User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-10-2019, 01:12 PM
General

Thanked 5,432 Times in 2,372 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
The one difference between StL and URI

There was one thing I was specifically watching in the StL debacle, and then watched for the same thing in the URI game.

Box outs.

In the StL game, every play 2 or 3 guys just turned their head and hoped to out-jump someone. Trey was the only exception, you could see he was told to go put a body on somebody. But it didn't matter since he can't block out everyone by himself. The worst offender I saw, by far, was Obi.

In the URI game, from the first shot of the game you could see 5 guys turn and look for someone to go bust in the chops. It was beautiful. Obi looked for someone every time. Sometimes we boxed out another UD player just to show we put a body on someone.

I can only imagine what those guys went through in practice this week. They probably did 4 hours of gorilla box out drills. No rules, loser stays on the court and fight the next group.
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (02-10-2019), Cityengr (02-10-2019), Clear Prop (02-10-2019), CvilleFlyer (02-10-2019), Flyer 86 (02-10-2019), FlyerBob (02-10-2019), Runnin' Rebel (02-10-2019), The Fly (02-10-2019)
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2019, 01:20 PM
Captain

Cityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to all
I agree about the box outs! Early in the game Obi still had a man boxed out Halfway to the sideline as UD guards dribbled the other way. So noticeable I’m surprised the refs didn’t make a call.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:11 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
We did significantly better at that, though several times forgot. You can't complain about the occasional long rebound though, those are going to happen. The thing that is inexplicable to me where the two foul calls on rebounds, one against Cohill with .7 left and one against Crutcher. I can't see how those were fouls. Of course, the refs left something to be desired at times as well, as they let the RI guy shoulder and elbow Josh around on what should have been offensive fouls.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-10-2019), John C. (02-10-2019)