User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-26-2017, 05:43 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
The Impact

Someone mentioned class balance on another board. I wonder if the lack of concern over class balance should have been a warning sign to the naive such as myself.

We don't really know what is going to happen with the very good and very large freshman class but Archie leaving with so many new players coming in couldn't have come at a worse time. With one or two commitments coming in you could easily ride it out. If all of the incoming players are lost UD will be scrambling. And a bad season next year will impact recruiting of the new coach.

The negative impact of Archie leaving with such a huge class coming in could equal the good times which he was responsible for

Is there any chance this can be held together by the incoming coach?
Mad Props to UDBrian For This Totally Excellent Post:
skip69 (03-27-2017)
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2017, 05:48 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
The grad transfer market for the next coach will be a way to get some immediate help and balance out the classes.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:11 PM
2nd Lieutenant

116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light
Probably still too early to tell, but assuming we lose 1 or 2 recruits yes, the grad transfer market makes sense to help balance out classes
Old 03-26-2017, 06:23 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,283 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Believe we will be very fortunate if the loss is only 1 or 2
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UD62 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-26-2017), TXFlyerFan (03-26-2017)
Old 03-26-2017, 06:52 PM
Captain

Windy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud of
I agree. We're only considering recruits We could lose a current player too. Keep in mind there with JC his mother was very instrumental in where he landed. He originally went to Bradley bc his mom wanted him close but not too close to home. Arch assured her hew would take care of him. There was a bond there. This is what made Arch special he treated these kids and their families right. I look at the McKinley Wright situation as difficult. I'm sure there was much that went on in Arch's mind when making the decision and how he addresses this with the players and recruits. The impact will be tough b/c of his style and the True Team menality. No one wants to see their general go away. I expect some defections but that's to be expected.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:01 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,128 Times in 5,864 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Windy City Flyer View Post
I agree. We're only considering recruits We could lose a current player too. Keep in mind there with JC his mother was very instrumental in where he landed. He originally went to Bradley bc his mom wanted him close but not too close to home. Arch assured her hew would take care of him. There was a bond there. This is what made Arch special he treated these kids and their families right. I look at the McKinley Wright situation as difficult. I'm sure there was much that went on in Arch's mind when making the decision and how he addresses this with the players and recruits. The impact will be tough b/c of his style and the True Team menality. No one wants to see their general go away. I expect some defections but that's to be expected.
Cunningham already sat a year, so unlikely he leaves. DD will be a senior, so somewhat unlikely. Williams would be the only big loss.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-26-2017)
Old 03-26-2017, 08:11 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
If they lose the recruits, and the current sophs it might be JC, DD and walk ons.

I don't think the A10 level schools tend to land many grad transfers. Could end up with a batch of JUCOs.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to UDDoug For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDBrian (03-27-2017)