User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-29-2014, 09:19 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,484 Times in 810 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Florida Fans?

Any Florida fans out there lurking? If so, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the game.
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2014, 09:34 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Don't go to their board...you will leave p****d off at what you are reading...
Old 03-29-2014, 09:40 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
Examples...?
Old 03-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Lieutenant General

FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
I just read the game thread at gatorbait. Not sure which board you had in mind, but the thread seemed pretty normal. Quite a few posters that come across as disrespectful children, but not many boards are moderated like udpride is. (I'm sure Dayton has plenty of knucklehead fans on other boards, too.)

We've generally had good luck with the fans from other teams that sign up here... anyone who cares enough to look for an opponent's message board and take the time to sign up to post usually knows his stuff and has enough sense to show common respect in their posts.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:47 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
"Awwww....cute. Cinderella getting a pat on the back from the announcers and the crowd on their way home. Guess what that is worth Dayton? Zilch. Get out of the tournament"

"We played bad but Dayton is bad so..."

"Atlantic 10 had 6 teams in tourney,joke."

"Dayton wont see another elite 8 for 80 years. I say let them have some fun."

that was all on 1 page of a thread.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-31-2014), hawkoooo (03-31-2014), Smitty10 (03-29-2014)
Old 03-29-2014, 09:49 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
"Awwww....cute. Cinderella getting a pat on the back from the announcers and the crowd on their way home. Guess what that is worth Dayton? Zilch. Get out of the tournament"

This why I hate Florida College sports. They're nasty. They should have no beef with Dayton, they won and they're acting like the Flyers dissed them or something. Weird.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-31-2014)
Old 03-29-2014, 09:51 PM
Lieutenant General

Doesn't **** me off.

Comment #1: The Elite 8 is worth a bunch of money. We made it. (And calling something 'cute' is very... cute. I'm surprised that insult has lasted as long as it has.)

Comment #2: They're wrong, but I don't care much about either who is better or who they think is better. All that matters is who wins. We won enough to make it to the Elite 8, and we played well enough to make it a game. Too bad we lost.

Comment #3: Pure ignorance. Every A10 deserved its spot.

Comment #4: Childish trash talk. Let the kids have their fun.
Mad Props to FlyingArrow For This Totally Excellent Post:
T-Bone 84 (03-29-2014)
Old 03-29-2014, 09:55 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,887 Times in 644 Posts
dnutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Florida Gator land. That's how teams in the SEC act, especially FLA. So glad they SUCK in football now and got beat by GEORGIA SOUTHERN this year LOL. This makes my decision to root for Michigan State pretty easy. Hope Izzo takes them to the woodshed.

The sad thing is UD could've beat Florida had they not melted in the last 3 minutes of the first half.

Florida won't win it all, so it's all good.
Mad Props to dnutz77 For This Totally Excellent Post:
T-Bone 84 (03-29-2014)
Old 03-29-2014, 09:55 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
This why I hate Florida College sports. They're nasty. They should have no beef with Dayton, they won and they're acting like the Flyers dissed them or something. Weird.
It was not hard to watch them go 4-8 in football this year. The next time I meet a classy Gator fan will be the first time.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:57 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by dnutz77 View Post
Welcome to Florida Gator land. That's how teams in the SEC act, especially FLA. So glad they SUCK in football now and got beat by GEORGIA SOUTHERN this year LOL. This makes my decision to root for Michigan State pretty easy. Hope Izzo takes them to the woodshed.

The sad thing is UD could've beat Florida had they not melted in the last 3 minutes of the first half.

Florida won't win it all, so it's all good.
I guess I'll take everyone's word for it, but I'll wait until a player/coach does something to make me want to root against them. I kind of assume most fan bases have plenty of loudmouths like that. As is, I want the team that beat us to win it all.
Mad Props to FlyingArrow For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (03-31-2014)
Old 03-29-2014, 09:59 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,650 Times in 838 Posts
Canonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond repute
Their coach is a class act all the way. What you get with teams like UF and Bama are a lot of non-alum, t-shirt type fans. These guys didn't know basketball was a game until Donovan came to town.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Canonball For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-31-2014), flyerfanatic86 (04-01-2014), Larymike (03-29-2014), Tony T 71 (03-29-2014)
Old 03-29-2014, 10:09 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Canonball View Post
Their coach is a class act all the way. What you get with teams like UF and Bama are a lot of non-alum, t-shirt type fans. These guys didn't know basketball was a game until Donovan came to town.
Also, don't know a thing about their players except what I saw tonight, and in the postgame, the two they interviewed seemed to at least be a little grounded and humble.

But, yeah - **** on their fans.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:16 PM
General

Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,232 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
Those posters probably didn't go to Florida, and they probably don't have any front teeth so I'll cut them some slack.
Mad Props to Viperstick For This Totally Excellent Post:
The Gem (03-30-2014)
Old 03-29-2014, 10:16 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,229 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't bother me as the average SEC fan has a 4th grade education - consider the source
Old 03-29-2014, 10:24 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Okay, I'm going to back off of the Gator fans. I should've done my research ahead of time and I would have expected it. Google enlightened me about them and I'll post it so you can be enlightened too.

You might be a Gator if...

You ever cut your grass and found a car.
You own a home that is mobile and 5 cars that aren't.
You think the stock market has a fence around it.
Your stereo speakers used to belong to the Moonlight Drive-in Theater.
You own four cars and no hubcaps.
Your idea of a great Christmas present is a gift certificate to the local bail bondsman
Your boat has not left the drive-way in 15 years.
Chiggers are included on your list of top 5 hygiene concerns.
You burn your yard rather than mow it.
Your wife has ever said, "Come move this transmission so I can take a bath."
You refer to the time you won a free case of motor oil as "the day my ship came in."
You read the Auto Trader with a highlight pen.
The Salvation Army declines your mattress.
You've ever raked leaves in your kitchen.
Your entire family has ever sat around waiting for a call from the Governor to spare a loved one.
Your grandmother has ever been asked to leave the bingo hall because of her language.
Someone asks, "Where's your bowling bag?" and you answer, "She's at home with the kids."
Birds are attracted to your beard.
Your wife's job requires her to wear an orange vest.
You were shooting pool when any of your kids were born.
You have the local taxidermist's number on speed dial.
You've ever hit a deer with your car...deliberatley.
You've ever given rat traps as gifts.
You clean your fingernails with a stick.
Your coffee table used to be a cable spool.
You keep a can of RAID on the kitchen table.
You hammer bottle caps into the frame of your front door to make it look nice.
Your wife can climb a tree faster than your cat.
Your mother has "ammo" on her Christmas list.
Every socket in your house breaks a fire code.
You've totaled every car you've ever owned.
There are more than five McDonald's bags currently in the floorboard of your car.
The Home Shopping operator recognizes your voice.
There has ever been crime-scene tape on your bathroom door.
You've ever been kicked out of the zoo for heckling the monkeys.
The taillight covers of your car are made of red tape.
You think a subdivision is part of a math problem.
You've ever bathed with flea and tick soap.
You think "taking out the trash" means taking your in-laws to a movie.
Your kids take a siphon hose to "Show and Tell."
The dog catcher calls for a backup unit when visiting your house.
You've ever bought a used cap.
Your CB antenna is a danger to low-flying planes.
You pick your teeth from a catalog.
You've ever financed a tatoo.
You've ever stolen toilet paper.
People hear your car a long time before they see it.
The gas pedal on your car is shaped like a bare foot.
You prefer car keys to Q-tips.
You take a fishing pole into Sea World.
You've ever stood in line to have your picture taken with a freak of nature.
You think the French Riviera is foreign car.
You go to a stock car race and don't need a program.
You've ever filled your deer tag on the golf course.
Your toilet paper has page numbers on it.
MOTEL 6 turns off the lights when they see you coming.
You own more than three shirts with the sleeves cut off.
You've ever spray painted your girlfriend's name on an overpass.
Your mother does not remove the Marlboro from her mouth before telling the state trooper to kiss her ass.
Your pocket knife often doubles as a toothpick.
You own a denim leisure suit.
Your dog has a litter of puppies on the living room floor and nobody notices.
Your family tree does not fork.
You see no need to stop at rest stops because you have an empty milk jug in the car.
You have a rag for a gas cap.
The dog can't watch you eat without gagging.
You have a Hefty Bag for a passenger-side window.
You show your boyfriend you really love him by carving his name on your arm.
You've ever had to turn your pickup truck around because of bridge clearance restrictions.
You've ever had to scratch your sisters name out of a message that begins, "For a good time call...."
You ever hit on somebody in a V.D. clinic.
Your brother-in-law is also your uncle.
You bought a VCR because wrestling is on while your at work.
After the Prom you drove the truck while your date hit road signs with beer bottles.
Your father executes the "pull my finger" trick during Christmas dinner.
All of your four letter words are two syllables.
You've ever been too drunk to fish.
You cut your toenails in front of company.
You view the upcoming family reunion as a chance to meet women.
Your wife has a beer belly and you find it attractive.
Hitchhikers won't get in the car with you.
You've ever heard a sheep bleat and had romantic thoughts.
Your house doesn't have curtains but your truck does.
You wonder how service stations keep their restrooms so clean.
You can spit without opening your mouth.
You consider "Outdoor Life" deep reading.
You call your boss "dude".
You think a Volvo is part of a woman's anatomy.
You have grease under your toenails.
You consider your license plate personalized because your father made it.
Your mother keeps a spit cup on the ironing board.
You think Dom Perignon is a Mafia leader.
You've ever been fired from a construction job because of your appearance.
You've ever worn a tube top to a wedding.
You've ever cleaned fish in your living room.
You think Campho-Phenique is a miracle drug.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-31-2014), The Gem (03-30-2014), UDBaby (03-30-2014)
Old 03-29-2014, 11:01 PM
2nd Lieutenant

GregKohlsFan will become famous soon enoughGregKohlsFan will become famous soon enough
I don't care what their message board says. But I will say that in person they were wonderful. Met some nice folks today. Congratulated us on a great season. I thought their fans were wonderful.
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to GregKohlsFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (03-30-2014), cj (03-30-2014), cralford (03-30-2014), FLYER5 (03-30-2014), jack72 (03-30-2014), Snackman (03-30-2014), Viperstick (03-30-2014)
Old 03-29-2014, 11:37 PM
Academy Doolie

hayjim will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by GregKohlsFan View Post
I don't care what their message board says. But I will say that in person they were wonderful. Met some nice folks today. Congratulated us on a great season. I thought their fans were wonderful.
I will second that. While sitting in the hotel lobby watching second game, several Gator fans came over and paid very nice compliments to our team.
That has been the norm all over this city from locals to just basketball fans from different parts of the country here to see the games. Heartwarming.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to hayjim For This Totally Excellent Post:
cralford (03-30-2014), FLYER5 (03-30-2014), SeasonTicketFan (03-30-2014), UD Sam (03-31-2014)
Old 03-30-2014, 05:26 PM
1st Lieutenant

FORTFLYERFAN is a glorious beacon of lightFORTFLYERFAN is a glorious beacon of lightFORTFLYERFAN is a glorious beacon of lightFORTFLYERFAN is a glorious beacon of lightFORTFLYERFAN is a glorious beacon of lightFORTFLYERFAN is a glorious beacon of light
The Gator fans around us were outnumbered and kept quiet mostly. I assume they may have been feeling a little awkward. WE were very loud and they said nothing.
I witnessed nothing obnoxious. I did have a Mississippi fan next to me who drove in to watch and cheer for the SEC. After asking me numerous questions about UD & the city said he was hoping we win. He was impressed with our support from the # who traveled to Memphis.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FORTFLYERFAN For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-30-2014), SeasonTicketFan (03-30-2014)
Old 03-30-2014, 05:33 PM

Thanked 10,130 Times in 5,865 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
I love some of you guys who are criticizing the FL fans and making comments worse than theirs.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (03-30-2014), KiefaberAlum08 (03-30-2014), UD62 (03-30-2014)
Old 03-30-2014, 06:22 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,152 Times in 2,713 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Every Fl fan I talked to was nice. I made a $1 bet with an 8 year old FL fan and he gave me 11 pts. I was at the Peabody with his dad and brother just chatting at the bar. I told him I would find him after the game to collect. I did find him and I told him to keep the money and double down with a fan of the team they play next. Memphis is a great town.
Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (03-30-2014)
Old 03-30-2014, 07:19 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,692 Times in 2,511 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Florida fans were very well behaved. I sat in the club section and we had a mix of Memphis locals, UD fans and FLorida fans. They were 10 times better than the obnoxious syracuse fans.
Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (03-30-2014)
Old 03-30-2014, 09:42 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I traveled the 7 hours from Dallas with a lifelong Gator booster and his wife. Couldn't be nicer fans. I partied some with their posse and they all were very respectful and supportive of the Flyers.

Sat in the middle of the Gator fans for the Stanford game and they were screaming for Dayton all the way. If anyone on the Dayton side saw a lonely Flyer fan in the Florida Blue and Orange seating, it was me.

Not one derogatory remark about the Flyer/Gator game.
In fact we got their full attention when we didn't have an early meltdown in the first half and came back and took the lead.

Then in the second half things got real quiet after our two threes and several mumbled "these guys aren't going away".

The last push was 58-50 at the 4 minute mark and the Gator section was downright nervous as we came from 17 down and were fighting hard. The only laugher was Pierre's banked 3pt shot. And one Gator took it as a bad omen for them. There was more than one quiet "oh sh*t".

Believe me when I say the Gator fans in my area were not comfortable at all at the point of the game. My friend could hardly breathe.

At the end of the game, the Flyers got nothing but respect from the Gator fans. They were shaking my hand in the concourse as we all left.

Don't take those noodle-head posting idiots as representative of true Florida fans.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-31-2014), Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-30-2014), Runnin' Rebel (03-30-2014), SeasonTicketFan (03-30-2014), UD Sam (03-31-2014)
Old 03-31-2014, 01:10 AM
General

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,050 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
. . . Don't take those noodle-head posting idiots as representative of true Florida fans.

Boy, ain't that the truth . . .

Old 03-31-2014, 07:27 AM
2nd Lieutenant

Nashville_Flyer is a name known to allNashville_Flyer is a name known to allNashville_Flyer is a name known to allNashville_Flyer is a name known to allNashville_Flyer is a name known to allNashville_Flyer is a name known to all
Sat beside 3 Florida fans who actually went to Florida. Very nice, complimentary, and said they'd be pulling for Dayton in the future.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:15 AM

Thanked 1,650 Times in 838 Posts
Canonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond repute
Easy to be something else behind a keyboard when you don't deal with people face to face. The fans actually attending the games probably have degrees from said university. Glad to hear that the online reflection of Gator fans is not the equivalent of in person behavior. UD isn't immune to this phenomena, and this board has had me pulling my hair out at points in the not too distant past (e.g. in and around X games). We should all be thanking Chris for running a forum that Flyer fans can all be proud of. Online perceptions matter because it's the number 1 source of communication .... even if it can be a very impersonal at times.

Last edited by Canonball; 03-31-2014 at 09:18 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Canonball For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (03-31-2014), UD Sam (03-31-2014)
Old 03-31-2014, 09:51 AM

Thanked 2,207 Times in 973 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
In general, fans who shell out money for travel, hotel rooms, meals, etc for multiple nights to follow their team are pretty respectful. Someone sitting at a home with a keyboard have nothing invested. Big difference.
There is also the 3rd case of the person who only comes in for the big game. Suddenly, there is a feeling of entitlement. Sadly, some of us witnessed this from a UD fan who got into an argument with arena security and was nearly removed from the facility. Personally, I believe he should have been removed. Driving in, hitting Beale St before the game and paying too much for a ticket doesn't entitle anyone to be disrespectful.
From what I heard, many UF fans didn't travel as they were saving for Texas. Those that did travel were generally alumni and die hard fans. Most were very complementary of UD's fan support.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MrFlyerFanatic For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-31-2014), pmcmullen (03-31-2014)
Old 03-31-2014, 09:54 AM
Colonel

pmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond repute
Never tried to embed, but I think this pretty much sums it up:
www.youtube.com/embed/UE6iAjEv9dQ

Last edited by pmcmullen; 03-31-2014 at 09:57 AM..
Old 03-31-2014, 12:11 PM
Major

number21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant future
I had the opposite experience. We somehow ended up with 4 in the heart of the Fla section. They were a pretty mean and obnoxious bunch. One guy was actually threatening me and I think he got the mob mentality going. We ended up leaving those seats at half.

But to be fair a couple of Fla fans told us they were embarrased by what was being said and apologized.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:37 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I did get an earfull of how it will be if Florida ends up playing Kentucky for the 4th time this season (so far Ky is 0-3). They hate each other. Makes our Xavier relationship feel like a Catechism class.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:28 PM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
They were fine in person...for the most part...

They had the second story of a bar for their pregame on Saturday. I walked by and looked at a couple standing on the first floor in Florida gear. I simply stated, "Cute party you have there." Now most won't find this funny or smart ass, but I did...because across the street was the UD pregame...with a few thousand people packing an amphitheater. Not to mention, the street was ours. I got a kick out of it.

Some other one liners reserved for the Florida fans:

"Our 3 stars played to the level of your 4 and 5 stars"

"I'm the guy in the blue pants, you want to run your mouth, I'll be in the bar across the street."---referring to Silky O'Sullivans, where we UD fans owned it for the week...and said UD fan who made the comment had a small army of guys 6'4b 225+.

Memphis loved us. Because as SEC country, they hate the Gators.

What a run and what a good time. Hope there are a few more in my lifetime.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (03-31-2014), UDBaby (04-01-2014)
Old 03-31-2014, 08:21 PM

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
I heard many Florida fans had their Dallas tickets punched and preferred to go there instead. After the game, I got a couple gracious good games from Florida fans.

Memphis became UD south for 3-4 days. The locals really liked the business that UD brought in.

Willie and the band really made a show. They were at Graceland and up down Beale Street.
Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (03-31-2014)
Old 03-31-2014, 09:32 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,388 Times in 620 Posts
AC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond repute
A friend of mine up here who grew up in Gainesville and is a huge UF fan sent me this today. It was published before Saturday's game.

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/2...40?tc=cr&tc=ar
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to AC91 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (04-01-2014), San Diego Flyer (03-31-2014), sheg (03-31-2014), Smitty10 (03-31-2014)
Old 04-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Colonel

SC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud of
I don't have time to read through all of this thread, but wanted to share this video that I saw posted on another site. It is a TV station in Florida who didn't have the rights to show highlights of our loss in the Elite 8, so instead they recreated it. Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsatY5WJdUk
Mad Props to SC_Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (04-01-2014)