User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-12-2018, 09:52 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Something Lacking This Time of Year

So how did you feel knowing that if you chose to watch "Selection Sunday" you weren't going to be in suspense as to IF we are in or WHERE ARE WE GOING or WHO ARE WE PLAYING?

I watched out of habit this year knowing all those questions had been answered long ago. I thought about the last few years and how great it felt to know with certitude that we were going to be a part of "IT".

It started with the surprise that first year we were called up with Archie in command and except for the last couple of years not advancing the excitement was all there till the end.

I hope ... no ... I REALLY REALLY HOPE that next year we are at least in the mix (a la the Bonnie's) for the NCAA.

I saw some improvement in the last few games (yet sometimes inconsistent play did show its' ugly head). So I have some hope at the moment!

"What could of been" has turned into "what could be" all over again! I saw some names yesterday that seem to make it every year (no not the blue bloods) ... Wichita State, Gonzaga, PENN.

I also saw the names of teams that once again are there most likely ONLY due to their conference affiliation.

Too early to know who all the OOC games are against H/H and buy in's. What is the exempt tourney next year?

Besides the 2 named newcomers does anyone have an inside track as to a replacement for XW? Does the replacement have to be a 6-9 (or above) guy?

Will Crosby stay or will he go?

Is Pierce staying or will he be asked to go?

Will all the coaching staff stay?

Will AG change his style of play maybe even a little?

Heh! Folks its' the OFFICIAL START OF THE OFF SEASON!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (03-12-2018), Viperstick (03-12-2018)
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2018, 10:03 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I had a real empty feeling watching the show without a chance we would be in. Also watching SDSU, Providence, and a host of others, being in a position that we should be in.

Bummer.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-12-2018), jack72 (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 10:12 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,560 Times in 2,453 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
I can answer one of your questions. The exempt tourney is the Battle for Atlantis in the Bahamas
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
NJFlyr71 (03-12-2018), NYCFLYER (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 10:41 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Yesterday felt different for us all, but on the bright side (and despite predictions that the A10 was a 1 bid league with 2 max if URI didn't get the auto-bid), the conference has 3 reps, so that's good. And the same talking heads predicting 1/2 bids now think Davidson can make some noise and even beat UK.

Also good to see 3 of our non-conf opponents make the dance (Auburn, Ga State, Penn) with two very very close (St Mary's, Wagner (had LIU-Brooklyn not upset them)).

I don't think AG is going to let the grass grow under his feet in moving out and reshaping the roster, with the press release on XW being just the first step. I expect the news on others to come sooner rather than later. Missing the Dance is not good, but it gives AG an early jump on recruiting, be it JUCO, grad transfers or future classes.

Now onward hoping for an early exit for _avier, more success for Wright State, and looking forward to next season!

Last edited by Radar; 03-12-2018 at 10:46 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (03-12-2018), Flyer 86 (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 10:51 AM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Davidson beating UK would be the biggest PR boost for this league in years. I really hope the A10 can make some noise this week
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-12-2018), Flyer 86 (03-12-2018), NYCFLYER (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 11:02 AM
Major General

NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
Davidson beating UK would be the biggest PR boost for this league in years. I really hope the A10 can make some noise this week
I guess S Curry has lost all eligibility?
Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 11:08 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Followed by Rhody over Duke in second round.
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 11:09 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
I can answer one of your questions. The exempt tourney is the Battle for Atlantis in the Bahamas

TUFF TUFF Tourney Loaded with above average programs ...

Virginia, Wisconsin, Florida, Oklahoma, Butler, Stanford, Dayton and Middle Tennessee State

Right now, at this moment, in our program, we are not ready for prime time.

Good news we have time to reflect and regroup ....
Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 12:06 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NJFlyr71 View Post
TUFF TUFF Tourney Loaded with above average programs ...

Virginia, Wisconsin, Florida, Oklahoma, Butler, Stanford, Dayton and Middle Tennessee State

Right now, at this moment, in our program, we are not ready for prime time.

Good news we have time to reflect and regroup ....
Wow, we could be staring at 0-3. 1 win would be treading water, 2 wins would be freaking awesome and a title would be......well, let's not be silly.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:41 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Why not if you can't envision it you can't achieve it.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:00 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Grant's teams have historically been very good defensive teams. This year was an anomaly, and given a summer to work with with the foundation he has set, the Flyers should see marked improvement next year over this year.

Offensively, the Flyers should be better next year. I expect Crutcher and Davis to improve, and Kostas to put on some muscle. Trey and Josh will bring what they have. Mikesell will be back, and we will get to see Toppin for the first time. Svoboda will hopefully learn the NCAA 3 point line and a quicker release. That is a pretty good nucleus, and I haven't even mentioned the newcomers that we know so far, Matos and Cohill.

So, for next season, barring injuries, I envision a deeper team with an improved offense and a much better defense. And with a deeper team comes the ability to be more aggressive on the boards, as fouls won't be quite as important, there's always a sub.

No reason not to be optimistic about next year. Go FLYERS!

PS, I can envision Dayton making noise in Atlantis.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:25 PM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDGutter2 View Post
Grant's teams have historically been very good defensive teams. This year was an anomaly, and given a summer to work with with the foundation he has set, the Flyers should see marked improvement next year over this year.

Offensively, the Flyers should be better next year. I expect Crutcher and Davis to improve, and Kostas to put on some muscle. Trey and Josh will bring what they have. Mikesell will be back, and we will get to see Toppin for the first time. Svoboda will hopefully learn the NCAA 3 point line and a quicker release. That is a pretty good nucleus, and I haven't even mentioned the newcomers that we know so far, Matos and Cohill.

So, for next season, barring injuries, I envision a deeper team with an improved offense and a much better defense. And with a deeper team comes the ability to be more aggressive on the boards, as fouls won't be quite as important, there's always a sub.

No reason not to be optimistic about next year. Go FLYERS!

PS, I can envision Dayton making noise in Atlantis.
At the very least, they should make a splash.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
SLUFLYER (03-12-2018), UDGutter2 (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 01:25 PM
General

Thanked 1,267 Times in 785 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SLUFLYER View Post
Wow, we could be staring at 0-3. 1 win would be treading water, 2 wins would be freaking awesome and a title would be......well, let's not be silly.
let's hope the motorized frosh from Oklahoma goes pro.

I'm also hoping Virginia, Wisc, Butler are.... graduating some seniors
Old 03-12-2018, 01:29 PM
General

Thanked 1,267 Times in 785 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Actually just looked. NOPE.
Wisc has tons of juniors and frosh.

Butler only like 1 senior

Virginia 1 major contributor Senior. ****!
Old 03-12-2018, 01:29 PM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
The potential of Quadrant one wins in this tournament is unreal! Those may be the only quadrant ones we have a shot at next year. Any idea of the at-large is which number of teams have a least These wins?
To answer the original question, I wasn’t even home when it was on last night. I was traveling back from Pittsburgh. I was thinking to myself, I can just look at the bracket later. It really is a different experience.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-12-2018, 01:31 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer 86 View Post
let's hope the motorized frosh from Oklahoma goes pro.

I'm also hoping Virginia, Wisc, Butler are.... graduating some seniors
Wisconsin should be back to being a tournament caliber team. Oklahoma will be without Trae Young. Butler loses two seniors including their best player Kelan Martin
Old 03-12-2018, 01:31 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Flyer 86 View Post
Actually just looked. NOPE.
Wisc has tons of juniors and frosh.

Butler only like 1 senior

Virginia 1 major contributor Senior. ****!
Wisc was not good this year. They were somewhat in the same boat as us. Not sure how bright their future is or isn't for next year.
Flyer 86 (03-13-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 01:42 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,082 Times in 469 Posts
Piqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant future
what is Quad 1, 2 etc?
Old 03-12-2018, 01:57 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Piqua Flyer '66 View Post
what is Quad 1, 2 etc?
Quad 1 wins - at home vs 1-30, neutral vs 1-50, road vs 1-75

Quad 2 wins - at home 31-75, neutral 51 - 100, road 76-135
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SLUFLYER For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-13-2018), jack72 (03-12-2018), Sarge (03-13-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 04:27 PM
General of the Air Force

I just realized it wasn't the UD administration being overly concerned about the First Four that caused this down year for men's basketball. St. Patrick's day is on a Saturday this year. Can you imagine what would happen if the perfect storm of a Flyer upset victory happened this Saturday? You think Archie leaving was due to the four seniors graduating and the IU job being available? I think not. You think XW decided to play video games on his own? Ryan Mikesell having surgery this offseason? Put it all together and it is very clear why things happened the way they did.
OSU Flyer (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 07:36 PM
General

I would not be surprised at all to see Wisconsin drop out of the Battle of Atlantis.

20 Big Ten games, Marquette, ACC/Big10 Challenge and possibly the Gavitt Games with the Big East. With Atlantis that's 25-26 games against top tier opponents. That would be one of the most difficult schedules in college history
Old 03-12-2018, 09:42 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NJFlyr71 View Post
I guess S Curry has lost all eligibility?
There was a time i reaaaaaly liked him.

Stephen Curry is the new LeBum. "Resting" in games fans spend $100+ on tickets,and Bashing Trump.

NBA is now MSNBA

Last edited by BRob2Perryman3; 03-12-2018 at 10:12 PM..
Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-13-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 09:46 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
I would not be surprised at all to see Wisconsin drop out of the Battle of Atlantis.

20 Big Ten games, Marquette, ACC/Big10 Challenge and possibly the Gavitt Games with the Big East. With Atlantis that's 25-26 games against top tier opponents. That would be one of the most difficult schedules in college history
No program in their right mind would drop out of that field
Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (03-13-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 10:37 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Oklahoma lost 8 of it's last 10 with a POY candidate.....they are not a good team. They are in the dance because the committee wanted Trey Young in, nothing more.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (03-12-2018), C-time (03-13-2018), Flyer 86 (03-13-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 01:03 AM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of

Isn’t that the whole point of the emphasis on Quad 1 wins? Next year Wisconsin can go 7-5 non-con, 9-11 in Big 10, win 2 games in the B10 Tourney, and end up on the right side of the bubble by virtue of its 6 Quad 1 wins. Never mind that none of the 6 came in a true road game. And never mind that they finish 6-14 against Quad 1 teams. The 6 qualifying wins in Quad 1 would be favorable to Dayton pulling off the stunner and winning the Battle4Atlantis title and going 3-0 on the season against Quad 1’s.

That scenario may be a slight exaggeration but it’s basically the kind of thing I heard from Chairman Rasmussen on the nearly unwatchable selection show.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to redbengal For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-13-2018), SLUFLYER (03-13-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 05:45 AM
General

Originally Posted by redbengal View Post
Isn’t that the whole point of the emphasis on Quad 1 wins? Next year Wisconsin can go 7-5 non-con, 9-11 in Big 10, win 2 games in the B10 Tourney, and end up on the right side of the bubble by virtue of its 6 Quad 1 wins. Never mind that none of the 6 came in a true road game. And never mind that they finish 6-14 against Quad 1 teams. The 6 qualifying wins in Quad 1 would be favorable to Dayton pulling off the stunner and winning the Battle4Atlantis title and going 3-0 on the season against Quad 1’s.

That scenario may be a slight exaggeration but it’s basically the kind of thing I heard from Chairman Rasmussen on the nearly unwatchable selection show.
They can get all the wins they need in the Big 10, from Marquette and Big 10/ACC Challenge. 22 out of the 30 or 31 games they play are against power teams.

3 more neutral sites is a lot for a team to take and playing 3/4 of your games against high quality competition is a bear.

Based on the dates they could come back from Atlantis and play in the Big 10/ACC Challenge and shortly after play their 2 early Big 10 games in December.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:31 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Remember the days when coaches used to say you need to play the best to be the best...ahhh the good old days.
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-13-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 09:22 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
Remember the days when coaches used to say you need to play the best to be the best...ahhh the good old days.
Yes, but the general attitude among P5+1 schools is “We are the best, and we’re playing each other, so by definition we’re playing the best.” Not all have that mindset, but it is a general attitude among the blue bloods. They’re Judge Smails, and we’re Al Czervik, trying to break into their little club.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (03-13-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 09:45 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,329 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
Yes, but the general attitude among P5+1 schools is “We are the best, and we’re playing each other, so by definition we’re playing the best.” Not all have that mindset, but it is a general attitude among the blue bloods. They’re Judge Smails, and we’re Al Czervik, trying to break into their little club.
Posted via Mobile Device
Which is why post season tournament performance is so important for the small conferences, especially the A10. This is the only way to vindicate. Makes me laugh whenever the NCAA selection chairman is interviewed to defend the committee and you always hear the comment "strength of schedule" or lack thereof and "quality of work". Small conferences might get 1 or 2 away games at best with a quality opponent. You'd never see a Duke doing a home and home against UD unless UD went there for abuse 10 straight years. Seems like Purnell did have us there once. That's the direction this A10 conference needs to take; the John Chaney attitude that "we'll play anybody anywhere anytime"
Mad Props to longtimefan67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
redbengal (03-13-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 10:44 AM
Major General

OK does any one have an idea as to

Will Crosby stay or will he go? (I really don't know for certain but since he has played some minutes I think the decision would belong to him if he accepted that role.)

Is Pierce staying or will he be asked to go? (Here I think he is gone after a discussion with AG. Could there be some redeeming characteristic for him to stay on the team .... maybe ... maybe not but here I think it really is up to AG not the player himself.)

Will all the coaching staff stay? (This could be interesting if someone jumps to another program as the coaching carousel starts to spin after the NCAA.)