Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-22-2015, 09:26 AM
Major

flybye is infamous around these parts
Dayton media needs to step up

The Local media needs to do a better job. Last week Parrish had a talk with Archie and now Goodman offer much more than the Daily news/ Larry/Whio/Bedell. Larry had a chance to ask last nite if DP was playing against Miami and he didn't. Don't know if they are afraid of asking a TOUGH question or they have been told not to. But they need to get better.
Mad Props to flybye For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-22-2015)
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2015, 10:25 AM
2nd Lieutenant

Archie MillerLite is just really niceArchie MillerLite is just really niceArchie MillerLite is just really niceArchie MillerLite is just really nice
Will never happen. Just like how the administrations owns the lives of innocent students, they also own the Dayton Daily Rag, literally. When the dictator owns you, you become a puppet.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Archie MillerLite For This Totally Excellent Post:
Garson (12-22-2015), Phi Psi Flyer '09 (12-22-2015), rollo (12-22-2015)
Old 12-22-2015, 11:25 AM
Captain

Phi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to behold
Agree with Archie MillerLite. Absolutely no incentive for DDN to do anything against the program. I live in Cleveland. The only reason I ever read anything/follow people on twitter from local Dayton is because of UD basketball. If they upset UD they'd be finished. I think Bedell and Jablosnki do pretty well for what they have to work with.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:39 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Phi Psi Flyer '09 View Post
Agree with Archie MillerLite. Absolutely no incentive for DDN to do anything against the program. I live in Cleveland. The only reason I ever read anything/follow people on twitter from local Dayton is because of UD basketball. If they upset UD they'd be finished. I think Bedell and Jablosnki do pretty well for what they have to work with.
The do a decent job, but still incomplete IMO. We rarely see a quote/sound bite from opposing coach after the game. Maybe it's resources and reporters can't be in two places at once assuming both coaches are giving their pressers simultaneously? Maybe not. All I know is I can visit opposing team's newspaper/media after a game and I see quotes from home coach AND Archie...

Archdeacon will go after visiting coach for info if he happens to be doing a side feature about the game, but that's about it.
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
GaryReno (12-22-2015)