Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-27-2017, 04:12 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

mikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud of
attending UD vs DU

I will be there with a couple of alums from Pittsburgh.
Who else is going?
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2017, 05:00 PM
2nd Lieutenant

Jay O'Leary is a splendid one to beholdJay O'Leary is a splendid one to beholdJay O'Leary is a splendid one to beholdJay O'Leary is a splendid one to beholdJay O'Leary is a splendid one to beholdJay O'Leary is a splendid one to beholdJay O'Leary is a splendid one to beholdJay O'Leary is a splendid one to behold
I will be there (season ticket holder at DU) with my son and grand-son. Hope the UD fans outnumber the DU fans. They average less than 900 fans and only 10-30 students. More come out for the UD and Pitt games though. Do you realize that DU has not been to the NCAA Tournament since 1979! Can you imagine being a fan and never going to the dance?
Old 12-27-2017, 05:10 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,377 Times in 809 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jay O'Leary View Post
I will be there (season ticket holder at DU) with my son and grand-son. Hope the UD fans outnumber the DU fans. They average less than 900 fans and only 10-30 students. More come out for the UD and Pitt games though. Do you realize that DU has not been to the NCAA Tournament since 1979! Can you imagine being a fan and never going to the dance?
Actually, I think it was 1977 — four decades. Ouch!
Old 12-27-2017, 06:00 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,914 Times in 2,926 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
I plan to be there but have to get to Erie, PA first and they have had 50” of snow in 2 days
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-28-2017, 10:33 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,167 Times in 450 Posts
jpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond repute
We will be there weather permitting. My first trip to Pittsburg any place we should eat before the game?
Old 12-28-2017, 10:40 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,151 Times in 2,712 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Gotta go to Primanti brothers if you have never been
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (12-28-2017), jpk4ud (12-28-2017)
Old 12-28-2017, 11:26 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

FlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond repute
The best brunch (but any meal is great) is at the Grand Concourse off downtown across the river. You can also walk to the incline for a great view. Primanti Bros is very good, also check out the Strip District Area for many eateries. Easy Uber from venue, plenty of parking.

Have been here a few years now I will say Pittsburgh is a great town.
Mad Props to FlyerBob For This Totally Excellent Post:
jpk4ud (12-28-2017)
Old 12-29-2017, 10:08 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,122 Times in 4,168 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jpk4ud View Post
We will be there weather permitting. My first trip to Pittsburg any place we should eat before the game?
I have been to Pittsburgh once.

We ate at August Henry's, 946 Penn Avenue, it was good.

Also ate at Bella Vista, 1204 Grandview Avenue, it was also good, great view of the city and the 3 rivers junction, located on top of a hill overlooking the 3 rivers/downtown area, southwest of downtown. There were several restaurants on Grandview.

The Strip District and South Side area have a bunch of places.

I thought the incline rides, Point Park, and the stunningly scenic Fort Pitt tunnel drive into downtown, were fun.

Last edited by ud2; 12-29-2017 at 10:21 PM..
Old 12-30-2017, 09:16 AM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,914 Times in 2,926 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
If you are staying over until Sunday and want to try the brunch at the Grand Concourse that Flyer Bob recommended be forewarned that the Steelers play at home at 1:00 pm so it will be crowded.

Worth the wait however!
Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyerBob (12-30-2017)