Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 09:26 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
I noticed the way you skipped over my post Smitty. Just ignore when you really don't have a response...not the first time either!
Wait your turn!!

Okay, I see no post by you addressing me. Did you quote something? Did you address "Smitty" in it? If you didn't, learn how to communicate on a message board before you whine.

Last edited by Smitty10; 03-20-2018 at 09:30 PM..
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2018, 09:36 PM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
We are definitely headed into a very contentious off-season.

FWIW (not much), I have no issue with someone with the rose colored glasses faction, I think the "my school right or wrong" mindset is a little silly and at times far too thin skinned and often whiny but usually harmless.

If a kid does stupid things off court, I think there is every reason and every right to call the kid out. If you want to play big kid ball, you get the bid kid spotlight. Know it going in.

I think criticism of play, the coaching, the fans, etc is all fair game and should be expected in a message board. I have in the past stated I thought it might be beneficial to a kid and/or the program to pursue another opportunity. However, I never attended a class where "so and so SUCKS" would pass for criticism. To me, that moves into childish trolling. I'm all for trolling someone with a reasoned insight. Hell, it probably should be referred to as a Rollo.

Is there any chance of getting this train back on the track? I'm at a point that I actually looking forward to the annual Wright State debate.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:41 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
As far as I know both crosby and pierce are still with the team. In both cases it's not just black and white nor open shut. A lot going on in the background which may have quited or settled down since departure of XW.
Mad Props to Avid Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bucketnight (03-20-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 10:20 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
You like this site so you can sit behind your keyboard and stir the pot.

You said earlier you saw no difference between Meachum and Svboda. Posters point out two very specific things and you completely ignore the most important difference (the timing) and belittle the second cultural, language, distance differences. I'd add a third: there was a sense, right or wrong, that Meachum was just auditioning at UD and he went into his one season with UD with the sole intent of showing off his skills to get the Illinois scholarship.
Smitty...answer how the timing isn't different? Direct enough for you?
Old 03-20-2018, 10:21 PM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Avid Flyer View Post
As far as I know both crosby and pierce are still with the team. In both cases it's not just black and white nor open shut. A lot going on in the background which may have quited or settled down since departure of XW.
I Crosby understands and accepts his place, ideally toward the end of the bench, then I don't have a major issues with bringing him back because he is a returning senior. I probably would feel different if it wasn't for his senior season.

As for Pierce, I get that you can't teach size. But AG better be sure the kid isn't a liability in the locker room. Dysfunction two consecutive years is a digging a hole that would be very hard to overcome... alum or not.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:29 PM
Major

Flyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Monster Man View Post
Smitty and maddog like to act tough behind their keyboard. Neither would say sh!t to Svoboda's face. I don't understand the anger and hostility towards this kid. You would think that both have never seen a freshman struggle in their first year of D1 basketball. Have a stiff drink and let it go or do you enjoy acting like miserable, angry people?
They are like a country song.... wife divorced him, kids hate him, holes in his cowboy boots, dog died, and they repossessed his truck and house, and he lost his job. He uses the public computers at the library. St. Vincent kicked them out of the homeless shelter.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:41 PM
General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Smitty...answer how the timing isn't different? Direct enough for you?
The timing is 3 months. I guarantee you would all be on here kissing Svoboda's a ss even if he waited until June. The difference is one hurt the team and the other doesn't. Period. The reason it doesn't hurt the team is he sucks. Period. I hate repeating myself.
Okay, and I guarantee you that if Meacham would've announced his transfer in March, he would've been just as hated upon.

All the other garbage about him knowing he was here only as an audition for Illinois is more unsubstantiated speculation. Anything to make him out to look more sinister because of the hate.

And you know what? You know it too.

Oh and one other thing, I have a mob of kool-aid drinkers taking idiotic shots at me all day long while you get to be part of the mob. So don't expect me to respond to every single stupid take each and every one of you have. Got it?

Last edited by Smitty10; 03-20-2018 at 10:47 PM..
Old 03-20-2018, 10:56 PM
General

Smitty and maddog like to act tough behind their keyboard. Neither would say sh!t to Svoboda's face. I don't understand the anger and hostility towards this kid. You would think that both have never seen a freshman struggle in their first year of D1 basketball. Have a stiff drink and let it go or do you enjoy acting like miserable, angry people?
So you say because I give my opinion on a message board on his play that I'm a coward. I'll make you a deal, you go have AG or MS drop their drawers, then stick you nose up their crack while giving that nice meaty part of their bodies a smooch, like you basically do on a message board, I'll say what I do to their faces right afterward. Okay brownnose?
Old 03-20-2018, 10:56 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 3,137 Times in 795 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
We all hate you repeating yourself too.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to John C. For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (03-21-2018), MNFats (03-21-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 10:57 PM
General

Originally Posted by John C. View Post
We all hate you repeating yourself too.
An editor that's a kool-aid drinker. Your message board is becoming pure fiction like I said (I know, repeating myself) and you ain't helping.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:07 PM

Thanked 6,616 Times in 3,023 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
See, it doesn't take a psychiatrist to figure out what's going on here.

1. AG is an alumni, therefore in the eyes of you and your fellow mob, AG only loses due to legitimate excuses and is always right.

2. AG disciplined players that have proven in the past that they can contribute. Those players must be bad, very bad human beings.

3. AG played Svoboda so therefore Svoboda is good, Svoboda is great, Svoboda is a saint. Because even though he can't put a basketball into a hoop, he is liked by the alumni coach who only loses due to circumstances outside his control. And therefore he's a great ball player who would've carried this team to heights we've never seen. So while people with objective opinions can see his ceiling is below a Bobby Wehrli, the AG apologists see another Devin Oliver.
This reply has absolutely nothing to do with my post.

And now you've added "he sucks."

Last edited by longtimefan; 03-20-2018 at 11:13 PM..
Old 03-20-2018, 11:13 PM
General

Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
This reply has absolutely nothing to do with my post.
The reply has everything to do with you, the worst offender.

And as far as ripping on him, only as a player, not as a person. He plays basketball like a bum.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:19 PM

Thanked 6,616 Times in 3,023 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute

And as far as ripping on him, only as a player, not as a person. He plays basketball like a bum.
No, you didn't say he plays basketball like a bum. You said he is a "bum from another country." You called him a bum more than once. Admit it.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:28 PM
General

Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
No, you didn't say he plays basketball like a bum. You said he is a "bum from another country." You called him a bum more than once. Admit it.
I don't have to, that was my intention. If I say "Dyshawn Pierre is great", would you know that I'm talking about his basketball playing? I don't know these guys personally so I can't comment on any other aspect. So calm down little girl and know when I give an opinion on this board regarding a player or coach it's directed at their role in the basketball program. Now, if I call you a bum, that would be based on the persona you project on this board. You're not a bum. You're a whiny little girl.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:30 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute

Svoboda did more for this team this year than XW ever did. And don't underestimate the damage or effect that XW had in the locker room. One year does not a player make, nor a career.
Mad Props to longtimefan67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (03-21-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 11:30 PM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder what the weather is like in Czechoslovakia this time of year?
Old 03-20-2018, 11:35 PM
General

Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post
Svoboda did more for this team this year than XW ever did. And don't underestimate the damage or effect that XW had in the locker room. One year does not a player make, nor a career.
Oh, were you in the locker room? I didn't know, if you were that would make you more credible. Otherwise you're just spouting off more unsubstantiated garbage. On the court, we've been through this, XW won us one game, Svoboda won your heart little girl but no games. Big difference.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:47 PM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Old 03-21-2018, 12:04 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, were you in the locker room? I didn't know, if you were that would make you more credible. Otherwise you're just spouting off more unsubstantiated garbage. On the court, we've been through this, XW won us one game, Svoboda won your heart little girl but no games. Big difference.
XW was cancer little boy. And how many games did he cost us because he chose not to play or play hard. He quit the coach, team and fans. I’ll take Svoboda any day over XW. Thats the real difference.

Last edited by longtimefan67; 03-21-2018 at 12:10 AM..
Old 03-21-2018, 01:28 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Here you go Smitty - and then I'm done cause this is going nowhere fast.

You are ripping into everyone else because we are making assumptions about what Svoboda is thinking - but you feel perfectly comfortable telling us what we are thinking. Seems odd that you get to do it and we don't.

Here is an article from December. 5 bullet points about Svoboda. Not a single one of them is about his play on the court. Each one is about him trying to be comfortable here and missing being with friends and family back home. We aren't making this stuff up.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...UbcsiTH1Mk8EP/

And in case it was lost in the rest of the nonsense in this thread - Matej - almost all of the Flyer Faithful wish you well.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:39 AM
General

Originally Posted by MNFats View Post
Here you go Smitty - and then I'm done cause this is going nowhere fast.

You are ripping into everyone else because we are making assumptions about what Svoboda is thinking - but you feel perfectly comfortable telling us what we are thinking. Seems odd that you get to do it and we don't.

Here is an article from December. 5 bullet points about Svoboda. Not a single one of them is about his play on the court. Each one is about him trying to be comfortable here and missing being with friends and family back home. We aren't making this stuff up.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...UbcsiTH1Mk8EP/

And in case it was lost in the rest of the nonsense in this thread - Matej - almost all of the Flyer Faithful wish you well.
He feels more comfortable with every passing day.
Everything was pretty foreign at first but now he’s more comfortable with the team and the concepts they play.
He might have had a little homesickness but he is really comfortable here.
He will miss seeing his family for Christmas but that’s OK.
He agreed having time to focus more on basketball during break could be good for them.
All that proves is back in December he was happy and feeling more and more comfortable every day. Nice try though. And posting nonsense like this, I can see why you state you're not posting again on the subject because you know darn well that this contradicts your point. Hit and run. I wish this board would come back to reality. But this kind of crap is showing it's an epidemic.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:03 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
The timing is 3 months. I guarantee you would all be on here kissing Svoboda's a ss even if he waited until June. The difference is one hurt the team and the other doesn't. Period. The reason it doesn't hurt the team is he sucks. Period. I hate repeating myself.
Okay, and I guarantee you that if Meacham would've announced his transfer in March, he would've been just as hated upon.

All the other garbage about him knowing he was here only as an audition for Illinois is more unsubstantiated speculation. Anything to make him out to look more sinister because of the hate.

Oh and one other thing, I have a mob of kool-aid drinkers taking idiotic shots at me all day long while you get to be part of the mob. So don't expect me to respond to every single stupid take each and every one of you have. Got it?
You're becoming a real embarrassment. So now you "guarantee us" what we would be feeling and saying..

Last edited by steve; 03-21-2018 at 07:07 AM..
Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 07:32 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Do I, or anyone else know what MS is feeling/thinking? No. But I think most of us can put ourselves in his shoes. We know we would greatly miss our significant others and children in his position.

At the same time, some of us only saw the bad on the court, while others only good. We have seen plenty of players who were not very good as freshmen who went on to have solid careers. Shoot, I recall some on here saying one of our sophomores this past season was a wasted scholarship after is freshman year. The best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores.

Some of this argument reminds me of the current political climate. I'm right, you're wrong, and there ain't no in between.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:38 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute

Me think doth protest too much...

So many holes in this argument I wouldn't even know where to start. Sometimes buffoonery just needs a light shined on it.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:42 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
There were stories that whenever Meachum played basketball video games, he always chose to Illinois, so not exactly unsubstantiated.
Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Jeff (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 08:18 AM

Thanked 15,872 Times in 6,979 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
_avier, Meachum, Mack...some of you hold grudges way too long.

Breath in...exhale...relax...

Old 03-21-2018, 08:29 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
I need this BS to stop ....I am talking about 3 inches of snow in Spring. I need to get on the golf course.
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Jeff (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 08:48 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,607 Times in 694 Posts
Monster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond repute
So you say because I give my opinion on a message board on his play that I'm a coward. I'll make you a deal, you go have AG or MS drop their drawers, then stick you nose up their crack while giving that nice meaty part of their bodies a smooch, like you basically do on a message board, I'll say what I do to their faces right afterward. Okay brownnose?
Thanks for making my point again, tough guy. I'll bet you're about 5'7, 140 lbs. You are really making an ass of yourself on this thread.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:58 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,556 Times in 3,701 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Smitty-

1. Drink a big big adult beverage
2. Smoke a bong full
3. Spend 90 seconds with one of Rollos daily motivators
4. If none of the above help you be happier, your a lost cause. Relax and enjoy life a bit
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-21-2018), Monster Man (03-21-2018), NJFlyr71 (03-21-2018), NorthwestFlyer (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 09:11 AM
Captain

MikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to behold
This whole thing is childish. I only care about 1 thing. How is this affecting the team forward. Stop children. Take a timeout.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:37 AM

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by frisco flyer View Post
I wonder what the weather is like in Czechoslovakia this time of year?
A point of clarification. Czechoslovakia no longer exists. It is now two countries, the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 11:08 AM
General

Thanked 5,432 Times in 2,372 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
I guarantee you would all be on here kissing Svoboda's a ss even if he waited until June.

All the other garbage about him knowing he was here only as an audition for Illinois is more unsubstantiated speculation.

Today's lesson: "How to spot unsubstantiated speculation" hosted by Smitty10
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 11:20 AM
Major

UDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
Seriously: he couldn't score in his last five appearances!
He was last in fg%, last in minutes played, last in fg, a grand total of 25, made 2--two ft's, last in scoring average, not last in blocks!!! He had, count em ...2, way last in 3pt %, last in rebounds. His performance speaks for itself. He was horrible. Going pro, what a laugh. I'm amazed his withdrawal took so long.

Now we need Crosby to go. Unfortunately UMBC is probably not an option, he couldn't make that squad.

AG----Making the Flyers Great Again!
Posted via Mobile Device
He madguy...have some class and represent UD with dignity.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:20 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
If by class you mean not accurately representing truth and reality I can't help you. I simply factually laid out the case for a player who held us back, and by taking up a valuable spot helped make us a bottom feeder in a weak league, and can't contribute to the championship level UD basketball aspires to. If you just want nice kids who can't play, perhaps you should consider Fordham.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Smitty10 (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 01:38 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDTradition View Post
He madguy...have some class and represent UD with dignity.
You got a better chance of being mentioned by the Powerball committee than that happening...
Old 03-21-2018, 01:38 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,151 Times in 2,712 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Why not the same disdain for Xeyrius? He didn't have the guts to give it his all in practice and earn playing time whereas MS busted it in practice to get the playing time. Don't give me the sad story of his "bad back" because I don't believe that for a second.
Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 04:05 PM
General

Thanked 5,432 Times in 2,372 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
If by class you mean not accurately representing truth and reality I can't help you. I simply factually laid out the case for a player who held us back, and by taking up a valuable spot helped make us a bottom feeder in a weak league, and can't contribute to the championship level UD basketball aspires to. If you just want nice kids who can't play, perhaps you should consider Fordham.
Posted via Mobile Device
Smitty and maddog are considered by many on this board to be total jagoffs.

-or-

Smitty and maddog are people who often have non-consensus views that can at times be controversial.

Both are true statements. Both accurately represent reality. Guess which one shows more class.

Well, I probably shouldn't ask you, you couldn't help me.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
John C. (03-21-2018), MNFats (03-21-2018), San Diego Flyer (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 04:42 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

IndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Class and civility, there is a novel concept that a few on this board could use a lesson in.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:51 PM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
You would figure with Smitty's attitude he would have smiled and said good riddance to a players departure that doesn't fit what he looks for in a player. Instead, he continues to pound a keyboard even when he gets his way.

So if AG rights this ship the way many of us are hoping for, does that mean you go away? Or will you ***** and moan about hot dog prices and the fact they rarely have porters and stouts on the concourse?
Old 03-21-2018, 05:28 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Why not the same disdain for Xeyrius? He didn't have the guts to give it his all in practice and earn playing time whereas MS busted it in practice to get the playing time. Don't give me the sad story of his "bad back" because I don't believe that for a second.
Didn't see the need. X was pretty much universally and properly vilified. I don't need to balance out comments. I simply objected to those supporting MS. Sure, perhaps he worked hard, gave his all....still he was awful and his stats overwhelmingly support that. I guess some here only want positives. Well that's just too bad. Winning is all I care about.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:22 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,314 Times in 1,327 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
Smitty and maddog are considered by many on this board to be total jagoffs.

-or-

Smitty and maddog are people who often have non-consensus views that can at times be controversial.

Both are true statements. Both accurately represent reality. Guess which one shows more class.

Well, I probably shouldn't ask you, you couldn't help me.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:33 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,001 Times in 493 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
Didn't see the need. X was pretty much universally and properly vilified. I don't need to balance out comments. I simply objected to those supporting MS. Sure, perhaps he worked hard, gave his all....still he was awful and his stats overwhelmingly support that. I guess some here only want positives. Well that's just too bad. Winning is all I care about.
I think that about says it all. You objected to people “supporting” a guy who worked hard and kept his nose clean when he announced he was leaving. Whether it was because of a lack of ability or any other reason it didn’t work out for him at UD. I don’t see a bunch of people on here arguing that he was a great player, just wishing him well.

I’ll say again, he is leaving. Why do you feel the need to convince people he was a bad player? There’s just no reasonable explanation for it unless you are just a jerk. You’re not a jerk are you?
Mad Props to Flyers98 For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 06:42 PM
General

Originally Posted by Flyers98 View Post
I think that about says it all. You objected to people “supporting” a guy who worked hard and kept his nose clean when he announced he was leaving. Whether it was because of a lack of ability or any other reason it didn’t work out for him at UD. I don’t see a bunch of people on here arguing that he was a great player, just wishing him well.

I’ll say again, he is leaving. Why do you feel the need to convince people he was a bad player? There’s just no reasonable explanation for it unless you are just a jerk. You’re not a jerk are you?
Since you're such an upstanding person when it comes to taking the high road, why did you wait for this particular player to decide once they leave, no more negatives are called for. Where was this post when all the negatives about XW were still being spewed after he announced he was leaving the program? There were many more guilty of that.

Oh I know, because you're on the same side as the rest of the mob on here. So if it's someone you like, knock off the negatives, but if it's someone you don't like, keep 'em coming. You all are a joke.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:47 PM
Colonel

Monster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond repute
Since you're such an upstanding person when it comes to taking the high road, why did you wait for this particular player to decide once they leave, no more negatives are called for. Where was this post when all the negatives about XW were still being spewed after he announced he was leaving the program? There were many more guilty of that.

Oh I know, because you're on the same side as the rest of the mob on here. So if it's someone you like, knock off the negatives, but if it's someone you don't like, keep 'em coming. You all are a joke.
Ok, go kick your dog now.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Monster Man For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyers98 (03-21-2018), TerryK_67 (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 06:58 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,001 Times in 493 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
So the third grade classic “he did it too” is where we are now? People are criticizing X’s choices and his quitting on his teammates mid season. There’s a huge difference between that and trashing MS, who I will once again repeat, YOU WANT TO LEAVE.

I would guess that based on talent alone most fans wouldn’t have wanted X to leave but he made his own leaving necessary by choice. If you can’t see the difference in those situations there is no sense is discussing it further.
Mad Props to Flyers98 For This Totally Excellent Post:
shocka43 (03-22-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 07:27 PM
General

Ok, go kick your dog now.
I love my dogs. But I'd be happy to kick you in the face.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:50 PM
Colonel

I love my dogs. But I'd be happy to kick you in the face.
Now you're making threats. You have some serious issues.
Mad Props to Monster Man For This Totally Excellent Post:
longtimefan (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 07:55 PM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Some?
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NorthwestFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (03-21-2018), longtimefan (03-21-2018), Monster Man (03-21-2018), TerryK_67 (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 07:57 PM
General

Do you even know what a threat is? I nowhere threatened you. I just told you what would make me happy.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:42 PM
Colonel

Do you even know what a threat is? I nowhere threatened you. I just told you what would make me happy.
95% of the posters, or the mob/joke as we're called, tell you regularly that you're an angry, miserable hothead. In spite of that, you respond by raising the level even higher and proving everyone's point.
Mad Props to Monster Man For This Totally Excellent Post:
longtimefan (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 10:56 PM
General

95% of the posters, or the mob/joke as we're called, tell you regularly that you're an angry, miserable hothead. In spite of that, you respond by raising the level even higher and proving everyone's point.
No, that just shows they know as much about me as they do about basketball. Pretty pathetic for a basketball forum.

Did you go and look up the definition of "threat". Please tell me you didn't go to school at UD, otherwise the basketball program is the least of our worries.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:05 PM
Colonel

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
Smitty10, you have finally achieved equality with the ah, self anointed king,..... you are on "ignore"! Congrats!
May you and Rollo have a GREAT life together!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TerryK_67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (03-22-2018), Smitty10 (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 11:15 PM
General

Originally Posted by TerryK_67 View Post
Smitty10, you have finally achieved equality with the ah, self anointed king,..... you are on "ignore"! Congrats!
Now that makes me proud to be a Flyers fan.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:17 PM
Major

Flyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TerryK_67 View Post
I think Rollo is kind of funny you are just a pathetic human being, but what do I know. This is a basketball forum not a personal attack forum. He’s going home and nothing is changing that so give it up.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:14 AM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Another thread that has long outlived its usefulness and should just be closed at this point. Good luck in future endeavors Matej.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:32 AM

Thanked 17,094 Times in 5,099 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
One cannot improve on saying nothing. The e-thug life.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
frisco flyer (03-22-2018), Gazoo (03-22-2018)
Closed Thread