UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 05-10-2020, 05:19 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,125 Times in 4,170 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
Ryan Bass graduated from Oakland University before he came to Dayton He was not on the 13-14 roster. We put all of our red shirts on the roster. He did not play at Oakland his senior year because of his concussions. He is on our roster one year 14-15.
Was it concussion issues? I can not remember. The Oakland coach cited Bass having personal challenges.

https://www.blackburnreview.com/2014...rounds-it-out/:

Oakland coach Greg Kampe said earlier this week Bass will not be returning to the team this season, though Bass has gotten “personal challenges back in order.” Kampe said Bass’ future will be re-evaluated this summer after Bass graduates.
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2020, 05:24 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
Was it concussion issues? I can not remember. The Oakland coach cited Bass having personal challenges.

https://www.blackburnreview.com/2014...rounds-it-out/:

Oakland coach Greg Kampe said earlier this week Bass will not be returning to the team this season, though Bass has gotten “personal challenges back in order.” Kampe said Bass’ future will be re-evaluated this summer after Bass graduates.
Yeah, I believe he had concussion issues prior to UD and picked 1 or 2 in the OOC and they shut him down
Old 05-10-2020, 05:32 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,488 Times in 763 Posts
N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by John C. View Post
I would love to get in the head of a kid that choses RI over UD. What could be the motivation in that case? Just looking at the coaches--National coach of the year vs. a guy that could get fired before you see the floor. Including last year we have been to the tournament 5 of the last 7 years. We sell out every game. There is virtually no one in front of you when you are eligible. What could he have been thinking?
I wonder the same thing as well. I can only assume that David Cox is a better storyteller than AG. Cox probably comes across like George Patton and makes you believe what you want to believe. AG is a gentleman and the honest fatherly type, that tells you the truth, as hard as that is to hear, sometimes. You're 18 years old with few solid role models in your life, trying to catch lightening in a bottle, with little to lose - who do you listen to.
Old 05-10-2020, 05:43 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,086 Times in 640 Posts
steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by N2663R View Post
I wonder the same thing as well. I can only assume that David Cox is a better storyteller than AG. Cox probably comes across like George Patton and makes you believe what you want to believe. AG is a gentleman and the honest fatherly type, that tells you the truth, as hard as that is to hear, sometimes. You're 18 years old with few solid role models in your life, trying to catch lightening in a bottle, with little to lose - who do you listen to.
if I was 18, and wanted to be part of a team,
and not just about "me".... let me ponder:

hmm

okay, done pondering... I would play for
the coach of the most efficient offense
in the nation...

I don't need someone telling me what
he WANTS to do... I want to play for
someone who DID it, who got the job done..

I would want to play for the national
coach of the year, seems to me...

Go Flyers!
Mad Props to steverino015 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Dave (05-10-2020)
Old 05-10-2020, 06:52 PM
Brigadier General

N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steverino015 View Post
if I was 18, and wanted to be part of a team,
and not just about "me".... let me ponder:

hmm

okay, done pondering... I would play for
the coach of the most efficient offense
in the nation...

I don't need someone telling me what
he WANTS to do... I want to play for
someone who DID it, who got the job done..

I would want to play for the national
coach of the year, seems to me...

Go Flyers!
I agree Steve, BUT you are too rational of a thinker. Cox is probably blowing a lot of smoke up a lot of skirts and pointing out that what AG and Obi did will never happen again. Come to RI! We'll build the team around you! You will average 20+. We will win the A10! etc, etc. And when it doesn't happen, it was the player's fault - etc. Big difference between being a prospect and a customer.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:01 PM
Brigadier General

steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by N2663R View Post
I agree Steve, BUT you are too rational of a thinker. Cox is probably blowing a lot of smoke up a lot of skirts and pointing out that what AG and Obi did will never happen again. Come to RI! We'll build the team around you! You will average 20+. We will win the A10! etc, etc. And when it doesn't happen, it was the player's fault - etc. Big difference between being a prospect and a customer.
yep, but after the dust settles it
will be interesting to see who we get...

and I have been thinking,
this shutdown may have given some
time to:

Chase Johnson perhaps?

started pondering about him,
if there is now a chance for him to return...

Go Flyers!
Old 05-10-2020, 08:33 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
Jalen, Ibi and Rodney are gone after this year. Those 7 scholarships plus the 4 guys that came in this season are the future of the program as cliche as it sounds.

There's not a single proven player on the roster outside of the senior guards. How those 7 scholarships are handled are gonna determine if the train keeps on rolling or it's a 2nd rebuild
Based on the players that just graduated, the graduates next year, and the resulting openings, the real elephant in the room is the fear that the program will slip into a "rebuild" vs. "reload" mode. Finishing #3 in the nation, the desire to stay relevant (let's say top 25)is so strong, that no news is driving people bat sh!t crazy.
Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (05-10-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 08:37 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,764 Times in 929 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Mac McClung transferring from GTown. Weren't we on him out of high school?
Old 05-13-2020, 08:55 PM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
Mac McClung transferring from GTown. Weren't we on him out of high school?
Big loss for the Hoyas, 16 ppg last year.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:16 AM
2nd Lieutenant

TN Flyer will become famous soon enough
Article on McClung

https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Bas...tream&lp=4&p=1
Old 05-14-2020, 09:23 AM

Thanked 10,133 Times in 5,867 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
It will be interesting to see whether he reenters the draft next year in his sit year, and never plays at where he transfers. If he was healthy this year, he may have been a second round pick.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:44 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Probably what we would feel like if Crutcher decided to hire an agent.
Old 05-14-2020, 10:16 AM
Captain

Flyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to all
“I’m looking for a place I can call home. A place I can be a part of a family and help them succeed.”

Sounds like a good match for the Flyers. There has been a lot of press that have noted the "Family" attitude for the team.
Old 05-15-2020, 04:04 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,038 Times in 2,599 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
UD, UCF and Arkansas Final 3 for Elijah Weaver... Middle of June Decision

https://247sports.com/college/basket...USC-147191782/
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (05-15-2020), hawkoooo (05-15-2020), Ready Action (05-15-2020), Runnin' Rebel (05-15-2020), San Diego Flyer (05-15-2020), The Fly (05-15-2020)
Old 05-15-2020, 06:27 PM
Captain

Kevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post

Looks like he has plenty of skill to get to the basket and would give us some better class balance. Not to mention would really benefit from learning the offense under Crutcher during his sit year. I’m sold
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-15-2020, 10:56 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute

I watched some of his you tube videos and he is a left handed shooter with a pretty good touch and he can get into the lane and get off his shot! If he has to sit out a year he would learn from playing against Crutcher in practice and watching him in games. His percentages at USC were not great: field goals 74/180 (41%), 26/79 on 3 pointers (33%) and 32/58 at the free throw line (55%) but he can work on and improve those numbers like Devin Scott did.
Old 05-16-2020, 07:54 AM
Captain

Southwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer View Post
I watched some of his you tube videos and he is a left handed shooter with a pretty good touch and he can get into the lane and get off his shot! If he has to sit out a year he would learn from playing against Crutcher in practice and watching him in games. His percentages at USC were not great: field goals 74/180 (41%), 26/79 on 3 pointers (33%) and 32/58 at the free throw line (55%) but he can work on and improve those numbers like Devin Scott did.
55% from FT Line? Hard to get excited about that. Guards who can’t shoot free throws, can’t be in close game at crunch time. Maybe he can improve...significantly.
Mad Props to Southwest For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (05-16-2020)
Old 05-16-2020, 10:01 AM
Academy Doolie

Boroflyerfan01 is just really niceBoroflyerfan01 is just really niceBoroflyerfan01 is just really niceBoroflyerfan01 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Southwest View Post
55% from FT Line? Hard to get excited about that. Guards who can’t shoot free throws, can’t be in close game at crunch time. Maybe he can improve...significantly.
The shooting numbers may not be pretty but I think he would be very good in the flyer uniform as he fits Grant’s system very well. He’s a legit 6’6” PG who is a very good passer and I watched a couple USC games last year and remembered how good his defense was especially against first round pick Nico Manion. Also, his freshman free throw percentage was 76% so I wouldn’t get too worked up about that 55% number this past year. Go Flyers!
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Boroflyerfan01 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (05-16-2020), udflyerfan (05-16-2020)
Old 05-16-2020, 02:50 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
He’s from the Tampa area and AG, Brett Comer and Darren Hertz all have significant Florida ties so that could help.

Recruiting pedigree wise he’d be one of the highest ranked guys to end up at UD. He was ranked 58th by Rivals, 45 by 247 & 37th by ESPN out of high school

An experienced ball handler as a true PG or the Chatman combo role would be a plus for a new backcourt
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (05-16-2020), Glen Clark (05-16-2020)
Old 05-16-2020, 03:33 PM
Brigadier General

hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Hard not to like the situation at UD if you are a guard transfer. You get to go up against arguably the best back court in the country in practice for a year while you sit out. Then you have a chance to start alongside Cohill when you're eligible.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:41 PM

Thanked 2,378 Times in 810 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
The other thing to keep in mind is the size of our backcourt with Weaver in the mix. Cohill is just 6-2, but he could be paired up with Frazier (6-4) or Brea (6-5), too. Not many guard tandems have that kind of height.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:54 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Kevinob15 View Post
Looks like he has plenty of skill to get to the basket and would give us some better class balance. Not to mention would really benefit from learning the offense under Crutcher during his sit year. I’m sold
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah baby- got to the basket about twice a game. Played pretty good minutes but wasn’t very productive. USC is lost virtually all their scoring and he wants to leave. Seems odd.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-17-2020, 09:55 AM
Captain

Kevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
Yeah baby- got to the basket about twice a game. Played pretty good minutes but wasn’t very productive. USC is lost virtually all their scoring and he wants to leave. Seems odd.
Posted via Mobile Device
“Has the skill to get to the basket” - obviously he wasn’t the go to scoring threat. I want a guard who will facilitate but can score and get to the basket if he needs to ie. Scoochie and Crutcher
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-17-2020, 10:03 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,608 Times in 694 Posts
Monster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Miserable dog, Why do you feel the need to pick apart any potential transfer player? Weaver was highly rated out of high school and would be a great addition to our program. Sometimes good players just need a change of scenery. Maybe you’ve forgotten, but Jordan Sibert and Ibi Watson didn’t have much success at OSU or Michigan before transferring to Dayton. By the way, most of your posts seem odd.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Monster Man For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Dave (05-17-2020), GoFlyer (05-18-2020), longtimefan (05-17-2020), udflyerfan (05-17-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 10:38 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Columbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond repute
I don't get the appeal of Arkansas. Musselman is an interesting coach, #23 offense, but hard to crack SEC elite.

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=14028&s=309912

Who *haven't* they contacted?

"Arkansas contacted East Tennessee St. transfer Bo Hodges. Hodges is the 59th transfer that the staff has contacted."
Old 05-17-2020, 12:26 PM
General

Weaver shot 76% from the line as a freshman and 35.5 from 3 playing about 20 minutes a game as a freshman. I would think with the sit out year and some work on skill development the shooting wouldn't be an issue.

More production than Vee Sanford, Jordan or Ibi had at their first stops
BeckysTXA (05-17-2020), Flyer 86 (05-19-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 12:34 PM
General

Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
The other thing to keep in mind is the size of our backcourt with Weaver in the mix. Cohill is just 6-2, but he could be paired up with Frazier (6-4) or Brea (6-5), too. Not many guard tandems have that kind of height.
Blackney too I've seen listed anywhere from 6'3 to 6'6

Looking at the guys they've signed and the ones they have recruited they seem to really be after these bigger versatile guards.

Weaver fits right into that. Bigger guard who can defend multiple positions per his high school scouting report with some PG skills
Old 05-17-2020, 01:06 PM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Columbia Blue View Post
I don't get the appeal of Arkansas. Musselman is an interesting coach, #23 offense, but hard to crack SEC elite.

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=14028&s=309912

Who *haven't* they contacted?

"Arkansas contacted East Tennessee St. transfer Bo Hodges. Hodges is the 59th transfer that the staff has contacted."
Arkansas fills their arena, they are in a great college town, they have a history of some great teams, and unlike us, they play in a good conference.

Mussleman was a head coach in the NBA, and put together that great team of transfers at Nevada.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:31 PM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Monster Man View Post
Miserable dog, Why do you feel the need to pick apart any potential transfer player? Weaver was highly rated out of high school and would be a great addition to our program. Sometimes good players just need a change of scenery. Maybe you’ve forgotten, but Jordan Sibert and Ibi Watson didn’t have much success at OSU or Michigan before transferring to Dayton. By the way, most of your posts seem odd.
He would have complained about Sibert too. How'd that work out?
Old 05-17-2020, 01:32 PM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Blackney too I've seen listed anywhere from 6'3 to 6'6

Looking at the guys they've signed and the ones they have recruited they seem to really be after these bigger versatile guards.

Weaver fits right into that. Bigger guard who can defend multiple positions per his high school scouting report with some PG skills
Anyone who listed Blakney at 6-3 must have used his height from when he was a Fr or So.
Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-19-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 04:54 PM
General of the Air Force

lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Something to pay attention... Green Bay just surprisingly fired their coach Linc Darner

Trotwood Madison Alum 6’3” Guard Amari Davis was named Horizon League freshman of the year

There was interest in him from UD but an offer never came... Does he enter the portal?
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
springborofan (05-17-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 06:01 PM
Brigadier General

Just some numbers

since we have no news:

There are 905 names in the transfer portal and 346 D1 basketball schools. So lets call the average transfers per team - 3.

A10 -
UD - 1
Davisdson - 1
Duqusne - 5
Fordham - 1
GM - 3
GW - 5
LaSalle - 1
UMASS - 5
RI - 5
Richmond - 2
St Joe's - 2
SLU - 2
Bonnies - 3
VCU - 1

Holy Cross & UAB - 8 (most) A lot more 5-6-7 transfer teams than you might think.

Not sure what this all means other than I am bored of no news.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to N2663R For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (05-18-2020), San Diego Flyer (05-17-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 06:09 PM
Lieutenant General

maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
He would have complained about Sibert too. How'd that work out?
Seibert and others didn’t play much at their prior schools. This kid played a bunch,, got his shot and didn’t do much. And USC is losing almost all their scoring . Something seems odd there. And you can have his big high school rating - apparently that didn’t result in PAC 12 schools being so awed as to allow him to be of any real consequence.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-17-2020, 06:25 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Monster Man View Post
Not supporting the dog here, but the flip side of this are the string of posts by members..."I watched his youtube highlights, and he's a stud...etc, etc". Not sure what qualifies someone on the board to be an authority, but there's no loss of volunteers.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:31 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,858 Times in 719 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
His drop in performance could just as easily be nagging injury/playing out of position due to need, and maybe he's leaving because he was recruited over.

He's a former top recruit who needs a change in scenery. That's been a winning scenario before.

AG and staff have vetted him if they offered. They have given us absolutely no reason to question their recruiting so far.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to sheg For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (05-18-2020), Glen Clark (05-20-2020), JimBo (05-18-2020), Marysville Flyer (05-17-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 10:09 PM

Something to pay attention... Green Bay just surprisingly fired their coach Linc Darner

Trotwood Madison Alum 6’3” Guard Amari Davis was named Horizon League freshman of the year

There was interest in him from UD but an offer never came... Does he enter the portal?
Posted via Mobile Device
I think I remember seeing him play in the Ohio high school d1 final 1? or 2? years ago, he looked real good in that game, I was very surprised that he did not have more, bigger offers.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:37 PM
Captain

EliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud of
I think I remember seeing him play in the Ohio high school d1 final 1? or 2? years ago, he looked real good in that game, I was very surprised that he did not have more, bigger offers.
I like Amari and I hope he does well but think the transfer portal is calling. Averaged 15.9 ppg but didn't make a single three all season (0-8). Not sure a 6'3 guard that doesn't shoot and make threes fits in CAGs system.

I'd love to get a Dayton kid home especially one who can fill it up but not sure this is a great fit if he won't/can't shoot. A year can do wonders for shooting development
Old 05-18-2020, 05:21 AM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EliteEight View Post
I like Amari and I hope he does well but think the transfer portal is calling. Averaged 15.9 ppg but didn't make a single three all season (0-8). Not sure a 6'3 guard that doesn't shoot and make threes fits in CAGs system.

I'd love to get a Dayton kid home especially one who can fill it up but not sure this is a great fit if he won't/can't shoot. A year can do wonders for shooting development
London Warren was not three-point shooter, but he certainly made his mark with the program.
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
Clear Prop (05-18-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 07:18 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute

16 pts per game as a freshman is impressive and then you factor in none of those were 3s. Under AGs system several guys have improved their 3 pt scoring starting with Obi. Not hard to get to 20+ if you can hit some 3s.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:46 AM
General of the Air Force

Elijah Weaver talks

https://247sports.com/college/dayton...UCF-147234913/

Dayton: “Dayton is very consistent. It’s a great situation in my opinion. I have a great relationship with Anthony Grant and coach [Ricardo] Greer, and the offensive style fits me.”

Central Florida: “UCF is also consistent. They don’t believe they have a chance with me in my opinion, but I’m actually interested in that program. Coach [Johnny] Dawkins is my guy, we have a great relationship.”

Arkansas: “Arkansas and coach [Anthony] Ruta, and [Eric] Musselman are very consistent. I like the program and the opportunity at Arkansas.”

Weaver told 247Sports he’s not in a rush to make his college choice, although is potentially looking to have a decision by mid-June.

“Best fit honestly I’m going to talk it over with the people who are helping me and decide that,” Weaver said.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:50 AM

It sounds like he may not be a good outside shooter, so that may explain why he did not have more offers. But, from what I saw, he really knows how to score, and he plays hard, he looked real good, I like him, I'd want him on my team.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:53 AM
Colonel

pmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond repute
London Warren, Kyle Davis, Edwin Young, etc, etc. We've had a few good guards in relatively recent time that haven't been much of an outside threat, but that certainly contributed in other ways. Many were very good defenders that could lock down another hot shot guard, and/or very good floor generals.
Old 05-18-2020, 12:03 PM
1st Lieutenant

KC Flyer is a jewel in the roughKC Flyer is a jewel in the roughKC Flyer is a jewel in the rough
I know nothing about Amari or Green Bay's style of play, but its hard to get 28 mins as a guard and only average 1.5 assist and not hit a 3 all year. While putting up nearly 16 ppg so he had the ball a lot. Very strange season stat line for a 6'3" guard.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to KC Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (05-18-2020), jack72 (05-18-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 12:46 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by pmcmullen View Post
London Warren, Kyle Davis, Edwin Young, etc, etc. We've had a few good guards in relatively recent time that haven't been much of an outside threat, but that certainly contributed in other ways. Many were very good defenders that could lock down another hot shot guard, and/or very good floor generals.
Kyle actually shot 34% in one season and 40% in his senior season. He only had one really bad year (22%). Career 31%.

For comparison Mikesell is a career 31% 3-pt. shooter as well.
Mad Props to hawkoooo For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (05-18-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 01:23 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Is there a break down on 3pt % from different parts of the courts? I'm sure the coaching staffs have that stuff, but it seems like Archie's key to improving 3pt% was to have them start out in the corners (slightly closer) then move around the arc as they progressed. Kyle became pretty efficient from that corner 3pter near the end of his career.

Mikesell was perhaps the most consistent 3 pt shooter in the history of the school (after ignoring the guys like London Warren who were always bad at it) he was 33%, 33%, 33% then whatever he was last year (something less). I have little doubt he would have finished strong and ended his senior year at 33% just like all the other years.

Not horrible, but not great, very weirdly consistent.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:49 PM

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Archie’s coaching staff had an interest in him. Not sure if Anthony’s staff ever looked at him.

I saw him play in high school and college. He is a very good and unique player. He is a very quick slasher who has a really good mid range jump shot. Mid range jumpers are out of favor now. Not sure why he did not shoot 3s in college.

Green Bay played a run and gun system with very little defense. Amari would score in bunches and quickly. Just like he did at Trotwood. He was runner up Mr. Basketball. I can’t recall anything good about his defense.

Has Amari entered the portal?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-19-2020), ud2 (05-18-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 03:38 PM
Colonel

CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Amari Davis name hasn't entered the transfer portal yet!
Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (05-18-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 07:27 PM
General

Elijah Weaver talks

Dayton: “Dayton is very consistent. It’s a great situation in my opinion. I have a great relationship with Anthony Grant and coach [Ricardo] Greer, and the offensive style fits me.”

Central Florida: “UCF is also consistent. They don’t believe they have a chance with me in my opinion, but I’m actually interested in that program. Coach [Johnny] Dawkins is my guy, we have a great relationship.”

Arkansas: “Arkansas and coach [Anthony] Ruta, and [Eric] Musselman are very consistent. I like the program and the opportunity at Arkansas.”

Weaver told 247Sports he’s not in a rush to make his college choice, although is potentially looking to have a decision by mid-June.

“Best fit honestly I’m going to talk it over with the people who are helping me and decide that,” Weaver said.
interesting
Flyer 86 (05-19-2020), steverino015 (05-20-2020)
Old 05-19-2020, 09:30 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Medford View Post
Is there a break down on 3pt % from different parts of the courts? I'm sure the coaching staffs have that stuff, but it seems like Archie's key to improving 3pt% was to have them start out in the corners (slightly closer) then move around the arc as they progressed. Kyle became pretty efficient from that corner 3pter near the end of his career.

Mikesell was perhaps the most consistent 3 pt shooter in the history of the school (after ignoring the guys like London Warren who were always bad at it) he was 33%, 33%, 33% then whatever he was last year (something less). I have little doubt he would have finished strong and ended his senior year at 33% just like all the other years.

Not horrible, but not great, very weirdly consistent.

26% last year and a horrible 18% in conference making only 8 of 44. Not sure what you are saying regarding “ little doubt” about ending his senior year at 33%
He was getting worse not better . He averaged 2.3pt shots a game. Maybe we’d have played 6 more games? If he could just go from 18% to 70% he’d be right there!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-19-2020, 10:04 AM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
My Lord, take a break from the negative nellie persona and have a little fun every once in a while. I only said that because he was almost so consistently @ 33% the prior 3 years. Besides the fact that its all and fun and can't be proven what he would have or wouldn't have done if the season had ended like normal, just learn to have fun and dream every once in awhile. Stop gas lighting everyone on this forum; the act is tired.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (05-19-2020), Flyer Dave (05-19-2020), GoFlyer (05-19-2020), UDGutter2 (05-19-2020)
Old 05-19-2020, 11:08 AM
Captain

shwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant future
My Lord, take a break from the negative nellie persona and have a little fun every once in a while. I only said that because he was almost so consistently @ 33% the prior 3 years. Besides the fact that its all and fun and can't be proven what he would have or wouldn't have done if the season had ended like normal, just learn to have fun and dream every once in awhile. Stop gas lighting everyone on this forum; the act is tired.

Honestly, you posted something wrong and inaccurate. You'll get 'thanks' because everyone hates maddog, but what you said really made no sense. He was horrible for a large portion of his senior year and there was 0% chance of him finishing near 33%.
Mad Props to shwag33 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Jeff (05-19-2020)
Old 05-19-2020, 01:14 PM

San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Seems like our kind of player

Elijah Weaver talks

This player sounds like a Dayton/ Grant type of guy. More cerebral and thoughtful than others. I also like the age and experience he has had. Could be a win/win for both UD and player. Mid June is not that far off, hope it all ends well for us.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:47 PM
Captain

AZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud of
Can we just talk about transfers on this thread? The bickering old ladies should leave the thread and tune into "The View". Such drama queens.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to AZFlyer85 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (05-19-2020), UDGutter2 (05-19-2020)
Old 05-19-2020, 03:09 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
This player sounds like a Dayton/ Grant type of guy. More cerebral and thoughtful than others. I also like the age and experience he has had. Could be a win/win for both UD and player. Mid June is not that far off, hope it all ends well for us.
I certainly hope we get him. I heard one of the AR boards thought he was theirs to lose. Then I found this one where some posters weren't that high on him. Hope he reads it. https://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=714366
Old 05-19-2020, 05:39 PM
Lieutenant General

You criticize, but can’t take it. You didn’t post your inane comment under “fun”. Sure there’s no proof that he’d go from shooting 18% to 70, but what are the odds. That’s your argument? He could just as likely shoot worse. Gas Lighting?? Wow! Are you sure you understand the term.

One of the hallmarks of UD fans is being knowledgeable. Comments like yours undermine that and I felt compelled to challenge them. Sorry if I offended your apparently delicate psyche!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-20-2020, 03:14 AM
Brigadier General

who do we think are top 5 or so
transfer opportunities for UD?

perhaps this can help steer the thread
back on track...

Go Flyers!

Last edited by steverino015; 05-20-2020 at 09:04 AM..
RuffReitrUD (05-20-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 07:52 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
That Elijah Weaver / UCF comment is one of the weirdest things I've seen a guy say publicly about a school. I feel like he's leaning there, just based on that.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:20 AM

Why is Weaver taking a month to decide? Maybe just in no hurry because life has slowed down. Maybe looking for a bigger offer.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:23 AM

One small reason I would wait would be to see what Crutcher is going to do.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:23 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Why is Weaver taking a month to decide? Maybe just in no hurry because life has slowed down. Maybe looking for a bigger offer.
Probably no rush, but I have a feeling he is looking/waiting for/at NBA Decisions for some players
Old 05-20-2020, 10:55 AM

One small reason I would wait would be to see what Crutcher is going to do.
Weaver has to sit a year.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:26 AM

Well that's a buzz killer for sure, but apparently it isn't slowing Grant or Weaver down. Coach is putting the puzzle together for the future, and Weaver would practice with Crutcher. Still in all, nobody is guaranteeing a basketball season this year, so everything could change, and change a lot.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (05-20-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 01:04 PM
General of the Air Force

Amari Davis announces he's not entering the portal and will indeed stay at GB

I'm actually a little surprised ha but good for the kid sticking with that program

Last edited by lhsgolf19; 05-20-2020 at 01:09 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (05-20-2020), SeasonTicketFan (05-20-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 01:25 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
That Elijah Weaver / UCF comment is one of the weirdest things I've seen a guy say publicly about a school. I feel like he's leaning there, just based on that.
I know!!

it was like: they don't think they have a chance..
but they do, belieeve you me...

that was my take too,
hopefully we have a good chance,
but just unsure also..

Go Flyers!
Old 05-20-2020, 01:43 PM
General

Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
My read was that they think he's an Arkansas or Dayton lean and going after him wasn't worth a big time investment
Old 05-20-2020, 02:06 PM

BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
My read was that they think he's an Arkansas or Dayton lean and going after him wasn't worth a big time investment
In all 3 comments he compliments the coaches. In all three he says the program is consistent. I’m not sure what that means. Is it consistent in reaching out to him to make sure he knows he is a recruit priority at the school? Or is the program consistent in performance, ie getting to the NCAAs? Or something else?

But only once does he say he fits the offensive system/style.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (05-20-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 02:08 PM
General

Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
In all 3 comments he compliments the coaches. In all three he says the program is consistent. I’m not sure what that means. Is it consistent in reaching out to him to make sure he knows he is a recruit priority at the school? Or is the program consistent in performance, ie getting to the NCAAs? Or something else?

But only once does he say he fits the offensive system/style.
good catch on the system
Old 05-20-2020, 06:26 PM
Captain

EliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud of
Anyone think that Mac Mcclung's decision may have an impact on Weaver? Mac just announced his top 7 today and Arkansas is in it.

I'd like to believe we're in the forefront for Weaver.
Mad Props to EliteEight For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (05-20-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 06:27 PM
Captain

Anyone think that Mac Mcclung's decision may have an impact on Weaver? Mac just announced his top 7 today and Arkansas is in it.

I'd like to believe we're in the forefront for Weaver.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:47 PM
Brigadier General

Based on Mac's list it doesn't look like we showed interest. I agree with E8, his interest in Arkansas can only help us.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:47 PM
General

Arkansas like Nevada when Muss was there casts a wide net with transfers. Not sure their scholarship situation but they loved to bring a bunch in at a time at Nevada
Old 05-20-2020, 11:05 PM

Arkansas like Nevada when Muss was there casts a wide net with transfers. Not sure their scholarship situation but they loved to bring a bunch in at a time at Nevada
http://verbalcommits.com/schools/arkansas says that all 13 are spoken for...but, things can change: the NBA draft, somebody transfers out, etc.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:20 PM

The comments indicate that Isaiah Joe may be NBA-bound. Joe is #49 on the Big Board at nbadraft.net.

https://www.nbadraft.net/ranking/bigboard/
Old 05-20-2020, 11:58 PM
General

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,050 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Originally Posted by OCFlyer85 View Post
Can we just talk about transfers on this thread? The bickering old ladies should leave the thread and tune into "The View". Such drama queens.

Why you mean to old ladies like that?

Lifelong Flyer Fan (05-21-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 08:04 AM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
The comments indicate that Isaiah Joe may be NBA-bound. Joe is #49 on the Big Board at nbadraft.net.

https://www.nbadraft.net/ranking/bigboard/

The more recent mock drafts have Isaiah Joe still ranging from 46 to undrafted. He has not hired an agent so declaring seems exploratory.

https://247sports.com/college/arkans...man-146870417/

All players must decide by June 3rd so any transfer saying mid-June is likely watching someone's draft status.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Bucketnight For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (05-21-2020), ud2 (05-21-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bucketnight View Post
The more recent mock drafts have Isaiah Joe still ranging from 46 to undrafted. He has not hired an agent so declaring seems exploratory.

https://247sports.com/college/arkans...man-146870417/

All players must decide by June 3rd so any transfer saying mid-June is likely watching someone's draft status.
The NBA postponed the June 3rd date about a week ago, and has not announced a new withdrawal date.

I agree, Joe is probably not getting drafted, and returning to AR.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bucketnight (05-21-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 10:07 AM

The as expected turn down of the immediate play for transfers will have some effect on some big name transfers.

Per CBS Sports, "While Wednesday's vote may have been the expected outcome, it will almost certainly bring a fallout for college basketball programs, in particular. Kentucky, for example, secured a commitment from Wake Forest transfer Olivier Sarr earlier this month. If eligible, the 7-footer projects to be the Wildcats' starting center in the 2020-21 season.

However, Sarr told ESPN "there's no way" that he would sit out a season. Wednesday's decision by the Division I Council means Sarr will now have to secure a waiver if he's going to be eligible next season; without a waiver, the Wildcats risk losing him to the professional ranks."

Not sure any of the transfers have a real option to turn pro other than the G League or Europe.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (05-21-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 11:45 AM

2-3 months ago everyone was saying this was going to pass. I think some guys jumped into the portal counting on that. Welcome to the real world when it hits you everyone isn’t rolling over to accommodate what you want.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bill McPeek (05-21-2020), Clear Prop (05-21-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 09:57 PM
General of the Air Force

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein

UNLV transfer Donnie Tillman tells me he's receiving interest from the following programs:

Dayton
Rutgers
New Mexico State
South Alabama
Eastern Michigan
GCU
VCU
Maryland
Buffalo
Akron
Old 05-22-2020, 12:36 AM

Thanked 3,138 Times in 795 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
I am surprised we are showing interest. To say he is a poor shooter would be a compliment. 38% overall and 29% from three. OMG, I am starting to sound like maddog.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:17 AM
Captain

soccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to behold
His Sophomore season at Utah he shot 44% from the field 36% from 3 and 78% from the free throw line , maybe just a down year with UNLV , but was highly rated out of high school !
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to soccergod For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (05-22-2020)
Old 05-22-2020, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by soccergod View Post
His Sophomore season at Utah he shot 44% from the field 36% from 3 and 78% from the free throw line , maybe just a down year with UNLV , but was highly rated out of high school !
Posted via Mobile Device
Generally, when the stats of a player are that severe from year to year, there is a lot more going on in his life besides basketball. And that goes for the basketball program as well.

Our staff can get to the root causes. Much of what goes on never hits the airwaves.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (05-22-2020), CvilleFlyer (05-22-2020), jack72 (05-22-2020)
Old 05-22-2020, 12:13 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Generally, when the stats of a player are that severe from year to year, there is a lot more going on in his life besides basketball. And that goes for the basketball program as well.

Our staff can get to the root causes. Much of what goes on never hits the airwaves.
Looks like he could have simply been uncomfortable at UNLV, as he had better stats in his first 2 years at Utah (against, supposedly, better competition in the PAC-12). Whether that was the system they ran or the environment in which he was placed (Viva Las Vegas vs. Mormonville USA), I don’t know.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-22-2020, 01:07 PM

Is Tillman a sit one, play one or a grad transfer?
Old 05-22-2020, 01:12 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Is Tillman a sit one, play one or a grad transfer?
Sit 1 Play 1 I believe... But he's trying to become immediately eligible
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (05-22-2020)
Old 05-22-2020, 01:12 PM
General of the Air Force

Looks like Elijah Weaver is announcing June 1

Elijah Weaver
@___ewr
·
3m
1st Of The Month ✍��
Old 05-22-2020, 01:33 PM
Major

flyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant future
Justin Smith, a 6'7" forward from Indiana, will graduate and transfer for his final season. He averaged 10 points and 5 boards a game last year. He's long and athletic, a former top-100 recruit and graduated from IU's strong business school in three years.

A couple quotes from Osterman, the IndyStar's IU beat writer:

"He was also Indiana’s best on-ball defender at his size, able to guard smaller when necessary or stretch his 6-7 frame out to cover the kinds of wing scorers that can control games in modern college basketball."

"He was as laterally and vertically explosive as anyone his size on IU’s roster."

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...er/5243741002/

Seems like a pretty big longshot for UD, but you could slot him right in and expect him to produce on day one. He'd likely fill some combination role primarily served by Landers and Mikesell; not sure you'd want him guarding centers regularly, but he'd be huge for the program.

Last edited by flyer016; 05-22-2020 at 02:01 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to flyer016 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (05-22-2020), jack72 (05-22-2020)
Old 05-22-2020, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by flyer016 View Post
Justin Smith, a 6'7" forward from Indiana, will graduate and transfer for his final season. He averaged 10 points and 5 boards a game last year. He's long and athletic, a former top-100 recruit and graduated from IU's strong business school in three years.

"He was also Indiana’s best on-ball defender at his size, able to guard smaller when necessary or stretch his 6-7 frame out to cover the kinds of wing scorers that can control games in modern college basketball."

"He was as laterally and vertically explosive as anyone his size on IU’s roster."

Seems like a pretty big longshot for UD, but you could slot him right in and expect him to produce on day one. He'd likely fill some combination role primarily served by Landers and Mikesell; not sure you'd want him guarding centers regularly, but he'd be huge for the program.
I saw Smith play several times during the last couple of years. Excellent player. He would be a perfect Mikesell replacement.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:33 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyer016 View Post

You don’t suppose his previous coach would throw a bone to the coach’s previous employer, do you? Probably not, but I had to ask.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-23-2020, 11:00 AM
General

At this point UD might have some advantage with other teams already signing transfers/juco/high school guys and some spots filling up
Old 05-23-2020, 12:13 PM
Colonel

I watched Justin Smith's youtube videos and was impressed but you have to keep in mind that they always are biased with the best plays all spliced together! One video had his top 10 plays from the 2019-20 season. He has plenty of hops and likes to dunk. Many alley-oops from Crutcher would continue to be part of our offense!

What I learned was that Justin, as a thin as a rail sophomore at Lincolnshire Stevenson HS, won an Illinois State title (30-3) and was the only non-senior starter and excelled alongside All American PG Jalen Brunson (Villanova). He has bulked up and would be a welcome addition if Chase Johnson doesn't return. I hope Archie puts in a good word!

Last edited by CvilleFlyer; 05-23-2020 at 12:27 PM..
Old 05-23-2020, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer View Post
I watched Justin Smith's youtube videos and was impressed but you have to keep in mind that they always are biased with the best plays all spliced together! One video had his top 10 plays from the 2019-20 season. He went for a season high 23 pts in a home game against Michigan State. He has plenty of hops and likes to dunk. Many alley-oops from Crutcher would continue to be part of our offense!

What I learned was that Justin, as a thin as a rail sophomore at Lincolnshire Stevenson HS, won an Illinois State title (30-3) and was the only non-senior starter and excelled alongside All American PG Jalen Brunson (Villanova). He has bulked up and would be a welcome addition if Chase Johnson doesn't return. I hope Archie puts in a good word!
Ally-oops from Crutcher has to be appealing to all parties. I read the clip on ESPN and he and Archie seem to be in good shape. Apparently a 5-star player reclassified into 2020 and that created the back log. AM was 100% supportive so I think he would tell him Dayton is a great place and program.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (05-24-2020), OSU Flyer (05-23-2020), steverino015 (05-23-2020)
Old 05-23-2020, 05:09 PM
General

@jeffborzello
·
7m
Indiana grad transfer Justin Smith tells ESPN he’s heard from:

Illinois
Georgetown
Iowa State
Northwestern
Purdue
Maryland
Mississippi State
Arkansas
DePaul
Notre Dame
Oregon
Xavier
Boston College
Arizona State
Wake Forest
Tulsa
New Mexico
Nevada
NC State
Virginia Tech
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (05-23-2020)
Old 05-23-2020, 10:18 PM
Captain

Musselman will literally go after any player that can play a bit and puts their name in the transfer portal. I mean it's just ridiculous. I wonder what his staff is like on the recruiting trail? I can just imagine them offering every promising 14 year old.
Old 05-24-2020, 12:52 AM
Colonel

Can't believe Dayton is not on that list of 20 schools that Justin Smith has heard from!
Old 05-24-2020, 04:21 AM
Brigadier General

the article said that he had heard
from dozens of colleges....

that would mean at least 2 or more dozen...

he very well may of heard
from us

Go Flyers!
jack72 (05-24-2020)
Old 05-24-2020, 09:05 AM

@jeffborzello
·
7m
Indiana grad transfer Justin Smith tells ESPN he’s heard from:

Illinois
Georgetown
Iowa State
Northwestern
Purdue
Maryland
Mississippi State
Arkansas
DePaul
Notre Dame
Oregon
Xavier
Boston College
Arizona State
Wake Forest
Tulsa
New Mexico
Nevada
NC State
Virginia Tech
Can't wait for him to cut the list to his top 16. What an event that will be.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-30-2020)
Old 05-24-2020, 09:44 AM
General of the Air Force

jake lieberman
@jakelieberman2
·
10h

Don't want to speculate that much, but is Elijah Weaver headed to #Dayton? He commented on a post saying "us" referring to the cleanest jerseys in the A10. So, will we see him in a #Flyer uniform? @___ewr

https://twitter.com/jakelieberman2/s...104928256?s=20

Hmm
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (05-24-2020), EliteEight (05-24-2020), Flyer Al (05-24-2020), flyer016 (05-24-2020), jack72 (05-24-2020), OSU Flyer (05-24-2020), steverino015 (05-24-2020)
Old 05-24-2020, 09:59 PM
General of the Air Force

Elijah now announcing tomorrow on his IG Live... Not sure of the time
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (05-25-2020), EliteEight (05-24-2020), flyer016 (05-24-2020), Glen Clark (05-24-2020)
Old 05-24-2020, 10:54 PM
Captain

Elijah now announcing tomorrow on his IG Live... Not sure of the time
Funny how this happens? Feeling pretty good but we will know for sure tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/CbbAce/status/12...760257024?s=19