UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball > Archived Seasonal Game Threads > 2008-2009 Game Threads

2008-2009 Game Threads Specific threads dedicated to each home and away game for UD Men's Basketball.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 10-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I don't see anyone like Roberts who is a "clear out" lock to get the ball. Hopefully Mickey intills some confidence in the coach to where he will be an option spotting up. I like CW & MJ for their ft shooting if they get hammered. Don't like Little in the mix for the same reason.

I could see Chris Johnson in that scrum after only a few games due to his possibly having the whole package plus a history of being an offensive rebounder.

We should have some situational options in the form of plays as a "go-to" , and not always simply a player.
Advertisement
Old 10-28-2008, 06:17 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
I'm hoping that the ball is in Rob's hands. Try to get Chris or Marcus in a switch mismatch and if that isn't possible then Rob can drive with a bunch of great rebounders crashing the glass. If Rob gets in trouble he can just throw it up in the general area of Chris. I know that Rob hasn't proven anything yet but that would be my ideal situation.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,053 Times in 471 Posts
UD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond repute
Red vs Blue Game Observations

This is my first post and I just wanted to thank everyone who attended the Red vs Blue game and posted their observations. I am more excited than ever for the season to start after reading the positive comments on the freshmen. Although the new guys may not end up starting or getting major minutes, it looks like some will definitely contribute. I'm also looking forward to the battle between LW and RL. I'm rooting for Rob unless London has greatly improved his shooting (inc. free throws) and decision making skills. And many thanks to the courteous and reasonable posters who keep the threads interesting.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UD Sam For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fairborn Fan (10-30-2008), San Diego Flyer (10-29-2008), sheg (10-29-2008), ud69 (10-29-2008), UDF4N4LIF3 (10-29-2008)
Old 10-29-2008, 09:02 PM
General

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,050 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you

Originally Posted by UD Sam View Post
This is my first post and I just wanted to thank everyone who attended the Red vs Blue game and posted their observations. I am more excited than ever for the season to start after reading the positive comments on the freshmen. Although the new guys may not end up starting or getting major minutes, it looks like some will definitely contribute. I'm also looking forward to the battle between LW and RL. I'm rooting for Rob unless London has greatly improved his shooting (inc. free throws) and decision making skills. And many thanks to the courteous and reasonable posters who keep the threads interesting.
. . . and welcome to the board.