User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 07-30-2015, 02:49 PM
General

Thanked 5,460 Times in 2,387 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
No sympathy whatsoever for SMU

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...831-ncaab.html

You sleep with dogs, you get fleas. Period. Same for hiring Coach Cal. It's just a matter of time.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (07-30-2015)
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2015, 03:06 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,302 Times in 3,005 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
He has left behind major sanctions everywhere he has been
Old 07-30-2015, 07:43 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,043 Times in 2,687 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Gosh. I'm shocked!

Seriously, though, you dance with the fire goddess, you're gonna get burned. Better have the aloe ready, SMU!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-30-2015, 07:58 PM

Thanked 4,603 Times in 2,849 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
It's too bad...

In no way do I condone or excuse misconduct in the SMU program. Yet, I admire Brown (in a way).

My season TX are just a few rows behind the visitors bench. Thus, when SMU came to town for the first time I got my first up-close look at Larry Brown...and, I admit I watched him more than the game.

The guy is a celebrity who looks and acts like no other coach I've ever seen. He's a very good looking man in the flesh (I'm straight ferchrisake!)....exceptionally well-dressed....with a polished, indeed, sophisticated court-side demeanor that's just different from anything I've seen in a college coach. No excitement, no yelling, no jumping up and down....just calm and cool no matter what's going on. An interesting guy to watch

Watching Brown was really fascinating. Too bad that he's a tad lax re NCAA rules and regs.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:22 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,285 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
So...SMU got what they wanted in Brown, funding for new and/or upgraded facilities. Now they'll go back to the 1200 fans to watch their soon-to-be-sorry again program.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:27 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,088 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UACFlyer View Post
In no way do I condone or excuse misconduct in the SMU program. Yet, I admire Brown (in a way).

My season TX are just a few rows behind the visitors bench. Thus, when SMU came to town for the first time I got my first up-close look at Larry Brown...and, I admit I watched him more than the game.

The guy is a celebrity who looks and acts like no other coach I've ever seen. He's a very good looking man in the flesh (I'm straight ferchrisake!)....exceptionally well-dressed....with a polished, indeed, sophisticated court-side demeanor that's just different from anything I've seen in a college coach. No excitement, no yelling, no jumping up and down....just calm and cool no matter what's going on. An interesting guy to watch

Watching Brown was really fascinating. Too bad that he's a tad lax re NCAA rules and regs.
UAC haven't you seen a snake oil salesmen before?

They all dress that well and look that good, that is why they get away with selling that same ole oil time after time as they move from one place to another .....

"But he was such a fine young gentleman!" Is the refrain most over heard after they have been discovered to have fleeced everyone in town.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (07-31-2015), jack72 (07-31-2015)
Old 07-31-2015, 09:43 AM

UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Nope...

Originally Posted by NJFlyr71 View Post
UAC haven't you seen a snake oil salesmen before?

They all dress that well and look that good, that is why they get away with selling that same ole oil time after time as they move from one place to another .....

"But he was such a fine young gentleman!" Is the refrain most over heard after they have been discovered to have fleeced everyone in town.
I guess not.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:39 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,538 Times in 783 Posts
N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...831-ncaab.html

You sleep with dogs, you get fleas. Period. Same for hiring Coach Cal. It's just a matter of time.
Adding stipends into the equation should make these types of problems go away.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:43 PM
Captain

Don is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to behold
SMU...again

What brain at SMU, a school that experienced the death penalty already, decided it was wise to roll dice with such a high risk hire? Either the president, AD, and/or trustees need to be housecleaned. And to think it was founded as a Methodist college. John Wesley would be so ashamed!
Old 07-31-2015, 05:10 PM

A bit off topic, but,...

Today's Wall St. Journal has a full page...100%,...on the controversy all but consuming the tOSU band, arguably the best college marching band in the country.

The director that took over in 2012 to "fix" things has been fired and tOSU has, so far, been unable to replace him.

As described, if the culture, behavior, and alumni involvement and influence dominating the tOSU band were associated with an athletics program it would be the scandal of the century. Completely beyond institutional control, it seems.

Sexual assaults, homophobia, gender bias, inappropriate hazing and related behavior of all kinds, a secret song book mocking everything there is to mock, including the holocaust.

Reading the article one is reminded of situations like the really big-time FB schools where just about anything goes and institutional control over coaches is minimal. Except that with the tOSU band apparently even the band director has minimal control compared to very powerful alumni groups.

Nonetheless, having graduated from NU I can vouch for that fact that Big Ten bands have no peer....and tOSU tops the group.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:14 PM
Colonel

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
I would guess that the article and the associated disdain are just a tad biased and one sided.
Mad Props to TerryK_67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (08-10-2015)