User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-24-2020, 02:32 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Games of note: 20-21 edition

Last time we had games to watch, the Big East was cancelling their tournament at half time on the second day. How quickly it all ended and left us with a big ol' "What if"

As always, if all you want to do is worry about UD and the game in front of them, then this thread isn't for you. What games are of note for UD's opponents, what games can help their chance to move up their poll ranking, their bracket projection, their A-10 standings, etc.... You know the deal by now, lets roll!
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (11-24-2020), John C. (11-24-2020), rollo (11-24-2020), springborofan (11-24-2020), superfan99 (11-24-2020)
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2020, 02:33 PM
General

Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Wednesday, Nov 25

This was suppose to be the day that UD's season kicked off, well, it was suppose to be the altered day UD's season kicked off after taking Duke's spot in that field, but we all know that isn't happening. With all the adjustments and mini fields on various campus sites, I'm not sure who is always the home team or if its 2 neutral site opponents.

GW vs Navy
High Point @ Davidson
Rhody vs Arizona St
SIEU @ St Looey
Utah St vs VCU (sanford Pentagon, did Utah St take UD's spot and VCU take Wichita St's spot?)
#22 UCLA vs San Diego St (only team that probably feels as bad about the way last season's ended as UD fans do)

Last edited by Medford; 11-24-2020 at 02:40 PM..
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
Runnin' Rebel (11-24-2020)
Old 11-24-2020, 04:45 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 3,138 Times in 795 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
I think the real question is, will home court matter that much this year?
Old 11-24-2020, 04:56 PM
General

good question, I think it still will to an extent, but not near as much.
Old 11-24-2020, 09:44 PM
General

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,050 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by John C. View Post
I think the real question is, will home court matter that much this year?
Originally Posted by Medford View Post
good question, I think it still will to an extent, but not near as much.

Not traveling during a pandemic could be a good thing.

Old 11-25-2020, 10:04 AM
General

A thanks in advance for all you traditionally do to make this thread great Glen.

I should have added one game.

East Tenn St U @ Abiline Christian.

What is so interesting about that game? When it tips off in an hour it will be our first taste of college basketball since early last march.

Also, if you have ESPN+, you can catch the fighting Brian Gregories at 11:30 vs Florida College, which may be the first "televised" game of the year, and GW vs Navy on actual TV (CBS Sports) at noon.
Glen Clark (11-25-2020)
Old 11-25-2020, 10:49 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,764 Times in 929 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
VCU (sanford Pentagon, did Utah St take UD's spot and VCU take Wichita St's spot?)
USU was already in the field. VCU took somebody's spot (smart move). The line is relatively small for that game. The national feel on VCU seems much more optimistic than the A10 feel.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:54 AM
General

My guess is the national feel still sees VCU as the juggernaut they were a few years ago, while the A10 has seen the slip in coaching and talent of the past 2. Which is correct? I great VCU is good for UD and the A10, so I hope they get back to what they were
Old 11-25-2020, 11:17 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
My guess is the national feel still sees VCU as the juggernaut they were a few years ago, while the A10 has seen the slip in coaching and talent of the past 2. Which is correct? I great VCU is good for UD and the A10, so I hope they get back to what they were
I think Bones Hyland might be a good start to getting back to what they were.
Old 11-25-2020, 11:21 AM
General

Bones is phenomenal, but many VCU fans think that team quite on Rhodes last season, seems like something is going on behind the scenes. Perhaps he's cleaning up the messes that Will Wade left behind or perhaps its Rhodes on fault. Rhodes seems like a good dude, unlike Wade so I hope they figure it out.
Old 11-25-2020, 12:30 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Rhode Island Arizona State is interesting. Rams are incorporating a lot of new pieces.

Seems like they had some internal issues last year with the exodus and play down the stretch. Probably a big season for the direction of the program
Old 11-25-2020, 01:32 PM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
George Washington down 10 to Navy at the under eight timeout second half.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-25-2020, 03:17 PM

Thanked 6,126 Times in 4,171 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
USU was already in the field. VCU took somebody's spot (smart move). The line is relatively small for that game. The national feel on VCU seems much more optimistic than the A10 feel.
Those teams are closely matched, Kenpom #69 vs. #90...3.5 point line, seems about right
Old 11-25-2020, 03:21 PM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyerferd View Post
George Washington down 10 to Navy at the under eight timeout second half.
Posted via Mobile Device
GW falls on the road, 78-71...they were supposed to lose, GW Kenpom #211, Navy #184
Old 11-25-2020, 03:30 PM
General

I had hopes that GW's rebuilding work would have lead them to a top 150ish rating this season. While 1 game does not make or break a season, Navy is the kind of game all teams in the A-10 need to be winning.
OSU Flyer (11-25-2020)
Old 11-25-2020, 03:57 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I had hopes that GW's rebuilding work would have lead them to a top 150ish rating this season. While 1 game does not make or break a season, Navy is the kind of game all teams in the A-10 need to be winning.
Gotta beat a service academy in basketball
Old 11-25-2020, 05:58 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
I am watching Georgetown and UMBC and the Hoyas are up 60-49 with about 6 min. remaining. UMBC is being led in scoring by Sr. Darnell Rogers with 11 points. He is 5'2" and I remember back in 1995 to 1999 when his dad Shawnta Rogers was a pretty good player for GW. George Washington was a lot better back then. He was listed at 5'4" and they would give the ball to him when they had a lead at the end of games because he was money from the free throw line!
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-25-2020), OSU Flyer (11-26-2020), Runnin' Rebel (11-25-2020), wes (11-25-2020)
Old 11-25-2020, 09:39 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,229 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
URI lost by 6 vs. #18 Arizona State (Fats fouled out with about 6 minutes to go)

Kentucky had 8 players play 17 minutes or more in a blow-out win but Toppin jr. wasn't one of them - 2 pts in 9 minutes
Old 11-25-2020, 09:47 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NCkevi View Post
URI lost by 6 vs. #18 Arizona State (Fats fouled out with about 6 minutes to go)

Kentucky had 8 players play 17 minutes or more in a blow-out win but Toppin jr. wasn't one of them - 2 pts in 9 minutes
I believe he will regret that decision to transfer to Kentucky. I wish him well, but I am afraid he may never see the court.
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
John C. (11-25-2020)
Old 11-25-2020, 11:20 PM
(Formerly O'Side Flyer)

Brad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
I believe he will regret that decision to transfer to Kentucky. I wish him well, but I am afraid he may never see the court.
He played 9 minutes against Morehead State today (11/25). 2 pts on 4 attempts, 2 reb, 1 assist, 1 steal. Not really barn burning stats by UK standards.

Hopefully he hits his stride and gets more play time. Calipari's known for getting players ready for the NBA, but UK's a tough place to prove yourself.
Old 11-26-2020, 09:11 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
If getting to the next step up the ladder of the NBA, playing day-in/day-out against the first team from UK in practice, Jacob Toppin could do worse. Pretty close to G-league talent at UK.

URI made noise with all the newbies they brought in. But some of the chemistry issues are still there and in this crazy COVID world. Not the easiest way to blend a team of inflated egos.
Old 11-26-2020, 02:32 PM
General

Xavier squeaked by Bradley at home after former GW guard Terry Nolan missed the front end of a 1 & 1
Old 11-26-2020, 07:15 PM
General

St Joes lost in OT but they look much improved
Old 11-28-2020, 04:16 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,182 Times in 579 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
Watching SLU playing LSU......haven't seen French at all. Is he injured?
Old 11-28-2020, 05:10 PM
Lieutenant General

Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
SLU hangs on to beat LSU. I did not see French play one minute. Goodwin is a handful.
Old 11-28-2020, 05:42 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,152 Times in 2,713 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
French was a game time decision based on concussion protocol.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-28-2020, 09:19 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bill McPeek View Post
SLU hangs on to beat LSU. I did not see French play one minute. Goodwin is a handful.
Glad to see. My daughter is a SLU grad, and Wade is a tool.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-28-2020, 10:35 PM
General

Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Saturday, November 28

A-10 scores:
LSU (1-1) 81 @ SLU (2-0) 85
Paradise Jam: George Mason (2-1) 84 @ Howard (0-3) 70
Air Force Tip-Off Classic: Rhode Island (1-2) 84 @ South Florida (1-1) 68

Top 25 scores:
Louisiana (0-1) 82 @ #2 Baylor (1-0) 112
Air Force Tip-Off Classic: Virginia Tech (2-0) 81 @ #3 Villanova (2-1) 73 (OT)
Coppin State (0-1) 71 @ #9 Duke (1-0) 81
Notre Dame (0-1) 70 @ #13 Michigan State (2-0) 80

Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-29-2020), NJFlyr71 (11-29-2020), San Diego Flyer (11-29-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 02:28 PM
General of the Air Force

cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Richmond up 3 at UK about halfway through 2nd half.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (11-29-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 02:33 PM

Thanked 10,134 Times in 5,868 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Now up 7 with 10 to go.
Old 11-29-2020, 02:41 PM
General of the Air Force

Up 12. Under 8 TO
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-29-2020, 03:00 PM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Game at Rupp. Fouls on Richmond 23. Fouls on KY 12.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-29-2020, 03:06 PM
Lieutenant General

Coach Cal and his Kentucky Wildcats going down. Spiders up 14 with just under 30 seconds left. This would be a great win for the A-10. Glad we have Richmond at home this year, whatever that means in the present virus environment.
Old 11-29-2020, 03:08 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Surprise, surprise!
Old 11-29-2020, 03:11 PM
Lieutenant General

Tired of hearing of the "youthful" Wildcats, like that is an excuse for the loss.
Old 11-29-2020, 03:14 PM

Takeaways: Richmond is for real, KY is not, and Toppin barely can see the floor, Nathan Cato on Richmond is an excellent player, and UD may match up with the excellent Richmond guards but the big guys will be a struggle.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-29-2020, 03:50 PM
General

Kentucky has no one returning from last years team. Still young, they always get better.

Cayo is gonna be tough in conference play

Whether Dayton wins the A10 is probably dependent on what Chase/Jordy/Mo/Zimi can do
Old 11-29-2020, 06:12 PM
General of the Air Force

T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bill McPeek View Post
Tired of hearing of the "youthful" Wildcats, like that is an excuse for the loss.
Cal does it his way for a reason. Most days, it works. Today, it did not.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-29-2020, 06:13 PM
General of the Air Force

Posted via Mobile Device
Those bullies!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-29-2020, 08:47 PM

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
It is early yet for Jacob Toppin at Kentucky. Give him time.

Remember UD was interested in him twice. Transfer rules made the second opportunity impossible. Coaching staff was high on Jacob and thought he had a lot of talent.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:12 PM
General

Sunday, Novemner 29

A-10 scores:
Richmond (2-0) 76 @ #10 Kentucky (1-1) 64
Air Force Tip-Off Classic: San Francisco (2-2) 71 @ Rhode Island (2-2) 84

Top 25 scores:
Washington (0-1) 52 @ #2 Baylor (2-0) 86
North Dakota State (0-3) 58 @ #11 Creighton (1-0) 69
#14 Texas Tech (2-1) 53 @ #17 Houston (3-0) 64
Houston Baptist (0-2) 77 @ #18 Arizona State (2-1) 100
UMass Lowell (1-2) 64 @ #23 Ohio State (2-0) 74
Hofstra (0-1) 56 @ #24 Rutgers (3-0) 70
Oakland (0-4) 71 @ #25 Michigan (2-0) 81 (OT)

Other games:
South Florida (1-2) 58 @ Virginia Tech (3-0) 76
Hall of Fame Classic: Liberty (2-2) 52 @ TCU (3-0) 56
Hall of Fame Classic: South Carolina (1-1) 69 @ Tulsa (0-2) 58

Old 11-29-2020, 10:24 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post

Remember UD was interested in him twice. Transfer rules made the second opportunity impossible. Coaching staff was high on Jacob and thought he had a lot of talent.
I truly wish the best for Jacob at UK, but Cal’s history there leads me to believe he’ll be a “Betty” (for those of you who remember the “Archie” comics of the 1960s & ‘70s) in the Wildcat scheme of things.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-29-2020, 10:50 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Takeaways: Richmond is for real, KY is not, and Toppin barely can see the floor, Nathan Cato on Richmond is an excellent player, and UD may match up with the excellent Richmond guards but the big guys will be a struggle.
Posted via Mobile Device
We defeated Richmond at their place 87-79 last season after being up by 20 pts. at one time in the second half. Obi was being taunted before the game during warmups by the bare chested baseball team behind the basket. He just used it as motivation scoring 24 points including four dunks, one of which was the windmill dunk that Mikesell imitated in the background! By the way, the same guys who were exclaiming "Obi sucks" before the game were the same ones who asked for his autograph after the game!

I got off on a tangent but the main question I have is I don't even remember Nathan Cayo playing in last years game and he is a Senior this season. He is really long and athletic for 6'7" and played really well against Kentucky! We better be prepared when we host the Spiders on Feb. 5th as they are the real deal this year. The announcers suggested that the backcourt of Gilyard and Francis is the best in college basketball but I'll take Crutcher and Chatman over them!
Old 11-30-2020, 12:27 AM

John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
This was a huge win for the A10. As much as I loved what we did last year, I doubt any of our wins could match this. Maybe I am over valuing what UK will be this year but to go into their place and kick their butts is pretty impressive.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:53 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,229 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post

He has 5 freshmen who are top 60 players getting more minutes than him plus a top-45 sitting on the bench and another strong class (#3 nationally so far) coming in next year

Don't see many opportunities in their next 5 games to improve on his 11 minutes total so far vs. Morehead and Richmond

Kansas (Champions Classic)
Georgia Tech (State Farm Arena)
Notre Dame
UCLA (CBS Sports Classic)
At Louisville
Old 11-30-2020, 08:07 AM
1st Lieutenant

ud99 will become famous soon enoughud99 will become famous soon enough
There will be a ton of upsets this year in college basketball especially on home courts. When you take the crowd factor out of it the upsets are more likely. Richmond doesn't win that game yesterday if Rupp had 24,000 fans packed in it. Totally different when you have no one there. The Arena this year will be the same. No one will get rattled while shooting free throws, or pulling up for a big three late in the game.
Experience prevailled yesterday especially being this early in the season. Richmond looked the part and Kentucky looked young as usual. Kentucky will be fine as usual as the season progresses and Richmond will be a tough game for everyone in the A10. This might be their year.

Last edited by ud99; 11-30-2020 at 08:24 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud99 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-30-2020), SeasonTicketFan (11-30-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 09:02 AM

I watched the game, and KY with 48,000 fans could not have beaten Richmond. Richmond got homered by the refs, and still won easily. Once they realized in the second half they were the better team, it was turn out the lights. Richmond reminds me of last year's UD team, lots of experience, great guards, offensive skill up front, team depth and not great rebounding .

KY does not seem to have any go to guys or great shooters. They were 0-10 from three. Maybe it develops, but it ain't there now.

I do not remember Cayo from last year, but he is now the poor man's Obi. Last year he averaged 9 points, and 12 as a soph. He has made 18-23 field goals in two games this year for 78%, and is averaging 20 pts. That dunk when he drove over two tall KY defenders was an Obi moment.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
shwag33 (11-30-2020), The Fly (11-30-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 11:46 AM
General

I agree with Jack, I doubt fans in Rupp would have created much of a difference. Richmond shot the ball pretty poorly in the 1st half and still only trailed by 4. Settled in during the 2nd half and learned to deal with UK's length and ran away with it. UK is long and athletic, Richmond is a better team today (and perhaps at season's end as well). It was the first game I got to watch extended coverage of this year, glad to see the A-10 come out on top.

Regarding Jacob, I always felt like it would be in Coach Cal's best interest to have a couple of kids on the roster each year that are developmental guys. Kids that you think you can develop into NBA players but need some seasoning and are ok with sitting behind more talented 5 star type kids for a couple of years. In what would normally be a redshirt year in other seasons, Jacob gets a little bit of exposure why learning to play from one of the best against some of the best each day. Will it pay off in 2 more years with a better shot at the NBA, or will he continually find himself stuck behind the latest 5 star phenom 1 & done (which is likely going away after this season or next anyways)?
Old 11-30-2020, 11:48 AM
General

Monday, Nov 30:

Texas vs Davidson. Shaka is suppose to have a strong roster, would be a great win for Davidson. Game is on at noon if you are working from home today and looking for something to have on in the background

IU @ Providence
Little Rock @ Duquesne
ClaytonFlyerFan (11-30-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 12:43 PM
Brigadier General

hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
He has 5 freshmen who are top 60 players getting more minutes than him plus a top-45 sitting on the bench and another strong class (#3 nationally so far) coming in next year

Don't see many opportunities in their next 5 games to improve on his 11 minutes total so far vs. Morehead and Richmond

Notre Dame
At Louisville
I couldn't help but think multiple times during that game, what was he thinking? If you can't crack the lineup over a bunch of freshman that can't shoot what was the point of transferring? He would be starting (or at least good minutes off the bench) on a pretty darn good URI team right now. I know there's a ton of stuff we'll never know about like team chemistry, locker room, coaching, etc., but on the surface this looks like it will go down as a very questionable decision.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to hawkoooo For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (11-30-2020), TommyGola (11-30-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 01:18 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Monday, Nov 30:

Texas vs Davidson. Shaka is suppose to have a strong roster, would be a great win for Davidson. Game is on at noon if you are working from home today and looking for something to have on in the background
Well you had the perfect idea for background noise as I work from home, until I turned it on and realized who the announcer was. Thank God for the mute button.

Time for my yearly Maui Invitational rant about how Bill Walton ruins watching the game. What an absolute freaking brain fried idiot.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (11-30-2020), Monster Man (11-30-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 01:33 PM

Ready to mute the sound, when Walton goes into a 30 second praise supreme of Johnny Davis.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:33 PM

You know the world is upside down when the Maui Invitational is being held in North Carolina.

It is amazing that Walton keeps a job. You hardly would know there is an game going on when he gets going. He does love Johnny Davis though. He is always bragging on him. Did it again today.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:42 PM
General of the Air Force

ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by John C. View Post

It is amazing that Walton keeps a job. You hardly would know there is an game going on when he gets going. He does love Johnny Davis though. He is always bragging on him. Did it again today.
I emailed ESPN last year to complain about Walton, and actually got a nice little thank you we will pass it on to the proper production team email back from them. With all the job cuts I read recently that ESPN made, why the hell could he not be one of them. Time for another email!

Support@espncustomercare.com

Last edited by ClaytonFlyerFan; 11-30-2020 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: added email address
Old 11-30-2020, 02:23 PM

Davidson loses by 2, and had chances for the win. TX looks overrated.

Richmond up to #19, and St Louis at #28. Thanks to UD and Obi the A10 is getting early recognition.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-30-2020, 03:30 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Davidson loses by 2, and had chances for the win. TX looks overrated.

Richmond up to #19, and St Louis at #28. Thanks to UD and Obi the A10 is getting early recognition.
Posted via Mobile Device
The A10 has had teams ranked early in the year before Obi and our season last year. Heck last year VCU was ranked in the top 25 in the Preseason poll and a few early weeks after starting out 5-0. I believe Davidson was just outside the top 25 in the Preseason Poll as well. The A10 hasn't had problem getting teams ranked in the top 25 over the years. UD and Obi has nothing to do with it.
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (11-30-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 03:41 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute

Notre Dame
At Louisville
My parents are UK graduates and die hard UK bball fans (that might be redundant...)

They are really excited about Toppin. Their hope is that next year (and the year after) he's getting solid minutes and can be a leader/mentor to the revolving door of 18 year old kids.

Not sure it's realistic to project anything like Obi, but at this same age Obi was sitting through a red shirt season. The UK folks like him and I think he has a future there.
Old 11-30-2020, 04:21 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Is it just me or am I the only completely DISINTERESTED in how well Jacob Toppin plays this year? I hope I don’t have to wade through posts all year on this thread...
Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (11-30-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 04:28 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
Is it just me or am I the only completely DISINTERESTED in how well Jacob Toppin plays this year? I hope I don’t have to wade through posts all year on this thread...
Says he's not interested and doesn't want to wade through posts about it.

Posts about it.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to hawkoooo For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (12-01-2020), MNFats (12-01-2020), SLUFLYER (11-30-2020), springborofan (11-30-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 05:08 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Davidson/Texas

Davidson had a real shot at snagging this win. While I don't particularly care for Walton, he made a great point late in the game (several times) re: why Davidson (whose defensive, lateral movement is already challenged) was defending the perimeter so tight and inviting/allowing Texas to beat them off the dribble. Texas was really struggling shooting from the perimeter. Ramey's game winner was off of a dribble drive where the defender was WAY too tight and out of position at the 3-point line on the wing.

Davidson can blame this game on a few glaring deficiencies:

- Their complete inability to defend the pick and roll on ball screens. With how poorly Texas was jacking it up from the perimeter, I would have played that differently, allowing the defender to go under some of those ball screens.
- Further compounding the ball screen issue, which was extremely obvious down the stretch, was that the majority of the time(s) Texas torched the pick and roll, Davidson's weak side defender was either nowhere to be found or way too late to help.
- Davidson is SOOOOO SOFT on the defensive glass. They gave up 13 offensive rebounds, which felt like all of them resulted in easy stick backs and dunks, several of the grab the ball and slam it on the rebound style. The 2nd to last defensive possession for Davidson was a microcosm of their lack of aggression on the glass costing them. They get the stop and their 6'9"/245lb forward (Mennenga) simply doesn't get after/secure what should be an easy rebound. Instead, he waits for the ball to come to him, rather than go up and get it. Allowing for a Texas rebounder, who appears to be blocked out by another Wildcat, to reach like 3 or 4 feet and get a piece of the ball, that proceeds to slide off of Mennenga's fingers.

Looking at the makeup of their roster (like half), there's a bunch from overseas. And nearly all of those are their post players. Foreign players are taught the game much differently and are known for not being very aggressive/strong on the glass.

While some may look at this close loss/result as Davidson as a legit contender in the A10, but I see otherwise, particularly in a matchup with someone like SLU. With how SLU attacks the glass, I look for SLU to dominate Davidson in their matchup(s).

Last edited by SLUFLYER; 11-30-2020 at 05:11 PM..
Old 11-30-2020, 09:30 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
How can you not be jazzed about UK’s 9th man???

Me, I’m just too busy following Jordan Davis, not.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-30-2020, 11:42 PM
General

Monday, November 30

A-10 scores:
Maui Invitational: #17 Texas (2-0) 78 @ Davidson (1-1) 76
Wade Houston Tip-Off Classic: Little Rock (2-1) 76 @ Duquesne (0-1) 66
Seton Hall (0-1) @ Saint Joe's (0-2) Cancelled

Flyer foes:
Texas A&M Corpus Christi (1-2) 54 @ SMU (2-0) 91
Texas State (2-1) 51 @ Mississippi State (1-2) 68
Purdue - Fort Wayne (1-0) @ Kent State (0-0) Postponed

Top 25 scores:
Maui Invitational: #14 North Carolina (2-0) 78 @ UNLV (0-2) 51

Other games:
Bubbleville: St Johns (3-0) 97 @ Boston College (1-2) 93
Maui Invitational: Indiana (2-0) 79 @ Providence (1-1) 58
Maui Invitational: Stanford (1-0) 82 @ Alabama (1-2) 64
Auburn (1-2) 55 @ Central Florida (1-0) 63
Loyola Marymount (1-2) 64 @ Minnesota (3-0) 67
Pacific (1-1) 58 @ Nevada (3-0) 70
Bowling Green (2-1) 78 @ Appalachian State (2-1) 76 (OT)
Eastern Kentucky (2-1) 96 @ Xavier (4-0) 99 (OT)

Old 12-01-2020, 01:04 AM

Thanked 17,099 Times in 5,101 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Xavier has won their last three games - Bradley, Toledo, and EKU - by a combined 7 points and that included an OT. Muskies are 4-0 and probably just happy to be 4-0, but the 101-49 pasting of Oakland seems like a long time ago. Bradley flat-out Santa Claus'd the W away at the foul line in the last second, and the other two were nip and tuck.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Old 12-01-2020, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
How can you not be jazzed about UK’s 9th man???

Me, I’m just too busy following Jordan Davis, not.
Posted via Mobile Device
Since you asked, Jordan is off to a rough start. His team has dropped two to lightweight opponents, and he has 16 pts total while only shooting 5-16,3-10 and 3-6.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:00 PM
Major

superfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond repute
Since you asked, Jordan is off to a rough start. His team has dropped two to lightweight opponents, and he has 16 pts total while only shooting 5-16,3-10 and 3-6.

What school did he transfer to?
Old 12-01-2020, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by superfan99 View Post
What school did he transfer to?
Middle TN
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
superfan99 (12-01-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 03:41 PM
General of the Air Force

IU gets smoked by 22 against Texas.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-01-2020, 04:05 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,693 Times in 2,511 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
IU just put up one of the worst offensive performances I’ve seen in a long time. 44 total points and 24% shooting.
Old 12-01-2020, 04:37 PM

That sounds like last year all over again.
Old 12-01-2020, 04:55 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
IU just put up one of the worst offensive performances I’ve seen in a long time. 44 total points and 24% shooting.
6 assists. Total. On 11 made baskets. Wow.

Rough week for IU when you add in the Penix (QB) ACL injury.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:12 AM
General

Tuesday, December 1

A-10 scores:
Eastern Illinois (0-3) 63 @ Dayton (1-0) 66
Maui Invitational: Davidson (1-2) 62 @ Providence (2-1) 63
Hampton (1-0) 82 @ George Washington (0-2) 78

Flyer foes:
None scheduled

Top 25 scores:
Green Bay (0-2) 42 @ #4 Wisconsin (3-0) 82
State Farm Classic: #8 Michigan State (3-0) 75 @ #6 Duke (1-1) 69
State Farm Classic: #7 Kansas (2-1) 65 @ #20 Kentucky (1-2) 62
Omaha (1-3) 67 @ #9 Creighton (2-0) 94
Bubbleville: #12 Villanova (3-1) 87 @ Hartford (0-2) 53
Maui Invitational: #14 North Carolina (3-0) 67 @ Stanford (1-1) 63
St Francis (PA) (1-2) 51 @ #15 Virginia (2-1) 76
Maui Invitational: #17 Texas (3-0) 66 @ Indiana (2-1) 44

Other games:
Western Kentucky (2-2) 54 @ Louisville (4-0) 75
BE-B12 Battle: Oklahoma State (3-0) 70 @ Marquette (2-1) 62
Maui Invitational: UNLV (0-3) 74 @ Alabama (2-1) 86
Roman Legends Classic: USC (3-0) 79 @ BYU (3-1) 53
UC Riverside (1-1) 57 @ Washington (0-2) 42
Navy (3-1) 78 @ Georgetown (1-1) 71
Cleveland State (0-1) 61 @ Toledo (2-2) 70

Old 12-02-2020, 06:15 AM
General of the Air Force

Sorry to hear. I hope he gets it turned around. I always liked Jordan.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-02-2020, 06:17 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by SLUFLYER View Post
6 assists. Total. On 11 made baskets. Wow.

Rough week for IU when you add in the Penix (QB) ACL injury.
That sounds like a 40-minute root canal!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-02-2020, 08:36 AM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
That sounds like a 40-minute root canal!
Posted via Mobile Device
I talked to a friend of mine who lives in Indy. The natives are getting restless with Archie. He has the talent, but unlike his time with the Flyers, there is no sense of team.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:01 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,749 Times in 791 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Nice win for Rhody
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-02-2020, 10:25 PM
General

Gonzaga won over WVU tonight. Solid win for sure, but got me thinking. They play @ #2 Baylor this weekend, and @ #3 (forget who at the moment) later in December (or perhaps early January. Other than that it appears to be conference games and easily winnable OOC games. Its always tough to go undefeated in conference play, but Gonzaga is clearly heads and shoulders above the rest of their conference, so they will be strongly favored in each game (save injuries/covid concerns). Get to conference play, and the thought of them challenging to match IU's undefeated season, the last team to accomplish that feat in the 70s I think. Obviously the 6 game run thru an NCAA bracket will have its challenges but something to ponder non-UD related.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:31 PM

In the defensive game of the season IL St beats Greenville 177-108. What??? They shot 86% and had 57 assists.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by jack72; 12-02-2020 at 10:33 PM..
Old 12-02-2020, 11:25 PM
General

In the defensive game of the season IL St beats Greenville 177-108. What??? They shot 86% and had 57 assists.
Posted via Mobile Device
@tcf_15
Division III Greenville Panthers schedule and results so far this season:

@ Samford (L, 174-99)
@ UMKC (L, 138-97)
@ Murray State (L, 173-95)
@ Illinois State (L, 177-108)
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Runnin' Rebel (12-03-2020)
Old 12-02-2020, 11:27 PM
General

A10 seemingly off to a good start. Davidson and Rhody sound like they won't be pushovers
Old 12-02-2020, 11:41 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
I talked to a friend of mine who lives in Indy. The natives are getting restless with Archie. He has the talent, but unlike his time with the Flyers, there is no sense of team.
Actually, he kind of lost his sense of team here when the inmates took over the asylum with the Girlfriend-Gate scandal of 2016. We didn’t get back to a true sense of team here until after CAG’s first season, when the exodus happened.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-03-2020, 12:11 AM
General

Scores fow Wednesday, December 2

A-10 scores:
VCU (2-2) 69 @ Penn State (2-0) 72
Maui Invitational: Davidson (2-2) 77 @ UNLV (0-4) 73
Seton Hall (1-2) 63 @ Rhode Island (3-2) 76
UNC Greensboro (1-2) 68 @ Duquesne (1-1) 81
#19 Richmond (2-0) @ Charleston (1-1) canceled
Saint Joe's (0-2) @ #12 Villanova (3-1) postponed
La Salle (0-2) @ Howard (0-3) postponed

Flyer foes:
Houston Baptist (0-3) 75 @ SMU (3-0) 102

Top 25 scores:
Jimmy V Classic: #11 West Virginia (3-1) 82 @ #1 Gonzaga (3-0) 87
Jimmy V Classic: #5 Illinois (3-1) 69 @ #2 Baylor (3-0) 82
Maui Invitational: #17 Texas (4-0) 69 @ #14 North Carolina (3-1) 67
Missouri (2-0) 83 @ #21 Oregon (0-1) 75
North Florida (0-4) 58 @ #22 Florida State (1-0) 86
Morehead State (1-3) 44 @ #23 Ohio State (3-0) 77

Other games:
Lipscomb (1-2) 55 @ Cincinnati (1-0) 67
Maui Invitational: Providence (2-2) 71 @ Alabama (3-1) 88
Maui Invitational: Indiana (3-1) 79 @ Stanford (1-2) 63
Roman Legends Classic: St John's (3-1) 69 @ BYU (4-1) 74
San Francisco (3-2) 85 @ Nevada (3-1) 60
Florida Gulf Coast (1-1) 57 @ South Florida (2-2) 76
Oral Roberts (1-2) 80 @ Wichita State (1-0) 85
Tennessee Tech (0-3) 48 @ Xavier (5-0) 79

superfan99 (12-03-2020)
Old 12-03-2020, 08:21 AM
Lieutenant General

CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
@tcf_15
Division III Greenville Panthers schedule and results so far this season:

@ Samford (L, 174-99)
@ UMKC (L, 138-97)
@ Murray State (L, 173-95)
@ Illinois State (L, 177-108)
Wow they average just about 100 ppg!
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
UD62 (12-03-2020)
Old 12-04-2020, 12:14 AM
General

Scores for Thursday, December 3

A-10 scores:
Fordham (0-0) @ Manhattan (0-0) canceled

Flyer foes:
none scheduled

Top 25 scores:
Western Illinois (0-1) 58 @ #3 Iowa (3-0) 99
Washburn 54 @ #7 Kansas (3-1) 89
VMI (2-2) 57 @ #16 Virginia Tech (4-0) 84
#25 Arizona State (3-1) 70 @ California (2-2) 62
Temple (0-0) @ #12 Villanova (3-1) postponed
BE-B12 Battle: St John's (3-1) @ 17 Texas Tech (2-1) canceled

Other games:
Roman Legends Classic: UConn (3-0) 61 @ USC (3-1) 58
Washington (0-3) 62 @ Utah (1-0) 76
Tennessee Tech (0-4) 65 @ Northern Kentucky (2-0) 74
Marshall (2-0) 80 @ Wright State (0-1) 64

Runnin' Rebel (12-04-2020)
Old 12-04-2020, 07:39 AM
Major

superfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond repute
Fordham made it to December without a loss. That is new.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to superfan99 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (12-04-2020), flyerfanatic86 (12-04-2020), fuz_forward (12-04-2020), mikeymo85 (12-04-2020), Radar (12-04-2020), SeasonTicketFan (12-04-2020)
Old 12-04-2020, 11:01 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
I've watched pieces/parts of several games so far, with the full game being the Flyers vs EIU. Across the board there's been A TON of bad basketball played. For example: Kansas vs UK both teams shot 30% from the field. We all know the reasons. But to conclude anything from the Flyers' first game, or first few games, would be a huge mistake.
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (12-04-2020)
Old 12-04-2020, 04:31 PM
General

Games of note, weekend edition:

Friday:

#4 Wisky @ Marquette

Saturday:

#1 Gonzaga vs #2 Baylor (I believe in bubbleville)
Mt St Mary @ VCU
Miami (OH) @ Wright State (I knew you were waiting for this one Clayton)
Arkansas PB @ St Louis

Sunday:

#12 Nova @ #17 Texas
Xavier @ Cincy
Old 12-04-2020, 04:32 PM
General

Obviously Gonzaga v Baylor is a huge game, and Wisky/Marquette and Xavier v Cincy is usually a good rivalry when they aren't throwing punches but there are not a ton of good games out there this weekend.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:14 PM
General

Scores for Friday, December 4

A-10 scores:
Duquesne (1-1) @ Winthrop (2-0) canceled
George Mason (2-1) @ Maryland (3-0) canceled
Rhode Island (3-2) @ Boston College (1-3) canceled

Flyer foes:
North Texas (1-2) 63 @ Mississippi State (2-2) 69

Top 25 scores:
#4 Wisconsin (3-1) 65 @ Marquette (3-1) 67
Bellarmine (0-1) 54 @ #6 Duke (2-1) 76
Detroit Mercy (0-1) 76 @ #8 Michigan State (4-0) 83
Kennesaw State (2-2) 58 @ #9 Creighton (3-0) 93
Kent State (1-1) 64 @ #15 Virginia (3-1) 71 (OT)
Troy (1-2) 46 @ #17 Texas Tech (3-1) 80
Seton Hall (1-3) 70 @ #21 Oregon (1-1) 83
#13 Tennessee (0-0) # Notre Dame (0-1) canceled

Other games:
Florida A&M (0-2) @ South Florida (2-2) canceled
Our Lady of the Lake 68 @ Texas Rio Grand Valley (3-1) 91

Old 12-05-2020, 09:30 AM

I see Bellarmine is playing again. Duke beat them by 22 last night. Maybe we can reschedule that game.
Old 12-05-2020, 12:00 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Our Lady of the Lake?
Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (12-05-2020)
Old 12-05-2020, 12:35 PM
General

Longest streak

Our Dayton Flyers put the country's longest winning streak on the line this afternoon.
Go Flyers!

frisco flyer (12-05-2020), jack72 (12-05-2020), Lifelong Flyer Fan (12-05-2020)
Old 12-05-2020, 02:05 PM

Zags and Baylor postponed.
Old 12-05-2020, 06:54 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by cj View Post
Posted via Mobile Device

Whats the saying?

It is hard for a basketball coach to win at a football school?
Old 12-05-2020, 07:39 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Glen Clark View Post
Our Dayton Flyers put the country's longest winning streak on the line this afternoon.
Go Flyers!

Old 12-05-2020, 11:18 PM
General

Rats

Scores for Saturday, December 5

A-10 scores:
SMU (4-0) 66 @ Dayton (1-1) 64
Arkansas-Pine Bluff (0-5) 54 @ Saint Louis (3-0) 107
Mount St Mary's (1-3) 42 @ VCU (3-2) 60
Coppin State (0-2) 69 @ George Washington (1-2) 85
Saint Joe's (0-2) @ Bradley (3-2) postponed

Flyer foes:
Eastern Illinois (2-3) 93 @ Green Bay (0-3) 91 (2OT)
Northern Kentucky (2-1) 72 @ Chattanooga (3-0) 79
Memphis (3-2) @ Ole Miss (0-0) canceled

Top 25 scores:
North Dakota State (0-4) 61 @ #7 Kansas (4-1) 65
South Carolina (1-2) 67 @ #10 Houston (4-0) 77
#1 Gonzaga (3-0) @ #2 Baylor (3-0) postponed
Tennessee Martin (1-0) @ #5 Illinois (3-1) canceled
Alabama A&M (1-0) @ #23 Ohio State (3-0) canceled

Other games:
BYU (5-1) 67 @ Utah State (1-3) 64
Lipscomb (1-3) 50 @ Arkansas (4-0) 86
Eastern Washington (0-2) 67 @ Arizona (2-0) 70
New Mexico State (2-0) @ Santa Clara (4-0) canceled
Miami (OH) (1-1) 47 @ Wright State (1-1) 71

Last edited by Glen Clark; 12-05-2020 at 11:25 PM..
Old 12-06-2020, 12:18 AM

Some posters on Keaney Blue are pumped up, calling this the most complete, deepest, and most talented URI team maybe ever. Surprising praise for a team with just a 3-2 record.

http://keaneyblue.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8701

Last edited by ud2; 12-06-2020 at 12:27 AM..
Old 12-06-2020, 11:17 AM
General of the Air Force

A couple of observations from yesterday’s results:
-Arizona “spanked” Eastern Washington (they of the 0-2 record) by a whopping 3 points - at home. We’re not the only program that’s struggling this year.
-Did Wright State really beat Miami by 24? My, how that once-proud program has fallen!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-06-2020, 10:31 PM
General

Scores for Sunday, December 6

A-10 scores:
La Salle (0-3) 59 @ Army (4-1) 63
La Salle (0-3) @ Temple (0-0) postponed

Flyer foes:
Northern Kentucky (2-1) @ Butler (1-0) postponed

Top 25 scores:
Western Michigan (0-2) 61 @ #8 Michigan State (5-0) 79
BE-B12 Battle: #11 West Virginia (4-1) 80 @ Georgetown (1-2) 71
BE-B12 Battle: #12 Villanova (4-1) 68 @ #17 Texas (4-1) 54
Grambling (1-3) 40 @ #17 Texas Tech (4-1) 81
Pit Boss Grills: #20 Kentucky (1-3) 62 @ Georgia Tech (1-2) 79
Elon (2-0) @ #6 Duke (2-1) postponed

Other games:
Pepperdine (2-2) 60 @ San Diego State (4-0) 65
Missouri (3-0) 72 @ Wichita State (1-1) 62
Central Florida (1-1) 58 @ Michigan (4-0) 80
Seton Hall (2-3) 98 @ Penn State (2-1) 92 (OT)
Detroit Mercy (0-2) 70 @ Notre Dame (1-1) 78
Oklahoma (2-0) 82 @ TCU (4-1) 78
DePaul (0-0) @ Iowa State (1-1) canceled
Crosstown Shootout: Xavier (6-0) 77 @ Cincinnati (1-1) 69

Runnin' Rebel (12-07-2020)
Old 12-06-2020, 11:15 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Ohio University beat Cleveland State this afternoon 101-46. OU set an all time NCAA D-I record by scoring 40 points in a row. That's right - a 40-0 run. After the run the score was 86-25. Yikes.
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (12-07-2020)
Old 12-07-2020, 08:58 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
A couple of observations from yesterday’s results:
-Arizona “spanked” Eastern Washington (they of the 0-2 record) by a whopping 3 points - at home. We’re not the only program that’s struggling this year.
-Did Wright State really beat Miami by 24? My, how that once-proud program has fallen!
Posted via Mobile Device
And how about Kansas beating 0-4 North Dakota St. by 4 (65-61) at home. I think we are all panicking too much at this point.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (12-07-2020), SeasonTicketFan (12-07-2020)