Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 06-10-2019, 03:14 PM
Major

flybye is infamous around these parts
Dayton/Wright State game for Tornado relief

The tornado left significant damage in the Dayton area. This would be a wonderful opportunity for UD/Wright State to ask for a wavier to play each other to give back to the community. Several programs have done this over the years. It would be so helpful and a great shot in the arm for The city. I am sure we will hear all the reasons why not. But there is no doubt it would be approved . Would really like to see my school UD lead the way. The Marianist way!!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to flybye For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer69ers (06-10-2019), Justin (06-10-2019), MNFats (06-10-2019)
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2019, 04:44 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
So would a TRUMP - PUTIN arm wrestle match, but thank god we not havin' any of that either!

Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer14 (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 06:45 PM
Major

momszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud of
Oz

The Wrong State Raiders should join the Wizard in Oz. They might be able to beat the Munchkins. Play the Flyers hell no!!! :-)
Old 06-10-2019, 07:15 PM
Major

So this game would replace the game against Findlay...and raise money for the Recovery from the tornado.In the past two years LSU played Louisiana Tech, Liberty played Va Tech and several other games have be played to help support the relief effort. As a season ticket holder I would rather have the money for a scrimmage go towards the relief effort and actually watch a D 1 team play. The coaches who have participated in games of this type of game preferred it Over playing a D2 or D3 team. It would fun and great for The city!
Old 06-10-2019, 07:49 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flybye View Post
The tornado left significant damage in the Dayton area. This would be a wonderful opportunity for UD/Wright State to ask for a wavier to play each other to give back to the community. Several programs have done this over the years. It would be so helpful and a great shot in the arm for The city. I am sure we will hear all the reasons why not. But there is no doubt it would be approved . Would really like to see my school UD lead the way. The Marianist way!!
I’m not a proponent of renewing the UD/WSU series but I like this idea.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (06-11-2019), MrFlyerFanatic (06-11-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 07:55 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Sad that some care so little about the community and are so petty about sports rivalries.

The community was hammered hard. The devastation was major and recovery will take a long time. Chris Wright volunteered a lot of time. Beth Flach helped out. Football players from Miami and the University of Cincinnati volunteered. They did not care if it was in Dayton territory. And more... UD has reached out. So have Wright State, Sinclair and more. But, go ahead and trash Wright State...

Any effort to help the community should be considered. The idea won’t happen, but any fund raising idea would be helpful. Right now Dayton region needs less petty thinking and more long term planning and compassion.

Last edited by SeasonTicketFan; 06-12-2019 at 11:55 PM..
Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 08:31 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flybye View Post
So this game would replace the game against Findlay...and raise money for the Recovery from the tornado.In the past two years LSU played Louisiana Tech, Liberty played Va Tech and several other games have be played to help support the relief effort. As a season ticket holder I would rather have the money for a scrimmage go towards the relief effort and actually watch a D 1 team play. The coaches who have participated in games of this type of game preferred it Over playing a D2 or D3 team. It would fun and great for The city!
No, it would be in addition to the Findlay game.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:45 PM
Major

Good point, if granted the waiver the schools can play two actual games or play the secret scrimmage and the one open game. They can opt to play the closed the game . Give credit to Wright state, they have had 4 straight seasons with 20 wins and in the last two years have gone to the NCAA and Nit. There 3 leading scorers are back. I believe when we see our OCC schedule they may be as good a team as we will face at home. The way things are getting tough to schedule for UD this can help the community. Give us a great test before Maui and the new players a good feel for a great atmosphere. The Presidents should make this happen.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:17 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,560 Times in 2,453 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
I am against a regular season game, but would definitely support a charity game for tornado relief. i would want the game at the Arena though.(And I am not sure WSU would come without a guaranteed return) If the first game in the finished arena was to benefit the Greater Dayton area, I believe it would garner national attention.
Can't imagine they wouldn't be granted a waiver.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (06-11-2019), Flyer69ers (06-11-2019), TA111 (06-11-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 10:02 PM
Colonel

Flyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant future
Disaster relief game

We just drove thru there on our way down to our Reunion weekend.

The devastation is unbelievable. If UD can help in any way - I think a B’ball game is a great fundraiser idea - we should consider it.

Lots of opportunity to raise funds in addition to the actual game. These people need serious help . . . Lead, learn, serve.

Last edited by Flyer69ers; 06-10-2019 at 10:04 PM..
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer69ers For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (06-10-2019), mikeymo85 (06-11-2019), MNFats (06-10-2019), OSU Flyer (06-11-2019), SeasonTicketFan (06-11-2019), swish61 (06-11-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 07:43 AM
Colonel

swish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant future
My workplace has been heavily damaged, and disrupted, in one of these tornadoes. I completely support this idea.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:50 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
The first time I have read about renewing this series and it didn't make me roll my eyes. Well done.
Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (06-11-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 08:21 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErpNQSFEFSg
Old 06-11-2019, 11:33 AM
General

Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,232 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
The swallows are returning to Capistrano....
Old 06-11-2019, 01:03 PM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
I second the idea.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:55 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
The first time I have read about renewing this series and it didn't make me roll my eyes. Well done.

Actually, this would be an exhibition game. That is why we would need a waiver. D-I teams can't play other D-I teams in exhibition games (other than the "secret" scrimmages).
Old 06-11-2019, 07:26 PM

Thanked 10,134 Times in 5,868 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
No one is addressing the finances of this game. I assume that the DII exhibition games have drawn 12-13,000 paid attendees. If UD plays Wright, only 1,000 more attend. So where does the money come from for the tornado relief? Certainly UD does not just hand over the entire gate. 1,000 extra fans x $20 = $20,000.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:28 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,560 Times in 2,453 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
I would think it would be an extra exhibition and everyone would pay additional for the game (not included in season ticket games)and the entire gate would go to the relief effort.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:32 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
As we debate the game that will probably never happen, you all have 24 hours to get your Reds 50/50 tickets online to benefit victims.

https://700wlw.iheart.com/content/20...rnado-victims/

EDIT- Anyone else try this and were you successful? I keep getting error message that I must allow my browser to share my location, and well, I think I have done it correctly and still get the same message!

Last edited by ClaytonFlyerFan; 06-11-2019 at 09:09 PM..
Old 06-12-2019, 04:51 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
As we debate the game that will probably never happen, you all have 24 hours to get your Reds 50/50 tickets online to benefit victims.

https://700wlw.iheart.com/content/20...rnado-victims/

EDIT- Anyone else try this and were you successful? I keep getting error message that I must allow my browser to share my location, and well, I think I have done it correctly and still get the same message!
Had the same problem, but it worked on my wife's phone. I figured it out. On my phone (Galaxy S9) I clicked on the 3 dots in upper right. Clicked on settings, the site settings. Went to location where it listed how many sites were blocked. Clicked on blocked sites and Reds50/50 was one of them clicked on it and then allow, now it works. Cannot believe I figured this out on my own.