UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-26-2020, 12:35 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,461 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Question Favorite Obi Moment

The human highlight reel provided us with so many the last two years it’s hard to pick one. But I’ll go with a photo taken from the VCU game 1/14/2020 at UD Arena. Huge second half with a 22-0 run to bury the Rams.

The photo was on daytonflyers.com with the game write up. It shows Obi from behind. Both arms are stretched out. He’s holding the ball in his left hand. You can read “Toppin” on the back of his jersey. The Flyer Faithful at UD Arena is in the background.

Two things I like about the photo. First is Obi is going in for a dunk and appears to just be floating in air. The Man Gravity Forgot as Chris R tagged him. Zero effort for him to fly through the air for this dunk.

The second is I read pro scouts had noted Obi didn’t use his left hand much and pondered if it was a liability. Starting with that game I noticed Obi dunking with his left hand a lot. It was like he was saying, “oh...I got that shot too. Here, let me show you.”

Obi...defying gravity and defying his critics...all effortlessly, enroute to NPOY.

If UD printed up that photo in about a 12 x 18, I’d buy it to raise money for the program. UD should put out about a dozen Obi photos for sale and take orders. If Obi was inclined to sign a one of each, those could be auctioned off for big bucks as a fundraiser.
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2020, 01:38 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,484 Times in 810 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
The GW game. Specifically an early game alley oop that makes the announcer ask if we have already seen the play of the game. What makes it so awesome is that the play is at most Obi's 3rd best dunk of the night, and maybe 4th best.

Last edited by FlyingArrow; 03-26-2020 at 01:48 AM..
Old 03-26-2020, 07:24 AM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,568 Times in 5,077 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
I think it was the whole North Florida game for me. Obie went for 31 and 8, and had something like 10 dunks, many of the super-spectacular variety.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by Fudd; 03-26-2020 at 07:29 AM..
Old 03-26-2020, 07:48 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
The 3 vs Kansas where Obi was facing there bench as the ball was in the air about to go in the hoop.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
GoFlyer (03-26-2020), longtimefan67 (03-26-2020), MNFats (03-27-2020), OSU Flyer (03-26-2020), PerrymanFan (03-26-2020), wes (03-26-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 09:05 AM
Captain

MikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to behold
The windmill dunk with Mikesell behind him mocking his action.
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MikeFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-26-2020), ClaytonFlyerFan (03-26-2020), hawkoooo (03-26-2020), longtimefan67 (03-26-2020), PerrymanFan (03-26-2020), Radar (03-27-2020), Runnin' Rebel (03-26-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 09:41 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,314 Times in 1,327 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
His frosh year when he went between the legs for a dunk. It was only a six point lead at the time so the game was still in flux so maybe not the best time to try that...but I mean wow! I jumped off my couch and made my wife and daughter come watch it over and over again. That was the first time I knew this guy was a little different.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:48 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,763 Times in 928 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MikeFlyer View Post
THIS. Ryan times it so perfectly and the crowd is so unbelievably quiet you can hear everything on the court crystal clear. Right into the student section and the THUNK sound it makes is incredible.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:58 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,488 Times in 763 Posts
N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
When Obi signed his LOI. The rest is icing on the cake!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to N2663R For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-26-2020), Bonziflyer (03-26-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 11:18 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,556 Times in 3,701 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Well this will sound crazy but here goes.

Watching him pregame and on the bench the year he had to sit out. His smile, his attitude, his cheer leading ability I knew he would be special. Little things like his body language can help bring the whole team together.

2nd favorite, and I noticed this several times this season. Obi being interviewed on national TV after a win by the cbssports guys. When the interview is over, Obi initiates the hand shake and says thank you. Most athletes at all levels sprint off to the locker room without doing such. CLASS ACT
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bill202 (03-26-2020), CJ2etc (03-26-2020), jack72 (03-26-2020), Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-26-2020), sheg (03-26-2020), Sticks 'n Stearns (03-26-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 11:38 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,324 Times in 443 Posts
Runnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond repute
Tough to top that 3 dunk stretch he had against GW on senior night... but my favorite was his stare down of the Kansas bench, while his 3 pt shot was shredding the nets!
Old 03-26-2020, 12:45 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,082 Times in 469 Posts
Piqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant future
My favorite "moment", the moment that defined to me the wonderful person that is Obi Toppin..............when he was voted by his teammates the recipient of The Spirit Award during a season he never put on the Flyer uniform. That spoke volumes to me. I knew right then that we had something special on our hands......and did we ever......as a person, player and human being!!!!

Best wishes, Obi, God speed and Go Flyers!
Mad Props to Piqua Flyer '66 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Sticks 'n Stearns (03-26-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 12:48 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Here is my favorite Obi moment. I attended a practice during his redshirt season. I commented that he looked really good, very different than most big men that played for UD. He was long, athletic and had a nice hands; could shoot and dribble. I was impressed. I might have posted on this board, but I am too lazy to go back and research.

That summer, I was talking to an assistant coach for UD. I asked how good Obi was. He asked when I saw Obi and told him a practice during the season. He lit up and said " You did not see anything. You won't believe how good he is now."

He has delivered too many highlights to narrow it down. His highlights for me are his development and team attitude.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:23 PM
Captain

PerrymanFan is a jewel in the roughPerrymanFan is a jewel in the roughPerrymanFan is a jewel in the rough
Second half in the Davidson game, alley oop reverse dunk. My son and I watched it over and over. Absolutely loved watching Obi.
Mad Props to PerrymanFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fudd (03-26-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 04:57 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
My favorite was his between the legs stuff in the second half of the GW game for two reasons, mainly because it squeezed the last bit of air out of a scrappy GW team at home one Senior Day.

But also there was a residual value to the incredible home crowd reaction. Withing seconds, with the fans screaming at peak volume, Chatman made a phenomenal defensive play to draw a charging call, and the Flyer Faithful who were already screaming, actually managed to climb about 10 decibels more for maybe the loudest UD Arena noise I have ever heard. That was set up by Obi.

My wife was listening in the next room while I watched the replay, and she asked what in the heck happened? I said you have got to hear it to believe it.

Last edited by San Diego Flyer; 03-26-2020 at 05:00 PM..
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-26-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 05:33 PM

Thanked 2,377 Times in 809 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
I like the fact the between-the-legs dunk sort of bookended his career. Year one was a little too flashy for AG in a game that was tight (at the time) but showed us what we were in store for down the road. Year two was the exclamation point on his career and no doubt a goodbye kiss to the Flyer fans. And this time, AG was all smiles.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to The Fly For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyingArrow (03-26-2020), San Diego Flyer (03-26-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 06:13 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,914 Times in 2,926 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PerrymanFan View Post
Second half in the Davidson game, alley oop reverse dunk. My son and I watched it over and over. Absolutely loved watching Obi.
Interestingly enuf, Obi did not recall performing a reverse dunk after the game until a few of us reminded him that yes, you did.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
PerrymanFan (03-29-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 06:44 PM
Captain

EliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud of
Gotta be that put back dunk vs The Dukes. That was just absolutely unreal. I remember seeing it like how is that even possible. Obi even looked like he surprised himself
Mad Props to EliteEight For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (03-27-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 08:18 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
2nd half of what turned out to be his last game as a flyer.

The three dunk trifecta was awesome.

What a way to go out!
Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyingArrow (03-26-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 09:50 PM
Lieutenant General

FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
It's crazy to watch his left-handed windmills and realize he's not left-handed.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:36 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,151 Times in 2,712 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
The trifecta, nothing beats it. Three straight baskets were dunks by Obi
Dunk 1 - “you are my b!tc#” dunk. The expression on the defenders face was priceless
Dunk 2 - Reverse dunk
Dunk 3 - “For the Flyer Faithful” Between the legs.
Was that the last basket of his Flyer career?
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by cj; 03-26-2020 at 11:03 PM..
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (03-27-2020), FlyingArrow (03-27-2020), Jeff (03-27-2020), Radar (03-27-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 11:30 PM

BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Dunk 1 - “you are my b!tc#” dunk. The expression on the defenders face was priceless
Dunk 2 - Reverse dunk
Posted via Mobile Device
Wasn’t his first basket as a Flyer also a dunk?
Old 03-27-2020, 09:39 AM
Captain

Southwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to behold
Isn’t this kinda like having to pick your favorite child? 😳
Anyway, of the many, I’m gonna go with the turn around and glare at the Kansas bench as his “3” sailed through the net. This was KANSAS he did this to, for a national TV audience.

Ask me the same question tomorrow, it will probably be one of his other incredible moments.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Southwest For This Totally Excellent Post:
GoFlyer (03-27-2020), JimBo (03-27-2020)
Old 03-27-2020, 10:18 AM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Dunk 2 - Reverse dunk
Posted via Mobile Device
Believe you are correct. Hit one FT after the last dunk.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:07 AM

Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,074 Posts
UDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond repute
Dunk 2 - Reverse dunk
Posted via Mobile Device
Wasn't there was a dayton basket or two between dunks two and three? And I think he had one more dunk before he was taken out. I'll have to rewatch now!

Last edited by UDEE79; 03-27-2020 at 11:10 AM..
Old 03-27-2020, 11:16 AM

Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,074 Posts
UDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond repute
Apologies if I already posted this but I love this video. The soundtrack is a The Who's 'Teenage Wasteland' it gives me chills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHHY7aGYsNY

CTFlyer correctly noted that the song is called Baba O'Riley

Last edited by UDEE79; 03-28-2020 at 12:52 AM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDEE79 For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (03-27-2020), jack72 (03-27-2020), San Diego Flyer (03-27-2020)
Old 03-27-2020, 11:16 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,110 Posts
JimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Southwest View Post
Isn’t this kinda like having to pick your favorite child? 😳
Anyway, of the many, I’m gonna go with the turn around and glare at the Kansas bench as his “3” sailed through the net. This was KANSAS he did this to, for a national TV audience.

Ask me the same question tomorrow, it will probably be one of his other incredible moments.
I have to go with this one as well. It would have a great moment if he had started staring the bench down after he made it, but obi turned towards the bench as the shot was still in the air. Talk about confident swagger.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:17 AM

Titus and Tate podcast said Obi’s last five baskets (not free throws) in a Flyer uniform were dunks. I’m pretty sure his first basket in a Flyer uniform was a dunk, and it might have even been his first two were dunks.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and declare no other DI basketball player can say that???
Old 03-27-2020, 11:26 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,956 Times in 534 Posts
shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
Dunk 2 - Reverse dunk
Posted via Mobile Device
Obi had an alley-oop from Crutcher that came before those 3. And he had one more dunk on a pass from Crutcher that came after that three dunk sequence. So his last five baskets for UD were all dunks.

Here's the game play-by-play:
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=401170334
Mad Props to shapanud For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDEE79 (03-27-2020)
Old 03-27-2020, 12:56 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,314 Times in 1,327 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDEE79 View Post
Apologies if I already posted this but I love this video. The soundtrack is a The Who's 'Teenage Wasrteland' it gives me chills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHHY7aGYsNY
Baba O'Riley
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
sheg (03-27-2020), UDEE79 (03-27-2020)
Old 03-27-2020, 04:34 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by shapanud View Post
Obi had an alley-oop from Crutcher that came before those 3. And he had one more dunk on a pass from Crutcher that came after that three dunk sequence. So his last five baskets for UD were all dunks.

Here's the game play-by-play:
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=401170334
He had two amazing alley-oops that game. The one earlier in the game (alley-oop #1) was an alley-oop through a defender that made the announcer ask if they'd already seen the play of the game after less than two minutes. The one right before that sequence (alley-oop #2) was a two-handed alley-oop where he reached way behind his head to catch it. All 5 of those GW dunks were amazing.

Hard to rank them. For most players any one of them would be the play of their career, but here's my attempt:

1. Between the legs 3:00
2. In-your-face 2:40
3. Alley-oop #2 (way behind his head) 2:25
4. Alley-oop #1 (catch-and-turn) 0:22
5. 360 2:50

Times in this clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEKAlTSTWs8
Old 03-27-2020, 04:41 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MikeFlyer View Post
Ditto...Richmond game. You remember, the "overrated" chants?

Power and Grace.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE

Last edited by Radar; 03-27-2020 at 05:03 PM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
MikeFlyer (03-28-2020), MNFats (03-27-2020), SeasonTicketFan (03-27-2020)
Old 03-27-2020, 05:50 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
Baba O'Riley
Huh? I thought it was called the theme to CSI:NY