Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-05-2017, 11:11 AM
1st Lieutenant

Lunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Rows added to sections??

Can anybody tell me if they noticed that a row was added to the section in which they sit? My tickets have been in the last row of section 203 for years, but at last night's game I was surprised to learn that I (and all of the other season ticket holders around me) are effectively one row down from where we have been in the past. Not a big deal, but I did like being in the last row and being able to stand whenever I pleased without blocking anyone else's view.

Not sure if the leg room is diminished or not with the new seats, but I will say that I am not in love with the new cupholders at this point. They make it even more claustrophobic for me as I am taller and bigger than average. With the seatbacks being slightly higher now, it feels a bit more like coach airplane seating.

Just curious what everybody else thought of the new seats.

P.S. The new scoreboard and sound is great. Though, I think that the sound was turned up to 11 last night. They could probably afford to dial it down to 9 or so.
Mad Props to Lunk For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (11-05-2017)
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2017, 12:01 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
I am in 203 also. We haven't had a Row M since the handicap section was added. I used to be in Row M. It reappeared last night. I'm not sure how it was accomplished. It looked to me like they may have shrunk the depth of the handicap area and "chiseled" out the row to be where it once was.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:09 PM
1st Lieutenant

Shawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of light
They added a row in 210 also
Old 11-05-2017, 12:41 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,488 Times in 763 Posts
N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lunk View Post
Not sure if the leg room is diminished or not with the new seats, but I will say that I am not in love with the new cupholders at this point. They make it even more claustrophobic for me as I am taller and bigger than average. With the seatbacks being slightly higher now, it feels a bit more like coach airplane seating.

Just curious what everybody else thought of the new seats.

P.S. The new scoreboard and sound is great. Though, I think that the sound was turned up to 11 last night. They could probably afford to dial it down to 9 or so.
I'm in the section next to you and I would agree 100% with your assessment. I would only add the the volume seemed to be at 15. Everyone sitting around us was complaining all game long. Also, seemed very warm in the arena - not sure if this was related to the renovations. Overall though, great first impression.

Glad to see they went back to the old style of player introductions.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to N2663R For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (11-05-2017), wes (11-05-2017)
Old 11-05-2017, 12:45 PM
Captain

Kevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud of
Can someone tell me why they reserve all those seats in the 400s for the students? Yeah I get that they can call it a sell out with all those extra student tickets remaining but all they get is an empty section because the students don’t come. It ruins the atmosphere and prevents people who would actually like to go the games from going.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-05-2017, 01:41 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by N2663R View Post
I'm in the section next to you and I would agree 100% with your assessment. I would only add the the volume seemed to be at 15. Everyone sitting around us was complaining all game long. Also, seemed very warm in the arena - not sure if this was related to the renovations. Overall though, great first impression.

Glad to see they went back to the old style of player introductions.
I won't comment on the sound until I go to the game next week, but from my experience anytime it is over 55-60 degrees outside the arena becomes very warm and stuffy once 11k people show up. Air Conditioning is being added as part of the remodel so that should take care of the problem. I'm not sure if it's part of phase 2 or 3 though.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:10 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

runnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to all
I was also disappointed in my new seat. Seemed like less legroom and less tilt back. I'm bigger than I should be but the old seat was more roomy.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:16 PM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Seats were fine for me at 6'05 260...

Sound is being addressed and it will be kicked down a notch. Sound system and pregame video production was great. Good job UD on phase 1.

Rows were adjusted here and there for ADA. There are ADA seats in places that didn't have them last season. If I am not mistaken, the areas that seats are this year, may be in areas where "club" seating will be in future seasons. There is also more space on the floor as the front baseline rows are no longer. The band is essentially one row back.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (11-06-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-05-2017), ruechalgrin (11-05-2017)
Old 11-05-2017, 05:36 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

mikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud of
Wink

I loved the AC/DC song before the rumble entry, hope they keep it. if its too loud you're too old
Mad Props to mikeymo85 For This Totally Excellent Post:
DaytonInsider (11-11-2017)
Old 11-05-2017, 05:50 PM
Lieutenant General

C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
Sound is being addressed and it will be kicked down a notch. Sound system and pregame video production was great..
I wasn't there but please don't turn the sound down!!!! Just give out earplugs for anybody who thinks it's too loud!!!
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
DaytonInsider (11-11-2017)
Old 11-05-2017, 06:26 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
I won't comment on the sound until I go to the game next week, but from my experience anytime it is over 55-60 degrees outside the arena becomes very warm and stuffy once 11k people show up. Air Conditioning is being added as part of the remodel so that should take care of the problem. I'm not sure if it's part of phase 2 or 3 though.
It was very comfortable temperature-wise. The sound was quite disturbing, really. You could not carry on any kind of conversation. Part of the game is to be able to discuss the game with people around you. You simply could not do that. The music was unbearable.
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDGutter2 (11-06-2017)
Old 11-05-2017, 06:39 PM
Captain

marco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to behold
I didn't go to the game ... but 2 people that did ... were not loving the new seats ... both said it made it harder to jump / get out of their seat. Bummer
Old 11-05-2017, 06:59 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by runnerup View Post
I was also disappointed in my new seat. Seemed like less legroom and less tilt back. I'm bigger than I should be but the old seat was more roomy.
I agree with this. Less legroom and the back of the seat was more upright. Not quite as comfortable. Also agree that the sound was too loud. We couldn't carry on a conversation at all. C-time, you might want to experience a game before you say not to turn the sound down. I couldn't hear a thing. I thought I heard someone say OSU lost 55-24, but I knew that couldn't be right. I don't want to complain; the place looked great. Just had a couple minor issues.
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
runnerup (11-05-2017)
Old 11-05-2017, 07:02 PM

longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
I won't comment on the sound until I go to the game next week
I wasn't there but please don't turn the sound down!!!! Just give out earplugs for anybody who thinks it's too loud!!!
You commented on it.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (11-05-2017), Glen Clark (11-07-2017), UDGutter2 (11-06-2017)
Old 11-05-2017, 07:30 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
You commented on it.
Commenting on it would have been saying it was too lowd or not lowd enough. I just don't want UD to hear a few complaints from older fans and automatically lower the volume. I knew this would be a complaint as soon as I saw that the sound system was being upgraded.

The only legitimate reason in my eyes to turn it down would be if it impacted the coaches and players ability to communicate during timeouts.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (11-05-2017), shocka43 (11-05-2017)
Old 11-05-2017, 07:35 PM
Lieutenant General

Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
The new seat backs go all the way down to meet the seat. The space that used to be between the two allowed you to move your feet forward so you were a couple of inches into that space (of the chair in front of you). Now you can only move your feet forward until your toes touch the chairback in front of you.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:36 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,395 Times in 712 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
Cool I pass to....

Originally Posted by Kevinob15 View Post
Can someone tell me why they reserve all those seats in the 400s for the students? Yeah I get that they can call it a sell out with all those extra student tickets remaining but all they get is an empty section because the students don’t come. It ruins the atmosphere and prevents people who would actually like to go the games from going.
Posted via Mobile Device
C-time and Gazoo...can you fellas get this one??!!
Old 11-05-2017, 08:41 PM
Major

Flyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by runnerup View Post
Totally agree with your assessment and less knee room along with the knee knocker cup holder. Even my 10 granddaughter said she needed ear plugs. My wife's hearing aids blocked out the high volume.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:47 PM
Brigadier General

Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
I have to agree about the so so new seats. Definitely less roomy; and kind of stiff feeling. I was in A row, and due to no seats directly in front, the cup holders are attached to the arm rest, and they are annoyingly in the way of your arms, plus they only have one holder for every other seat in Row A.

Overall the upgrade is pretty cool, but disappointed all the seats are essentially the same color and a sterile grayish blue look. It has that NCAA netruality look. I hope the 300 and 400 levels are different color than the lower bowl following the completion of Transformation.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:58 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
On the cupholders, they are too shallow. A bottle of water will not stay in the holder. They are only about two inches, maybe three inches deep.
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (11-06-2017)
Old 11-05-2017, 09:56 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,858 Times in 719 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
The students showed up well for so early in the season for a meaningless game.

The sound level was fine. That is a big time audio and video system. Use it. About 5 seconds into Thunderstruck, I told my wife that complaints were pouring in over the volume, and I did not shout it to her. Get over it or bring earplugs that cost 50 cents. Attention Arena staff: remember that you only hear from the complainers. Most people around me thought it was fine.

They had a mic in front of the pep band that picked up too much of the percussion on the sound system, making the band's sound a little off. They don't need to be miced.

Craft beer selections are improving. But Goose Island isn't a craft beer (it used to be). Now it's mass produced and watered down by AB.
Mad Props to sheg For This Totally Excellent Post:
mikeymo85 (11-06-2017)
Old 11-05-2017, 10:32 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by sheg View Post
Craft beer selections are improving. But Goose Island isn't a craft beer (it used to be). Now it's mass produced and watered down by AB.
Did they have the new Flyer Red Lager from Warped Wing?
Old 11-05-2017, 10:34 PM
Brigadier General

It was too loud!
Old 11-06-2017, 12:20 AM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
My seats are in 217, row D. Love the cup holders and comfy seats. My relatives in the 300 & 400 sections complained that the sound was loud at first, but toned down later. I didn't know what they were talking about. It sounded fine to me the whole time. All in all, I love the improvements. The new boards are great!
The players looked good, even though it was an exhibition game. I know they will keep improving. Looking forward a good season, in spite of their youth.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:43 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mikeymo85 View Post
I loved the AC/DC song before the rumble entry, hope they keep it. if its too loud you're too old
I would only add a video, synced to show a dunk or other big Dayton basket on every "Thunder".
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
mikeymo85 (11-06-2017), Runnin' Rebel (11-06-2017)
Old 11-06-2017, 06:52 AM
Academy Doolie

UD Rugby will become famous soon enoughUD Rugby will become famous soon enough
Seats were nice, gives you nice back support. Cup holders were awesome for my beer, no more worrying if someone is gonna kick it over when getting to their seat.

Sound was really dialed up, felt like my head was pounding during the intro. I could tolerate it but I'd rather it be turned down a tad.

Screen looked great, I loved how they filled in the corners of the scoreboard with video capability instead of a gap of nothing. It was uncomfortably hot in there around halftime and after, maybe from the scoreboard beaming down on everybody.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:47 AM
Academy Doolie

fuz_forward is a jewel in the roughfuz_forward is a jewel in the roughfuz_forward is a jewel in the rough
If it's too loud, you're too old!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6RGIebnnzk

What amazed me about the sound was how crystal clear it was. Definitely and improvement over the old sound system.
Mad Props to fuz_forward For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (11-06-2017)
Old 11-06-2017, 08:48 AM
Captain

GoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
No complaints here about the seats or the sound. But I didn't like the stats board much. While I appreciate the attempt to give more info on each player's contribution, it is info overload. I don't want to take a lot of time figuring out what player has what number, what the headings mean, and finding the stat I am interested in. Give me back the simple layout of individual stats we had last year so I can get back to watching the game!!
Old 11-06-2017, 08:55 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
On the cupholders, they are too shallow. A bottle of water will not stay in the holder. They are only about two inches, maybe three inches deep.
Any body using the cupholders to hold a bottle of water can't be a UD grad!

4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (11-06-2017), DaytonInsider (11-11-2017), mikeymo85 (11-06-2017), shocka43 (11-06-2017)
Old 11-06-2017, 09:19 AM
Colonel

UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
While sound system was good, it was a bit too loUD. It should not be painful, and should not be at a level where damage could occur. It is not a rock concert. The only time it should get painfully loUD is when the UD fans are cheering.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FrankStreetFlyer (11-06-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-06-2017), UD Rugby (11-06-2017)
Old 11-06-2017, 02:07 PM

I just don't want UD to hear a few complaints from older fans and automatically lower the volume.
I'll ignore the shot at "older" fans (there have been many such shots on this board over the years) and simply say that EVERYBODY around us thought it was too loud, both "older" fans AND younger fans.
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fairborn Fan (11-06-2017), Figgie123 (11-06-2017), Glen Clark (11-07-2017), GoFlyer (11-10-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-06-2017), Tony T 71 (11-08-2017), UDGutter2 (11-06-2017)
Old 11-06-2017, 02:14 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fuz_forward View Post
If it's too loud, you're too old!
Really? See longtime's comments above. The Faithful do very well generating noise. We don't need to copy NBA arenas with piped in crap playing even though a few thousand are sitting on their hands. Doesn't happen here.

Last edited by Radar; 11-06-2017 at 03:11 PM..
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fairborn Fan (11-06-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-06-2017), rollo (11-06-2017), UDGutter2 (11-06-2017)
Old 11-06-2017, 02:38 PM
2nd Lieutenant

FrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the roughFrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the roughFrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the rough
It was both crystal clear and too loud. A 10% reduction would be enough. As it is the artificial noise will exceed and discourage fan noise which makes the environment we love.
Mad Props to FrankStreetFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDGutter2 (11-06-2017)
Old 11-06-2017, 02:40 PM
Captain

tlangs98 is just really nicetlangs98 is just really nicetlangs98 is just really nicetlangs98 is just really nice
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
I'll ignore the shot at "older" fans (there have been many such shots on this board over the years) and simply say that EVERYBODY around us thought it was too loud, both "older" fans AND younger fans.
Longtime fan is deaf so it must have been loud.
Mad Props to tlangs98 For This Totally Excellent Post:
longtimefan (11-06-2017)
Old 11-06-2017, 03:20 PM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
The only legitimate reason in my eyes to turn it down would be if it impacted the coaches and players ability to communicate during timeouts.
It's not my eyes I'm worried about. Hearing damage is not a legitimate reason?

Originally Posted by UDGutter2 View Post
While sound system was good, it was a bit too loUD. It should not be painful, and should not be at a level where damage could occur. It is not a rock concert. The only time it should get painfully loUD is when the UD fans are cheering.
The sound quality was amazing, but, when I first walked in large groups of people walking around the inner concourse were visibly wincing and covering their ears. Young, old, etc. My first thought was "I knew it was going to be loud but c'mon. . . " Shortly after that, there was a noticeable reduction in the sound level right in the middle of a song. Someone turned it down. From then on it was fine where I was.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:04 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,454 Posts
Mich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Side Stats Boards

If you are sitting up in the 400 section, you can't see the top of the side player stats boards. There are air vents (?) that block the top of both side boards. Not sure that is an improvement. Last year you could see from the top to the bottom of the boards.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:12 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Tonight was my first experience in the "new" Arena. Didn't notice an appreciable difference in the volume level. Of course, when the game's exciting (as it was tonight), it'll always be loUD.

My seats are in 215, so I did notice a difference in roominess with the new seats. A bit more vertical seatback, and the padding (where before it was solid plastic) takes away a bit of legroom. And at 6'1" and 250, I tend to fill-up my seat. Also, the cup holders are a nice convenience, but there'll be several banged shins during the familiarization process.

New scoreboards are definitely a huge improvement over the old Wrigley Field-ish technology they replaced.

All in all, they're off to a good (if slightly imperfect) start.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-11-2017, 06:42 AM
Colonel

The sound was turned down to a much more tolerable level.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cityengr (11-11-2017), longtimefan (11-11-2017), rollo (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 08:56 AM
1st Lieutenant

Shawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of light
We had Taylor apersons parents behind us last night
Old 11-11-2017, 09:14 AM
Brigadier General

Went from row A 200 in exhibition game, to mid-court first few rows 400 last night, and you cannot read the corner video screens due to new speakers hanging from rafters. Game stats are non-readable from that angle. I suspect that is negatively impacting at-least 30% of seats.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:24 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
New seats are great, but I just hope that as a member of the over 6' and 250 lb club, I always have skinny females on both sides of me. The cup holder cuts into my leg room, so I borrow a bit from those on each side so as to not smash the family jewels.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:44 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Ray Harper always has skinny females on his side. And cup holders don't cut into his leg room, Ray Harper cuts into the holders holding room
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (11-11-2017), jack72 (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 09:56 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by UDGutter2 View Post
The sound was turned down to a much more tolerable level.
I was not at the first game but while the sound was clear it wasn't loud enough but it was at least clear.

The bigger problem I had was the songs they played. Did Archie take the DJ to IU or did they just decide to play songs from before Y2K?

I will cede to you all with sensitive ears if they'll just play newer music though.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:19 AM
Captain

GoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
I was at both games and I thought there was a lot more excitement at the exhibition game. I may be 72 years old, but I thought we could have gone a bit louder Friday night. And I don't know what changed during the announcement of the starting lineup but it just wasn't as exciting as the exhibition was.

Yes, the legroom is a bit tighter, but all in all, the arena is quite impressive and it's only 1/3 completed!!
Mad Props to GoFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
mikeymo85 (11-12-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 11:14 AM
Lieutenant General

I think it could have been a tad louder on Friday also (and I did think it was too loud at the exhibition). As far as the introductions, the music didn't start when it was supposed to so the video started with no sound for a bit and it kind of threw the timing of everything off. They started the actual introduction of the players before the video finished. Not sure what happened because the timing was perfect at the exhibition.
It is the same DJ.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:12 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
I think it could have been a tad louder on Friday also (and I did think it was too loud at the exhibition). As far as the introductions, the music didn't start when it was supposed to so the video started with no sound for a bit and it kind of threw the timing of everything off. They started the actual introduction of the players before the video finished. Not sure what happened because the timing was perfect at the exhibition.
It is the same DJ.
So it sounds like UD could turn up the volume a little bit then based on people who have been to both games then.

And if they are still using the same DJ maybe we need to tweet him to play some newer music. Do any of you all also think the songs being played are simply too old. I'm not saying everything has to be new music but I think the only recent song I heard was 24K Magic.