User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-02-2017, 09:22 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,752 Times in 794 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Kyle Davis

I've been going to games home and away since the late 70s. I've not enjoyed watching any Flyer more than KD. He is the straw that stirs the UD drink. His fire and heart are without equal. I'd love to see him as a DB in the NFL someday.

I'm gonna miss these seniors like no other group not for what they have done but for who they are and how they have done it. To me, KD is the epitome of a Truetean teammate. He is now my favorite Flyer of all time.

Thanks Srs for the great memories and for lettting us be proud to call ourselves Flyers.

Now go out and finish strong, not for us but for you.
Posted via Mobile Device
15 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Marysville Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (03-03-2017), ClaytonFlyerFan (03-02-2017), cobra8u (03-04-2017), CT Flyer (03-02-2017), DickB 309 (03-03-2017), FLYER5 (03-03-2017), Fudd (03-03-2017), fuz_forward (03-03-2017), MDFlyer (03-03-2017), NYCFLYER (03-03-2017), shocka43 (03-03-2017), Smitty10 (03-03-2017), Sticks 'n Stearns (03-03-2017), TerryK_67 (03-03-2017), TXFlyerFan (03-03-2017)
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2017, 09:44 PM
General

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,551 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post
I've been going to games home and away since the late 70s. I've not enjoyed watching any Flyer more than KD. He is the straw that stirs the UD drink. His fire and heart are without equal. I'd love to see him as a DB in the NFL someday.

I'm gonna miss these seniors like no other group not for what they have done but for who they are and how they have done it. To me, KD is the epitome of a Truetean teammate. He is now my favorite Flyer of all time.

Thanks Srs for the great memories and for lettting us be proud to call ourselves Flyers.

Posted via Mobile Device
Marysville Flyer: I couldn't agree more. Kyle has been one of my all-time favorite Flyers. He plays the game with such passion; he realizes his strengths and weaknesses; and his sense of "team" is just incredible. Like you, I will miss this young man and only can hope that his passion for basketball and team carries him forward to his next set of dreams. Fortunately, I think we will be watching and admiring Kyle for many more games!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
cobra8u (03-04-2017), FLYER5 (03-03-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 10:02 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
KD has made so many great plays over the years that don't always show up in the stat sheet. The contesting of the final three against Boise State, and the takeaway from Alie-Cox yesterday come to mind.

How about the game winner against Miami last year?

And he has gone from the point where I was on here complaining about him taking threes in the past, to one of our best outside shooters this year.

Definitely one of my all time favorites as well. In fact, all three of the seniors who have been with us all four years join the ranks of my favorite players of all time.
Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-04-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 12:50 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Let me say this. As a kid, when it came to basketball, I wanted the glory as do most. It takes a special person growing up that doesn't care about padding their own stats and all they do is work to have their team win and win and win. And let other's have the sexy stats. It's something rare and I'm guessing Kyle Davis has always been that way from at least the age of 12. The most unselfish player I've ever seen.

And what I loved about last night more than anything, when it was all over, it was Kyle who was celebrating the most. It seemed like he's the one who enjoyed it the most. He was the front and center among the seniors. He's always taken a back seat as far as recognition to the other 3, but last night seemed to be his night more than any. And the reason being, they hit another goal as a team.

Think back to all the individual heroics over the past few seasons. Scoochie against Davidson is a perfect example, XW against RI is another. Neither happens without Kyle doing what Kyle always does. When there's a close game, Kyle always does something to tilt the odds our way.

Kyle Davis is the most special Flyer of all time IMO, he only cares about the team winning.

And in closing, I've been in debates with a lot of people over who from the latest era deserves to go the UD hall of fame and all I get back is arguments over points scored, rebounds and assists. Kyle doesn't measure up in any of those stats, but someone please name me anyone more deserving? He is one of the greatest Flyers of all time and no stat shows that. You know what Kyle Davis really is? He's Archie Miller's spirit and mind on the court.

Last edited by Smitty10; 03-03-2017 at 01:03 AM..
10 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-03-2017), ClaytonFlyerFan (03-03-2017), cobra8u (03-04-2017), DickB 309 (03-03-2017), fuz_forward (03-03-2017), MDFlyer (03-03-2017), NYCFLYER (03-03-2017), Radar (03-03-2017), Runnin' Rebel (03-03-2017), UDGutter2 (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 06:33 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,221 Times in 549 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
Marysville Flyer: I couldn't agree more. Kyle has been one of my all-time favorite Flyers. He plays the game with such passion; he realizes his strengths and weaknesses; and his sense of "team" is just incredible. Like you, I will miss this young man and only can hope that his passion for basketball and team carries him forward to his next set of dreams. Fortunately, I think we will be watching and admiring Kyle for many more games!
10 more wins would do it for me!
Old 03-03-2017, 06:43 AM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,618 Times in 5,097 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Kyle just makes winning plays all over the floor. And he is quite a compliment to Scoochie. That duo is the best press breaking machine that we have had in my lifetime.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-03-2017), redbengal (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 08:16 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,285 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Agree with all of the above about KD. More than any other player he seems to be the closest reflection of our head coach. My guess is they've probably had a few clashes in the past four years but all in the spirit of competition and winning. I also bet he has a little bit of a longer leash w/ Arch as well, especially when you witness some of the verbal exchanges between the two during games. My favorite moment from Weds celebration was Kyle grabbing Archie after he (Arch) descended the ladder w/ the net and lifting him off the ground in a bear hug.

Scoochie = most valuable
Kyle = most important

There's just something about a Smith and Davis backcourt at UD...

Last edited by Radar; 03-03-2017 at 08:27 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (03-03-2017), Glen Clark (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 08:24 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,012 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
If KD was 6'3" ( yes, a big "if") he'd be a NBA player similar to a guy way back named TR Dunn...Dunn was a 6'3"/ 6'4" guy who never averaged more than 10-11 ppg in college and never more than 6-7 ppg in the NBA but did everything KD does and probably not as much in college as KD does...Guys that score 25 ppg can turn college games around and guys that do what KD does have the same affect..
Old 03-03-2017, 08:25 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,619 Times in 2,468 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
And what I loved about last night more than anything, when it was all over, it was Kyle who was celebrating the most. It seemed like he's the one who enjoyed it the most. He was the front and center among the seniors. He's always taken a back seat as far as recognition to the other 3, but last night seemed to be his night more than any. And the reason being, they hit another goal as a team.
I noticed this too. After the rest of the team and coaches had gone to the locker room, Kyle was still on the floor posing for pictures with fans and signing autographs. And I couldn't stop watching him until he left the court and walked up the ramp that final time.
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 08:38 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,341 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Kyle standing in the student section with the A10 Conference Champions on the screen is now my Facebook cover photo. Love everything about him, the way he plays, the way he carries himself, his attitude (just right amount of swagger yet not cocky), his leadership, his penchant for making plays when they are most needed. I could go on but judging by this thread there is no need because everybody gets it. Alex Robertson is the greatest thief I have ever seen at UD (and anywhere for that matter) but Kyle is the BEST all around defender that has ever donned a Flyer uniform. He will be missed but I look forward to seeing his next 10 games!
Old 03-03-2017, 09:25 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,592 Times in 3,714 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Wouldn't it be great to see Kyle as a Graduate Assistant manager on the sidelines next year for our Flyers. Good group of young guys coming in he could take under his wings and possibly be a very valuable asset to the team, plus gain valuable leadership experience that could lead to him being a good coach someday.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
66flyer (03-03-2017), CE80 (03-03-2017), Cityengr (03-04-2017), cobra8u (03-04-2017), fuz_forward (03-03-2017), jack72 (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 09:27 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,285 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
YES !
Old 03-03-2017, 09:31 AM
Major General

steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
Wouldn't it be great to see Kyle as a Graduate Assistant manager on the sidelines next year for our Flyers. Good group of young guys coming in he could take under his wings and possibly be a very valuable asset to the team, plus gain valuable leadership experience that could lead to him being a good coach someday.
Selfishly, yes, but would rather see him either playing ball overseas which he will most definitely or getting a look as a DB for a NFL team...
Old 03-03-2017, 09:38 AM
General

TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
I would love to see that. He would be such an inspiration to the young players. Bring him on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2017, 09:40 AM
General

Originally Posted by steve View Post
Selfishly, yes, but would rather see him either playing ball overseas which he will most definitely or getting a look as a DB for a NFL team...
I raised this NFL DB point a couple of years back. I don't know if he would be interested or not, but the kid has the athletic ability to at least try that. I would like to know how he would time out in the 40 yard dash.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:41 AM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
I stayed around and watched the celebration. As the senior celebration went on Archie wasn't having any net-cutting. And after he climbed the ladder and cut the net down himself, Kyle playfully bear hugged him and messed his hair up.. Shed a little light on their relationship. Also gave a message for the fans to see that THESE aren't the nets he longs to have his team cut down.
Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-04-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 09:43 AM
Major General

I raised this NFL DB point a couple of years back. I don't know if he would be interested or not, but the kid has the athletic ability to at least try that. I would like to know how he would time out in the 40 yard dash.
Without knowing if he likes to actually "hit/tackle" or not (I'd assume he does but one never really knows), I'd imagine his quicks,length, cone time, agility measures, strength measures, and vertical would be on par with pretty elite athletes and football players.....
Old 03-03-2017, 10:15 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
The point guard from Miami showed that this is possible but he was a stud football player in high school. did Kyle play football in high school.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:42 AM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
He would have to be tempered by his next coach. Kyle's an athlete that is like a thoroughbred racehorse. He loves what he does but to satisfy that taste he needs to do it with frenzied pace displaying his incredible quickness. Which takes a lot of energy. Little small but I could see him play his game like troy Polamalu did. But the more I envision him playing football the better I like him at cornerback and as a return specialist. Just dnot think he has the mass to play safety. Though he could make all those moves. The defining factor in playing corner is whether he can back-peddle and flip his hips to change direction and burst. I know he can change direction with a burst but can he back-peddle, turn, and run with NFL receivers. I think it's a great topic though strictly hypothetical.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:44 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,165 Times in 2,722 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Kyle would get killed in the NFL. All the receiver would have to do is make him go to his right.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-03-2017), UDGutter2 (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 10:48 AM
Brigadier General

You tell him that..
Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 10:53 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,592 Times in 3,714 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Last time the NFL talk came up about KD, someone said he was too small.

Tell that to Kurt Coleman, Northmont and OSU Grad (first team all big ten), who is about to start his 8th year in the NFL as a safety with the Carolina Panthers. Coleman is all of 5'11", but one of the hardest hitting toughest guys on the field.

But I still do not see KD being in the NFL!
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 11:04 AM
Brigadier General

Watched Coleman since he was recruited and all through his OSU career and he never, ever showed quickness on-par with Kyle, being honest. And speed kills. That's why it's hard to say no when projecting him to a speculative position in the NFL.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:08 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,915 Times in 6,996 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
If strength and/or speed is all you need to make an NFL roster, Usain Bolt and Carl Lewis (as well as Shocka and King Rollo) would be in Canton and Mo Allie-Cox would be on his way. There are other factors necessary. Many, many factors.
CE80 (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 11:23 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by FLYER5 View Post
Watched Coleman since he was recruited and all through his OSU career and he never, ever showed quickness on-par with Kyle, being honest. And speed kills. That's why it's hard to say no when projecting him to a speculative position in the NFL.
Coleman was a tremendous athlete, too. Totally different comparing the quickness/speed of both players playing in different sports when one guy is also wearing at least an extra 12 plus lbs. of equipment. Not shying away and/or initiating contact would be far higher up on the totem pole.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:53 AM
Brigadier General

My point is you'd have to give him a look because of his speed. I'm almost sure that Kyle's quickness is a known commodity, and it would not surprise me if he gets a try out from an nfl franchise. If he has the ability to turn and run, and if he can run between 4.40-4.47 then he can feasibly make it as a project imo. Even players like Percy Harvin and Curtis Samuel have as much quickness and elusiveness as raw speed. But Kyle thinks and makes the right decisions at-speed. He's won as many games with his head as he has with his hands and feet. It doesn't matter the sport. That trait will transfer to other sports. Right, I know. He probably doesn't have 4.4 speed. It's rare. But you have to let him run a forty to see.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:09 PM
Brigadier General

I know Kyle has a professional basketball career in his very-near future. I love his hoops skills. I'm just trying to see the guy have the most success possible. Tell me, would it be great to see him square-off against Antonio Brown? Bet he could take him in one-on-one
Old 03-03-2017, 12:22 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,767 Times in 1,133 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Regardless of KD's next career move, if I owned a business I would hire KD in a nanosecond. He will be successful wherever his career path takes him. Where he is today and from where he came shows the heart of a lion.
Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 12:31 PM
General

Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
Regardless of KD's next career move, if I owned a business I would hire KD in a nanosecond. He will be successful wherever his career path takes him. Where he is today and from where he came shows the heart of a lion.
Precisely...a young man who would pour his guts out for your business just like he does on the court. I hope Kyle recognizes how much he is loved by Flyer fans!
Old 03-03-2017, 01:16 PM
Captain

Sticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post

Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you for this - I was thinking the other day about starting a thread about KD and how he is my all-time favorite Flyer. You've said it for me - and for all the same reasons. We are going to miss all of these seniors for different reasons next year. I will miss Kyle for his defense, his speed, his ability to come up with almost EVERY 50/50 ball, his knack for getting down the court on the break and finish, his unselfishness, and most of all, his heart.
Mad Props to Sticks 'n Stearns For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 02:22 PM
General

Thanked 1,269 Times in 787 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fudd View Post
Kyle just makes winning plays all over the floor. And he is quite a compliment to Scoochie. That duo is the best press breaking machine that we have had in my lifetime.

these posts are all super wonderful. Kyle had slightly rough first 10 to 15 games.

the last 5 to 10 ( and i haven't seen nearly as much in the past) games he's all over making:

Key Steals
blocks, stops
shots and 3's
passes

ALWAYS in the right place, right time. Usual making a play or set of plays that turns the tide or momentum.

Wow, been enjoying him on this last run!!!!
Old 03-03-2017, 02:45 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,371 Times in 1,107 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
All these seniors are great players- they would be in my mind as good if not better than any team i can remember. Definitely all make my top 20 UD players from the last 50 years. KD reminds me (a lot) of another UD HOF'er named Davis- Johhny Davis. And thats about the highest compliment I can give.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-03-2017, 10:03 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

joeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to behold
I had the pleasure of meeting Kyle last spring. I told him that I appreciated all he had done for UD basketball and that he was one of my all time favorite players. He got a big smile on his face when I said that. I am sure that isn't the first time he has heard that, but his reaction was genuine and humble. I am truly going to miss watching him and the other seniors after their UD careers are over. They all are champions and represent the best in Flyer basketball.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:45 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,619 Times in 2,468 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/spo...ef=cbTopWidget
Kyle's post game interview video.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bill202 (03-04-2017), Smitty10 (03-03-2017), TommyGola (03-04-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 07:56 AM
General

Thanked 5,460 Times in 2,387 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
The reason I would hire Kyle in a second is that he never tries to be who he's not. He's not a 3 point shooter so he doesn't take 7 in a game. He's not a ball handler so he doesn't take the ball and try to dribble through traffic. He just does his job, and when it's needed, he'll pick up your slack and carry it too. He's got the kind of self-awareness that is rare in young people.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-04-2017), Flyer 86 (03-04-2017)