Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-13-2008, 09:32 PM
1st Lieutenant

UDGRIZZ2010 has a spectacular aura aboutUDGRIZZ2010 has a spectacular aura aboutUDGRIZZ2010 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up ESPN Rankings

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recru...choolId%3d2168 [/URL][/HTML]

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recru...choolId%3d2168

Staten listed as 95 rank and payne as 97 and Markus Kennedy, who is also considering as a 90. Staten and Payne listed on top 60 players in nation for 2010 class.
Payne is listed as 25 and Staten as 51
Mad Props to UDGRIZZ2010 For This Totally Excellent Post:
bobber (11-13-2008)
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2008, 08:53 AM
General

Thanked 5,455 Times in 2,384 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
95 is a big number. . . THIS is the reason we have to continue to live with BG's mistakes as a young head coach.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
IAFlyer (11-14-2008), San Diego Flyer (11-14-2008), UDBrian (11-14-2008), UDGRIZZ2010 (11-14-2008)
Old 11-14-2008, 10:15 AM
General

Thanked 4,539 Times in 2,056 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
9th best pg

Staten listed as ninth best point guard in the class of 2010 . . . awesome!
Old 11-14-2008, 01:11 PM
1st Lieutenant

FLORIDAFLYER
I don't understand

Staten is ranked 95 in some poll and THIS is why we live with BG"s mistakes. Thus recruiting Staten was a mistake. Having a little trouble seeing the logic in that. I think BG has done a rather good job recuiting, especially in the last few years. But apparently I am mistaken.

Last edited by FLORIDAFLYER; 11-14-2008 at 01:13 PM..
Old 11-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Captain

hUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these parts
I think he is referring to BG's "in game" coaching decisions and tactics. I sometimes question the rotations and offensive schemes but I never question his ability to bring in talent.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:44 PM
General

Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hUDygrad View Post
I think he is referring to BG's "in game" coaching decisions and tactics. I sometimes question the rotations and offensive schemes but I never question his ability to bring in talent.
Yes--not talking about recruiting mistakes, I'm talking about in-game and game prep coaching mistakes.

Think about how good you were at your job after 5 years and how good you are at it now. It's not to say you were terrible before but it's probably safe to say you get better with experience. That's all I'm saying.

Some have said we're better off with a stellar game coach and to fire BG because of perceived coaching mistakes. But a guy like CW makes you look a lot smarter than you are. Ditto Staten.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:53 PM
General

Originally Posted by FLORIDAFLYER View Post
Staten is ranked 95 in some poll and THIS is why we live with BG"s mistakes. Thus recruiting Staten was a mistake. Having a little trouble seeing the logic in that.

Also, to disprove the logic:

-My wife bought a Honda Accord. given
-The Honda Accord is the best possible car (given), and
-THIS is why I live with her mistakes.
---> Thus buying an Accord was a mistake.

False--buying an Accord was a good decision. I believe you reached the opposite conclusion of the facts. I live with her mistakes because this is an example of a very good decision. And because she's got a smokin' hot body.

Note: not a commentary on the Accord or any other car, it's just for illustrative purposes. Statements about my wife's body are true and representative.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,770 Times in 934 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
gazoo, that was honestly one of the funniest posts i have ever read on this board.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:51 PM
General

I notice no one else was willing to go anywhere near that topic.

Tags
recruiting