Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 06:18 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,878 Times in 6,982 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by College B-Ball Fan View Post
***Rollo, I just don't get it? From your posts it appears that you "work" at UD in some capacity!

***From you numerous posts over the past months it also appears that you really seem to have a deep seeded dislike of much of what the University of Dayton stands for---taking "pot" shots at every opportunity to belittle, berate, and generally denegrate pretty much everything that goes on now including Devon Scott?

***UD ain't by no means perfect---but what the f*** gives? Really? Everything from spreading innuendo's about professors, now students athletes as well as just generally negative opinions about UD academics and for God's sake the fact that they didn't recruit your son "at all" or hard enough" to attend UD engineering last year and he got a scholarship to tOSU---is that when it all changed??

***If you really hate everything UD---why do you spend so much time here and elsewhere connected to the University? And if you don't HATE the University--why the "venom"?

***Saying what you said above above about a young kid (who by all accounts obviously made a mistake of some type), playing it off as factual, then later when challenged acting like it's all fun and games---and we should just move on....sucks and is bull****! IMHO!

***Read what you posted about this kid (all you say based on your "sluething") everything from who he sleeps with, how it will get swept under the rug at UD because he is an athlete (and that always happens) according to another of your "NAMELESS SOURCES"....what bull****! Grow up already and have some respect for the kid and UD!
Originally Posted by oRed View Post
Exactly right and my biggest question is if #R is an employee of UD why is he still employed?

I find both of your posts incredibly simple and pathetic....why? Because they scream 'follow' and Rollo isn't a follower.

I work for the EPA and think Al Gore is an idiot. Fire me? Why? I know more than him.

I work for UD, love UD and think that athletes, because of their free ride, should be held to a higher standard than the general population...not lesser. To whom great things are given, great things are expected....unless you're an athlete is which case you're free to rape and pillage the campus and not only will the Administration bend over backwards to cover for you, so will another 13k Fanatics. God forbid you be a 5'8 suburbanite and try the same BS.

I work for Sinclair, love Sinclair, but have fought their policies that allow sex offenders and felons to enter your classroom without the instructors knowledge. Why? Duh!

Rollo thinks for himself...works for himself and his family and doesn't like being told what to do, think, wear or say. It's why I fought THE UD with letters, emails, phone calls and Board of Directors ties when they tried (unsuccessfully) to dissolve Engineering Tech. It's why I'm the hit of every party I'm invited to....have more friends than needed, sleep comfortably every night knowing exactly who's in charge and have 3 kids who also are excellent at thinking for themselves and beyond the obvious!

All you Obama admirers can continue marching to his tune....do what you're told and he'll take care of you...until you're no longer needed. That's your choice. You can also march to Devon's tune. It's your choice. But please don't show up at the next 'Violence Against Women Awareness' discussion and sit by me...lightning struck me once, (April, 2001) and I don't want it to happen again.

And you can sit back and wait for the courts to rule there isn't enough evidence to convict #40 of anything...which we all know doesn't mean he's innocent...it only means the UD Image Machine did their job and Devon's teammate and his GF were told/encouraged to STFU.

Big difference.

For my free-thinking friends, have a great day.

For those less inclined, incapable, unwilling or afraid to use their God-given intellectual abilities, good luck...and be careful of exploding washers and dryers!

Last edited by rollo; 04-09-2014 at 08:35 AM..
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to rollo For This Totally Excellent Post:
DetroitFlyer (04-09-2014), JimBo (04-09-2014), shocka43 (04-09-2014), TD Flyer (04-09-2014), UDGutter2 (04-09-2014), udstevied_D87 (04-10-2014)
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2014, 06:41 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
All this talk of free thinkers reminds me of the Lego Movie, Everything is Awesome!

I'm not saying he is guilty or not guilty, that's for a court to decide. As a fan I hope he's innocent, not just not guilty. As a human, I hope justice wins out.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (04-09-2014), rollo (04-09-2014), UDEE79 (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 07:48 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
All you Obama admirers can continue marching to his tune....do what you're told and he'll take care of you...until you're no longer needed. That's your choice. You can also march to Devon's tune. It's your choice.
What do these 2 have to do with anything? Talk about a false equivalency.

How about if I wanted to say "all you Fox News admirers can continue marching to their tune, and the GOP will take care of you... until you're no longer needed." It's just as stupid as what you've written.

I don't know at what point any semblance of civility left this country's political life, but there is such a mean-spiritedness about both sides now (the righties have it bad towards Obama, but so did the lefties vs. Bush) that it makes me angry. Everyone thinks they are an expert when they are actually anything but. Keep your poorly informed, BS politics off the basketball site. Period. I really don't think that's too much to ask.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (04-10-2014), flyerfanatic86 (04-09-2014), Glen Clark (04-09-2014), GoFlyer (04-09-2014), NorthwestFlyer (04-09-2014), westchesterflyer (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 08:09 AM
General

Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by swish61 View Post
I thought you said it "never entered your mind to lay a hand on any of them in order to solve the situation?"
But then you say " I would physically restrain that woman."
This isn't that hard, swish: It never entered my mind previously because I never had to protect an innocent child in the room. If I did need to protect an innocent child in the future, I would take appropriate action in that situation. What was contradictory or confusing about that??

If he was arguing with his GF and felt the need to physically contact her, then he's a jackball. A plausible out for DS is that he might have been protecting the baby, in which case he's a hero. I'm just saying it could plausibly go either way but doesn't look good.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:10 AM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
What do these 2 have to do with anything? Talk about a false equivalency.

How about if I wanted to say "all you Fox News admirers can continue marching to their tune, and the GOP will take care of you... until you're no longer needed." It's just as stupid as what you've written.

I don't know at what point any semblance of civility left this country's political life, but there is such a mean-spiritedness about both sides now (the righties have it bad towards Obama, but so did the lefties vs. Bush) that it makes me angry. Everyone thinks they are an expert when they are actually anything but. Keep your poorly informed, BS politics off the basketball site. Period. I really don't think that's too much to ask.
Much like the male UD athletes, I declare myself exempt from the rules, policies and procedures that everyone else is expected or encouraged to follow.

If you can't beat 'em...join 'em!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,355 Times in 586 Posts
College B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
Rollo is clearly the first person in the history of the world who has ever been frustrated with his place of employment, but yet continued to work there. Geez, what an oddball.
***Brew, usually appreciate your insights. As to this comment---just plain silly to suggest that "rollo" is simply the "first person in the history of of the world who has ever been frustrated with his place of employment, but yet to continue to work there." As simple as that huh! Seriously.....I know lots of anti- UD folks feel a reprive of dorts by this story....but there is much more at issue than something that simple.

***Have you read the entire thread----numerous posts about Devon Scott, Devon Scott personally, etc. (what is the point of all of this....NONE of it credibly substantiated anywhere & all based upon "sources" i.e. other posters, etc.) ----simply innuendo's based upon Rollo's "sluething"----comments about many things that clearly either don't exist or if they do exist----aren't "exactly" as portrayed by this poster?

***All of which is part of an overall "mission" to what end? Man I don't get it---that's what I said.......that's why people have posted similar opinions and agreed! Now mind you if it was as simple as YOU suggest----that's NO BIG DEAL IS IT---lots of folks dislike "stuff" about there jobs, there employers, fellow workers, how much they make/don't make etc.-----BUT how does that kinda' stuff equate to the "venom" being spewed on not only THIS thread BUT many others when "Rollo" thinks he should spread rumors, innuendo's and otherwise denegrate kids like Devon Scott or specific professors and the University of Dayton or the University of Dayton on the whole with out much of anything other than the "proof" he supplied on this thread?

***Again, once he was actually challenged he backs up and plays it off as all in a days work, saying what he said about this "incident", Devon Scott UD's reputation on THIS THREAD is etc. was just kinda' funny and a joke right ------I guess he can "suggest whatever he wants about folks, the University, The administration, etc. and at the end of the day smearing people, there lives, there reputaions, etc is no big deal-----just because he's a FREE THINKER.........He's not a "FOLLOWER"---whatever the heck that has to do with this crap he's posting.........?

***I'm sure some folks not really Fans of the University of Dayton, might not have a problem with his general tenor over the year(s) and especially with regard to this "incident"---some might want UD to have a little BAD publicity (AT ANY COST WHETHER IT'S TRUTHFUL OR NOT--BASED UPON FACT OR NOT) especially after the great month we've had here at UD on all levels--------huh!

***Point is just cause you don't "love" where you work (as you suggest?)........there is NO excuse for this kinda' stuff which impacts people's lives for many obvious reasons!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:51 AM

***Brew, usually appreciate your insights. As to this comment---just plain silly to suggest that "rollo" is simply the "first person in the history of of the world who has ever been frustrated with his place of employment, but yet to continue to work there." As simple as that huh! Seriously.....I know lots of anti- UD folks feel a reprive of dorts by this story....but there is much more at issue than something that simple.

***Have you read the entire thread----numerous posts about Devon Scott, Devon Scott personally, etc. (what is the point of all of this....NONE of it credibly substantiated anywhere & all based upon "sources" i.e. other posters, etc.) ----simply innuendo's based upon Rollo's "sluething"----comments about many things that clearly either don't exist or if they do exist----aren't "exactly" as portrayed by this poster?

***All of which is part of an overall "mission" to what end? Man I don't get it---that's what I said.......that's why people have posted similar opinions and agreed! Now mind you if it was as simple as YOU suggest----that's NO BIG DEAL IS IT---lots of folks dislike "stuff" about there jobs, there employers, fellow workers, how much they make/don't make etc.-----BUT how does that kinda' stuff equate to the "venom" being spewed on not only THIS thread BUT many others when "Rollo" thinks he should spread rumors, innuendo's and otherwise denegrate kids like Devon Scott or specific professors and the University of Dayton or the University of Dayton on the whole with out much of anything other than the "proof" he supplied on this thread?

***Again, once he was actually challenged he backs up and plays it off as all in a days work, saying what he said about this "incident", Devon Scott UD's reputation on THIS THREAD is etc. was just kinda' funny and a joke right ------I guess he can "suggest whatever he wants about folks, the University, The administration, etc. and at the end of the day smearing people, there lives, there reputaions, etc is no big deal-----just because he's a FREE THINKER.........He's not a "FOLLOWER"---whatever the heck that has to do with this crap he's posting.........?

***I'm sure some folks not really Fans of the University of Dayton, might not have a problem with his general tenor over the year(s) and especially with regard to this "incident"---some might want UD to have a little BAD publicity (AT ANY COST WHETHER IT'S TRUTHFUL OR NOT--BASED UPON FACT OR NOT) especially after the great month we've had here at UD on all levels--------huh!

***Point is just cause you don't "love" where you work (as you suggest?)........there is NO excuse for this kinda' stuff which impacts people's lives for many obvious reasons!
Didn't you read my last post? I play basketball...I'm untouchable...beyond reproach....done nothing wrong...ever.

Being Basketball Rollo is better than being King Rollo! God, I love me!

For my next act, I'm going to jay-walk across Brown St...no way the UD Police touch me.

Why didn't I think of this sooner!!!
Old 04-09-2014, 09:00 AM
General

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,050 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
Rollo is clearly the first person in the history of the world who has ever been frustrated with his place of employment, but yet continued to work there. Geez, what an oddball.

Some people stand at the corner of Brown and Stewart holding their grudge against the school on a placard as they sing to the passing motorists.
Others use the basketball forum to continually draw attention to themselves.

CJ2etc (04-09-2014), College B-Ball Fan (04-09-2014), FLYER5 (04-10-2014), UD62 (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 09:27 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,029 Times in 766 Posts
jumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Glen Clark View Post
Some people stand at the corner of Brown and Stewart holding their grudge against the school on a placard as they sing to the passing motorists.
Others use the basketball forum to continually draw attention to themselves.

Last edited by jumpin' joe; 04-09-2014 at 09:30 AM..
Mad Props to jumpin' joe For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 09:38 AM

hey glen....cbb...you always thought George was innocent...right?

Old 04-09-2014, 09:42 AM
Major

number21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
I find both of your posts incredibly simple and pathetic....why? Because they scream 'follow' and Rollo isn't a follower.

I work for the EPA and think Al Gore is an idiot. Fire me? Why? I know more than him.

I work for UD, love UD and think that athletes, because of their free ride, should be held to a higher standard than the general population...not lesser. To whom great things are given, great things are expected....unless you're an athlete is which case you're free to rape and pillage the campus and not only will the Administration bend over backwards to cover for you, so will another 13k Fanatics. God forbid you be a 5'8 suburbanite and try the same BS.

I work for Sinclair, love Sinclair, but have fought their policies that allow sex offenders and felons to enter your classroom without the instructors knowledge. Why? Duh!

Rollo thinks for himself...works for himself and his family and doesn't like being told what to do, think, wear or say. It's why I fought THE UD with letters, emails, phone calls and Board of Directors ties when they tried (unsuccessfully) to dissolve Engineering Tech. It's why I'm the hit of every party I'm invited to....have more friends than needed, sleep comfortably every night knowing exactly who's in charge and have 3 kids who also are excellent at thinking for themselves and beyond the obvious!

All you Obama admirers can continue marching to his tune....do what you're told and he'll take care of you...until you're no longer needed. That's your choice. You can also march to Devon's tune. It's your choice. But please don't show up at the next 'Violence Against Women Awareness' discussion and sit by me...lightning struck me once, (April, 2001) and I don't want it to happen again.

And you can sit back and wait for the courts to rule there isn't enough evidence to convict #40 of anything...which we all know doesn't mean he's innocent...it only means the UD Image Machine did their job and Devon's teammate and his GF were told/encouraged to STFU.

Big difference.

For my free-thinking friends, have a great day.

For those less inclined, incapable, unwilling or afraid to use their God-given intellectual abilities, good luck...and be careful of exploding washers and dryers!
Did you go third person in this post?

Jimmy doesn't like this thread, Jimmy thinks this thread went off the rails.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to number21 For This Totally Excellent Post:
College B-Ball Fan (04-09-2014), Gazoo (04-09-2014), rollo (04-09-2014), Sticks 'n Stearns (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 10:00 AM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer2 View Post
If Scott was that guilty why was he not arrested, transported and booked. He was given a summons.

Remember the Barry kid over in Indiana who some demanded that he not be enrolled. That was sucessful and he was proven to be not guilty.

I read nothing about the baby being involved as Rollo implied.

And the drum roll please...... She has to agree to testify and press charges.

Really this whole thing is sad and some here (guess who) use the forum as a soap box.

They both need 40 hrs. with Norbie Burns.
He was given a summons because the case was reviewed with prosecutors well after the date of the incident. The point of arresting a DV suspect the day/night of the offense, is to protect the victim. If they were able to wait 5 -7 days to review the charges, there wasn't a need to protect the victim from an offense that happened on the 1st.

You may not know anything about what happened inside the walls on Caldwell, and maybe Rollo has that info.

For your drum roll...no she doesn't have to agree to testify and press charges. This is a case of Domestic Violence, where the state is required to pick up the charges, regardless of victim cooperation. Police and prosecutors arrest and file charges based on the facts at the scene and what witnesses say. The victim can be mute the entire time, and charges will still progress.

Soap box what you want. I have said this time and time again...if you don't think there are people on this board that have contacts close to the players and team, you are sadly mistaken. And if you think what happens out of the public eye doesn't make it through those channels, you are sadly mistaken as well. But....you can keep the eyes closed and hope and pray that the media can get the same information that UD refuses to release...and then make your mind up.

Last edited by shocka43; 04-09-2014 at 10:29 AM..
Old 04-09-2014, 10:08 AM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
According to the DDN, "Private universities in Ohio are currently exempt from public-record laws that public police agencies are required to follow." I'm wondering if this contradicts what some posters have been saying about UD improperly withholding information, etc.
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
College B-Ball Fan (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 10:12 AM

For 5 pts extra credit, my students line up to tell me everything.

Of course, none of it is true. Especially if it came from someone who lives in the Caldwell St. apartments.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:15 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,011 Posts
xubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I've read the whole thread. I take Rollo's comments as genuine frustration. Maybe I'm reading into them wrong, but I don't think he's slamming people just for the sake of slamming them. He does work there. He does see things that other people don't see. It's natural to want to vent when you're frustrated, and I think that's what he's doing. Again, I could be wrong. Maybe he's just a vindictive individual, but I don't think so.

I will admit that my won frustrations and experiences (not with UD, or any place else that anyone here would really care about) are a big part of why I'm reading into it the way that I do. How I oftentimes feel and what I'd oftentimes like to say sound very similar to his rants. I don't air my feelings out on message boards, much less the specific incidents that led to my feelings. In fact, if I worked with him or if he worked for me I would ask him not to do that. If you can't say why you feel the way you do because it involves breaking someone's confidence or sharing inside info that will get you in trouble, then you probably shouldn't say anything at all. But, that doesn't mean I don't understand how he feels.

But, like him, I think it's silly to just quit and go do something else. I just found it funny that people would ask him why he still worked there. People will always be frustrated with where they work to some degree, no matter where it is.
Mad Props to xubrew For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,430 Times in 755 Posts
Hyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I don't understand why some believe that discussing a newsworthy event and expressing an opinion is somehow a moral wrong. I practiced law. I was admitted to the US Supreme Court. I represented criminal defendants. I've handled defense cases that were significant enough to draw national attention (this does not mean that it was on the national news...I mean that people discussed the case across the country). With that said, it should surprise no one that I fully believe in the legal process. I am a vigilant opponent of the frequent and regular Constitutional offenses by police in regard to illegal searches and seizures. So, with this in mind, I fully believe that DS' is entitled to due process. He is innocent until proven guilty in court. IN COURT.

This message board is not a courtroom. This is the barbershop. It's a coffee shop. A community picnic. Why would we not discuss the news? Why would we not express opinions? More importantly, why should we have to wait for a court to determine that he is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt? As a society, we don't have to play by the same rules as the legal system. We can, and should, pass judgment. We are responsible for setting societal norms, not the courts. We can, and should, speak out as a society against certain behavior. An individual may be found not-guilty, but that doesn't mean that his behavior should be accepted by society. One of THE free speech cases came out of Warren County. Look it up...it was the Brandenburg case. He ultimately was cleared of charges (well, the law was found to be unconstitutional). Regardless, the guy was a d&%$. I've met his attorney. His attorney would say that his former client was a d#@$. As a society, we should care about the case in that it protects our free speech, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't socially ostracize the tool. I would go so far as to say that it's society's charge to ostracize abhorrent behavior. It's our job to decide what is socially, not legally, acceptable.

So, **** on Rollo if you want. My guess is that he has secret fantasies about being urinated upon in some corner of a dark bar in Bangkok. But, I have no problem with him speaking his mind. He expects more. If you think he expects too much, fine. Bite back. It might be a bit more interesting though if it's done with a little thought about Rollo's actual message. I know you can't see him through his keyboard, but I think we can all glimpse a bit of a grin at times. I think we can all here him say "this will get 'em going" on regular occasion. It wouldn't surprise me if he thought he should earn a Tony for his theater of the absurd performance. If this offends you, that's cool. My golden pair are bigger than Rollo's, and I can handle the swings.

In the meanwhile, ask for a refill on the coffee. My waitress, who I think has a strange resemblance to one of Rollo's avatars, still hasn't brought me more sweetener. My opinion is that DS is a feminine hygiene product. I don't need the courts to tell me that.
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Hyde Park Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
cj (04-09-2014), ClaytonFlyerFan (04-09-2014), pmcmullen (04-09-2014), rollo (04-09-2014), shocka43 (04-09-2014), TD Flyer (04-09-2014), UDGutter2 (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 10:17 AM

shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
According to the DDN, "Private universities in Ohio are currently exempt from public-record laws that public police agencies are required to follow." I'm wondering if this contradicts what some posters have been saying about UD improperly withholding information, etc.
Which is why the AG is pushing a bill that protects the public from the actions of law enforcement who have all the power of a "real" police department, but yet have none of the public oversight.

UD was more than compliant with working with DPD in releasing the facts and details regarding every single arrest that took place on campus regarding the riots, but refuse to say a word when it is an incident that involves a player. That is the issue.

If my car gets broken into on campus or UDPD takes a crash report, do they release it to me for insurance purposes? Absolutely they do. But if it is a criminal offense regarding a basketball player, you won't get a stitch of a report.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Hyde Park Flyer (04-09-2014), rollo (04-09-2014), TD Flyer (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,283 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Is this a basketball site or a session of Dr. Phil ?
Mad Props to UD62 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (04-10-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 10:37 AM
Brigadier General

Hyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Longtime, if you have an interest in the discussion of private university police agencies being exempt from FOIA requests, you might find it interesting that even Mike DeWine has stated as recently as this year that he would like the law to be changed in Ohio. There are serious concerns about granting police powers without the requirement of openness. It's disconcerting. I should point out that there are some minimal reporting requirements under the Clery Act. I have no idea whether there are concerns that the UDPD might be underreporting crimes.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Hyde Park Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (04-10-2014), shocka43 (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 10:41 AM
Brigadier General

Oops, I didn't see Shocka's comments before my last post. Sorry if it's repetitive.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:42 AM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by UD62 View Post
Is this a basketball site or a session of Dr. Phil ?
Yes..
Old 04-09-2014, 10:50 AM

The pot's been stirred enough and you all clearly understand my position... although a good chunk don't get my point...so unless prompted/baited, and regardless of outcome, this will be my last post regarding the Scott incident.

1. We need more Chris Wright's on this campus and less #35's and #40's. Good kids are out there...recruit them. Involve Wright...a phone call, text or twitter from him can't hurt.

2. I'd rather lose with winners than win with losers. Although winning with winners is my A#1 preference.

Go Flyers!

I love UD!

but not Al Gore.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:58 AM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jumpin' joe View Post
Who's to say that they aren't the same person? Perhaps Rollo is the Protest Lady????

I dated her for a while, she is an animal in bed. She is definitely not Rollo.
Mad Props to NorthwestFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 11:02 AM

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
IMO a "Christian" university should be completely transparent.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sea Bass For This Totally Excellent Post:
pmcmullen (04-09-2014), rollo (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 11:06 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,152 Times in 2,713 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sea Bass View Post
And so should our government.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
DetroitFlyer (04-09-2014), jack72 (04-09-2014), pmcmullen (04-09-2014), rollo (04-09-2014), San Diego Flyer (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Hyde Park Flyer View Post
It's disconcerting. I should point out that there are some minimal reporting requirements under the Clery Act. I have no idea whether there are concerns that the UDPD might be underreporting crimes.
And that is the issue....under the Clery Act they are only required to report Murder, Manslaughter, Robbery, Auto Theft, Arson, Agg Assault, Burglary, Weapons Charges, Drug and Liquor violations, Hate Crimes, and the totals for referrals for drug, alcohol, and weapon offenses.

The key, is that the only requirement is to report the totals of those said offenses. And if there is no way to prove or disprove those reported totals, by viewing police reports and official databases like any real PD, they can absolutely under report on campus offenses with no placement of checks and balances like in the real world. Anywhere else, those totals can be researched and challenged...creating accountability. Personally, I am not a fan of the government being able to take away the freedom, life, or restrain or take physical action against a person, without fully being accountable for their actions. If DPD beats a person, their records are public and are subject to scrutiny by the people they serve. UDPD can go beat the snot out of someone and tell them the report isn't public, all while acting under the scope of the Ohio Revised Code. Garbage if you ask me.

When the State changes the Ohio Sunshine Law to force these institutions to report actions taken under the Ohio Revised Code, UD is in for a rude awakening, as the media will request weekly their report and calls for service log that they do for every department in the Miami Valley. Not to mention, one can only hope that the law is retroactive and they are forced to comply with the same record retention laws. They can't pick and choose, and they legally shouldn't be allowed to.
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Hyde Park Flyer (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Sea Bass View Post
And I would surely hope known cohabitation of opposite sex non-students in student housing would be frowned upon by a Catholic institution. But, we all know the double standards that are set.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:16 AM
Colonel

Flyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant future
This thread has become unreadable and uninformative. Unfortunately.
Mad Props to Flyer69ers For This Totally Excellent Post:
udflyerfan (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Colonel

pmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe Scott was walking around a room with low ceilings, a fan bashed him in the head for the 1,000th time, he lost his cool, and then proceeded to toss his baby mama to the ground out front in a fit of rage. He is quite tall, mind you!

On the other hand, maybe she walked over and kicked him in the nuts for the 10th time that day, and he walked her outside because he had enough of it. Stranger things have happened...

Maybe they were role-playing some freaky bed game and things were mistaken by the masses? Don't laugh - if people can dress up like animals and do the deed ("furries"), anything is possible.

The possibilities are endless, so why speculate?

Speaking of getting kicked in the nuts, losing Scott on an already thinning front line would hurt a little. I hope Big Steve McE comes in ready to rack up some minutes!

I wonder if there are any big non-USA prodigies that are uncommitted? Hakeem Olajuwon comes to mind, and we have a growing number of scholarships available.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:11 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post

I don't know at what point civility in politics was lost, but I know that when the Attorney General holds a grudge for a year over a Three Stooges comment we have completely crossed the line. Nuyk nuyk nuyk.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:14 PM

Thanked 17,099 Times in 5,101 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
UDPride is no more or less a collection of society than anywhere else. Which means we have our own gaggle of spousal abusers, philanderers, embezzlers, racketeers, helicopter parents, tax evaders, alcoholics, road ragers, line cutters -- and saints -- as the rest of the world.

If only our own personal demons were as publicly scrutinized.

Lets those in charge handle it. If we dont like how they handle it, we can make that call when the time comes.

Moving along.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
12 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (04-09-2014), FLYER5 (04-10-2014), FlyerGuyer (04-09-2014), Glen Clark (04-09-2014), Lifelong Flyer Fan (04-09-2014), San Diego Flyer (04-09-2014), SeasonTicketFan (04-09-2014), springborofan (04-10-2014), The Fly (04-09-2014), Tony T 71 (04-09-2014), UDBaby (04-09-2014), udstevied_D87 (04-10-2014)
Closed Thread