User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 04-01-2014, 09:02 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Rooting for Florida or UConn, Flyers interest.

Some have said they are rooting for Florida to win it all because losing to the eventual champs looks better for our season.

To me, this season is Elite 8 for us and our story is closed. I'm rooting for UConn to win it because they will be with us in San Juan next season and it would be cool to have a game against the defending champs.
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2014, 09:52 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Some have said they are rooting for Florida to win it all because losing to the eventual champs looks better for our season.

To me, this season is Elite 8 for us and our story is closed. I'm rooting for UConn to win it because they will be with us in San Juan next season and it would be cool to have a game against the defending champs.
I'm rooting for neither...On Wisconsin!
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (04-01-2014)
Old 04-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,603 Times in 2,849 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
UF vs UC

Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post

UConn has already beaten UF once this season.

UConn this year is very much like Dayton. Like the Flyers, the Huskies have demonstrated that they can play with and defeat anyone. Also like the Flyers, UConn can lose to teams they should beat.

The most interesting, indeed amazing, thing about UConn is the coach, Kevin Ollie. Ollie had never been a head coach at any level when he took over from Calhoun two years ago. In fact, he was an assistant coach for only two years. And, the team he inherited from Calhoun lost five of its first six players, two who were NBA lottery picks.

Starting with a group of bench players,....and one All-American PG who stayed,...Ollie's two teams have been very successful.

Ollie's life, beginning in a Watts ghetto, would make a great movie script. He is one of a kind,...everyone loves him. (I might add, Ollie's story shows that hiring a coach is pretty much of a crap shoot.)
Old 04-01-2014, 10:19 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry but with Flyers out, it is all about the $s. I am in a pool with 975 brackets. Only scenarios that I don't at least make something is UConn V Wisc. Flor beating UK gets me 2nd and $1934. My sister-in-law can win it all with Flor beating Wisc.
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Smitty10 (04-01-2014)
Old 04-01-2014, 10:38 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Sorry but with Flyers out, it is all about the $s. I am in a pool with 975 brackets. Only scenarios that I don't at least make something is UConn V Wisc. Flor beating UK gets me 2nd and $1934. My sister-in-law can win it all with Flor beating Wisc.
The only way I win money in 2 pools is UConn and KY meeting in the final. So I've got a hidden agenda here lol. But when the debate comes down to "Only the National champs could knock the Flyers out of the tourny" vs. having a chance to play the National champs next season in San Juan, I think the latter is more important.