Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Football

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-04-2017, 05:13 PM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
Flyers vs Marist

Congrats to the Flyers on their 36-17 win over Marist today. Good day for a win with my son and grandson up from Cincy for Super Saturday. Leaving for the basketball game in less than an hour. Go Flyers!
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to 66flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Gramps (11-04-2017), FlyerIllini (11-06-2017), NEOFlyer (11-06-2017), PittsburghFlyer (11-05-2017)
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2017, 12:36 PM
Captain

NEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really nice
This game seemed to be the case of two teams going in opposite directions. The Flyers are building momentum and Marist almost seemed to be lacking focus.

This was certainly one of them but the Flyers rarely have a game where they were in control from the outset. We can sure use another one in two weeks.

Go Flyers!!
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NEOFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (11-08-2017), FlyerIllini (11-06-2017), PittsburghFlyer (11-06-2017), Showme Flyer (11-06-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 11:46 AM
Major

Cardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of light
I truly believe the difference is the feel of the offense that Jeske has since he has been back. I think we played a great first half and kind of took the pedal off the gas in the second half. Our offense became stagnant due to play calling.

I am not knocking Kaparos as I believe he can win in this offense. We stifled his abilities by limiting the playbook because he had a lack of experience. He is the guy unless Alex comes back next year. We should have mixed him in more when we had larger leads (like the last series of the first half of this game).

I will say that even though it didn't work, the fake field goal is the kind of stuff we need to show once in a while. It is imaginative and helps keep the defense off balance.

Defensively, if we are going to play man to man coverage with our corners and not give safety help up over the top, then we need to blitz more.

I am glad we are in a position to have a winning season after the way it started. Valpo will not be easy and we need to play a full game to beat them, but it can be done and I am confident it will be.

One area of disappointment to this season has been our penalties. I felt we had a couple of them this week that were truly bad calls, but we again had a lot of stupid penalties that we should not be committing.

Go Flyers
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Cardsflyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Gramps (11-09-2017), NEOFlyer (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 12:01 PM
Captain

NEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really nice
Cards...

I agree with a lot of what you said. From what I am hearing, Jeske is returning along with a few others.

What bothered me about the fake field goal was that we didn't hide it well at all. If you look at the replay, Trautman wasn't lined up properly (not to mention he's not the regular edge blocker). An astute defender would have noticed it right away. Also, our kicker wasn't concentrating on the 'kick', he looked right at Trautman before the snap and didn't simulate the kick. He didn't move on the play.

Valpo is a different team than in the past. We will need to play well to get that record over .500

GO FLYERS!
Mad Props to NEOFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Gramps (11-09-2017)