Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-20-2015, 02:48 PM
2nd Lieutenant

UD B8BEE has a spectacular aura aboutUD B8BEE has a spectacular aura aboutUD B8BEE has a spectacular aura about
Archie Miller TV show

I know he has a radio show But is there no local network that does a TV show anymore since WHIO divorce? Not only is this disappointing for fans but it is a local recruiting tool as well. Anyone know the true story?
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2015, 03:07 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

runnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to all
I would love to know the story. I've watched that show at least as long ago as Donald Smith played. He made 100 straight FT's one Sunday. Hard to believe that 2,22 or 45 wouldn't want it.
Old 12-20-2015, 03:32 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
Time Warner Cable

has apparently adopted the business philosophy of Microsoft Corporation in which they insist on "exclusivity" of Dayton basketball given their purchase of the product. They are attempting to use Flyer men's hoops as a marketing tool to attract customers to their qualitative inferior cable package. They televise games exclusively on their cable system and are contemplating some kind of Flyer program between games. Microsoft spent years insisting their products be incompatible with rival brands. I welcome the future when UD's program grows beyond the reach of the Time-Warner mentality. This is Swampy's area of expertice and I'm sure he can enlighten us all.
Old 12-20-2015, 05:32 PM
Colonel

Ready Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant future
Well as we know the TV show was/is tied into the coach's contract meaning more $$$ for the coach. Wonder how that played out in the contract extension or will play out? It's all growing pains and as such specialty targeted programming going forward as I see it will be only available via internet stream. Outlets like Yahoo are dying and need new avenues to generate $$$. Whether we like it or not things are changing as we as sports fans are huge revenue generators for these outlets.

Last edited by Ready Action; 12-20-2015 at 05:37 PM..