Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2020, 12:35 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,412 Times in 2,484 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Question Favorite Obi Moment

The human highlight reel provided us with so many the last two years it’s hard to pick one. But I’ll go with a photo taken from the VCU game 1/14/2020 at UD Arena. Huge second half with a 22-0 run to bury the Rams.

The photo was on daytonflyers.com with the game write up. It shows Obi from behind. Both arms are stretched out. He’s holding the ball in his left hand. You can read “Toppin” on the back of his jersey. The Flyer Faithful at UD Arena is in the background.

Two things I like about the photo. First is Obi is going in for a dunk and appears to just be floating in air. The Man Gravity Forgot as Chris R tagged him. Zero effort for him to fly through the air for this dunk.

The second is I read pro scouts had noted Obi didn’t use his left hand much and pondered if it was a liability. Starting with that game I noticed Obi dunking with his left hand a lot. It was like he was saying, “oh...I got that shot too. Here, let me show you.”

Obi...defying gravity and defying his critics...all effortlessly, enroute to NPOY.

If UD printed up that photo in about a 12 x 18, I’d buy it to raise money for the program. UD should put out about a dozen Obi photos for sale and take orders. If Obi was inclined to sign a one of each, those could be auctioned off for big bucks as a fundraiser.
Advertisement