User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-17-2017, 11:09 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
I agree that you can take your "good game, good effort" posts and shove them straight up your a$$. No matter how well intentioned. Especially right now.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
DaytonInsider (03-18-2017), Smitty10 (03-18-2017)
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2017, 11:14 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDGutter2 View Post
Two plays where refs $/%00€#=) the pooch: Kyle, clean steal, WSU grabbed his arm, foul on Kyle. Kyle, clean block with 2 on shot clock, foul on Kyle.
Originally Posted by sopaw10 View Post
The 2 calls on Kyle were really bad. Kyle makes terrific defensive plays and the ref bails out the offensive player. We may not have played well enough offensively to deserve the win, with CC3 and X not showing up, but anything can happen if the ref makes the correct call on those plays.
Absolutely correct. There was also a foul late on Pollard when he didn't touch the guy. Announcers agreed those were all bad calls. Say what you will, but those calls had a huge impact on the outcome of the game.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:14 PM
Major

Go-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to behold
I appreciate good will when I see it. And that is what the Shocker fans have shown on our site. Good game and good luck in the tournament.
Mad Props to Go-UD-Go For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (03-18-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 11:16 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,461 Times in 612 Posts
UD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond repute
Great FT shooting team

Hats off to them they hit a couple key threes and made most of their FTs on every trip between the 4 and 1 minute mark.

Our guys need to figure out how to draw fouls while rebouding and getting body checked by the rim down the stretch.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UD90 For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (03-18-2017), UDGutter2 (03-18-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 12:49 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,484 Times in 810 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Good game and good luck.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:36 AM
Just off the Jet

CBB_Fan has a spectacular aura aboutCBB_Fan has a spectacular aura about
I usually have a rule about not posting on another team's board after a game, because it is so easy to come across badly win or lose. But I felt I had to make an exception in this game.

I came away from this game with great respect for Dayton, its coach, its fans, and its seniors.

I hope we can continue this series, either as a H&H or (cross-fingers) as conference mates. Archie's coaching in this game was, from my perspective, nothing short of a masterpiece. I have not seen better defensive schemes. The Flyer faithful showed what a great fanbase looks like, they looked and sounded great and are one of the biggest reasons I'd love to keep playing Dayton.

And finally, I was incredibly impressed by your seniors. Wichita State is a program that prides itself on being tougher than the opposing team, but today that wasn't the case. Your seniors showed the pride and grit and playmaking that make college basketball a great sport, from tip-off till the last buzzer.

These were two evenly matched teams that should never have played so early, and I knew I'd come away with some heartbreak even in a win because a good mid-major team was going to have their run ended early. Both teams I saw today should have had a chance to do damage without eating their own.

Good game, and good luck.
11 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CBB_Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Big Rob (03-18-2017), BigMacFlyer (03-18-2017), Bob G (03-20-2017), Bonziflyer (03-18-2017), Figgie123 (03-18-2017), FLYER5 (03-18-2017), MikeFlyer (03-18-2017), rasta man (03-18-2017), SeasonTicketFan (03-18-2017), UDGutter2 (03-18-2017), Whacker (03-19-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 06:13 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,360 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
I posted this in the game thread but it looked like Marshall said to Archie "great ****ing game, we need to play this game every year."
We play in the regular season and the committee doesn't pair you up in the dance. That's how the high mid-majors beat the selection committee at their own game. It's how we beat the P5/BE when they won't schedule us. Nothing wrong with putting together a little cartel of very good basketball programs to do what you have to do to compete against the establishment and the bias.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Big Rob (03-18-2017), C-time (03-18-2017), CT Flyer (03-18-2017), Figgie123 (03-18-2017), sopaw10 (03-18-2017)