User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-23-2020, 01:35 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,556 Times in 3,701 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Cleveland Hotels, bars, and what to do thread.

OK, looks like if things play out right it is time to talk about Cleveland options.

So downtown near arena price on most hotels flirting with $300+ per night minimum from a quick search and quick glance no cancellation on the few cheaper ones I saw.

We just booked a Double Tree by Hilton for $109 a night in Independence, 9 miles straight south, with cancellation up till 48 hours prior. You can buy a lot of Uber rides for this price difference. Anyone find better options to look at?
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2020, 02:54 PM
2nd Lieutenant

UD B8BEE has a spectacular aura aboutUD B8BEE has a spectacular aura aboutUD B8BEE has a spectacular aura about
Not knowing the lay of the “Land”, any thoughts on the likely designated UD bar
Old 02-25-2020, 02:59 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
OK, looks like if things play out right it is time to talk about Cleveland options.

So downtown near arena price on most hotels flirting with $300+ per night minimum from a quick search and quick glance no cancellation on the few cheaper ones I saw.

We just booked a Double Tree by Hilton for $109 a night in Independence, 9 miles straight south, with cancellation up till 48 hours prior. You can buy a lot of Uber rides for this price difference. Anyone find better options to look at?
I booked Independence as well.

No such luck if Flyers end up in St Louis. You'll be paying north of $260/night whether you're downtown or in west suburbs.
Old 02-25-2020, 03:09 PM
Captain

DaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to beholdDaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to beholdDaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to beholdDaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to beholdDaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to beholdDaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
We are looking to book our room at the Crowne Plaza - Independence. Our rate is $97/night and free cancellation (also 48hrs prior).

Not familiar with the bar scene or local hangout areas.

We still haven't pulled the trigger on game tickets. Still trying to decide between section 105 or 110. For those who have bought tickets, what section are you in?
Old 02-25-2020, 03:33 PM
Captain

CJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud of
We're staying at the Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown. Booked a cancellable room a couple of weeks ago. 7 minute walk to Rocket Mortgage. Or 10 minute stumble.
Old 02-25-2020, 03:40 PM
Captain

CJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DaytonDecibelDungeon View Post
Still trying to decide between section 105 or 110. For those who have bought tickets, what section are you in?
We have 4 in 110 row 9
Old 02-25-2020, 11:14 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,122 Times in 4,168 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
I have stayed at the Hampton Inn at Superior and 9th a couple times...probably a 10-15 minute walk to the arena...it is a nice place...regular rate is $78/night...the rate on Friday March 20 is $256/night, about a 3x increase, they are also requiring a 2 night stay if you book thru their website and want to stay starting on Fri night...wow, peak demand pricing

Last edited by ud2; 02-25-2020 at 11:43 PM..
Old 02-25-2020, 11:36 PM
Just off the Jet

daytondave
After the game pulled the trigger and went with 2 seats in Sec. 110 row 9. Also staying at the Hampton on 9th, fortunately I was able to use my Hilton points.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:44 PM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by daytondave View Post
After the game pulled the trigger and went with 2 seats in Sec. 110 row 9. Also staying at the Hampton on 9th, fortunately I was able to use my Hilton points.
Thought about the same section...but for a few bucks less you can be in the club seats with food included as well as two free drinks per session...
Old 02-26-2020, 08:11 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,556 Times in 3,701 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
Thought about the same section...but for a few bucks less you can be in the club seats with food included as well as two free drinks per session...
Food and drinks? Why am I just now learning about this option and the tickets being cheaper?
Old 02-26-2020, 09:34 AM
Captain

DaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to beholdDaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to beholdDaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to beholdDaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to beholdDaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to beholdDaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to behold
Great idea! We must have missed seeing the "NCAA Experience" package. Just booked 2 tickets in the Club Box section, too (CB4).

Something else pretty cool about the Club Box seats or even the Arena seats, it
gives you immediate, convenient access to the Westfield Champions Club: https://www.nba.com/cavaliers/premium
Old 02-26-2020, 09:46 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
What is the alcohol policy during NCAAT games now?
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (02-26-2020)
Old 02-26-2020, 10:18 AM
Captain

Originally Posted by DaytonDecibelDungeon View Post
Something else pretty cool about the Club Box seats or even the Arena seats, it
gives you immediate, convenient access to the Westfield Champions Club: https://www.nba.com/cavaliers/premium
That is all included with all of the tickets purchased through primesport, not just the club seats.

They send you an electronic ticket for each of the sessions you purchase that gets you in. I bought 4 in 110 and the hospitality tickets came via Flashseat along with the seat tickets.

Sounds much more exclusive than it actually is. Bought the same tickets with the "hospitality" package thru Primesport a few years ago and lame is probably an overstatement.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:18 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
What is the alcohol policy during NCAAT games now?
Alcohol is sold at games, as of last year.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (02-26-2020), ClaytonFlyerFan (02-26-2020)
Old 02-26-2020, 10:19 PM

shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
I weighed options and went ahead for more tickets higher up than better seats and fewer tickets. Want the kids to experience as much of the NCAAT as they can this year. Now if we can make sure game times and locations are kosher to getting back for soccer tournaments and every-dam-thing else going on lol.
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (02-27-2020)
Old 02-27-2020, 02:48 PM
2nd Lieutenant

LowesFlyer is a jewel in the roughLowesFlyer is a jewel in the roughLowesFlyer is a jewel in the roughLowesFlyer is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Alcohol is sold at games, as of last year.
Good to know! Our of curiosity, wondering whether anyone has any read on if it’s better to pull the trigger on tickets now, or hold off and buy later. I’m only going to go on Sunday for Weekend 1 (hopefully of 3). Every time I’ve bought tickets early I have buyer’s remorse when I check prices the day of.

I hear what people are saying on hotels, but that’s to be expected on weekends like this. Regarding the whole downtown Cleveland area, if you haven’t been in awhile it’s come a long way. I go up fairly often, here’s a few of my favs near the arena:

- Pregame food and drink: Butcher and the Brewer has a great selection, Winking Lizard is a classic, City Tap
- Activity Bars: Punchbowl Social and Corner Alley
- Post Game Cocktails: Society and The Vault
- Casual Meals: Pizza 216 and Barrio
- Steakhouse: it’s pricey, but The Marble Room is amazing and visually spectacular. Must get reservations.
- Brunch: Townhall in Ohio City
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to LowesFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (02-27-2020)
Old 02-27-2020, 03:03 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CJ2etc View Post
That is all included with all of the tickets purchased through primesport, not just the club seats.

They send you an electronic ticket for each of the sessions you purchase that gets you in. I bought 4 in 110 and the hospitality tickets came via Flashseat along with the seat tickets.

Sounds much more exclusive than it actually is. Bought the same tickets with the "hospitality" package thru Primesport a few years ago and lame is probably an overstatement.
m

I bought through Primesport also but did not see anything about hospitality being included.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2020, 03:08 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,413 Times in 670 Posts
flyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LowesFlyer View Post
Good to know! Our of curiosity, wondering whether anyone has any read on if it’s better to pull the trigger on tickets now, or hold off and buy later. I’m only going to go on Sunday for Weekend 1 (hopefully of 3). Every time I’ve bought tickets early I have buyer’s remorse when I check prices the day of.
It's really a crap shoot depending on who is playing at that site. When UD was playing in Columbus, it was surprisingly easy to apply for tickets through Oklahoma, so I got great seats in the lower level at face value through them for our Providence game. I think they wised up because those weren't available for the next round against Dayton. Sometimes you can get them that way, and sometimes the demand isn't there if they are smaller schools that have to travel - driving down the price.

However, if a Kentucky ends up there, prices could go up a lot.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:44 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,858 Times in 719 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
If Kentucky beats auburn this weekend, I'd think they have a good shot at climbing up into the top tenoverall seeds, meaning they'd be very likely to get their closest site (Cleveland). I'd buy Cleveland tickets in that scenario.

Even if Dayton and/or Kentucky don't go to Cleveland, and it's very unlikely that neither would, you still have teams like PSU MSU OSU or Michigan as 5 or 6 seeds that could buy a ton of tickets there. It's probably a small risk money-wise.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:51 PM
Captain

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
m

I bought through Primesport also but did not see anything about hospitality being included.
Posted via Mobile Device
My bad. It says "specially marked tickets" include them. Someone else mentioned that only comes with club seats but I bought 4 all session tickets in non-club section 110 for $475 each and they include the hospitality package for all sessions. Not sure where the cut line is
Old 02-27-2020, 11:07 PM

Thanked 6,122 Times in 4,168 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
I went to the Sweet 16 games in Atlanta once...no joke, after the first game of the double header was over(the Kentucky game was the 2nd game), a UK fan paid me to move down to my seats, he was already in the building, but he just wanted to be closer to the court...and UK fans all around me were also paying other people to move into their better seats, it was happening quite a bit from what I could observe in the sections around me. I can't remember how much I got paid, I seem to recall that some people were getting paid like $50-$100 cash or more per seat to switch seats. It was one of the craziest things I have ever seen.

Last edited by ud2; 02-27-2020 at 11:10 PM..
Old 02-28-2020, 12:26 PM

Hope for UK in the other session.... Sell that and come out close to even...
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CJ2etc (02-28-2020)
Old 03-02-2020, 08:50 PM

Thanked 1,170 Times in 508 Posts
MD Flyer Pride has a reputation beyond reputeMD Flyer Pride has a reputation beyond reputeMD Flyer Pride has a reputation beyond reputeMD Flyer Pride has a reputation beyond reputeMD Flyer Pride has a reputation beyond reputeMD Flyer Pride has a reputation beyond reputeMD Flyer Pride has a reputation beyond reputeMD Flyer Pride has a reputation beyond reputeMD Flyer Pride has a reputation beyond reputeMD Flyer Pride has a reputation beyond reputeMD Flyer Pride has a reputation beyond repute
A couple questions...

- Any thought on the prices now on Primesports. Are they highest now and then come down closer to game day? Or do they shoot up after Selection Sunday once teams are announced?

- Do most people buy all-session tickets or just the 2 sessions on Friday? Then buy the Final session once things shake out.

Thanks!
Old 03-02-2020, 08:59 PM
2nd Lieutenant

UD B8BEE has a spectacular aura aboutUD B8BEE has a spectacular aura aboutUD B8BEE has a spectacular aura about
Then you need to factor in Corona V paranoia

Last edited by UD B8BEE; 03-02-2020 at 09:00 PM.. Reason: Spelling