UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > STEVEN E. YUHAS MEMORIAL LOUNGE > Off-Topic Gibberish

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 07-07-2020, 11:46 AM
General

Thanked 3,764 Times in 1,707 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Lawrence Ferlinghetti Quote

“Pity the nation whose people are sheep,
and whose shepherds mislead them.
Pity the nation whose leaders are liars, whose sages are silenced,
and whose bigots haunt the airwaves.
Pity the nation that raises not its voice,
except to praise conquerors and acclaim the bully as hero
and aims to rule the world with force and by torture.
Pity the nation that knows no other language but its own
and no other culture but its own.
Pity the nation whose breath is money
and sleeps the sleep of the too well fed.
Pity the nation — oh, pity the people who allow their rights to erode
and their freedoms to be washed away.
My country, tears of thee, sweet land of liberty.”
- Lawrence Ferlinghetti

Advertisement
Old 07-07-2020, 02:02 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 7,354 Times in 4,178 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Glen. That writing sums up exactly the Black Lives Matter and Antifa, et al movements and the media and politicians who are following their lead like blind sheep.

"Pity the nation that raises not its voice, except to praise conquerors and acclaim the bully as hero."

I have seen a bunch in my 70 years, but nothing close to this, and it is scaring the crap out of me.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Monster Man (07-07-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 02:13 PM

Thanked 4,091 Times in 2,714 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
With all that is going on lately, I keep thinking of this Ronald Reagan quote. I think some people just assume that things will always be the way they are, things can change and deteriorate very quickly.

https://www.reaganlibrary.gov/resear...ches/01051967a:

Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative.Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction.It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people.Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again.

Last edited by ud2; 07-07-2020 at 02:17 PM..
Old 07-07-2020, 03:07 PM

Thanked 13,501 Times in 5,976 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Old 07-07-2020, 04:00 PM

Thanked 7,169 Times in 3,452 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Lawrence is not a person who I put great stock into his political views, but I do agree with this line:

Originally Posted by Glen Clark View Post
oh, pity the people who allow their rights to erode
and their freedoms to be washed away.
I like to think of it in terms of the Bill of Rights promised by the Constitution. Every generation has to fight for the preservation of those rights.