections as a team. Even when we don't steal the ball or block it, we disrupt the flow of their offense.

I actually think Little is looking good, but the stats don't support it. His drive and dunk in a half court set was GREAT to see. Would love for him to attempt that every game.

As a team, 10 to 5 a/to.

That's all I got for now Chicago, and whoever else can't see the game.

Great job with this thread guys - you can tell everyone is pumped!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:37 PM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a little concerned about the fouls. No one in serious trouble but we racked up a lot of fouls. Do we come out running again and risk getting some players in foul trouble?
Old 11-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Captain

Originally Posted by NorthwestFlyer View Post
I'm a little concerned about the fouls. No one in serious trouble but we racked up a lot of fouls. Do we come out running again and risk getting some players in foul trouble?

I would say that we absolutely should do that. I'm not as concerned with them. I mean, I know it seems strange to have 5 guys with 2 fouls each, but that means 3 more for each of them in the second. I think it is unlikely that that would burn us.

Now, I think we need to do a better job of not committing silly fouls away from the hoop, but I think we have to continue to play the aggressive style of defense that we are.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Colonel

swish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by NorthwestFlyer View Post
Yes. We have alot of PLAYERS.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:40 PM

Thanked 2,377 Times in 809 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Three words: I ... am ... impressed.

I haven't seen a Dayton team play defense like this -- ever. In fact, we've never had the athletes to even attempt to play defense like this.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Major General

kiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these parts
Need to start pounding it inside, cannot rely on the outside shooting to be 50%
Old 11-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Lieutenant General

Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
Winning the battle of the boards!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Major General

kiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these parts
LW with his 3rd foul--not good
Old 11-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

ChicagoFlyer is a jewel in the roughChicagoFlyer is a jewel in the roughChicagoFlyer is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SCFlyer View Post
A few times we've played an extended 1-2-2 zone. We start out in the backcourt, and it's almost a diamond press, before falling back into a more compact zone. Chris Johnson was out front for the most part, but Wright was in front for a few possessions as well.

I like it. Definitely disrupts our opponents offense.

Wright doesn't ever seem to just have a regular block. He crushes spirit with his blocks. My dad always talked about how Patrick Ewing goal-tended us in the 1984 Elite 8 3 times in the first few minutes, and it was so intimidating because he thought, "Wow. He could prevent us from putting the ball in the hoop WHENEVER he wants." I like that Wright can make such incredible blocks. It would definitely stick in your head as you drove the lane, or if you were going in, you know you'd be thinking about him behind you.

You've got to like that Luke is putting it up. If that's his role - to shoot when he is in - then he has to do it. If he's hitting, great, if not, he should shoot until he's pulled, right?

Chris Johnson is so athletic. What an asset. His length and quick leaping get us extra boards and deflections we wouldn't otherwise get.

A lot of deflections as a team. Even when we don't steal the ball or block it, we disrupt the flow of their offense.

I actually think Little is looking good, but the stats don't support it. His drive and dunk in a half court set was GREAT to see. Would love for him to attempt that every game.

As a team, 10 to 5 a/to.

That's all I got for now Chicago, and whoever else can't see the game.

Great job with this thread guys - you can tell everyone is pumped!

Thank you very much sc. Sounds like Dayton is playing very determined tonight. I remember reading articles this past summer about the chemistry of the team and how the freshman were playing like they had been there for years. NOW i know what they are talking about!!! Lets keep it up flyers! Dont let it up!!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Major General

We can stop having the Lowery instead of Warren debate
Old 11-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,409 Times in 577 Posts
anthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond repute
With the game Lowery is having...we may be better off with Thomas at point.

Again...Wright's a stud!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Captain

Originally Posted by kiefaber455 View Post
You're always right on point. I mean that for real.

Chris Wright with ANOTHER follow up dunk. That's three.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Major General

Not playing very smart basketball--started this half like they used to do many times last year
Old 11-25-2008, 08:49 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

ChicagoFlyer is a jewel in the roughChicagoFlyer is a jewel in the roughChicagoFlyer is a jewel in the rough
seems like lowery is having a tough night. Dont be jekyl and hyde on him though. hes the best, he stinks, etc. I have faith that BG will mold him into the player he wants him to be.

No worries.
Colonel

ST is a valuable asset to this squad.
General

Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,232 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sid Louick View Post
I, too, get a much sharper picture on channelsurfing. I can actually read the uni numbers when I am on full screen. That is seldom the case on the UD feed.
Sid, how do you get full screen on channelsurfing.net? Tried to expand to 150% and the whole screen expanded, but the video feed stayed the same size.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Colonel

54-37 ud
Captain

hicag has a little shameless behaviour in the past
It is a great problem, but I am actually getting nevous with the bodies flying all over. It is a matter of time before somebody dives and rolls their wrist under their body. I have neverhad this thought going through my head. It is a good nervousess.

How about in the first half when Bucky called the Wright block on the fast break. He called it when the ball was at the half court line.

Wright with a double double already.
Colonel

anthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond repute
Mercer is just not having any luck with the fastbreak tonight. Our athletes are stopping any fastbreak they have.
Colonel

Thanked 1,956 Times in 534 Posts
shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Viperstick View Post
Sid, how do you get full screen on channelsurfing.net? Tried to expand to 150% and the whole screen expanded, but the video feed stayed the same size.
double click on the picture

Last edited by shapanud; 11-25-2008 at 08:55 PM..
Old 11-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Major General

LW bonehead play offensively after so many great defensive plays
Colonel

London....slow down!! Jeesh!
Captain

The three is working. I would love to see some low post moves.

Another turnover. That has to end. UD up by 20.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:56 PM
Captain

Originally Posted by hicag View Post
It is a great problem, but I am actually getting nevous with the bodies flying all over. It is a matter of time before somebody dives and rolls their wrist under their body. I have neverhad this thought going through my head. It is a good nervousess.

How about in the first half when Bucky called the Wright block on the fast break. He called it when the ball was at the half court line.

Wright with a double double already.
Good catch - I was cracking up at that. Wright was at mid-court, about 8 feet behind the play, and Bucky goes, "Watch this block." Sure enough, he beats it off the backboard.

Classic.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:56 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,914 Times in 2,926 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Well I guess we all knew they couldn't keep up that level of intensity for 40 minutes.

I'm with Bucky--put in Luke.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Major General

I wonder if Luke Fabrizius hurt--fell on his wrist in that first half
Old 11-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Colonel

Big shot from the Sr. Charles Little
Old 11-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Captain

BIG hoop by Charles to end that mini-run.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Colonel

I wonder if Luke Fabrizius hurt--fell on his wrist in that first half
I think he hurt his left wrist.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Major General

Well so much for Luke being hurt
Old 11-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by anthonycharles View Post
I think he hurt his left wrist.
Guess not...glad to see Luke out there.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Lieutenant General

How come the clock never runs fast enough when you are ahead?
Old 11-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Major General

As talented as Chris Wright is, he sometimes plays way out of control. People get all over the PG's for play like that
Old 11-25-2008, 09:03 PM
Captain

We need to get to the line more. For the slashers we have, we should be able to get to the dang line.

61-45 - 8:51 remaining.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Major General

Jesus Keerist Huelsman has no offensive moves
Old 11-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

as talented as chris wright is, he sometimes plays way out of control. People get all over the pg's for play like that
blasphemy!!!!!

Jk
Old 11-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Major General

have to attack their zone differently
Old 11-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Lieutenant General

Down to twelve. 4 possession game. Kardiac Kids!
Colonel

Why is nobody penetrating the zone?
Captain

Dayton 61-49 with 6 left. What a differant half.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:09 PM

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
Viperstick -- Double click on the small screen. To get back to small screen. hit Escape button.
Major General

Never thought this half would be this poor
Colonel

61-49 UD. We better get right.
Academy Doolie

ChicagoFlyer05 is on a distinguished road
We need to stop worrying about getting a foul and pick the intensity back up. When we were pushing the pace in the first half, we looked great. Second half, we have been slowing it down and our offense has been stagnant.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Colonel

When the going gets tough...give it to the Sr.
Captain

Another BIG hoop by Little.
Lieutenant General

Boy, did we need that hoop by Charles!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:11 PM
2nd Lieutenant

XTOWNFLYER will become famous soon enough
Rut oh George Lead evaporating man we needed that score.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:11 PM
Captain

Originally Posted by Bill McPeek View Post
Boy, did we need that hoop by Charles!
And 1!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Lieutenant General

Down to free throw shooting.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Colonel

Anyone know what conference Mercer is in? I'm too lazy to check.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Captain

WHAT A BLOCK BY LONDON! That's 3 times he has hustled back to get a block or steal.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Colonel

shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
Atlantic Sun
Major General

Gotta think that Mickey Perry is a better 2G option than Lowery.
Colonel

I don't know if I like London and Lowery in the game at the same time when we're trying to keep a lead.
Colonel

Thanked 1,043 Times in 451 Posts
Whacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond repute
A-Sun
Lieutenant General

Atlantic Sun, I believe. LW sure came to play. 5 possession game. Just under four to play. Too much time!
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,569 Times in 939 Posts
IAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Warren's block was awsome! He can play some D -- we could have done w/o RL's turnover.
Captain

Best block I have scene in a long time.

As for the conference, I want to say it is the Sun.
1st Lieutenant

cintibUD is a jewel in the roughcintibUD is a jewel in the roughcintibUD is a jewel in the roughcintibUD is a jewel in the rough
Atlantic Sun I believe - same as Davidson?
Old 11-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,043 Times in 451 Posts
Whacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond repute
BG wanted 2 PG on the floor to break the press.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:19 PM
Major General

Phinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to behold
I think it's safe to say London Warren is the best shot blocking point guard in college basketball.
Captain

It's Atlantic Sun.

Not the same as Davidson, who is in the Southern Conference - SoCon.
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I hope they don't do to us what Tech did to them
Major General

Phinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to behold
We are getting no calls at all.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Major General

With a double digit lead you shouldn't feel nervous
Colonel

That was one ugly foul shot by Mercer.
Colonel

Originally Posted by cintibUD View Post
Atlantic Sun I believe - same as Davidson?
Davidson is Southern Confernce, not Atlantic Sun. Belmont is the team that has come out of the A-Sun to the NCAA the last few years.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Lieutenant General

Here's where LW has to be able to hit the free throws.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:24 PM
Major General

Bucky's a trip feels good about LW being on the line even though he was 1-4 for the year

you go LW 2-2
Old 11-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

score update? i feel nervous for some reason.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Major General

Think it's safe now
Old 11-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Lieutenant General

LW=player of the game!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:27 PM
Colonel

Game over
Old 11-25-2008, 09:27 PM
Lieutenant General

Big win for the Flyers!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:29 PM
Colonel

Chris Wright player of the game.

16 pts 11 reb 5 blocks!!

I thought Little stepped up huge in the 2nd half...besides the 5 second call where he should've called timeout. Good leadership from the Sr.

Good game Flyers...let's take care of bizness in Chitown.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Colonel

LW=player of the game!
Not just player of the game.........he is a LEADER.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

good win flyers!

Thank you everyone for the updates. I couldnt stand watching espn brag about the big east anymore.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Colonel

LW=player of the game!
How about 11 assists & only 2 TO last two games for LW!!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by swish61 View Post
Not just player of the game.........he is a LEADER.
You are right.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by shapanud View Post
How about 11 assists & only 2 TO last two games for LW!!
Add to that hitting the floater in the lane and sinking two free throws at the end! He's getting better with each game.
Captain

I know this is dumb, but how do i get a post game? Do i go WHIO or the Chris thing I always see.
Major General

See some of you in Chicago on Friday?

hicag--go to WHIO they have the Flyer Feedback show on
Old 11-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by hicag View Post
I know this is dumb, but how do i get a post game? Do i go WHIO or the Chris thing I always see.
1290whio.com
Old 11-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Colonel

Man oh Man........this may be better than last year. Buckle up.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:40 PM
Lieutenant General

I really liked BG going to a zone for a few minutes at the end of the first half. Change of pace and we had foul trouble. Mercer was not The Little Sisters of the Poor.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Captain

Thanks. I got it going now. I had Channelsurfing going and got a little ancy when it went silent.

I have never scene so many fans so quick to help out everyone on every request. Thanks!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

See some of you in Chicago on Friday?

hicag--go to WHIO they have the Flyer Feedback show on

I and 8 of my buddies will be there. Called the ud ticket office today and asked the lady if we have sold a lot of tickets. Her resonse: "Oh my god! We have sold so many tickets!"

That is good to hear. And she didnt even include my 8 seats too, ha.

GO FLYERS. GOOD WIN TONIGHT. REST UP FOR AUBURN.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:43 PM
Colonel

We owned a good team tonight.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Lieutenant General

Rita would be proud tonight!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,687 Times in 927 Posts
bobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond repute
Hey, Chris Johnson tonight; 8 points and 8 rebounds. When I saw him at the Red & Blue game I went away grinning..
Old 11-25-2008, 09:59 PM
Brigadier General

The Chef will become famous soon enoughThe Chef will become famous soon enough
Only one question to ask postgame:

Dayton is always good at home. The question is: Can we take this show on the road? The Super-sticky defense, the running game, making clutch shots, etc.

The good news is, the CIT games won't be true road games. So, the crowd in these first games in Chicago will not be so hostile. But, it won't be UD Arena either. How do the young players react? Can Wright and MJ shoulder this team through the adversity they will most certainly see in these upcoming games?

How do we react if we get behind early? Dayton hasn't been behind in a game by more than 2 points since the 1st half of the first game against Wofford.

Last edited by The Chef; 11-25-2008 at 10:04 PM..
2nd Lieutenant

XTOWNFLYER will become famous soon enough
Bill, would be? IS I believe. Man she was cool. She loved the flyers as much as anyone on this board.
Colonel

tirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond repute
Just got home from work and thanks to everybody for all the in-game updates! I was able to replay the whole game via gametracker & you guys. Hope to replay the whole game when it gets archived so I can see the action.

This year looks like we have a team that can rise to the occasion - if they keep up this intensity and stay healthy I will be shocked to see them lose to anybody.

The only question I have now is what's with Paul Williams? I must assume he's still not at 100% physically. Just imagine what we will be like when he hits his stride. An ace in the hole - and we already have a winning hand!

Congratulations to the team and the fans - hang on for a great ride this year!