Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-02-2017, 09:34 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

mikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud of
shot clock reset at end of game

here's what I saw: Kyle jumps to get the loose ball at the baseline, while in air he tries to throw it to charles cooke out near sideline, Charles bobbles ball and it goes out of bounds with 1 second remaining on shot clock for VCU. Refs say Kyle had possession and reset the shot clock giving VCU the potential to run the last 22 seconds off the clock and make a two to tie or a three to win. This was a huge call. why was it not reviewed? I understand you can't call time out while in the air with the ball then how is that possession when resetting the clock? Is this not a reviewable call? Maybe I didn't see it correctly, but I will be the first to admit I am rarely wrong.
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2017, 09:37 AM
1st Lieutenant

jerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to behold
Kyle absolutely had possession. And I think he gained possession while both feet were on the floor (albeit momentum taking him out of bounds). We had 3 TO's in our pocket and I think he had time to call one if he thought of it, especially when the ref was right under the basket too.

Unfortunate outcome after a great initial play by KD. Could have finished the job with a quick TO but I think they got it right, he stole it and took possession.
Mad Props to jerseyflyer09 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 09:38 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
If he had possession enough to pass it, that's possession enough to reset the shot clock. It wasn't like a tip pass... he pulled it out of Mo's hands and tried to get it to Cooke.

Great, underrated play in the game... that was a tying layup for sure, or a foul at least.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:39 AM
Just off the Jet

UDGags is on a distinguished road
It was pretty obvious watching on TV he had possession. Even live (before they showed the replay) it looked like he had possession...hard to make that type of pass without possession.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:43 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,302 Times in 3,005 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
had two hands on the ball = possession
Old 03-02-2017, 10:21 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,329 Times in 1,336 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I think it was the St. Joe's game where the refs said one of their players had possession and reset the shot clock for the Flyers when all he did was try to save the ball. So if that was possession (which I didn't think it was) then Kyle's is definitely possession.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:23 AM
1st Lieutenant

mook has a spectacular aura aboutmook has a spectacular aura aboutmook has a spectacular aura about
Kyle had possession and I don't think he could have called a TO because he was falling out of bounds. Now by rule they have to be established in bounds and staying inbounds to call TO right?
Old 03-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
Think they need to change the rule as he did have possession under current rules, but wrong incentive for good defense. Same thing with shot clock at 1 or seconds and jump ball (team should be able to decline jump ball if on defense).
Old 03-02-2017, 11:42 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

mikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud of
Cool

I will have to watch replay. at arena I did not see him with ball in bounds. I guess there is a chance I could be wrong
Old 03-02-2017, 11:53 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,082 Times in 469 Posts
Piqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant future
I think they got it right. But I have come to the conclusion that this game cannot be officiated correctly on a consistent bases.
Players are too quick, too fast. Reds do their best, but even the best are not consistent. So move on. Adjust and don't let it effect your performance as a player.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Piqua Flyer '66 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-02-2017), mikeymo85 (03-02-2017), rollo (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 01:23 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Okay, have to ask this. Since the shotclock was reset(turned off actually), which means Kyle had possession, did he also get a steal and a turnover on that play? Seems that you have to have all 3 if you have any.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:50 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Okay, have to ask this. Since the shotclock was reset(turned off actually), which means Kyle had possession, did he also get a steal and a turnover on that play? Seems that you have to have all 3 if you have any.
The ESPN play by play record shows it as both a steal and turnover by Kyle.
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-02-2017)