Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 06-01-2016, 09:32 AM
Captain

224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute
2018-19 Flyers

This is the slow time, so let's have some fun.

Looking ahead a couple years to the guys that will be seniors in 18/19, and the roster at that point. In a different thread, I proposed the question, when was the last time 4 seniors started? And not just started and went straight to the bench, but started and played big minutes? We will start 4 this year, and potentially 5 in 18/19.

Now I know there are many variables,a la kids could transfer, underclassmen outperform and the totally unforeseen -- look at DP suspension, tragedy with SM and guys like DS and JR kicked off for criminal activity.

But with the current 5 Sophmores on the roster, I am somewhat salivating at the potential. ***huge asterisk** when I say this, because each kid needs to grow in many areas to be great. But in AM we trust....
Each kid has shown glimpses of what they can be, so picture the positives of each kid and envision this lengthy, senior filled lineup...

Crosby PG
Mikesell SG/SF
X SF
SM F
JC F

Right off the bat I think what mis-matches that lineup would create on O, and how we would struggle on D. But if RM and SM can become solid defenders by the time they are seniors, watch out. Crosby can facilitate, JC can bang down low, SM can stretch the floor, X is the do it all wild card and RM is a 6'7 shooter that can be a matchup nightmare with so much other length on the floor (think RM in that early season game where he had 20). Call me crazy, as I'll be the first to do it, but with that lineup and the glimpses he has shown, could RM be 1st team A10 his senior year? Or dare I say POY?

I understand we are 2 years away, and alot can happen, but with guys like SM and RM sticking around this summer to work on their game everyday, the upside of this squad is tremendous. This year will show alot as far as how the kids have and will develop, and if this is closer to a pipe dream or reality.
Mad Props to 224 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyrsmedic (06-03-2016)
Advertisement