UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-14-2015, 09:36 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Freshmen = fearless intensity

Not much could trump the performance by Mikesell last night, but what did stand out was the wholesale intensity of all the Newcomers. They made Freshmen mistakes, but it sure was not due to being timid. They were all fearless and aggressive. Sam Miller swore at himself every time he failed to make a play. Xeyrius was all in. Steve (don't need Big, there is only one Steve!) ran the floor at full gate clear into the 19th minute that he played. Impressive. Crosby was aggressive beyond what he even needed. And Cooke filled up the stat sheet in his 21 minutes. It wasn't totally efficient shooting, but he was all over the floor with 7 points, 6 rebounds, and 2 blocks.

We have a whole gaggle of ballers with the newcomers.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-14-2015), FLYER5 (11-14-2015), Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-14-2015), udstevied_D87 (11-20-2015)
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2015, 09:51 AM

Thanked 10,134 Times in 5,868 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Steve impresses big time with the way he is constantly looking to set picks and blocks out. Loved the time his guy took a three from the elbow and Steve was on him to block out even though the guy stretched him out that far. And the big time block he made and hustled ahead to receive the pass, as our guy was trapped.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:00 AM

Thanked 1,080 Times in 676 Posts
udx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant future
Agree.

Watching the game and focusing on the frosh, which was made easier because they played a good deal (thank you SEMO!), I thought that they were further evidence of some pretty good coaching and good recruiting. They fit together and fit the team. It will be fun to see them grow and develop under Archie.

I was also pleased with depth, something that is a blessed relief after last year and the daily worries with the 4 Fs -- fouls, fractures, flu, and fatigue. I would be nice to avoid those worries because of added depth.
Mad Props to udx2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (11-14-2015)
Old 11-14-2015, 11:36 AM
Captain

1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by udx2 View Post
I was also pleased with depth, something that is a blessed relief after last year and the daily worries with the 4 Fs -- fouls, fractures, flu, and fatigue. I would be nice to avoid those worries because of added depth.
I too had daily worries about 4 Fs while at UD. But I blame the ghetto for that.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to 1903 Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cityengr (11-14-2015), LI Flyer (11-14-2015), udx2 (11-14-2015)
Old 11-14-2015, 01:32 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
They all looked liked they belong. Similar to how a baby giraffe looks like it belongs on the savanna. They looked clumsy and inefficient, let's be honest. Other than the pure spectacle from Groovy Mikesell there wasn't a lot of room for another breakout perfomance. There was very little resistance from SEMO. They're a terrible team. Our boys needed that game just like a baby giraffe needs the first couple hours in order to stand. Now that they're on their feet how will they play against the Tide come Tuesday. Can they sustain and build off this win with their young rotation, or will they have to rely solely on the upperclassmen in order to win. I look for a different piece to play a vital role since 'Bama has some film on Mikesell. The player that most closely mimicked Ryan's completeness was Cooke, and I look for Charles to be that guy on Tuesday.
Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-14-2015)
Old 11-19-2015, 12:28 PM

Thanked 15,877 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
FWIW, I officiated the Wayne HS scrimmage last night and if you want to see a team bust their golden DNutz's every second they are on the basketball court, you need to see these guys play. It was 94' of in-your-face basketball. As a Wayne product, Xeyrius is well trained for UD hoops and I expect him to pick up the stats quickly.

And if Pollard doesn't get out of his funk soon, there is little doubt XW will replace him at the Roundtable.
Bonziflyer (11-19-2015), ClaytonFlyerFan (11-19-2015), dnutz77 (11-19-2015), Flyer 86 (11-19-2015), FLYER5 (11-19-2015), Gazoo (11-20-2015), Radar (11-20-2015), San Diego Flyer (11-19-2015), udstevied_D87 (11-20-2015)
Old 11-19-2015, 12:41 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice testament Rollo. We need the Wayne pipeline. They are by far the best local prep program imo. Izzo doesn't lurk there for nothing.
Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (11-19-2015)
Old 11-19-2015, 03:51 PM

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
FWIW, I officiated the Wayne HS scrimmage last night and if you want to see a team bust their golden DNutz's every second they are on the basketball court, you need to see these guys play. It was 94' of in-your-face basketball. As a Wayne product, Xeyrius is well trained for UD hoops and I expect him to pick up the stats quickly.

And if Pollard doesn't get out of his funk soon, there is little doubt XW will replace him at the Roundtable.
No comments on our new recruit from Wayne?
Mad Props to Sid Louick For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (11-19-2015)
Old 11-19-2015, 04:38 PM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sid Louick View Post
No comments on our new recruit from Wayne?
My bad...and in all honesty, I didn't pay attention to individuals since nobody had a name on their jerseys. But since you asked, I don't think he's 6'5" 220 lbs...more like 6'3ish and 200 lbs at most. Plays hard and fast...and a team player. He'll fit into UD's system.

And while he's a great athlete, the rest of the team (L'Christian Smith, etc...) are still playing football and didn't play in the scrimmage so it's hard to say much since he was surrounded by kids who will end up being bench players.

He's a playah...and we're going to like him. But he needs to develop physically. As for the team, I imagine by the time Flyin' to the Hoop gets here, Wayne will be a Top 25 team nationally. The place is more than a 'pipeline'...it's a factory.

FWIW, he has connections in Oakwood thru his church and was set up back in Oct with a date to the Oakwood Homecoming Dance. My son and his bball friends all knew who he was and Trey, from all accounts, had a great time with his new friends. All attempts to recruit him to Oakwood obviously failed.
Flyer 86 (11-19-2015), FLYER5 (11-19-2015), JimBo (11-19-2015), Sid Louick (11-19-2015), udx2 (11-19-2015)
Old 11-19-2015, 08:27 PM

Thanked 10,134 Times in 5,868 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
My bad...and in all honesty, I didn't pay attention to individuals since nobody had a name on their jerseys. But since you asked, I don't think he's 6'5" 220 lbs...more like 6'3ish and 200 lbs at most. Plays hard and fast...and a team player. He'll fit into UD's system.

And while he's a great athlete, the rest of the team (L'Christian Smith, etc...) are still playing football and didn't play in the scrimmage so it's hard to say much since he was surrounded by kids who will end up being bench players.

He's a playah...and we're going to like him. But he needs to develop physically. As for the team, I imagine by the time Flyin' to the Hoop gets here, Wayne will be a Top 25 team nationally. The place is more than a 'pipeline'...it's a factory.

FWIW, he has connections in Oakwood thru his church and was set up back in Oct with a date to the Oakwood Homecoming Dance. My son and his bball friends all knew who he was and Trey, from all accounts, had a great time with his new friends. All attempts to recruit him to Oakwood obviously failed.
Wayne is already ranked #9 preseason. Nice picture and mention of Landers.http://usatodayhss.com/2015/super-25...e-ohio-at-no-9
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (11-19-2015), LI Flyer (11-19-2015), rollo (11-19-2015), San Diego Flyer (11-20-2015)
Old 11-20-2015, 09:10 AM

I ref a real Wayne game in December...will have a full report on Sanders and L'Christian then.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:26 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,430 Times in 755 Posts
Hyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I ran into a guy who's son plays with Trey. He had nothing but great things to say about him. As much as the recruiting tools and sites are helpful, I put more weight on hearing a father of a teammate praise him. Very cool!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Hyde Park Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (11-20-2015), rollo (11-20-2015)
Old 11-20-2015, 09:34 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
I ref a real Wayne game in December...will have a full report on Sanders and L'Christian then.
you shouldn't have let that cat out of the bag...
Old 11-20-2015, 09:38 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Whatever his real height and weight are, they are proportional. He appears to have a D1 body like Crosby.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:01 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

CraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond repute
Shouldn't you recuse yourself form that game for a conflict of interest, since one team has a future Dayton player and you are the self declared king of the Dayton fan message board?
Old 11-20-2015, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by CraSch View Post
Shouldn't you recuse yourself form that game for a conflict of interest, since one team has a future Dayton player and you are the self declared king of the Dayton fan message board?
No...UD needs me there to make sure he behaves!
CraSch (11-20-2015), Flyer 86 (12-12-2015)
Old 11-21-2015, 12:37 AM
Captain

RamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud of
Agreed with Rollo. Landers isn't a centimeter over 6'3". He's still a great athlete and will fit the UD system perfectly. Keep an eye out for the PG Caldwell who is committed to BGSU. That kid is a really really nice player.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to RamodWaleskowski For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-12-2015), FLYER5 (11-21-2015)
Old 12-12-2015, 07:31 AM

Did the Wayne at B'creek JV game last night...

Landers had 27 and is a beast. Not any bigger than 6'3" but with proper training would be a great NFL linebacker. Strong (for HS), athletic (who at Wayne isn't) and aggressive. Not a great shooter, but nobody on Wayne is! Regardless, he'll be a great Flyer mainly because he'll fit perfectly into the system and pace.

Sophomore L'Christian Smith ("Blue") had 15 and is the main attraction to this team. If you want to see a natural athlete, he's the poster child. He's a 'friend' of my son thru Dayton Metro BBall and tells him that he's been offered basketball and football scholarships to most of the midwestern universities as well as UNC and Syracuse. Furthermore, I'm being told he's a better football player than basketball and will be Wayne's QB next season...and football is his future. Some schools are saying he can play both, but that's for now. Stay tuned but if insiders are right, he's going the football route.
Figgie123 (12-12-2015), San Diego Flyer (12-12-2015), Tony T 71 (12-12-2015), UDBrian (12-12-2015)
Old 12-12-2015, 08:32 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome post Rollo landers can improve his shooting at UD if he is interested.

It sounds like 'Blue' could be a future Ohio State QB.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:39 AM

Since YOU brought it up...

Originally Posted by UDBrian View Post
It sounds like 'Blue' could be a future Ohio State QB.
My reffing partner at Trotwood on Th is friends with Blue's dad and told me that he will be exactly what you said.
UDBrian (12-12-2015)
Old 12-12-2015, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by RamodWaleskowski View Post
Keep an eye out for the PG Caldwell who is committed to BGSU. That kid is a really really nice player.
He had 0 pts...0-7 shooting.

Go to www.gwocsports.com, click on 'Winter' then 'boys basketball' and you can see games scores and if you click on the score you can see the box scores, too. Here's an ugly cut/paste of the Wayne starter's stats.

Wayne

STARTERS FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
Trey Landers 12-19 1-2 2-8 6 3 9 4 3 3 0 0 27
Chazz George 4-6 0-1 0-2 1 2 3 3 4 1 1 0 8
Rodrick Caldwell 0-7 0-3 0-0 0 2 2 3 2 0 0 0 0
L'Christian Smith 6-7 0-1 3-5 2 2 4 1 0 3 1 0 15
Demond Parker 4-8 3-5 1-2 2 4 6 5 0 3 0 0 12

Last edited by rollo; 12-12-2015 at 05:01 PM..
Old 12-12-2015, 04:21 PM
1st Lieutenant

mook has a spectacular aura aboutmook has a spectacular aura aboutmook has a spectacular aura about
He had 0 pts...0-7 shooting.

Go to www.gwocsports.com, click on 'Winter' then 'boys basketball' and you can see games scores and if you click on the, you can see the box scores, too. Here's an ugly cut/paste of the Wayne starter's stats.

Wayne

STARTERS FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
Trey Landers 12-19 1-2 2-8 6 3 9 4 3 3 0 0 27
Chazz George 4-6 0-1 0-2 1 2 3 3 4 1 1 0 8
Rodrick Caldwell 0-7 0-3 0-0 0 2 2 3 2 0 0 0 0
L'Christian Smith 6-7 0-1 3-5 2 2 4 1 0 3 1 0 15
Demond Parker 4-8 3-5 1-2 2 4 6 5 0 3 0 0 12
They still won by 35= and everyone has a bad game. That being said did you see their FT% in the game? 9-21 ouch.
Old 12-12-2015, 04:30 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Dude was money vs Findlay prep last season. Not as talented as their pg who went to duke, but held his own that game.