User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-04-2020, 06:21 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,748 Times in 790 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Tourney Tix

My son has almost convinced me to buy final 4 tix. While looking at prices and availability, I also was thinking about earlier rounds.

IF UD receives a seed of 4 or better, is it reasonable to expect them to be playing in Cleveland? I thought the NCAA tried to keep the top 4 seeds as close to home as possible.

How are the regionals aligned? Is it reasonable to expect that Cleveland winners would feed into Indy?

I am willing to gamble a month or so from now and buy tix now while they are much lower knowing I can sell if need be.
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2020, 08:29 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,122 Times in 4,168 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
That is a good question. There appears to be no guarantee that if they are a 4 seed that they will be sent to Cleveland and/or if they then will be sent to Indy. The below bracket does not even have a 4 seed in Cleveland, and the 3 seed in Cleveland is being sent to Albany.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology

Last edited by ud2; 01-04-2020 at 08:33 PM..
Old 01-04-2020, 08:37 PM

Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,074 Posts
UDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond repute
I would hold tight and wait and see where they go. I think its easy to score 1st and 2nd round tix no matter where they are.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:18 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

TX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
If they are last 4th seed then they get the last 4th seed location. If you can afford it go for it
Old 01-06-2020, 11:59 AM
2nd Lieutenant

BoiseFlyer is just really niceBoiseFlyer is just really niceBoiseFlyer is just really niceBoiseFlyer is just really nice
It's totally a crapshoot, especially for East/Midwest teams.

Once they seed the teams, they break them into four-team pods for the first two rounds, which don't necessarily correlate with the regionals or the geographic region.

For example, last year two #1 seeds (UNC and Virginia) both played their first two round games in Columbia, SC. Florida State was the #4 seed in the West Regional, but played their first round games in Hartford, CT.

They do their best to keep teams close to home, which is why West regional 1st/2nd round games would be played in Connecticut, but sometimes there is an imbalance.

One of the problems, in recent years, is that SOMEBODY has to play 1st and 2nd round games out west, which this year is Spokane and Sacramento. There just haven't been that many western teams making the tournament. Those who do get to stay close to home, but other teams get moved out there.

For example, last year's #4 seeds played:

Virginia Tech (San Jose)
Kansas State (San Jose)
Florida State (Hartford)
Kansas (Salt Lake City).

Once you get past the #1 and #2 seeds, it's anybody's guess.

Hope this helps . .
Old 01-06-2020, 12:19 PM
2nd Lieutenant

BoiseFlyer is just really niceBoiseFlyer is just really niceBoiseFlyer is just really niceBoiseFlyer is just really nice
Another way to look at it is this . . .

There are 16 "pods" for 1st and 2nd round games. Each pod contains one and only one of the 1-4 seeds.

This year, those 16 pods will spread out like this:

2 in Albany, NY
2 in Cleveland
2 in Greensboro, NC
2 in Tampa
2 in St. Louis
2 in Omaha
2 in Spokane
2 in Sacramento

The higher the seed, the better chance of geographic preference. With the Big East and Big 10 teams in play, it's likely it would take a #1 or #2 seed to get to Cleveland or Albany.
Old 01-06-2020, 07:19 PM
Major

bigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud of
I've got my tickets and flight (two connections) booked to Spokane already.
Mad Props to bigred For This Totally Excellent Post:
MrFlyerFanatic (01-07-2020)
Old 01-06-2020, 07:35 PM

Thanked 6,122 Times in 4,168 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bigred View Post
I've got my tickets and flight (two connections) booked to Spokane already.
Haha, a 4 seed in Spokane, great irony. Tulsa is 9-5, Kenpom #101.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:00 PM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDEE79 View Post
I would hold tight and wait and see where they go. I think its easy to score 1st and 2nd round tix no matter where they are.

...Except if the games are at the UD arena