UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > STEVEN E. YUHAS MEMORIAL LOUNGE > Off-Topic Gibberish

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 07-18-2020, 10:28 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,733 Times in 837 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's VP

Watch for Elizabeth Warren to move to the top of Biden's list for VP. He may need her for Union solidarity as Trump had some appeal to the Frackers in Pa and elsewhere. Biden will close the coal industry and trump will energize it. Warren worked for AFSCME and the AFL-CIO prior to becoming a Senator. Steel workers are pro-Trump as well. So are the F.O.P and Firefighters in the public sector.
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2020, 10:56 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 8,334 Times in 3,470 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alberto Strasse View Post
Watch for Elizabeth Warren to move to the top of Biden's list for VP. He may need her for Union solidarity as Trump had some appeal to the Frackers in Pa and elsewhere. Biden will close the coal industry and trump will energize it. Warren worked for AFSCME and the AFL-CIO prior to becoming a Senator. Steel workers are pro-Trump as well. So are the F.O.P and Firefighters in the public sector.
FOP hasn't endorsed anyone yet. The National Association of Police Organizations has. They have roughly 241,000 members while the FOP has over 325,000 members. Once the FOP endorses a candidate, that candidate will have the largest police union in the country behind them.
Old 07-19-2020, 11:50 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,041 Times in 913 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Coal is dead. Not because of politics or policy. It’s dead because of cheap gas. No president will change that. No policy or law will change it either. Coal’s best days are in the rear view mirror.
Old 07-20-2020, 08:35 AM
General

Thanked 6,450 Times in 2,697 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by frisco flyer View Post
Coal is dead. Not because of politics or policy. Itís dead because of cheap gas. No president will change that.
Joe Biden says hold my beer
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fudd (07-20-2020)
Old 07-20-2020, 03:49 PM
Major General

frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
Joe Biden says hold my beer
I actually have years of experience in the energy industry and I believe I know the techno-economics better than most, but donít let facts get in the way of a nice political zinger.

It is sad to see what weíve become. The saving grace is I know we are better than this.
Old 07-20-2020, 03:54 PM

Thanked 6,047 Times in 2,988 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
I actually have years of experience in the energy industry and I believe I know the techno-economics better than most, but donít let facts get in the way of a nice political zinger.

It is sad to see what weíve become. The saving grace is I know we are better than this.
You may have years of experience in the energy industry and know the techno-economics better than most but you are are wrong if you think we are better than this.
Old 07-20-2020, 03:58 PM

Thanked 7,169 Times in 3,452 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
I actually have years of experience in the energy industry and I believe I know the techno-economics better than most, but don’t let facts get in the way of a nice political zinger.

It is sad to see what we’ve become. The saving grace is I know we are better than this.
Appreciate your perspective on this, and I don't think we should artificially prop up coal if it is not economically feasible anymore. I don't like the way that Hillary promised to wipe it out for her "Green Initiatives". She said something like, "I'm going to put them all out of work" proudly in her 2016 election campaign. I don't want to artificially wipe it out either.

And Clayton, that was a good political zinger. I actually laughed when I read it.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (07-20-2020), jack72 (07-21-2020)
Old 07-20-2020, 04:18 PM
General

ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Coal is dead. Not because of politics or policy. Itís dead because of cheap gas. No president will change that. No policy or law will change it either. Coalís best days are in the rear view mirror.

So are you saying that no matter what Joe Biden does if he were to win, gas will remain cheap? $1.99 on my street corner just now.
Old 07-20-2020, 04:51 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
So are you saying that no matter what Joe Biden does if he were to win, gas will remain cheap? $1.99 on my street corner just now.
Iím saying gas will remain cheaper than the alternatives, including coal, no matter what any president does or doesnít do.

Gas is cheap because fracking made it abundant. We are energy-independent, and no president in their right mind would do anything to make us dependent on foreign oil ever again. That includes Biden, IMHO. The undesirable environmental impacts of fracking have largely been addressed, and the carbon footprint of gas is much lower than coal or any other hydrocarbon fuel. Until renewables become more dependable, gas is here to stay.

You can share this information with President Trump the next time you caddy for him.
Old 07-20-2020, 05:09 PM

Thanked 5,163 Times in 2,283 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
no president in their right mind would do anything to make us dependent on foreign oil ever again. That includes Biden, IMHO.
That assumes Biden is in his right mind. A very dubious assumption IMHOP.
Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (07-20-2020)
Old 07-20-2020, 05:17 PM
General

You can share this information with President Trump the next time you caddy for him.
So I make a smart ass "hold my beer" comment about Biden and you say "It is sad to see what weíve become. The saving grace is I know we are better than this ". Double standard or you just trying to keep up with those of us who enjoy a good laugh?

I realize coal is for the most part a thing of the past. My entire comment was aimed at Joe not screwing up gas prices.
Old 07-20-2020, 06:13 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,130 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
Coal is dead. Not because of politics or policy. Itís dead because of cheap gas. No president will change that. No policy or law will change it either. Coalís best days are in the rear view mirror.
Demand for oil is down due to COVID lockdowns & the ensuing economic contraction. North Dakota shale oil is getting destroyed right now. When demand returns (after supply resets to current equilibrium), expect energy costs to skyrocket.

Uncle Joeís war on coal/oil/toaster/look, squirrel!/where am I again? will have a predictably bad outcome for consumers.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Viperstick For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (07-20-2020), Monster Man (07-20-2020), ud2 (07-21-2020)
Old 07-21-2020, 09:15 AM

Thanked 7,354 Times in 4,178 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Cheap gas is here to stay, until it's not. Anyone who says they can predict the future of oil prices can buy me some lottery tickets. It has been just a few years since the oil experts were predicting $200 oil. If the Democrats gain control and if they slap heavy tax and regulations on oil and gas, poof goes the low price.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:31 AM

Thanked 4,091 Times in 2,714 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Somebody took a photo/video of a piece of paper Biden was holding, and the paper said that Kamala Harris is his VP pick. Could be a head fake.

Also, Politico? ran a story on their website dated Aug 1, saying that KH was the pick. The story was later removed.

California is already locked up, KH does not help him electorally. And she is not super-progressive is she? Bernie supporters may not be thrilled.

Last edited by ud2; 07-29-2020 at 12:39 AM..
Old 07-29-2020, 05:44 AM

Thanked 8,334 Times in 3,470 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Iím saying gas will remain cheaper than the alternatives, including coal, no matter what any president does or doesnít do.
I don't drive a locomotive to work and 89 octane doesn't power my home...

With that said, doesn't coal account for a quarter of our domestic electricity production?

I imagine you are meaning gas...by natural gas...which is fine...but how to we make up for the death of coal if it accounts for 1/4 of our domestic electric?

Seems as though we are still going to heavily rely on it.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (07-29-2020), ud2 (07-29-2020), Viperstick (07-29-2020)
Old 07-29-2020, 09:35 AM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't see how coal is going anywhere. I look at my electric bill, and IIRC, 99% or 97% of the power comes from coal, so I am totally confused by somebody saying that coal is dead.
Old 07-30-2020, 09:49 AM

California congresswoman Karen Bass, Harris, and Susan Rice are reportedly the 3 VP finalists. Bass is considered a left wing extremist by some.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/politi...r_3442708.html:

Biden told reporters in Delaware on Tuesday that he’s going to choose his running mate in the first week in August.