User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 07-10-2008, 10:13 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,111 Times in 2,608 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Dayton's Official Roster released today

http://daytonflyers.cstv.com/sports/...askbl-mtt.html

Mickey Perry #0
London Warren #1
Rob Lowery #3
Chris Johnson #4
Stephen Thomas #11
Charles Little #15
Paul Williams #22
Luke Fabrizius #23
Marcus Johnson #32
Chris Wright #33
Devin Searcy #34
Kurt Huelsman #41
Josh Benson #44
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2008, 10:20 AM
General

Thanked 5,455 Times in 2,384 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
MP is 6-2 197?! Yikes, someone bar the door to Chipotle. Benson and Fabrizius are 6-9 and only 205.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Colonel

udstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
MP is 6-2 197?! Yikes, someone bar the door to Chipotle. Benson and Fabrizius are 6-9 and only 205.
haha thats funny, i see mickey there allll the time. Hopefully hell take fabrizius there cuz hes wayy to lanky
Old 07-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Colonel

udstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud of
what do you think the starting line up will be? I like:

Huelsman
Little
CW
mj
London
Old 07-10-2008, 11:02 AM
General of the Air Force

lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udstevied_D87 View Post
what do you think the starting line up will be? I like:

Huelsman
Little
CW
mj
London

Barring something crazy...that IS what it will be
Old 07-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Colonel

its weird typing that and not seeing the name Brian Roberts
Old 07-10-2008, 11:12 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by udstevied_D87 View Post
its weird typing that and not seeing the name Brian Roberts
yea i know
Old 07-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Colonel

itll also be interesting how BG will use all his guards on the bench. He subs very frequently, so we will see prolly within the first 6 or 7 games who'll be brining up the ball
Old 07-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
MP was listed at 193 last year and he never looked heavy to me and got around well by the end of the year. If he added a few pounds of muscle, this is a good thing.

The impressive gain goes to Searcy, he stacked on about 20lbs. He will need that if he is going to bang around on the inside.

Williams looks like he is coming in with the frame that he needs to get some playing time this year. Benson and Fab will probably average less playing time against "bigger" opponents.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
07-08 08-09 +/-
Mickey Perry 193 197 4
Stephen Thomas 164 170 6
London Warren 180 185 5
Charles Little 237 247 10
Chris Wright 214 226 12
Marcus Johnson 193 196 3
Devin Searcy 208 226 18
Kurt Huelsman 240 245 5
Rob Lowery 165
Chris Johnson 176
Paul Williams 213
Luke Fabrizius 205
Josh Benson 205

Here is the change from year to year. Everyone on the team added at least a few pounds over last year. Take it for what it is, I remember some discussion about Kurt being heavier than what was stated on the roster. I don't know if Little needed to add weight, but it won't hurt if he keeps that vertical of his.

Looks like the formatting skewed on the table.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:08 PM
General

Thanked 5,455 Times in 2,384 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
MP never looked that big. Weird.

Looks like Charles is auditioning for his next career: tight end. I find it really hard to believe that no one would give him a roster spot in the NFL with that kind of frame and athleticism.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:23 PM
General

Thanked 4,338 Times in 2,133 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Charles is auditioning for his next career: tight end. I find it really hard to believe that no one would give him a roster spot in the NFL with that kind of frame and athleticism.
roster spots in the NFL are very hard to come by. 48 men dress, 5 additional bodies on the inactive list and another 6 or so on the "taxi" squad. That means there are only approx. 60 spots per team. With the number of injuries and the fact that many teams use 3 WR sets, finding a spot for a 3rd tight end that has never played before isn't going to happen to often. Charles has the body type, no doubt, but I don't know if he can catch the ball or block effectively enough.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,910 Times in 6,994 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
At 6'2", if Lowery only weighs 165#, he's in trouble. Who's he going to guard? How's he going to survive the middle? Box out???

For his sake, he better have a 35" vertical and be able to bench 250#.

With that kind of frame, I think London's minutes are safe.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:41 PM

Thanked 10,503 Times in 4,705 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute

The one thing that has been missing is a strong "want to" motor---all the time. If the scouts want to compare him to Antonio Gates, or even Matellus Bennett, that's the block they can't check.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:43 PM

Thanked 10,503 Times in 4,705 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
For his sake, he better have a 35" vertical

With that kind of frame, I think London's minutes are safe.
I would bet some Monopoly money that Rob has that.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Major

LebronJames is a glorious beacon of lightLebronJames is a glorious beacon of lightLebronJames is a glorious beacon of lightLebronJames is a glorious beacon of lightLebronJames is a glorious beacon of light
MP is 6-2 197?! Yikes, someone bar the door to Chipotle.

6-2, 197 is not monstrous...

Heck, Marcus Johnson is listed as 6-3, 196 and he is just rock solid, muscular and a good build.

I don't see why the same can not apply to Mickey as well. Apparently he has been working very hard since last season.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Colonel

Looking at the roster, we are more likely to have three guards on the floor with the exception being when CW playing at the 3. Fab may see a little time there as well if his shot is hot and he can keep up on defense.

I think we are going to see MJ, Perry, and Williams grabbing time at the 2 and 3 spots. All should be capable of getting inside a bit, will be able to defend well and all should be a shooting threat. C Johnson will get a few minutes in there as well but will need a lot of grit to take the elbows inside.

If my memory serves me, Perry was grabbing more minutes towards the end of the season and was scoring on the inside and also grabbing quite a few boards. I don't think we would have seen that if he was 170#.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Colonel

Furio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant future
Got to love these "official" rosters heights and weights.
From previous years we discovered Nick Stafford somehow shrank 3 inches from year 1 to year 2. Desmond in year 2 listed as losing 30 pounds when he was still north of 300 pounds.
I hope CL didn't add any more weight his ankles and feet don't need the pounding.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,595 Times in 5,091 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute

I saw MP at the Deveroes. I thought he looked normal during the game, but afterwards all the players turn in their jerseys. I was suprised that he has some good upper body muscle. He was definitely not carrying fat weight.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Colonel

lilrudy4787 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by NorthwestFlyer View Post
07-08 08-09 +/-
Mickey Perry 193 197 4
Stephen Thomas 164 170 6
London Warren 180 185 5
Charles Little 237 247 10
Chris Wright 214 226 12
Marcus Johnson 193 196 3
Devin Searcy 208 226 18
Kurt Huelsman 240 245 5
Rob Lowery 165
Chris Johnson 176
Paul Williams 213
Luke Fabrizius 205
Josh Benson 205

Here is the change from year to year. Everyone on the team added at least a few pounds over last year. Take it for what it is, I remember some discussion about Kurt being heavier than what was stated on the roster. I don't know if Little needed to add weight, but it won't hurt if he keeps that vertical of his.

Looks like the formatting skewed on the table.

its good to see KH and DS both added some weight. DS especially, we need him to come off the bench and grab some major boards. We cant have MJ or CW leading this team in rebounds. They need to be focusing on scoring.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:22 PM

jcubspoe will become famous soon enoughjcubspoe will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by lilrudy4787 View Post
its good to see KH and DS both added some weight. DS especially, we need him to come off the bench and grab some major boards. We cant have MJ or CW leading this team in rebounds. They need to be focusing on scoring.
why can't we have CW lead us in rebounding? I fully expect him to do just that. 8-9 rpg isn't out of the question for him...who's going to get more then that for us?
Old 07-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by jcubspoe View Post
why can't we have CW lead us in rebounding? I fully expect him to do just that. 8-9 rpg isn't out of the question for him...who's going to get more then that for us?
im not saying it couldnt happen, but wouldnt u rather have him put up 20 and 5 rather than 15 and 8?
Old 07-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Major

nbflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
im not saying it couldnt happen, but wouldnt u rather have him put up 20 and 5 rather than 15 and 8?
What's with the trade off? Less rebounds do not mean more points and vice versa. Unless, of course you want CW to start cherry picking and forget defensive rebounding, and for how many second chance points we have given up in the past, it's just not an option.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by nbflyer View Post
What's with the trade off? Less rebounds do not mean more points and vice versa. Unless, of course you want CW to start cherry picking and forget defensive rebounding, and for how many second chance points we have given up in the past, it's just not an option.
it does not mean there will be a trade off for sure, but more rebounds for CW means that someone else will be running for putting up shots in fast break and transition situations. Wouldnt you rather see DS/KH picking up the bulk of the boards and letting our freakish athletes run the floor and score some easy transition baskets?
Old 07-11-2008, 08:55 PM
2nd Lieutenant

jdm470
Did anyone else notice that Chris Wright changed numbers? He's now #33 instead of #23. Sorry to all those who bought #23 jerseys/shirts last year. You know have a Luke Fabrizius jersey.

Also, I just noticed that London is now #1. Well, not literally, but his jersey number.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:23 PM

Thanked 2,210 Times in 975 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
CW is a freak

it does not mean there will be a trade off for sure, but more rebounds for CW means that someone else will be running for putting up shots in fast break and transition situations. Wouldnt you rather see DS/KH picking up the bulk of the boards and letting our freakish athletes run the floor and score some easy transition baskets?
CW will grab defensive rebounds, outlet, and be the second option or the put-back trailer on the break. When he's in his groove, he makes people look like they are standing still.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:12 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,770 Times in 934 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
paul dubs at 213...kid has to be a stud
Old 07-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,939 Times in 2,940 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
That's up 8 lbs. from his HS weight.