UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-21-2015, 04:05 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
Oklahoma

Kenpom has UD losing 67-62 with a 31% chance of advancing to the sweet 16 -- this assumes a neutral court! Oklahoma # 46 best offense & #7 best defense -- the best defense we have played this year. Sooners don't turn it over much, but don't get to the foul line either.

Sooner message boards, they seem more sane than Providence.

http://ouhoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

http://www.landthieves.com/board/for...Wayman-s-House
Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (03-21-2015)
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2015, 11:19 AM

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
Some good respect by Oklahoma on their boards. They have a lot of posts about Rosevelt Chapman and want revenge 😄
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-21-2015), MrFlyerFanatic (03-21-2015)
Old 03-21-2015, 11:21 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,477 Times in 1,111 Posts
JimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond repute
So who is going to drop 41 on Oklahoma this time?
Old 03-21-2015, 11:36 AM
Captain

UD_NY is just really niceUD_NY is just really niceUD_NY is just really niceUD_NY is just really nice
A lot of respect for Dayton on the Oklahoma message boards.

Dayton is no joke. Won 27 games and has rock solid perimeter D. I say we make them play our game. But Thomas needs to come out just like he did against Albany. Rest to pound with those 6'6" 230+ Boys. And if he can do it against ex-rugby players he can do it against these guys too!
--Observant Sooner

It's amazing to think that Dayton is looking to win their 6th tournament game in the last 2 years...so no they definitely should not be taken lightly...like Jackson said..pound it inside and get their bigs in foul trouble..they have serious depth concerns
--Smart Sooner

6th tournament game in 2 years! Not many can claim that! That is such a great thing to hear.

Dayton is definitely not a team we can take lightly.
--Smart Sooner

And they have not forgotten about Roosevelt Chapman! A thread dedicated just to him:

Ain't no Roosevelt Chapman this time
we will get our REVENGE!!!
--Some Sooner

We looked like the fatigued team in 1984, hopefully tomorrow the shoe will be on the other foot.
--Some Sooner

Roosevelt Chapman. Now, there's a name OU fans would like to forget. Amazing what a player his size could do!
--Some Sooner with a good memory
Mad Props to UD_NY For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (03-21-2015)
Old 03-21-2015, 11:51 AM
Captain

1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold
And this from the ouhoops.com site administrator:

"Dayton has the type of team that can give OU fits: undersized, athletic and quick. They're a poor man's Iowa State.

Anyone who thinks some of our players had trouble staying in front of Albany's players on defense, it could be worse when we play Dayton. I'm not saying OU can't win that game. But, I don't agree with those who thought the Flyers would be a better match up than Providence. "
Old 03-21-2015, 12:17 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,563 Times in 944 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
They are a strong rebounding team. May not matter as we don't contend for many!! Will need to score efficiently so as to not allow for too many boards.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:46 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,396 Times in 713 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
And the added reality that if you score efficiently, you don't need the rebound.

Oh, shades of Roosevelt Chapman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-O9UcvSp-Q
Old 03-21-2015, 01:59 PM
Brigadier General

Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
It appears to me that UD matches up well with OU. With our momentum, the UD Arena East Crowd, the #Daytonsixth injection of offensive emotion and defensive legs/energy, and our NCAA Tourney game experience, Flyers definitely can beat Oklahoma.

UD needs to attack again, and get on the free-throw line, especially in the first half so whatever shooting woes we might endure, does not allow OU to get a substantial lead at the half. If we can get to the half leading or within five points, we have excellent chance to make "home court" atmosphere enough to closeout the game and move on to our second Sweet Sixteen in Two years.

OU is really a lot more like UD than Providence was. I see nothing about them that says they dominate UD in the paint, etc. I just don't see that...I like our chances.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Beatty Town Coach For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-21-2015), FLYER5 (03-21-2015), ruechalgrin (03-21-2015)
Old 03-21-2015, 02:04 PM

Thanked 6,163 Times in 4,196 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Lon Kruger...man, he's been around for a long while.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:29 PM
Colonel

The Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant future
I watched the OU vs. Albany Scooby Doos game. The Sooners look very beatable.
Mad Props to The Gem For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (03-21-2015)
Old 03-21-2015, 02:49 PM
Brigadier General

Right, not to underestimate Albany at all, but if OU plays like they did against Albany, we are in business.
Mad Props to Beatty Town Coach For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (03-21-2015)
Old 03-21-2015, 02:55 PM

Thanked 1,403 Times in 429 Posts
Flyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ruechalgrin View Post
Some good respect by Oklahoma on their boards. They have a lot of posts about Rosevelt Chapman and want revenge 😄
Posted via Mobile Device
Revenge for Chapman? I want revenge for Billy Tubbs!!!!
https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...,5301123&hl=en
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Al For This Totally Excellent Post:
66flyer (03-21-2015), redbengal (03-21-2015), ruechalgrin (03-21-2015)
Old 03-21-2015, 03:00 PM
Colonel

MikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
Lon Kruger...man, he's been around for a long while.
When driving home last night after the game, I heard on the radio Kruger has taken five teams to the NCAA tournament: Kansas State, Florida, Illinois, UNLV, and Oklahoma. Honestly I had forgotten about Kansas State and Florida.
Mad Props to MikeF For This Totally Excellent Post:
ud2 (03-22-2015)
Old 03-21-2015, 03:33 PM
Major

ScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud of
From OUHoops.com forum, love it

Re: Ain't no Roosevelt Chapman this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobe1 View Post
You have to be old to remember Roosevelt Chapman. Unfortunately I am….. He was a very good player, and put 41 points on OU.
I'll never forget how mad he made me when reporters asked what he thought of playing against OU's All American Wayman Tisdale and he said "We'll see who the real All American is."

Wayman scored 36. Chapman scored 41 and won the game. I guess he did show us. grrrrrrrrr....
Old 03-21-2015, 03:56 PM
Colonel

The Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant future
Nope, we don't have Velvet. We have the TruTeam.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:00 PM
Major

ScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud of
I can see Pollard turning into a Velvet like player, like a bull in a china shop kinda way
Mad Props to ScottyExpress For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-21-2015)
Old 03-21-2015, 06:39 PM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ScottyExpress View Post
I can see Pollard turning into a Velvet like player, like a bull in a china shop kinda way
Hard to criticize Pollard after his breakout season. But in addition to FT' shooting and not being the bull all the time, I'd love to see him add a pump fake. Getting blocked inside a lot more recently. That said, he's becoming one of my all-time favorite Flyers.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:48 PM
Major

Originally Posted by redbengal View Post
Hard to criticize Pollard after his breakout season. But in addition to FT' shooting and not being the bull all the time, I'd love to see him add a pump fake. Getting blocked inside a lot more recently. That said, he's becoming one of my all-time favorite Flyers.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd love a Flyer team more than the NK team who brought us "Back to Life", then came Wally/Finn/Hall who stole my heart. After that there was DMo, Sibert, Vee who left me in awe. Now we have Sibert, Pollard, Davis, Pierre, Smith who I don't have the words to express my gratitude. Is there a trend here?
Mad Props to ScottyExpress For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-22-2015)
Old 03-21-2015, 07:09 PM
Captain

1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ScottyExpress View Post
Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd love a Flyer team more than the NK team who brought us "Back to Life", then came Wally/Finn/Hall who stole my heart. After that there was DMo, Sibert, Vee who left me in awe. Now we have Sibert, Pollard, Davis, Pierre, Smith who I don't have the words to express my gratitude. Is there a trend here?
I was a soph at UD during the 1990 run, so I'm right there with you in reliving those memories. But while all of you were probably savvy enough to see this run coming, I thought 2015 would be our rebuilding year--with reinforcements coming next year. So no matter the outcome in the next week or two, my dreams are even wilder in thinking about next year...and beyond.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to 1903 Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-21-2015), FLYER5 (03-21-2015), ScottyExpress (03-21-2015)
Old 03-21-2015, 07:31 PM
Major

I think this is our year, next year may look great, but a bird in the hand..... I will not be surprised if we make the Final Four. I can say I will be VERY surprised if we don't beat Oklahoma. Soundly.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:41 PM
Just off the Jet

JRSMDO is on a distinguished road
UD vs. OU 1984

What a great game that was!

Last edited by JRSMDO; 03-21-2015 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: previously posted
Old 03-21-2015, 08:38 PM
Brigadier General

DGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond repute
We haven't, on paper, matched up with our opponent's one and twos. But top to bottom, we match up with anyone! This is a team game...bring on the Sooners.
Mad Props to DGO67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-22-2015)
Old 03-21-2015, 09:19 PM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
Thanks so much for the Velvet memories. I had forgotten about the Tubbs debacle--definitely blocked it out of my mind, lol.
I think we can beat OU, but need to keep up the intensity from the first second. No more slow starts, which are too nerve wracking. Just score early and often and let us be able to breathe for the whole game. Every team we've beaten has underestimated our guys and maybe it will happen again. The Flyer Faithful will be out in force again to inspire them to another big win. Info on their fan sites tells me they have their flaws, too, and we can exploit them.
Go Flyers! Just one more game!
Old 03-21-2015, 09:53 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,363 Times in 1,101 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer Al View Post
Revenge for Chapman? I want revenge for Billy Tubbs!!!!
https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...,5301123&hl=en
I still have nightmares about that game- seems like it was a Christmas holiday tournament in Hawaii that went real bad 151-99 with OU soundly getting revenge for 1984. Wipe the slate clean and cheer on our men. I like our chances.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to longtimefan67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-22-2015)
Old 03-21-2015, 10:30 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

mikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud of
Question

I'm an 85 grad. the st patty's day weekend of Velvet and men from 1984 still rates as one of the best weekends of of my life. Great games,parties, friends and ladies. And I only remember half of it.

i watched the video of Chapman's 41 against Oklahoma and got chills(made me feel old too).

I really like this TEAM we are watching this year. I predict this time against Oklahoma we get 41 from Davis.

18 from D. Davis and 23 from K. Davis

Last edited by mikeymo85; 03-21-2015 at 10:49 PM..
Old 03-21-2015, 10:39 PM
Captain

FlyerLiar has a spectacular aura aboutFlyerLiar has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Beatty Town Coach View Post
And the added reality that if you score efficiently, you don't need the rebound.

Although I won't ever forget that 84 game, I do like to revisit this video from time to time to relive some of those Rosey buckets. St. Patty's Day was suddenly on steroids.
Mad Props to FlyerLiar For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-22-2015)
Old 03-21-2015, 10:52 PM

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Beatty Town Coach View Post

I love the way he used the backboard.