UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball > Archived Seasonal Game Threads > 2008-2009 Game Threads

2008-2009 Game Threads Specific threads dedicated to each home and away game for UD Men's Basketball.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Class of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to behold
My son is a freshman at UD. He had 46 3 ponters last year for his high school team and shot a little over 42% from 3 point range. Give him a freakin uniform and I guarantee you he'll make at least 2 or 3 out of 11 attempts. This teams shooting is ridiculous. I have no idea where we are going to get the 2 more road wins we will likely need... I can't believe how frustrated I am over a 19-2 team!!!!

Last edited by Class of 73 Alum; 01-29-2009 at 10:27 PM..
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,128 Times in 5,864 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tirebiter View Post
I didn't get to see the game but I see gametracker had Paul Williams at 16 minutes, 2-3 field goals no TO's and 6 rebounds (including a big big one at the end). Glad to see him hitting his stride.

Only question I have is why did Chris Johnson only get 17 minutes? I think he's one of the top 20 players in the league and he rides the bench more than he's on-court? Get him in there BG!

19-2! One game at a time - one one point win at a time!
Very strange Chris got little time and only got 2 shots on a night when we needed his offense, since MJ and RL were o for the moon from the outside.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerpassion (01-30-2009)
Old 01-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Major General

Phinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to beholdPhinhead54 is a splendid one to behold
How often do the words "If we play like this on <insert day of next game>, we're going to get <insert hyperbolic statement of our demise here>" get typed on this forum and we are still 19-2?
Old 01-29-2009, 10:27 PM
Colonel

Falcon7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Class of 73 Alum View Post
My son is a freshman at UD. He had 46 3 ponters last year for his high school team and shot a little over 42% from 3 point range. Give him a freakin uniform and I guarantee you he'll make at least 2 or 3 out of 11 attempts. This teams shooting is ridiculous. I have no idea where we are going to get the 2 more road wins we will likely need... I can't believe how frustrtaed I am over a 19-2 team!!!!
Heck, my son made 3 3's tonight, yea they lost 55 to 13 but he had 9 points!
Old 01-29-2009, 10:31 PM

Thanked 1,645 Times in 683 Posts
Tony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
And we already hold it at zero. In our own gym no less.

Still I find myself not that proud.
Find another team then. Im always proud of the DAYTON FLYERS, anyone else on the board not proud
Mad Props to Tony T 71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDBaby (01-29-2009)
Old 01-29-2009, 10:32 PM

Thanked 1,170 Times in 508 Posts
MD Flyer Pride has a reputation beyond reputeMD Flyer Pride has a reputation beyond reputeMD Flyer Pride has a reputation beyond reputeMD Flyer Pride has a reputation beyond reputeMD Flyer Pride has a reputation beyond reputeMD Flyer Pride has a reputation beyond reputeMD Flyer Pride has a reputation beyond reputeMD Flyer Pride has a reputation beyond reputeMD Flyer Pride has a reputation beyond reputeMD Flyer Pride has a reputation beyond reputeMD Flyer Pride has a reputation beyond repute
How appropriate... a defensive stop wins the game! Hey, we are 19-2! Way to pull it off, again, Flyers!
Old 01-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Captain

hessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nice
Sure, I wish we could blow teams out, but a win is a win. Go Flyers!!
Old 01-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Levelbest View Post
Sorry, I disagree - we know how to win. It's not pretty and sometimes I think we certainly play down to our competition - and we sure know how to look ugly at times.... But this is our house - and we're not goint to loose Sunday.

Blue Collar Basketball - our specialty. Go Flyers.

How many people thought we were dead when Chris Went out, and knew that when Charles put up the 5 footer, that had Chris been there, the tip or slam would have been in - but we won. We won. We won.

Keep saying it to yourself. We won. We've got stuff to work on - but we won... AGAIN.
I've got Direct TV so I was able to watch in HD; I didn't listen to 1290, so I cannot comment on what was said, but CW did NOT even foul to pick up his 5th; it was CJ who did the fouling on that play. Not sure how or why BG put up with that call, especially at a critical junction of the game. I've been critical of the play this year, but tonight UD played some unbelievable defense - and THAT is how this team wins. When the 3 drops it's a bonus, tonight it didn't but that just goes to show you what solid D can do for you. Good win.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:40 PM

Thanked 10,128 Times in 5,864 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post
I've got Direct TV so I was able to watch in HD; I didn't listen to 1290, so I cannot comment on what was said, but CW did NOT even foul to pick up his 5th; it was CJ who did the fouling on that play. Not sure how or why BG put up with that call, especially at a critical junction of the game. I've been critical of the play this year, but tonight UD played some unbelievable defense - and THAT is how this team wins. When the 3 drops it's a bonus, tonight it didn't but that just goes to show you what solid D can do for you. Good win.
Bucky thought it was CJ who fouled, but did not put up much argument.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:49 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
My son is a freshman at UD. He had 46 3 ponters last year for his high school team and shot a little over 42% from 3 point range. Give him a freakin uniform and I guarantee you he'll make at least 2 or 3 out of 11 attempts. This teams shooting is ridiculous. I have no idea where we are going to get the 2 more road wins we will likely need... I can't believe how frustrated I am over a 19-2 team!!!!
Maybe he should try to walk on; I'm sure a proven 3 point shooter would be welcome.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Captain

PerrymanFan is a jewel in the roughPerrymanFan is a jewel in the roughPerrymanFan is a jewel in the rough
New shirt for our Flyers:

A Win Is A Win
Dayton Flyers 2008 - 2009

I'd wear it with pride.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to PerrymanFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Chris R (01-30-2009), FlyerGuyer (01-29-2009), jw4daytonflyers#1 (01-29-2009), Tony T 71 (01-29-2009)
Old 01-29-2009, 11:08 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,413 Times in 670 Posts
flyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond repute
I guess it's true. Offense sells tickets (and gets gushing praise on internet message boards).
Defense wins championships (hopefully more than just one small one in Chicago).
Old 01-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,181 Times in 578 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
Look....we all said in the beginning of the season that defense will win games. Tonight was one of those games. We did not shoot the ball well at all tonight but we did play defense. As long as we do so we will be in games.Good teams will win close games. Are we ugly....you bet. The ugliest 19-2 team in the country. The kids believe and that is all that matters.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

moville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant future
Just got back from watching the game with a couple of friends. We were all standing, pulling our hair out by the end, or at least I was. We had plenty of good shot opportunities . . . if we make just one or two of the good shots, we don't have the panic-mode at the end. If we make just one three, same thing. Made a lot of bone-headed dumb mistakes, but one thing, you can't argue with our defense. Wicked tough on D. Love to know what happened to Chris Johnson and Stephen Thomas. Kurt's thinking too much. I was thinking before the game, we only lose Charles next year, and that wouldn't be so bad, but tonight, we don't win without him.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:14 AM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tirebiter View Post
Only question I have is why did Chris Johnson only get 17 minutes? I think he's one of the top 20 players in the league and he rides the bench more than he's on-court? Get him in there BG!
I generally agree that Chris Johnson should get more minutes than he does. But last night, not so sure. Little was having on of his better games, Wright was playing well, and Paul Williams was holding Tommie Liddell scoreless. If I were subbing, Chris Johnson wouldn't have gotten even the minutes he did get the way those 3 were playing.
Mad Props to UDDoug For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fairborn Fan (01-30-2009)
Old 01-30-2009, 09:29 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,229 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
My son is a freshman at UD. He had 46 3 ponters last year for his high school team and shot a little over 42% from 3 point range. Give him a freakin uniform and I guarantee you he'll make at least 2 or 3 out of 11 attempts.
MP averaged 20 pts, 7.1 assists and 5 boards a game in high school
It's a very different game when going against, and being defended by, a division 1 player
Old 01-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Class of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to behold
I never thought of that...thanks for pointing that out. Please, my comment was written at the height of frustration after watching another horrific shooting night.
I'm starting a BG for coach of the year movement - how they are winning all these close games has gone beyond luck.

Tags
game thread, saint louis