User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-20-2017, 10:23 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile OH! Those Unmerciful Basketball gods!

Thoughts under wraps for a few days had finally turned into ideas that by now were taking shape within my head! A basketball tome of epic proportions concerning those men proud to wear the crown of Head Basketball Coach at this great U and their boys who wear the shorts but stand tall in the eyes of fandom in Dayton.

As it was, I sat down to write, putting aside a task of less consequence (that of procuring a spectacular Christmas gift for my wife) I began to pound the alpha-numeric keyboard of hi-tech energy, transferring the verbose prose of singular clarity from my minds tongue into infinitesimally small electronic digits that would shape the future of bulletin fodder.

As those words became special pouring onto the page as easily as distillate from a great bourbon mash goes into bottle I could not help but think what would be.

A Christmas posting such that a few short years from now a UD professor of English Literature would claim this to be THE Christmas Story! Why it could … no IT WOULD replace another classic that Dickens story “whatchamacallit”.

Why as the words continued to flow, it came to me perfectly clear, that my name, Njflyr71, would be mentioned within the same sentence as that other noteworthy UD author Erma Bombeck!

Yes! It made sense to me now, I WAS ON TO SOMETHING!

This tome when finished would elicit a response from the President while on his way to Marine One, who in words only he can proclaim, “It is the most fascinating basketball forum posting ever! No one could have done any better than maybe me. Believe me!”

As I began to formulate the last of these thoughts, crystallizing from brain wave to mere mortal words, I could visualize that once Bo Derek (Of 10! Movie fame) finished reading it, she would be heard to say on Entertainment Tonight, “NO! This … this is a 10! When compared to me, I’m only a 5!”

Finishing up this once in a life time posting and upon review it appeared to me that this brevity of words, simple but focused presentation mimicked that of another great thinker. Einstein and his theory E=MC squared!

Yes, this could be that good!

As I approached placing my mouse cursor near the SUBMIT button, my palms became sweat filled and my knees began to shimmy! Once submitted, those electronic bits of energy would go forth into the night. Mutating into packets of internet glory, transferring from router to modem to ISP. On to servers who knows where! Where would they go? What would they see?

Would by chance those packets go through the DNC secret server? God forbid into WikiLeaks servers (allowing this precious information to get out too soon!). Was the fear that the Russians could hack it over the top?

Maybe, just maybe I was a bit over reacting! Eventually this special assembly of information would find their way to those servers that hold the holy grail of basketball forums … UDPride and on to fame as only a thread as I devised could achieve!

Having pressed SUBMIT, I was off toward that last surviving Blue Light Special at the local Kmart. While looking for that elusive Kmart (maybe the ONLY ONE remaining) I could not be near a computer or mobile device of any kind. Thoughts ran wildly back and forth. When I got back on-line how many replies would my thread receive? 100? 1,000? No likely 10,000! Would it be the faster to 100,000? I could only believe!

However, lo and behold, as I did discover the results of my on-line tome ... there were only 3 replies!

The only thing left to me was to do my best Woodie Allen interpretation and scream,

WTF!!!

Closed! CLOSED!

Suffering the same fate as the local Kmart. The door to Kmart having a sign that stated in no uncertain terms, “This Store CLOSED. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.”

Hope dashed, actually more like destroyed. Those unmerciful basketball moderators had shut down this opportunity of a lifetime!

I had in the final analysis been Rollo’ed!

But this being the holiday time of year, an original thought came to mind. One that I hope will be used this time of year hence forthe:

Merry Christmas Everyone and to All a Goodnight!
9 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (12-20-2017), ClaytonFlyerFan (12-20-2017), FLYER5 (12-20-2017), frisco flyer (12-20-2017), MNFats (12-20-2017), rollo (12-20-2017), San Diego Flyer (12-20-2017), shocka43 (12-20-2017), ud2 (12-20-2017)
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2017, 10:27 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Forego1?? Is that you?
shocka43 (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 11:11 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
I'll never understand why we close threads. While it was a bit ranty - you brought up a perfectly logical topic. It's one we have all thought about. I know I have and I'm Pro-AG. But you invoked the name of "He who shall not be named". And others on this board decided you are not allowed to talk about it.

Next time pick a topic and point of view that they agree with.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-20-2017), rollo (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 11:39 AM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
I cannot think of 1 legit reason that thread should have been closed. Can the moderator who closed it please respond?
ClaytonFlyerFan (12-20-2017), FLYER5 (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 12:19 PM
Just off the Jet

PFlyer will become famous soon enoughPFlyer will become famous soon enough
can someone tell me which thread?
Old 12-20-2017, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by PFlyer View Post
can someone tell me which thread?
http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31603
Old 12-20-2017, 12:48 PM
Major General

NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
In the Spirit of a Fun Loving UD Flyer Fan

This thread was started to place a light-hearted theme to an event that I thought was meant to look at the current programs conditions on a level that based upon what we have and what we had it would probably work out to be about the same Win-Loss status as we see today. It was not meant to disparage any coach or player although I am not naive enough to see that the thread would have the probability to enlist some bashing as all Priders have the ability to opine one way or another.

So THIS thread was to present a perspective that closure of another thread did not impact me negatively ... so be it! I have kept my sense of perspective when maybe those around me either don't have or can't find any.

As I said in the end y'all have a Merry Christmas!
Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 02:10 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,229 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
I cannot think of 1 legit reason that thread should have been closed. Can the moderator who closed it please respond?
Not a mod but it seems to me once the name calling starts the thread goes downhill and is worthless
Mad Props to NCkevi For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 05:38 PM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Flyer5 with the best post...

Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 06:22 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Since I seemed to miss the answer to the above excellent question, can someone answer the question again. Please and Thank you
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-20-2017), MNFats (12-21-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 06:26 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
The flogging (thread locking) will continue until the morale (consideration of the sensitivity of the board gods) improves....peons!

Last edited by FLYER5; 12-20-2017 at 06:36 PM..
Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
cj (12-20-2017)
Old 01-19-2018, 09:05 AM
Major General

Unhappy It appears I have upset the basketball gods in more ways than one!

Last month I up-set the basketball gods here and it seems that the retribution continues but the focus is now on the team rather me, myself and I.

After the embarrassing loss of effort and skills in the City of Brotherly Love, I can only think that it has all been because I up-set the BB gods in my desire to express an unwise opinion ....

I promise to never ever ... well, I will try to never ever ... uh, I will work at never ever ...

OH! He!! Forgetaboutit!