Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Womens Soccer

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 10-30-2019, 09:25 AM
Captain

soccerflyer has a spectacular aura aboutsoccerflyer has a spectacular aura aboutsoccerflyer has a spectacular aura about
Dayton La Salle part # 2 (A10 rematch, #5@#4)

Weather outlook for Saturday is sunny with no rain and a game time temp of 54 in Philadelphia.
It is very difficult to make a prediction on this one but I'm thinking the circumstances will be lower scoring and fewer defensive mistakes. Expecting a 1-0 game either way, first goal wins. La Salle has given up 1.7 goals per game which is 13th in the conference whereas Dayton is more balanced on offense. Dayton 1, La Salle 0 is my new prediction.
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2019, 10:06 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,094 Times in 5,099 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Im going with 2-0 LaSalle. Unfortunately I think our ship sailed in the last 45 minutes of the regular season.

Other predictions: Goins and Sheldon All Rookie. Huber also a possible third.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Old 11-02-2019, 04:07 PM
Captain

soccerflyer has a spectacular aura aboutsoccerflyer has a spectacular aura aboutsoccerflyer has a spectacular aura about
Dayton had the slight edge on shots but La Salle was more efficient and came out with the 1-0 victory in today's A10 quarterfinal. A second goal by La Salle was called back due to offsides. I felt the game was much better played by Dayton in general, and may have gone either way but in key moments the defense for La Salle held the line.

With four of the Flyers top five scorers returning next year, and for several years at that, one has to be pretty optimistic about next year's chances.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to soccerflyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (11-02-2019), Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-02-2019)
Old 11-02-2019, 07:21 PM

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Starting 7 freshmen - and no Goins - is a challenge. Thought we competed very hard in the second half and outplayed La Salle. Unfortunately, very few of our shots were on frame. We never really got a quality shot on frame the whole match. We messed up a 1v1 with the keeper in the first half on a bad last touch.
Overall, I think the season went about as expected. Need another solid recruiting class or 2 to really compete. This year's class was a start in the right direction.
Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-02-2019)
Old 11-02-2019, 10:52 PM
Captain

Here is a look at La Salle's early second half goal that was called back. It appears as though Bower (orange bubble) may have been lurking a step behind the defender but the attempting scorer, Louketis (blue arrow), was definitely on side when the ball was serviced. They botched the call.

Last edited by soccerflyer; 11-02-2019 at 11:05 PM..
Old 11-02-2019, 11:26 PM

Thanked 17,094 Times in 5,099 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Agree w/everyone's thoughts. Today's match was really lost last week in 2nd half on the same field. That was a two-loss 45 minutes of pain after being up 2-0 and getting clobbered after intermission. Were this a home game, we might have had a chance.

Its so evident in watching that we lack the physicality of the rest of the league. A lot of that is our youth. We need to hit the weight room big-time in the offseason because LaSalle and others threw us around like rag dolls for 50/50s, headers, and loose change in each goal box this year. I think the frosh class gave us all they could. They didnt have much help. But as ud69 said, we need 2-3 more of these kinds of recruiting classes to return to vintage Flyer form.

I said earlier I thought Sheldon and Goins would be All Rookie. I still think that, but I think Navarro Leon may get on there too. One again today she was very solid and the one player we have that can put balls on a teammate's foot. She has no stats to speak of but she basically played all the minutes of the entire season at center midfielder. She is small and needs strength, but she did a LOT of good work in there this year that too often went unappreciated. Played to feet, gave us some possession when we really needed it. Tracked back for some defense. Im not sure I saw many other frosh midfielders get asked to do as much as her and deliver as much either.

She will like playing with Diana Benigno next year in the midfield.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
soccerflyer (11-02-2019)
Old 11-04-2019, 04:09 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Columbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond repute
Did Mike Tucker leave the cupboard bare in 2016? Big senior class in Golz' 3rd season, and his career record is about .500. We need to do better.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:28 PM

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Columbia Blue View Post
Did Mike Tucker leave the cupboard bare in 2016?
IMHOP - Yes.

You do the math. The recruiting window for women's soccer is 2 to 3 years before they hit campus. Started 7 freshmen against La Salle and one of those was a sub (Taylor) for another freshman who normally played (Goins). I can not remember that we ever started such a young and inexperienced group. It also means the upperclassmen were not getting the job done.
Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Columbia Blue (11-05-2019)

Tags
a10champs, a10wsoc, golz, wsoccer