UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-17-2017, 10:35 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,133 Times in 5,867 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Jordan Pierce

We sat in the third row in the corner where UD warmed up. It was interesting to see Pierce. He is huge and moves fairly well. He has a decent jump shot from under 15 feet, which looked much better than a few of our starting centers going back about 8 years. That being said translating that into game situations and speed are different and probably his downfall. If Grant was going to play him last night against Stetson's two defensive tackles would have been the matchup. Looks like a redshirt barring injuries.

I was amazed how much of the warmup Landers spent showing us how well he could dunk, and he can dunk with the best. He needs to be told to work on his shots.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (11-18-2017)
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2017, 11:09 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
We sat in the third row in the corner where UD warmed up. It was interesting to see Pierce. He is huge and moves fairly well. He has a decent jump shot from under 15 feet, which looked much better than a few of our starting centers going back about 8 years. That being said translating that into game situations and speed are different and probably his downfall. If Grant was going to play him last night against Stetson's two defensive tackles would have been the matchup. Looks like a redshirt barring injuries.

I was amazed how much of the warmup Landers spent showing us how well he could dunk, and he can dunk with the best. He needs to be told to work on his shots.
Posted via Mobile Device
With Pierce I revert back to what Archie said about Big Steve. Even after he practiced a whole year with team and got in much, much better shape, Archie said we will have to be patient with him as big men take much longer to develop. I get the feeling that if Big Steve would've played his first year at UD, we would've been pretty hard on him. Pierce is probably at the same stage of development and will either redshirt or play very limited minutes throughout the season, early part of season anyway.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:16 AM
Major

TheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to behold
Most big men who aren't projected future lottery picks take some time to develop at the collegiate level. It's fun to dream on that size, but the dream is likely going to be on pause until November 2019 when we sport a front line of 6'10" Pierce at C and 6'10" Kostas at PF both with experience.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:55 AM

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TheDuke2003 View Post
Most big men who aren't projected future lottery picks take some time to develop at the collegiate level. It's fun to dream on that size, but the dream is likely going to be on pause until November 2019 when we sport a front line of 6'10" Pierce at C and 6'10" Kostas at PF both with experience.
Add Toppin to that mix too.
Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Jeff (11-17-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 02:10 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
Add Toppin to that mix too.
As in Toppin on the cake?

Very well played....
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
cobra8u (11-17-2017), Flyer 86 (11-17-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 07:02 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Last year when I suggested Pierce may possibly red shirt this year I was told multiple times that coaches don't red shirt players in college anymore unless it is an injury or academic reason. If that's true then Pierce probably won't red shirt this, although I think he should.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:38 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,597 Times in 750 Posts
CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
Last year when I suggested Pierce may possibly red shirt this year I was told multiple times that coaches don't red shirt players in college anymore unless it is an injury or academic reason. If that's true then Pierce probably won't red shirt this, although I think he should.
I remember that, and agreed then and now. Well done. This looks like a red shirt that should have happened
Mad Props to CoffeeCan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (11-17-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 09:45 PM
General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
I think he's being tentatively red shirted. But if Landers is out for any amount of time and we lose anyone else during that period, the Red shirt probably comes off.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:27 PM

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
reminds me of George Morrison
Old 11-17-2017, 11:01 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,597 Times in 750 Posts
CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
Did he play in the secret game or the exhibition game? I have not seen him play.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:15 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
I thought I remember a rule where if a player dresses and is entered into the score book he is not eligible to redshirt. Anyone know the official rule?
Old 11-18-2017, 10:21 AM
Colonel

swish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant future
I seem to remember hearing that a player can appear in up to 7 games and still redshift.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:22 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
That is a medical redshirt
Old 11-18-2017, 11:08 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
I also wonder. If Pierce doesn't log a single minute at the end of the year is it a red shirt? At the same time can he be declared a redshirt and two games later its lifted mid game out of need? Are red shirts even allowed to dress day of game? Im surprised i don't know this.
Old 11-18-2017, 11:20 AM

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Players have 5 years to use up 4 years of eligibility.

red-shirts are not determined until a season is over

A healthy player who plays no minutes does not use up a year of eligibility and can declare a redshirt. He can practice and dress for games. However, playing a single minute will forfeit the redshirt eligibility.

An injured player who plays in no more than 30% of a team's total games - all in the first half of the season - may declare a redshirt year. Valid medical documentation is required.
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (11-18-2017), Cityengr (11-19-2017), CoffeeCan (11-18-2017), Jeff (11-26-2017), mikeymo85 (11-18-2017), springborofan (11-20-2017), udisit19 (11-28-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 11:25 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud69 View Post
Players have 5 years to use up 4 years of eligibility.

red-shirts are not determined until a season is over

A healthy player who plays no minutes does not use up a year of eligibility and can declare a redshirt. He can practice and dress for games. However, playing a single minute will forfeit the redshirt eligibility.

An injured player who plays in no more than 30% of a team's total games - all in the first half of the season - may declare a redshirt year. Valid medical documentation is required.
I knew the first one and the last one. No clue on the middle 2. Great info. Just issued you my first info/fact based green pip in 4 years.
Old 11-18-2017, 11:28 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I don't see any way that Pierce can replace the type of player Trey Landers is. In any case I don't see him redshirting.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:14 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Well 3 of ODU's starters are red shirts.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-18-2017, 12:17 PM
General

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
I don't see any way that Pierce can replace the type of player Trey Landers is. In any case I don't see him redshirting.
If you're referring to my earlier post, I wasn't really referring to replacing Landers. But if we lose Landers and someone else we'll be down to 7 other scholarship players besides Pierce. I don't think AG will want to go through what AM did in 2014-2015. Not if he has another option. So Pierce would need to play and players moved around. Maybe Wehrli type minutes. Unless we have a walk on that can give us the quality of play to keep that from happening. Gruden?
Old 11-18-2017, 01:34 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
I wonder if they are "regular" redshirts. They could be medical redshirts or transfers.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:54 PM
Lieutenant General

CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm not the one who said it, I'm just relaying that others on this board said coaches don't redshirt players anymore unless it is for academic or medical reasons. I think redshirting JP is a no-brainer, barring many injuries, and I thought it last year after watching some of his high school footage. There are lots of knowledgeable posters on here so I usually defer to them. On this issue I hope they are wrong because it is obvious the kid needs to redshirt.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:57 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,283 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Given that the walkons played and he didn't, it would appear that a redshirt is a real possibility
Old 11-25-2017, 10:28 PM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Gotta think that this is the path he is going...unless injuries virtually deplete the team.

Tonight an extra big would have helped due to the foul trouble. As mentioned above...it seems as though he will be here for 5.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:33 PM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Have to believe Pierce redshirts now. With Kostas, Matej, and Josh all with 4 fouls, would have been worth it to have another big. Since we didn't see him, fully expect a red shirt barring an injury.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (11-26-2017), NYCFLYER (11-26-2017), ruechalgrin (11-26-2017), TMPH66 (11-26-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 07:23 AM

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
From the Royal loge seats I focused on Jordan during pregame warmups and can 100% understand why he's not playing. I consider an athletic Kostas a project due to his physique...I consider a physical giant Jordan to be a project due to athleticism.
Runnin' Rebel (11-26-2017), shocka43 (11-26-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 09:25 AM

Thanked 10,133 Times in 5,867 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
I think it is now a no doubter that he will redshirt. An injury to Josh or Kostas, or both, could change that, but even then the season would be a throwaway, so why play him.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:32 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
So why not just come out and say it?
Old 11-26-2017, 12:06 PM
Captain

224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
So why not just come out and say it?
I would imagine it's because of the 'what if' and a guy gets hurt, or transfers mid season and we all of a sudden need him.

Also I'm not up to date on all the NCAA rules, but would it have to do with his ability to travel with the team? Or practice? Or something else? Maybe they want him to go through all the motions as if he may get his name called one day.
Mad Props to 224 For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (11-28-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 12:15 PM
General

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
I think it is now a no doubter that he will redshirt. An injury to Josh or Kostas, or both, could change that, but even then the season would be a throwaway, so why play him.
Not if they're somewhat short term injuries that having that body out there can maybe get us through a 2-2 record. I mean, I really doubt he's totally useless at this point.

I think he's tentatively redshirted to a certain point that it becomes a 100 percent redshirt when it becomes unfair to Pierce to use him. For instance with 2 or 3 or maybe 4 or 5 weeks left in the season, is it fair to use him out of need and waste a full season of eligibility that he has to be a failsafe?
Old 11-26-2017, 12:42 PM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
From the Royal loge seats I focused on Jordan during pregame warmups and can 100% understand why he's not playing. I consider an athletic Kostas a project due to his physique...I consider a physical giant Jordan to be a project due to athleticism.
IIRC, you had made some comments regarding the athleticism of Big Steve early. I am curious as to your opinion of a comparison between the two.

It is equally possible I am "misremembering".

Hopefully, Jordan is able to where he needs to be... and where we need him to be. It's way too early to be concerned but the thought is in the back of my head that he is not athletic enough to play at this level. Again, hopefully not the case.
Old 11-26-2017, 01:38 PM

shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
We haven't seen much but he is a wide body from the waist down...he may "move well for his size", etc...but guys of his size haven't had to focus on agility, footwork, etc...in high school as much as they do in college. They get by with their sheer size before they get to where everyone is their size. This isn't a knock, just simply stating what I have seen over the years with bigs and playing with guys that made huge jumps after a year in a program. You will see a bigger jump with post players from their freshman to sophomore season more than any other position.

Looking forward, AG has solid players all around that he can get by with this season.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:49 PM
Major

TheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to behold
If your as big as J Pierce is and are ready to play right away, you are usually going to a bigger school. Him needing a redshirt isn't a bad thing as long as the tools are there to work with (which I think there is) to be a good player in the future. This will help balance out the classes as well. We don't need 5 guys in one class (6 if we would have counted Obi Toppin, what's up with him anyway?). Can even it up a little more if we have seen the last of Sam Miller, which I think may be the case as we are still recruiting 2018 guys fairly hard with Cohill in the fold and DD the only graduating senior.

Srs next year
Mr Cunningham (redshirt)
Crosby
Xeryius

Jrs next year
Trey Landers
Mikesell's (redshirt)

Sophs next year
Kostas (redshirt)
J Davis
Crutcher
Matej

Freshmen next year
J Pierce (redshirt)
Cohill
Obi Toppin? (redshirt?)
Another 2018 recruit (likely a G based on who we've been close on)

That's pretty good balance with no more one man classes, and gives CAG a 3 man class for the 2019 recruiting period. The only thing that worries me right now is the possibility of Josh grad-transferring.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TheDuke2003 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (11-27-2017), Figgie123 (11-27-2017)
Old 11-27-2017, 03:14 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
^

Toppin was ruled academically ineligible and will have to sit out the season, though he's able to practice (I think) with them, similar to Kostas last season. It kind of blows my mind that a kid that took a 5th year at a prep school was missing the core requirements, but that's a different topic for a different thread.

At the begining of the season, it seemed strange to me that Grant was putting all of his recruiting focus into point guards and shooting guards/wings, I was wondering why there was seemingly little focus on any bigs, I guess I know the reason, with Toppin and Pierce as frosh next year, assuming Pierce is indeed redshirting, that would give them 2 bigs in that class to go along with Cohill and whomever. If nobody transfers out, a jr wing that transfers in could be intriguing, giving them a pretty balanced roster b/w classes and position in 2 years
Old 11-27-2017, 11:59 PM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I’m not quite sure what to make of this, but here’s an interesting passage from the end of this article in the DDN:

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/spo...xFJdlnBFUFTtI/

One freshman, center Jordan Pierce, has not played in the first five games. Grant said they have not discussed redshirting him.

“Obviously, with our numbers, we need all hands on deck,” Grant said.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:11 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
AG didn't even play him against Akron while he put in all the walkons. Something seems fishy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-28-2017, 08:25 AM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
I commented after the ODU exhibition game that I thought Pierce would be an ideal redshirt candidate, as he needed time to develop his body, feet, and hands. I think Anthony Grant wants to keep that option on the table as long as possible.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:39 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
AG didn't even play him against Akron while he put in all the walkons. Something seems fishy.
Posted via Mobile Device
The way things are coming together I don't think any of us should question what AG's plans are at this point. The freshman are progressing nicely, or at least I for one are enjoying watching them mature at the college level.

My guess is that if it is not AG's intention to redshirt Jordan Pierce like the dayton daily news article stated then he will probably make his first appearance against either Tennessee Tech on Dec. 6th or Penn on Dec. 9th unless XW and TL are still unable to play against Auburn and foul trouble for our bigs deems it necessary!
Old 11-28-2017, 08:52 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Coach and player likely have a plan since the beginning of the season. You'll know in practice when you are ready. My guess is he is schooled on a daily basis.

Gotta remember Miller was selling Freshman minutes to all recruits. No better way to address that issue is let them play in practice and see for themselves.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:24 AM
Major

flybye is infamous around these parts
Guys, I really think we will see there is a tie in with Jordan and Sam. No one is talking about it but I bet we hear something soon. I think he comes back and pays his own way and in light of the all the stuff and going on in the NCAA Sam would be accepted back.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:30 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flybye View Post
Guys, I really think we will see there is a tie in with Jordan and Sam. No one is talking about it but I bet we hear something soon. I think he comes back and pays his own way and in light of the all the stuff and going on in the NCAA Sam would be accepted back.
What's the connection? If Sam comes back and pays his own way - that has nothing to do with Jordan's scholarship. And they are totally different players. If Jordan was ready - he'd be playing - regardless of what is going on with Sam.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:42 AM
Major

flybye is infamous around these parts
I didn't say anything about Jordans scholarship. I believe they want to redshirt Jordan. If they know they will have another big that allows them to do that. Plus with X backspasms and the foul trouble with Kostas and Josh we need a big. If Sam were a definite on not coming back I think they would try to get some min out of Jordan... lets see how it plays out. Again just my take.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:13 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flybye View Post
I didn't say anything about Jordans scholarship. I believe they want to redshirt Jordan. If they know they will have another big that allows them to do that. Plus with X backspasms and the foul trouble with Kostas and Josh we need a big. If Sam were a definite on not coming back I think they would try to get some min out of Jordan... lets see how it plays out. Again just my take.
Right - I was just trying to figure out what connection you were talking about.

I go back to Sam and Jordan being very different players. If Jordan was ready he would play...even if Sam comes back.

This team is not in a position to keep good product off the court. If he can play he will. I think we all agree he isn't ready - which is why he isn't playing. All of that is independent of Sam's future. I just don't see a connection there.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:04 PM
Major

flyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant future
FWIW, Pierce has left UT-Martin after one season.

Thus far, its been a series of one-year stops: Dayton, Odessa CC, then UT-Martin.

Last year for the Skyhawks, he played a total of 91 minutes in 18 games, scoring 26 points.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:00 PM
Major

UDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant future
Late Bloomer.......

I think he will get it together.....
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDTradition For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (09-03-2020), oldfan (09-03-2020)
Old 09-03-2020, 12:07 PM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyer016 View Post
FWIW, Pierce has left UT-Martin after one season.

Thus far, its been a series of one-year stops: Dayton, Odessa CC, then UT-Martin.

Last year for the Skyhawks, he played a total of 91 minutes in 18 games, scoring 26 points.

Strikes me as a guy who is allergic to hard work.
Old 09-03-2020, 12:29 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Probably has vision problems. Just can't see himself working hard enough to stick around anywhere
Old 09-03-2020, 12:34 PM
Captain

Clear Prop has much to be proud ofClear Prop has much to be proud ofClear Prop has much to be proud ofClear Prop has much to be proud ofClear Prop has much to be proud ofClear Prop has much to be proud ofClear Prop has much to be proud ofClear Prop has much to be proud of
Could be he's burnt out on basketball?
Old 09-03-2020, 07:03 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Clear Prop View Post
Could be he's burnt out on basketball?
Possibly. But when I see a guy like that, I’m reminded of a quote by the former UC great, Kenyon Martin. I’ll botch the actual quote, but the situation was something like, a reporter asked him to explain how he got to be such a great college player, and he attributed it to hard work. The reporter then asked where he thought he’d be if he didn’t work so hard, and he gestured toward teammate Donald Little, and he said “Like him.” Or words to that effect.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-03-2020, 07:04 PM

Thanked 3,138 Times in 795 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
I am guessing that this kid was cursed with being tall. Never really loved the sport but felt like it was something he needed to do. Probably was told from the time the was 9 that he was going to be a star basketball player.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to John C. For This Totally Excellent Post:
Chris R (09-04-2020), Clear Prop (09-04-2020), shocka43 (09-03-2020)
Old 09-03-2020, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by John C. View Post
I am guessing that this kid was cursed with being tall. Never really loved the sport but felt like it was something he needed to do. Probably was told from the time the was 9 that he was going to be a star basketball player.
At times others want the success more than the person themselves.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bill McPeek (09-04-2020), Chris R (09-04-2020), Clear Prop (09-04-2020), CT Flyer (09-04-2020), springborofan (09-04-2020)
Old 09-04-2020, 09:44 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,182 Times in 579 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
Early in his recruitment Jordan was targeted by a good number of schools, some high profile schools. They all backed off. Maybe they saw something or discovered something they didn't like. I think UD took a chance on the kid and that didn't work out too well.
Mad Props to Bill McPeek For This Totally Excellent Post:
Clear Prop (09-04-2020)
Old 09-04-2020, 02:18 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
He's no different than some of the biggest baddest 17-18 year old OL in high school who never go against a kid close to their size and never get challenged and can easily pile drive a kid 80 lbs. lighter 10 yards down the field. Get the kid in college and all of a sudden he's going against a kid only 20 lbs. lighter who is stronger, faster and meaner.

I have no idea if that pertains to him but I would bet the following relates to him in some way in that you simply have to have interest, above all, focus, drive and a real work ethic to become good to great.

Last edited by steve; 09-04-2020 at 02:26 PM..
Old 09-04-2020, 02:44 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by steve View Post
He's no different than some of the biggest baddest 17-18 year old OL in high school who never go against a kid close to their size and never get challenged and can easily pile drive a kid 80 lbs. lighter 10 yards down the field. Get the kid in college and all of a sudden he's going against a kid only 20 lbs. lighter who is stronger, faster and meaner.

I have no idea if that pertains to him but I would bet the following relates to him in some way in that you simply have to have interest, above all, focus, drive and a real work ethic to become good to great.
If I recall correctly, he wasn't all that dominant in high school even with his size. I think it was potential with that size that intrigued programs.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:42 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
If I recall correctly, he wasn't all that dominant in high school even with his size. I think it was potential with that size that intrigued programs.
Potential + Laziness = Failure
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
springborofan (09-04-2020)
Old 09-04-2020, 07:33 PM
General of the Air Force

T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
Potential + Laziness = Failure
= Donald Little (per my Kenyon Martin citation earlier).
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-04-2020, 07:42 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Speaking of whom, I Googled him to see what he’d been up to since leaving UC. I saw where he and several other former UC players had careers overseas. That includes Bobby Brannen, who as of the writing of that article, last played overseas in 2009 in some place called “Polan”. Ah, Comm Arts majors...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-05-2020, 06:09 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,086 Times in 640 Posts
steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
why is there more of an interest in this,
than Mali Smith?

I don't understand

Go Flyers!
Old 09-05-2020, 09:03 AM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
Posted via Mobile Device

Little was freaking talented. What that kid could have done with his life.
Old 09-05-2020, 11:48 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

TX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steverino015 View Post
why is there more of an interest in this,
than Mali Smith?

I don't understand

Go Flyers!
We’ve been talking about Mali for months. We’re all stuck at home bored so have to find a new topic every once in while.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-05-2020, 05:36 PM
Brigadier General

steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TX Flyer View Post
We’ve been talking about Mali for months. We’re all stuck at home bored so have to find a new topic every once in while.
Posted via Mobile Device
I see... well, there are maybe, 20 posters who have
actually commented in the welcome to the family
thread....

perhaps some could visit that thread and welcome
him? just a thought....

Go Flyers!!
Old 09-06-2020, 11:40 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
I see... well, there are maybe, 20 posters who have
actually commented in the welcome to the family
thread....

perhaps some could visit that thread and welcome
him? just a thought....

Go Flyers!!
Are we not allowed to talk about a player that has worn the Flyer uniform on the Dayton Basketball message board? Just a thought...
Old 09-06-2020, 03:00 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
Are we not allowed to talk about a player that has worn the Flyer uniform on the Dayton Basketball message board? Just a thought...
of course...

can we have more than 20 posters welcome
Mali, a current player who wears the uniform..

we had been waiting and talking for months,
and he signed for us! great news..

in the time it took for you to post, which is fine,
you could also visit that thread and welcome him
to UD, as a CURRENT flyer who will be
wearing our uniform...
just a thought

Go Flyers!

Last edited by steverino015; 09-06-2020 at 03:08 PM..
Old 09-06-2020, 04:58 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
The number of responses to this thread is probably more a function of how long ago this thread was posted, 11/17.
I probably don't post welcomes on here like I used to. Since I joined Twitter and Instagram, I always congratulate and welcome the player on their own post with the announcement. I joined both platforms spcifically for Flyer sports and our players, alumni and coaches are pretty much the only people I follow.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (09-08-2020), steverino015 (09-06-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 05:28 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
The number of responses to this thread is probably more a function of how long ago this thread was posted, 11/17.
I probably don't post welcomes on here like I used to. Since I joined Twitter and Instagram, I always congratulate and welcome the player on their own post with the announcement. I joined both platforms spcifically for Flyer sports and our players, alumni and coaches are pretty much the only people I follow.
oh I do understand some of the numbers are
due to how long this has been around....

but, the welcome to the family thread for Mali
had around 41 likes, yet only about half
have commented... just seems a bit light that's all

Go Flyers!
Mad Props to steverino015 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (09-06-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 07:15 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
I see you Jordan Pierce and raise you one Detwon Rogers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (09-07-2020)
Old 09-10-2020, 01:51 AM

of course...

wearing our uniform...
just a thought

Go Flyers!
13,435 will welcome him when he puts on the uniform and steps into the arena.

I'm pretty sure he will appreciate that more than a few likes on UD Pride...that is if he's ever heard of UD Pride outside of Twitter.
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
wes (09-10-2020)
Old 09-10-2020, 12:16 PM
Captain

AZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud of
of course...

wearing our uniform...
just a thought

Go Flyers!
Don't you know the rules of social media? Never say anything positive, instead tear people down. If a person is down, kick them so they are even more down. Attribute qualities randomly to a person, of course only negative qualities. I, personally, don't relish in Jordan bouncing around schools. and wish him well in the future.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:09 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

IndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Don’t forget the other rule, always add a comment that brings your personal political view to the basketball board.
Posted via Mobile Device